The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo! Archives
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 28th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #51
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
cant even put sorrow into words...
Old September 28th, 2004, 05:33 PM   #52
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
*tear*

Purerave: Acorn143
Old September 28th, 2004, 05:41 PM   #53
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychick
So what is going to happen to the board?

That's what I was thinking! I don't really go to hulla's that much anymore, so I'm not exactly devestated. But the thought of the hullaboard gone...eeek.
Old September 28th, 2004, 05:46 PM   #54
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
^^pfft, what a mooch.... I could really care less what happens to the board once hulla is gone, I mean really whats the point without the music.
Old September 28th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #55
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
My birthday is June 20th

What a sucky birthday present..
oh man that sucks.. I'm sad i didn't start going to hullas earlier

i'll never miss another one
Old September 28th, 2004, 06:26 PM   #56
Bonkers87
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Bonkers87
It has been my dream to come to a Hulla. When I bought your H2bH ch.4 cd, it started a whole new chapter in my life! I never knew there was music like that out there. I never knew about the underground scene. I never knew about the candy kids. I wont get to make it to a Hulla party. Just know you have a huge fan here in the state of Georgia, lol. Ever since I bought your cds, I would just wish and wish I could to a Hulla and be aorund people like me. When I buy your Hulla cds, i close my eyes and imagine I am there dancing with everyone. Maybe a Hulla will come alive here in the states on the Eastern Coast!
Once in a lullaby
Old September 28th, 2004, 06:54 PM   #57
Ryhalo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Ryhalo
ive been listening to ur h2bhc series since day 1
ive known of ur legacy for yrs now and still consider you the best hardcore dj out there frolic

it makes me very sad that hulla is entering its final stages, but like most things, this one has to come to an end

thank you for the memories and the for the last remaining hullas to come. i will be there and i will always remember hulla.
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:11 PM   #58
cocainextoupees
Hullaboarder

damn, some of my best parties have been hullas. met some of my best friends..

but as many have said.. the scene will only die if we let it die!!

the last few parties i've been to have definitely reassured me that the scene is NOT dying, and the vibe is still as strong as ever. things may not be how they used to be, but parties change with the times.

all i can say is, people look too much to the mainstream parties, and aren't supporting the people who are just up and coming.

come to the festivals, the small club parties, the big huge parties and keep the scene alive, guys!
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:16 PM   #59
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicHalfDuo
Well... I think we all knew it was coming, eventually... all good things must come to an end (if only so that new good things can come to light). I found happy hardcore because a co-worker one day said "come on out to my car and check out this music I found," and it was, on Happy 2b Hardcore, "All That You See and Hear..." I found raving because I did a couple of searches for the music and found the hullaboard... I owe the biggest definitive and positive change in my life directly to the Frolics and, through them, to Hullabaloo... everything I've discovered and enjoyed since then - the incredible people, the amazing music, the memories (and the forget's )... everything was made possible, at the start, through Hullabaloo.

Your first Hullabaloo;
The first time someone gave you a whistle;
That feeling when you first walked into the door and the sound washed over you;
The first time someone said "Happy Hullabaloo" and gave you a hug;
When the headliner played an unreleased remix of your favourite track;
When Frisky closed the night with "Children of the Night";
When they cut the music and you could hear 800 ravers singing along to "Shooting Star";
Standing in the lineup with kids from 13 states and three countries all standing next to you;
The first time you got absolutely smashed at a Hullabaloo;
When you talked in the washroom for three hours;
Those f'ng stairs;
When Michael Jatas came to Hulla to flier;
When you drank for 2 hours with that guy at the bar, and only stopped when he said "hang on, I have to go spin now";
When you got home from a Hulla and had 56 pieces of paper and everyone had an email or PR name on it;
Standing outside at 6 AM on a Sunday morning shouting "Let’s go to Cherry Beach!" and everyone actually does;
The first time you got a CD, and one for your friend, too;
Partying right through the SARS scare;
Partying right through the blackout;
Bumping into someone and having them apologize;
Dancing;
Singing;
Loving;
Raving.

Happy Hullabaloo.

BEST POST EVER!!
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:19 PM   #60
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
I'm waiting for someone to tell me that my calendar is wrong and its really april first... this just sucks.

Enchanted was my first hulla, and I was blown away. The only party to compare was my first... I actually cried in happiness at that party. I was so happy and content there that people asked where I got my stuff, but I was sober... Then Sail Away came, and somehow it was even better!

There is no way I'm missing the rest of them. If I have to I'll take a job at McCrap so I can afford to go to all four of the remaining ones. I should get to celbrate my 27th birthday at Hulla like I was supposed to my 26th but money fell short... this time I'll find a way.
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:29 PM   #61
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
thanks for the memories and all that...if it wasn't for these parties and the board i wouldn't have met some of my good friends that i have today...thanks again frolic

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:37 PM   #62
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
I can't say this was unexpected, but I can say that I will mourn the end of a most excellent era. June 18th will be the saddest party ever, people are gonna be crying all night.

(and seriously... what will happen to the boards?)
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:43 PM   #63
Triptye
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to Triptye
I haven't been to a hullabaloo in about a year but when I read this message I started to get teary eyed. One of my biggest dreams has always been to spin at a hulla, but now that dream will go away forever, but the memories I've had from previous hullas will always remain. Good luck to everyone involved in the hullabaloo scene. I love you all and I will miss you very much.

TO ANABOLIC FROLIC: Thank you for throwing these parties. They have always been the best I have ever been to and the people have always been amazing. Good luck to you and your family in the years to come.

TO THE DJ'S: You all rock and I thank you all very much. I've never experienced more love and unity in one place, at one time than at a Hullabaloo. The vibe is amazing and the music has always been even better.

TO EVERYONE ELSE: Thank you for being there. You guys have always been one of the best parts of Hullabaloo. I love each and every one of you more than you could ever know. Good luck to everyone in the future.

I'LL DO MY BEST TO SEE EVERYONE AT THE FINAL HULLA!!!!!
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:02 PM   #64
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to dianejapa Send a message via AIM to dianejapa
i dont even know where to begin. i started crying the second i started reading, and timmys post post made me hysterical. i had a feeling this was going to happen pretty soon because, it has been a pretty damn good run, and now theres the baby to think about.

hullabaloo got me into the whole scene, and literally changed my life. i can't even begin to describe what hulla means to me. all the friends, the memories. thank you to frolic, the djs, robin, the friendship crew for making it such a great experience. and thanks to each and every person whos ever attended. the hulla vibe isn't to be matched. i'll miss it so much, but i'll always have my memories (and a huge stack of photos, a box of candy/whistles/toys....*sigh*) ::::smiles thru her tears::::
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:26 PM   #65
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicHalfDuo

Your first Hullabaloo;
The first time someone gave you a whistle;
That feeling when you first walked into the door and the sound washed over you;
The first time someone said "Happy Hullabaloo" and gave you a hug;
When the headliner played an unreleased remix of your favourite track;
When Frisky closed the night with "Children of the Night";
When they cut the music and you could hear 800 ravers singing along to "Shooting Star";
Standing in the lineup with kids from 13 states and three countries all standing next to you;
The first time you got absolutely smashed at a Hullabaloo;
When you talked in the washroom for three hours;
Those f'ng stairs;
When Michael Jatas came to Hulla to flier;
When you drank for 2 hours with that guy at the bar, and only stopped when he said "hang on, I have to go spin now";
When you got home from a Hulla and had 56 pieces of paper and everyone had an email or PR name on it;
Standing outside at 6 AM on a Sunday morning shouting "Let’s go to Cherry Beach!" and everyone actually does;
The first time you got a CD, and one for your friend, too;
Partying right through the SARS scare;
Partying right through the blackout;
Bumping into someone and having them apologize;
Dancing;
Singing;
Loving;
Raving.

Happy Hullabaloo.

i was sad before but this made me i have to go to the last hulla now, i don't care if i have to let sercurity do a strip search on me i will be there!
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #66
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid
^^pfft, what a mooch.... I could really care less what happens to the board once hulla is gone, I mean really whats the point without the music.

I can see yuor point.

I would say that while music is important, it's not what makes Hullabaloo so much more special than anything that has come before it. What has set Hulla apart from other companies that have come and gone, is the community that has been built over the years. Hulla is more than just DJs spinning music. Anyone with some money and time could book the exact same DJ's that Hulla brings in. But without the community backing everything up, the whole experience that is Hullabaloo is completely different. Hullabaloo goes beyond what has happened in the confines of its many parties. So many people have forged lifelong friendships, whole groups of friends and had their life courses change. Without the online community, no matter which DJ's were brought in or which tracks would be played, Hullabaloo would have died along time ago Pretty much a collapse would have happened before the online only promotion of Hulla-FTWK. Tha is what makes that party so legendary to so many people, not a single flyer printed. If that party had fizzled, Hulla would have been over. But it didn't, and that was largely because of the message board. It completely reignited Hulla. Then move onto later Hullas, where a large number of people have come in from out of country. Without this influx of people from out of town, Hulla would be dead. Without the board, keeping the community tied together would be impossible and Hulla would have fizzled.

Thanks for building such a wonderful community that I and many others have benefited from for so long.

Last edited by basic : September 28th, 2004 at 08:38 PM.
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:32 PM   #67
RaverPrincess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaverPrincess
Wowsers....K first off, Timmy's post made super nostalgic!! But he totally put everything into perspective. I haven't gone to a Hulla in quite a while, but you can be damned sure that I will be there for the final adios!! And just now I realized that June 18th will fall right about at the end of my honeymoon - TWO excuses to party like I've never partied before.

It will be a sad and wonderful night all at the same time. My first party was a Hulla, and it changed my life in so many ways. I don't party much anymore, not nearly as much as I'd really like to. But I still cherish all the memories, friends made, and hugs shared.

Thanks Frolic!!!
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:35 PM   #68
[SQUARE]
Hullaboarder

Hulla was a big part of my life for several years. I met a lot of awesome people and had some great times. Hullas and parties have changed over the years but Chris needs some honourable mention for keeping hullas going for this long. Congrats and goodbye! I'll make sure to come out to one of the final hullas.
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:41 PM   #69
Sygma
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Sygma
Oh my god.. this is terrible news...

Chris, Robin and Gavin... I wish you all the best for a wonderful, long and happy life.

And thank you. You changed my life, as you did with so many others here. Every Hulla was an amazing expeirence, you have managed to bring happiness into the lives of thousands and thousands of people. What will we do with out you, it's like losing your best friend. The friend that always picked you up when you were down.

So just thank you. To you, and every other person who I ever met at Hulla, who spent the time to share a smile or a hug. Those hugs and smiles were some of the best gifts I ever recieved.

Hail ST. FROLIC

...let's make the last one the best one, one to remember forever...

-sygma
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:13 PM   #70
Weaver
Hullaboarder

I bet the name of the last party is going to be "Hardcore Will Never Die"
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:22 PM   #71
S2S
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
It is a very bittersweet moment as I announce that this will be Hullabaloo’s last season and we plan to cease event throwing on our 8th year anniversary, June 18, 2005.
Chris Frolic

ps: The final season of Hullabaloo begins on December 11th, let's see her off proper!

Can I take over?

You have a new baby. you need work.
make it as BIG as it was! you can do it! Have more confidence!
If you need help don't be affried to ask for it!
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:24 PM   #72
S2S
Hullaboarder

Can I take over???
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:27 PM   #73
S2S
Hullaboarder

50/50 split?
Two heads are better then one!

DREAM CHRIS!
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:43 PM   #74
Moez
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Moez
Quote:
Originally Posted by basic
I can see yuor point.

I would say that while music is important, it's not what makes Hullabaloo so much more special than anything that has come before it. What has set Hulla apart from other companies that have come and gone, is the community that has been built over the years. Hulla is more than just DJs spinning music. Anyone with some money and time could book the exact same DJ's that Hulla brings in. But without the community backing everything up, the whole experience that is Hullabaloo is completely different. Hullabaloo goes beyond what has happened in the confines of its many parties. So many people have forged lifelong friendships, whole groups of friends and had their life courses change. Without the online community, no matter which DJ's were brought in or which tracks would be played, Hullabaloo would have died along time ago Pretty much a collapse would have happened before the online only promotion of Hulla-FTWK. Tha is what makes that party so legendary to so many people, not a single flyer printed. If that party had fizzled, Hulla would have been over. But it didn't, and that was largely because of the message board. It completely reignited Hulla. Then move onto later Hullas, where a large number of people have come in from out of country. Without this influx of people from out of town, Hulla would be dead. Without the board, keeping the community tied together would be impossible and Hulla would have fizzled.

Thanks for building such a wonderful community that I and many others have benefited from for so long.

so well put Basic.

Hulla means so much to so many people and, though I am very sad to see the parties go, the memories and the people will live on.

see you in December...
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:04 PM   #75
April
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to April
Tear

I'll miss everyone