The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo! Archives
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 28th, 2004, 04:32 AM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
This will be our final season for Hullabaloo

It is a very bittersweet moment as I announce that this will be Hullabaloo’s last season and we plan to cease event throwing on our 8th year anniversary, July 9, 2005. That will be our 44th event in total, a near unprecedented run that only a very small amount of production companies in the entire world have ever reached. I think everyone knew we couldn't go on forever and I wanted to end on the high note that Hulla so much deserves.

The legacy of Hullabaloo is one of the most formidable of the entire history of underground music. Since Hulla is unlike any other promotion and means so much to so many people we thought it deserved a going-out unlike anything before, so we’re giving it a bit of time. That leaves us just four more times to come together and live the magic that has made Hulla what it is. We’ll have three regularly scheduled shows, and then of course a final send-off that we’re sure will be filled with such emotion the likes of which have never been seen.

I started Hullabaloo to promote the kind of music I loved and wanted to hear out myself. Unlike the regular path of a high profile DJ, I knew the scene would be better served this way more than anything else I could do. After all, this music was meant to be heard in one way – at a rave. Little did I know then how much that decision would resonate with generation after generation of partier and such a phenomenon would be born. While Hulla would never have existed if Happy2bHardcore didn’t come before it, the effect of Hullabaloo on the scene and the people who attended our events has been far more profound than even selling over 400,000 Happy2BHardcore CDs.

I’ve been working on a book about my journey and all the behind-the-scenes stuff that no one is privy to, and now that book will have an ending. I hope some of you who have never been take this opportunity to be part of this final chapter instead of just reading about it and for everyone who was part of the adventure along the way I’d like to thank you for your contribution to rave history.

With much love,

Chris Frolic

ps: The final season of Hullabaloo begins on December 11th, let's see her off proper!

updated: Tickets for the last ever Hulla will go on sale noon February 15th
Old September 28th, 2004, 05:22 AM   #2
Moonstruckred23
Hullanewbie

ANABOLIC FROLIC
I'VE NEVER WITNESSED HULLABALOO BUT I'VE BEEN A HUGE FAN SINCE 2000. ITS SAD TO HEAT YOU ARE ENDING AN EMPIRE BUT I KNOW ITS LEGEND WILL LIVE ON. I LIVE IN DALLAS,TX AND HAVE ALWAYS DREAMED OF WITNESSING HULLABALOO. i AM GOING TO TRY MY BEST TO BE THERE IN JUNE. GOOD LUCK FOR WHATS AHEAD AND ALWAYS ROCK STEADY..... STAY HARDCORE - BRAD (((MOONSTRUCK RED)))
Old September 28th, 2004, 06:54 AM   #3
Adidax
Hullanewbie

Hey Frolic, just wana wish you and robin and yuri good luck

though this means i have less than a year to become a world famous DJ so i can play at a hulla
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:54 AM   #4
Moonstruckred23
Hullanewbie

P.s. Youve Been A Huge Insporation To Me, My Girlfriend Caroline, And Dallas As Well. Congradulations To You And Robin With Gavin Frolic. I'm Sure He'll Be Spinnin In No Time.

Peace
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:49 AM   #5
happy1
Hullaboarder

Unhappy

one day..... if ... if i somehow make it to become an electronic dj, i will try to start a hulla in america. this greatly saddens me to hear hulla is dying. it saddens me because the worlds only happy hardcore rave is dying. :you have also been a big inspiration to me as well. i absolutely love happy hardcore and your moonshine cds always cheered me up when i was bored or sad. those cds are what got me into happy hardcore and what led me to discover the hulla events and the website. ive got to say thank you for the events even thought i have never been to a hulla or may never go to one.

Last edited by happy1 : September 28th, 2004 at 08:52 AM.
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:42 AM   #6
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy

All good things...

Hopefully she will go out with a bash to end all bashes... a little something to remind us of the old days... two rooms... all the people from days gone by come to see her off...

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:59 AM   #7
DJ Wolf
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Wolf
Hulla is far from "dying", happy1.

And, Mike -- I was thinking the same thing as you with the 'two rooms' idea.

CHRIS & ROBIN -- my heart sank to hear of this news. I can only imagine how it must have felt to come to this decision yourself. Hullabaloo has been, still is, and always will be a dream of mine. There isn't enough respect that can be given to you for everything Hullabaloo has given to Toronto, N.America, and beyond.

It will be missed... but the legend will never cease to exist.
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #8
psychosis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to psychosis Send a message via Yahoo to psychosis
im so sad drift was my first hulla and i was determined to go to everyone hulla afterwards now that i know there are only 4 im gonna be more determined then ever im so sad about this but change has to happen to better the future lets just get some killer lineups for the end though...
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #9
rattie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to rattie
Awww, no! This news really breaks my heart.. But you've gotta do what's best for you and your family. Cheers, Frolic.
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:12 AM   #10
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is the worst day of my life
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:20 AM   #11
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Well..... I know what I'm doing on June 18th 2005.
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:22 AM   #12
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
Wow.

Thanx Chris, Robin and Kristine for letting me be apart of your friendship crew. It has meant a lot to me to be apart of HUlla.

It is sad that Hulla is comming to an end but it's better to go out on a hihg note instead of fadding away.

I wish the best for you, Robin and Gavin.

hugz

Purerave: Acorn143
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #13
TrYpPy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
and now the rumours come to light. Knew it.
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:25 AM   #14
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
*tear*
I love Hulla.... and will always have the pictures, the friends, the music and the memories to remind me of some of the best days of my life.

Thankyou Chris and Robin for EVERYTHING
These next 4 parties are going to be GRRRRRRRRREAT!!!!
Kris*
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #15
unkelfukkr
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to unkelfukkr Send a message via MSN to unkelfukkr
holy hell...
i amy will have to make an effort to get to these ones...

for some reason you just expect it to always be around...
good run though, frolics.
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #16
dj nofrills
Hullaboarder

Chris, thanks for keeping the vibe alive in Canada for all these years and sticking with it through some dark times. Maximum respect to all the original hardcore ravers.

While nothing may ever be able to measure up to the glory days of Hullabaloo, hopefully the new generation or promoters will remain dedicated to the hardcore underground.

Thanks for the years of good times in the crowd and on the decks.
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:51 AM   #17
jarefox
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to jarefox Send a message via Yahoo to jarefox
I got very cold shivers up and down my spine when I read your message. I hate to say it...but its "the end of a era".

:/

Some of my favorite memories in life have happened at Hulla's, its very sad for me to see them go.

Cheers,

Jare Fox

"A day without dancing is a day wasted"
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:52 AM   #18
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
wow... i will be there, come hell or high water july 18th, 2005!

as much as we will miss hulla, the impact on the Tdot scene alone it has had, has set you guys up with a good, healthy, strong scene to build further upon. Don't be sad Hulla is passing in to the mists, take some initiative, and start throwing some of your own events, fellow toronto kids, join the ranks of those whom have already taken this task up, and build up, to build each other up, so that the hulla legend never dies! ^_~

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:53 AM   #19
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
Woah, i keep blinking back tears and i am sittin here at work wishin there was someone to console me. I can't express in words how much Hullabaloo means to me.
The first time in my life i can say that this is really hard. wow. im soo overwhelmed. i was showing a friend of mine photos from a few hullas and i looked at the picture of me with you chris at my first hulla. it is so bizarre how this knowledge is now public cuz for some strange reason i had an insight that hulla was goin to be coming to an end. i missed 4 hullas since i started goin to hullabaloo back in 2002. i will not miss the last 4. i will be bringing people that never been so they can have a taste of what i am goin to miss soo very dearly!!! there are no words to say how much hulla changed my life. i was raving before i went to hulla for 3 years or so and there is no other party that compares....i've been to massives and one offs and undergrounds and overpriced letdowns and hulla has always been the best party i have ever gone to. i will miss hulla soo much!!!! i hope that when the time is right there will be a hulla reunion!!!! i am already thinking into the future. big hugs!! good luck chris robin and gavin!!! to all the djs who graced the hulla stages the mcs the partykids BIG HUGS without hulla i wouldn't be hardcore!!!
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:58 AM   #20
raversteve
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to raversteve Send a message via AIM to raversteve
this sucks,
drift was my first hulla and now its going away. i was planning on taking my kid to a hulla someday after i have one. ive been all over the midwest raving and the only place that was actualy a true rave was hulla. i hope there will be somthing to take up some of this empty space in my heart.
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:04 AM   #21
raversteve
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to raversteve Send a message via AIM to raversteve
dont stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by okidam
wow... i will be there, come hell or high water july 18th, 2005!

as much as we will miss hulla, the impact on the Tdot scene alone it has had, has set you guys up with a good, healthy, strong scene to build further upon. Don't be sad Hulla is passing in to the mists, take some initiative, and start throwing some of your own events, fellow toronto kids, join the ranks of those whom have already taken this task up, and build up, to build each other up, so that the hulla legend never dies! ^_~

keep it together guys, UNITY
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:17 AM   #22
*KanDie~AnGeL*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to *KanDie~AnGeL* Send a message via Yahoo to *KanDie~AnGeL*
we can't forget about it... when it ends... we all must remember the good time we had up there...so we all most go until the end.... Party Hard and loud forever! !

PLUR !

www.kanditrade.com/

come and join us.....
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #23
butrfly_god_s
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to butrfly_god_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busta
Well..... I know what I'm doing on June 18th 2005.

I'm right there with you! Probably the next one in December too, and hopefully we can squeeze the other ones in there too. Gotta catch 'em all!
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #24
Eric, Flat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Eric, Flat Send a message via Yahoo to Eric, Flat
Chris, none of us who haven't actually done it can even begin to imagine how much time, work, expense and stress is involved in putting together even one party like Hulla, much less dozens. How can we ever thank you for the happiness and inspiration?
Rave, like punk, started out as a do-it-yourself scene. It's returning to that. All of us who love Hullabaloo need to start thinking about how to keep it going, wherever we're from. We can buy some records, learn to mix, find discrete, safe venues, get our friends together and party. That's how it all began.
The September 2005 Hulla would have fallen on my 50th birthday (I'm the OLDEST of the old skool), and I'd already planned the trip! DAMN! Guess I'll have to put together my own party!
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:38 AM   #25
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Quote:
Originally Posted by butrfly_god_s
I'm right there with you!

And bring me presents. It's my brithday (actually Monday is, but close enough).