Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 27th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #26
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMbLeBuMbLe
I'm an elementry/special education major and under "No Child Left Behind Act" schools are required to give the Armed serivices every 12 grade student's GPA, SAT scores, home address/phone number..This is bullshit and most teachers are against it...Schools r given money in exchange...isn't this a great system?

Actually, at my high school (Lakewood, CO) we got a form we can hand in saying that our school doesn't have permission to give away our information. I was pretty happy. I want to go to college so I'm not really afraid of a draft or anything, but I don't like having my rights infringed.
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:25 PM   #27
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
^^^ if all of us were to run away we would be condeming those who decided to stay... as an old philosopher once said... (im paraphrasing) that we need to fight against the compact majority. "compact" meaning closed minded.

Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.
-Closer.
evangelos_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:26 PM   #28
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
^^^ running away would be the "cowardly" thing to do... and it would be what they (the republicans) want. It is my goal to always do the exact OPPOSITE of what they want.
evangelos_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2004, 09:51 PM   #29
pointy_sticks
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pointy_sticks Send a message via AIM to pointy_sticks Send a message via Yahoo to pointy_sticks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyce
Actually, at my high school (Lakewood, CO) we got a form we can hand in saying that our school doesn't have permission to give away our information. I was pretty happy. I want to go to college so I'm not really afraid of a draft or anything, but I don't like having my rights infringed.

What school do you go to?

I went to grade school in Lakewood.
Old December 14th, 2004, 10:41 PM   #30
Happy2bTrendy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Happy2bTrendy
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to college in Canada... I hope it's not too costly to go out of country, because i pray I can go to school somehwere there, preferably toronto... I want to so much!
Happy2bTrendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 12:48 AM   #31
happy1
Hullaboarder

Camericans!
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 08:40 AM   #32
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2bTrendy
I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to go to college in Canada... I hope it's not too costly to go out of country, because i pray I can go to school somehwere there, preferably toronto... I want to so much!

Up here University and College are different things so watch out!! You can (in general) only get degrees from universities, though there are more and more colleges now that seem to be getting degree programs. Depending on what you wanna get into I could help you pick some places to apply for if you wanted.
Old December 20th, 2004, 01:17 AM   #33
K Ho7e
Hullaboarder

i want 2 move 2 toronto
K Ho7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2004, 01:35 AM   #34
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
all that stuff about changing the government and all of that is a great idea, but i believe its a little unrealistic, right now we have a republican government. the checks are unbalanced and in the next four years a lot of shitty things are going to happen. I've already had enough happen to me with all of this stupid stuff. I don't feel like dealing with it anymore. The U.S. is pretty much a joke to every other country. Europe thinks we're a joke, and i'm sure canada does as well, and i've felt that way for a while now. We are about as far right as you can go right now, without you know bombing other countries churches and stuff(as long as you ignore like abortion clinic bombings, racial crimes, and crimes against gays, police brutality and all that stuff, but it really doesn't count because we're america, oh yeah and don't forget about iraq, india, pakistan, north korea, and afghanistan) So yeah, we're gonna finish up college in the states, see what kinda stuff transfers to canada, then once we have a little cash money cushion, Me, my girlfriend(by that time probably wife) and my two children are moving to canada where i won't really have to worry about all that shit. Unless canada is just as bad in which case i'm gonna dig a really really big hole and live in there.

sorry had to vent a bit.
-leash

http://djleash.tripod.com
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote