The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo! Archives
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 30th, 2004, 01:02 AM   #126
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flutter_BYE
BAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

i LOVE it !

everyone should sport the white shirt and a tie! AND big fun fur pants

that's it fiona! you and me making the pants.... never mind i already have 'em
Old September 30th, 2004, 01:06 AM   #127
Lil' Juggalo
Hullaboarder
BlackJack Champion! High Score: 4800 

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy1
What once was lost will be found again

I really hope so!!!!!!!
Old September 30th, 2004, 01:20 AM   #128
dagapman
Hullaboarder

I thought I would hullabaloo my way through university. It's my first year.
Pfft. Good luck to that happening.

Everyone has to promise me not to let the hardcore scene die.

*Pinky Swear*
Old September 30th, 2004, 04:49 AM   #129
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Not that any of you care but like every retired raver who went to hullas back when it started are planning to go. The last hulla is going to be effing incredible.

http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/...25&pagenumber=1

And can we somehow get Charlie B to emcee again. That guy was too awesome *grin* And Vinylgroover... but not if hes still playing UK Hardhouse.
- Thom Yorke

Last edited by Saffron : September 30th, 2004 at 04:52 AM.
Old September 30th, 2004, 05:59 AM   #130
DaveUK1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DaveUK1
Everything has an end. Tis just some things you really don’t want to end! Hullabaloo and all the groovyness has touched so many lives around the whole world! Not many events/people can say that!!

Thanks Chris, Tommy, Robin and all the others who have put so much hard work into producing it

Let’s make these four hulas the ones to remember! The ones that will stay with us forever!!
Old September 30th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #131
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
i will do the white shirt and tie thing most definitely that would be soo sick yay yay yay
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #132
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
i can picture ravers around the world anxiously waiting the moment the final tickets go on sale

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:39 PM   #133
grincoregenetix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to grincoregenetix
damn.... i can't believe it.... i haven't been on here for a year... went to every hulla last year until december and when i missed that one i went on a drought and missed every one this year...

only to find out there's four left. today is a very sad day. frolic and robin i wish you guys luck and thank you for the wonderful experience which is completely unlike anything i've ever experienced in my life.

still, everytime i missed a hulla i always said, "well, there's always next hulla." the sadness of knowing that after july i can no longer say that is beyond words. i will truly miss the experience of driving to toronto for just a weekend to meet people you actually feel like you belong with.

i am happy i got to experience the magic that is hullabaloo. i am happy for frolic and robin's success, it proves that if you want something bad enough you CAN achieve it if you push hard enough. but at the same time i can't help but be sad about it.

i will NOT miss these last four parties. not for anything in the world.
Old September 30th, 2004, 01:59 PM   #134
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointy_sticks
Not as badly as they're gonna lose it when Frolic stops his set, gives a heartfelt speech, and then plays Heart of Gold as his last track for the last time.

You know that's how it's gonna happen.

I just got chills thinking about it

I just hope it isn't @ the opear house
people will be rammed like 6 deep

Last edited by HEATER : September 30th, 2004 at 02:01 PM.
Old September 30th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #135
monstercan-D
Hullaboarder

There's no way they can squeeze this into the Opera House. Better be someplace huge, but not the Docks (obviously)
Old September 30th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #136
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

i was very sad to hear this news, but i'm glad to see hullabaloo go out while there's still tons of hype around its events. like a lot of the people in this thread, i made a lot of very good friends - some of my best friends, actually - through hullabaloo and the hulla message board.

i've certainly seen hulla go through some unbelievable ups and some unbelievable downs these past few years. through it all, i have always had the utmost respect for everyone associated with hulla and i am proud to have been able to help you guys out in my own small way whenever possible.

maybe i'll have a pre-party at my place before the last one.

thanks for everything, chris and robin.

love and respect,

Will
Old September 30th, 2004, 06:56 PM   #137
Dug
Hullaboarder

Oh man.... memories....

I went to Hulla years ago....... If it wasn't for Chris throwing these parties I never would have become a promoter/DJ.... Now I'm in BC and I just heard this news...

I'll try and make it out, I've got enough advance notice I'll try and make it happen

-Dug
mexcellent@gmail.com
Old September 30th, 2004, 07:52 PM   #138
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
after some convincing, i think keron is going to be sporting the candy

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old September 30th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #139
dj_Akaiya
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to dj_Akaiya Send a message via MSN to dj_Akaiya Send a message via Yahoo to dj_Akaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
...like every retired raver who went to hullas back when it started are planning to go. The last hulla is going to be effing incredible...

I've already pulled a few friends out of the woodworks, they're hyped for the last party and it's this year's not even over.

As for the white shirt, tie and phat pants, although there's bound to be more than the average amount wearing such an outfit, I'm definitely dressing the oldskool part. *sigh* Memories...
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:14 PM   #140
RaveOtaku
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to RaveOtaku
well being fairly new to the scene i cant say im gonna bust out the oldskool look... but ive designed a pair of one-night-only pants just for the final Hulla... they'll propably cost a pretty penny to make... but it'll be worth it. Im not giving any spoilers but you'll know them when you see them.
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:58 PM   #141
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychick
Dude, there are still 4 more :P

Even I'm gonna go to the next ones. Come with me :P

nono, like the last few that simon and i have tried to get to, but have ended up drunk off our faces playing diablo 2 at home ;p

we should get Aaron to kick ben in the junk and get him out
ps deal!
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:17 AM   #142
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klubmasta Will
imaybe i'll have a pre-party at my place before the last one.

Hey Will if you do have a pre party can you leave a stapler on the coffee table for old times sake
Old October 1st, 2004, 12:40 PM   #143
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
Hey Will if you do have a pre party can you leave a stapler on the coffee table for old times sake

If you threw it at his current TV, I think he'd go postal on you this time.
Old October 1st, 2004, 01:13 PM   #144
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedJat
While there are other parties that started this whole rave thing, and while there are still good parties that will occur, Hulla defines the whole scene. People that started raving in the mid 90's that do not do it any more, still remember hulla's. When I told one of my friends that a hulla is just a party, she told me: "No, it's more than just that!" . And it is. It seems that in the past few years it has somewhat lost its luster, it's still something that has defined the Toronto rave scene and many people know about it. How many times have you heard anyone say that they came all the way from south US or UK to attend a rave? But you definitely heard that for a hulla party.
So I congratulate the whole hulla crew on making this thing a memorable event that many people will remember as a good part in their youth, and I will definitely plan on getting there for the last one.

There's no reason people can't come from other places for other parties. They just don't. If they do, instead of sitting around going "hey, we'd be at hulla right now, that sure sucks" then i don't see any reason that those parties won't be just as good or better. That's what Ima sayin'. It seems like the only thing that really matters that's being lost is the name recognition of Hulla... there might be a party just as good as Mardi Gras, but if no one's heard of it no one's gonna show up.

If you really care about what you think you're losing here, keep showing up so that you don't!

Hulla ending can either have a devestatingly big impact, or it can have no impact, and that's gonna be up to each and every one of us because WE'RE THE IMPACT that every Hulla has every time it touches down. Maybe I sound like I'm denying that this matters - I'm not trying to ignore it. I'm trying to have the positive attitude about it that we're going to have to have if we want to keep things going strong.

If you've never been to a Goodfellaz party, try to check out NYE (I know, if you're not from Toronto, that's kind of a big date to expect you out for...) 'cause I promise that night is gonna go really really nicely.
You just might like it. You just might really like it.

Wait, if you ARE from Toronto, you ought to be at BE2EO next weekend. Though probably you already will be.

Last edited by orbz : October 1st, 2004 at 01:17 PM.
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:02 PM   #145
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointy_sticks
Not as badly as they're gonna lose it when Frolic stops his set, gives a heartfelt speech, and then plays Heart of Gold as his last track for the last time.

You know that's how it's gonna happen.

Or "Set You Free"
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:10 PM   #146
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbie
nono, like the last few that simon and i have tried to get to, but have ended up drunk off our faces playing diablo 2 at home ;p

we should get Aaron to kick ben in the junk and get him out
ps deal!

I have contacted Aaron re: this matter, and we'll just have to wait and see how that works out

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going tie-shopping

I beat the internet....the end guy was hard

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars
Old October 1st, 2004, 05:59 PM   #147
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
orbz, I don't think anyone is saying that raving/electronic/hardcore music is now dead because Hulla is gone.

We're just paying respects to a company that did a lot for the scene in the 8 years it was in existence.
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:16 PM   #148
SpeedJat
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbz
There's no reason people can't come from other places for other parties. They just don't. If they do, instead of sitting around going "hey, we'd be at hulla right now, that sure sucks" then i don't see any reason that those parties won't be just as good or better. That's what Ima sayin'. It seems like the only thing that really matters that's being lost is the name recognition of Hulla... there might be a party just as good as Mardi Gras, but if no one's heard of it no one's gonna show up.

If you really care about what you think you're losing here, keep showing up so that you don't!

Hulla ending can either have a devestatingly big impact, or it can have no impact, and that's gonna be up to each and every one of us because WE'RE THE IMPACT that every Hulla has every time it touches down. Maybe I sound like I'm denying that this matters - I'm not trying to ignore it. I'm trying to have the positive attitude about it that we're going to have to have if we want to keep things going strong.

If you've never been to a Goodfellaz party, try to check out NYE (I know, if you're not from Toronto, that's kind of a big date to expect you out for...) 'cause I promise that night is gonna go really really nicely.
You just might like it. You just might really like it.

Wait, if you ARE from Toronto, you ought to be at BE2EO next weekend. Though probably you already will be.

I don't disagree that there are still promoters that can create parties and atmosphere of the hullas gone by. I am going to try my best to make it to BE2EO next week. But hullas have left a legacy on the whole scene. I just found this article, http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Rave_party , on what a rave is and if you read the whole thing you will understand my point.
In the meantime lets enjoy the remaining hullas in the spirit that they were created in and maybe some other promoters will create the same expression and music outlet for future generations.

Last edited by SpeedJat : October 1st, 2004 at 06:23 PM.
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:23 PM   #149
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid
Or "Set You Free"

But Heart of Gold is the official Hulla anthem.
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:46 PM   #150
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
You got me there... hearing it at Funtopia during his set was sweeeeet