The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo! Archives
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 28th, 2004, 11:17 PM   #76
Xphox
Hullaboarder
Penguin Bashing Champion! High Score: 3235 

Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Xphox Send a message via MSN to Xphox
Reading over this thread, I've seen how much Hulla has touched so many lives... Time, and time again you have poured your heart and soul into your creation. Sure your parties are great... but that's not why I kept comming back.

I kept comming back because you loved not only the music, but also your fans!

Like many others you've changed my life!

Thank you.. thank you!
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:27 PM   #77
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
They should just call the final party Hullabaloo. Simple and summative.
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:34 PM   #78
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
ha, I really should have checked some dates before announcing this. While June 18th would have technically been in line with our birthday it doesn't work out for other factors so the very last Hulla will be on July 9th. Airlines don't let you book trips for 6 months so I don't think anyone would have bought a plane ticket yet .
Old September 29th, 2004, 12:05 AM   #79
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
2 days before my birthday...

oh man, so many good memories...
Old September 29th, 2004, 12:16 AM   #80
stargurl

Send a message via ICQ to stargurl
I've had some great times at Hulla parties over the last six years.

I've kind of grown away from everything over the past couple of years, but I'll try to come out of the woodwork for one last time (or two last times... or three.. etc).
Old September 29th, 2004, 12:22 AM   #81
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Frolic can I have your autograph? :P
Old September 29th, 2004, 01:11 AM   #82
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
july 9th works SO much better for me

thank god for unknown things helping the cosmos align

now i won't have to fedex myself

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old September 29th, 2004, 01:40 AM   #83
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

Wow.........wow........And the words "ONE MORE TIME!, ANABOLIC FROLIC!" come thru the headphones as the last track of 'This is Hullabaloo Vol. 2' spins down.............and I read about the horrible tragedy that has befallen our world. It wasn't another act of terrorism. Hullabaloo will forever leave this world.

Stepping into the world of Hullabaloo was a defining moment in my life. Going to a "Hulla" isnt just like going to another party. It's stepping into a whole new world. A world where the outside can never harm you. Where you are accepted. Where the vibe is still alive. Where what it means to be a raver has a life of it's own.

Love. Love of the music. Love of the scene. Love of the people. Love of the vibe. Love of the love. Love of just being alive. This is Hullabaloo.

But, like the statement we have all made at one point "hardcore will never die!", Hulla will also live on forever in us. We all carry that memory of that "one time at hulla" and we smile because of it. Hulla isnt an event thrown in toronto by this DJ named Anabolic Frolic. Hullabaloo was around long before that. It was created when, in our hearts, we knew that this music was what defined our life and we would forever love it for that.

Though I have only experienced this world known as Hulla for the better part of a year now, I can tell you that it has been the best part of my short life.

I wish nothing but love and hope for the Frolics.....and Foo too.
I hope they know how many hearts and lives they have touched and changed. We will always love you guys for what you have given us and will continue to impact the scene the best we can to keep life in what you have loved for so long.
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:11 AM   #84
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I don't even know where to begin. I sat here and read each and every single post. They all put a tear in my eye. It's amazing how everyone who has been to a hulla feels the exact same way. Hullabaloo is absolutely AMAZING and that's all there to it.

Big ups to Chris and Robin. Thank you for everything that you have done for me and everyone else who has ever attended a hullabaloo. Best of wishes to the both of you, and a special one to Gavin.

Thanks to everyone whom I have met. I can't believe how many memories and the amount of friends that I now have.

Mr. Okidam was right. We all need to pick up where Hulla is ending. I'm sure that we could all do it!! UNITY

Timah (Dynamic) said it best in his post

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Old September 29th, 2004, 03:03 AM   #85
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
wow... I first found out about this news this morning, and laughed, as i thought it was anything but the truth. Unfortunately, it wasnt, and I must have spent a good 10-15 minutes reading, and re-reading the news on the front page of the site.

I've had the better part of the day to think about it, and I'm still not completely done with my thoughts and feelings on all of this. But here it goes..

First and foremost, I want to thank Chris and Robin for what is over 4 solid years of hardcore memories for me. I never made it out to a Hulla until "Oh Crikey Wot A Scorcher", although I'd been partying for quite some time prior.. Let me say I was anything but disappointed. I knew this was something special. Although some limitations kept me from certain parties after that, I made it out as many times as I could.

Some of my best raving memories have come from Hullabaloo parties. I would love to share them all, but we really dont have the bandwidth for that so I'll keep it short and sweet I can remember hearing some of my favorite tracks, meeting some of my favorite Djs / MCs and experiencing the "vibe" everyone always talked about.

I was fortunate enought to have Hullabaloo book me for "Enchanted" and let me scratch off one of the biggest goals I had when I took up Djing a few years back. It was a night I will never forget, and anyone who saw me that night, knew that there wasnt a smile bigger than mine in the venue. Chris and Robin have always supported me and given me encouragement. For that alone, I owe them indefinately.

A big thanks also goes out to all of the other Hullabaloo staff that made my visits the best they could be:

Kristine (Moondancer) and the friendship crew - Kristine alone has been an inspiration to me since we first met. The friendship crew has always been out in full force giving out awsome things to all the people and putting smiles on everybodys faces as they walk through the front doors.

Jory (elixer) - for always coming up with some great flyers and giving me some great art on my wall in my old place. Ive still got some copies of each flyer stashed away in a binder to show the grandkids one day

Although I am sad to see this wonderful journey come to an end, I can only support Hullabloo's descision and wish Chris, Robin and Gavin only the best. It's been one hell of a ride. You've taken me to some of the highest highs in my partying days, and I could not think of a better way to wrap this jouney up than on a high note as it is right now.

I'll see you all in December, February, April, and of course, July. I wouldnt miss it for the world.

Much love and many hugs,
-Paul / Tranzit

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:54 AM   #86
KAndiLicioUS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to KAndiLicioUS Send a message via MSN to KAndiLicioUS
Awww this is very sad to hear, but yeah as alot of people have said......good things do come to an end!
I have sadly never been to a Hullabaloo event because im all the way in Australia so the closest to Hullabaloo I have got to is the wonderful cd packs I bought from the Hulla store, hearing the music, crowd, MC just sounds absolutely amazing!! And something to get my butt out of Australia and attend!!! So hopefully if I start organising things asap I will come all the way to Canada and attend the last Hullabaloo!! Fingerscrossed!!

Congratulations on everything, by reading all the posts....you have touched alot of people and that is truely awesome! Im not sure what else to say but Congratulations, Goodluck and Thankyou!!!

Lots of love from down under!!!
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:55 AM   #87
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Holy feck!

I'll go to the last hulla. And I'll even pay this time

No april fools this time eh?
- Thom Yorke
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:30 AM   #88
monstercan-D
Hullaboarder

Unhappy

Looks like I'll have to pull out the candy one last time.

Haven't been to a Hulla since the six-year, but I'll definitely be at the last one.
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:30 AM   #89
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
YaY!!!! I Can go! I was already committed to going to Om on June 18th. July 9th here we come!

I like Basic's idea. It would be cool if the last party was called just Hullabaloo.
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #90
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
Quote:
Your first Hullabaloo;
The first time someone gave you a whistle;
That feeling when you first walked into the door and the sound washed over you;
The first time someone said "Happy Hullabaloo" and gave you a hug;
When the headliner played an unreleased remix of your favourite track;
When Frisky closed the night with "Children of the Night";
When they cut the music and you could hear 800 ravers singing along to "Shooting Star";
Standing in the lineup with kids from 13 states and three countries all standing next to you;
The first time you got absolutely smashed at a Hullabaloo;
When you talked in the washroom for three hours;
Those f'ng stairs;
When Michael Jatas came to Hulla to flier;
When you drank for 2 hours with that guy at the bar, and only stopped when he said "hang on, I have to go spin now";
When you got home from a Hulla and had 56 pieces of paper and everyone had an email or PR name on it;
Standing outside at 6 AM on a Sunday morning shouting "Let’s go to Cherry Beach!" and everyone actually does;
The first time you got a CD, and one for your friend, too;
Partying right through the SARS scare;
Partying right through the blackout;
Bumping into someone and having them apologize;
Dancing;
Singing;
Loving;
Raving.

Happy Hullabaloo.

This made me tingle

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S
Can I take over?

You have a new baby. you need work.
make it as BIG as it was! you can do it! Have more confidence!
If you need help don't be affried to ask for it!

No dude.. Noone ccan make it like the frolic. It just wouldn't be the same.

Purerave: Acorn143
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #91
butrfly_god_s
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to butrfly_god_s
^^ Dude! How could you have possibly even considered missing the last Hullabaloo?!! I would have kidnapped you and the Mrs. you do realize. Just keep that in mind for future reference when you have moments of insanity like this
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:37 AM   #92
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Sweet - It doesn't clash with OM, which many of my friends wanted to go to as well.

Man, I'm so curious as to the venue. Seems like everyone and thei grandma is planning on going.
Old September 29th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #93
funshine
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to funshine Send a message via AIM to funshine
thats a damn shame, but its understandable.

nothing lasts forever.. i was starting to think that hullabaloo might.

but really, my first party (or at least the first party that i had an AMAZING time at) was a hullabaloo, back in april 98.. and i dont party anymore... i havent really been to an event since the beginning of the summer.. so hulla outlasted me as a raver.. there's something to be said for that.. it probably outlasted many of us.

i had some of the best nights of my life at hullabaloo events. it sounds cheesy, it may sound disgusting to some, but i'll admit it. those parties really did help restore my faith in humanity, and i met many of my closest friends through the happy hardcore party scene, which hullabaloo has always been a big part of.

congratulations to you, Chris, for what you've done.. truly a spectacular achievement!

i wish i could make it to one of your remaining parties, but it doesn't look like it.

i probably won't be back in the western world till at the earliest, september 2005.
Old September 29th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #94
kikster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kikster Send a message via MSN to kikster
Have the dates been announced for all the Hullas between now and the end? I want to reserve those weekends well in advance -- missing a Hulla isn't an option.
Old September 29th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #95
orbz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to orbz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
Frolic can I have your autograph? :P

Order a CD pack...

"As before, we can have Anabolic Frolic sign your pack before it ships out. Just make a comment on the checkout page of your order."
Old September 29th, 2004, 12:59 PM   #96
dj_Akaiya
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to dj_Akaiya Send a message via MSN to dj_Akaiya Send a message via Yahoo to dj_Akaiya
Funtopia 3 was my first party, and since then Hulla's been such a huge part of my life. My friends and I were discussing all this when we first heard that Hulla was coming to an end, and upon thinking about it we realized that your first, last, all, or at least ONE of the Hulla's you attended is so ingrained in your memory it's right in line with things like your graduation, your first kiss, or your first love... actually, come to think of it, I met my first love AT Hullabaloo Some of my greatest memories are at Hulla and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of people on this board, so although Hulla's gone, it will most definitely not be forgotten.

Now, I wanna say thank you, but I can't figure out where to start so I'll just say thanks to everyone ever involved! Be you promoter, dj, party go-er, one of the many hulla crews, decorators, flyer kids... the list could really go on forever!
But especially thanks to Chris for giving the bedroom dj's a place to dream about. I don't know many hhc hopefulls who haven't said "when I get good enough, I'm gonna be on stage at hulla"
Congrats to you and Robin once again, and good luck with the family
Old September 29th, 2004, 01:48 PM   #97
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everybodies_Daddy

All good things...

I hate to see it go, but as mike said; "all good things..."

hell of a run.
I just wish I made it to the last few (like I said I was)

Old September 29th, 2004, 01:51 PM   #98
Race 2 Da Beat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Race 2 Da Beat
Its still pretty hard to believe that something like this is happening. But we all knew it had to end one day.

The rave is over folks... go home...

Kelly
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:04 PM   #99
Captain Cheddar
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Captain Cheddar Send a message via AIM to Captain Cheddar Send a message via MSN to Captain Cheddar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointy_sticks
I can't say this was unexpected, but I can say that I will mourn the end of a most excellent era. June 18th will be the saddest party ever, people are gonna be crying all night.

(and seriously... what will happen to the boards?)

I was thinking the same thing. June 18th will have lots of tears...

And yea, what she said about the boards...will they still be here?
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:20 PM   #100
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid
^^pfft, what a mooch.... I could really care less what happens to the board once hulla is gone, I mean really whats the point without the music.
i think you're missing one of the great points about hulla...it was the music that brought us together, but we've built a community. how can you deny that?
it does make me sad to see hulla go....but i am so grateful for my roommate bringing me to one on my 21st, meeting one of my best guy friends there (object), getting hulla-engaged to itsgigglegirl, watching my jeffmilo fulfill one of his dreams of spinning on the hullastage...among a million other amazing moments.
and yes..i will be one of those losers singing along with tears streaming down my face
<3

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk