User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old January 26th, 2005, 10:06 PM   #26
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^^ you must know a lot of messed up people..because i know TONS of sober ravers..
Old January 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM   #27
Phlux
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Phlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telkhin
Very true i do say alot of things that don't makes sense. Unless u want to sit down and let me explain it for like an hour. But hey we all have our quirks and thats one of mine.
NO!! i don't do drugs at all. In case u were wondering....phlux. I said to build it underground for one reason, better sound proofing. And it won't bother others. Besides who the hell would ever think of building a venue under the ground....besides me...As for the cost 10,000-20,000 in cash could easily.. U simply have to know where to put that money to turn huge profits, overnight. which is very possible. But hey remember it was only a suggestion.

But why not come up with more practical suggestions? Turning $20,000 into a few million dollars overnight is not practical, If it was, everybody would be rich, nor is building a massive underground structure.

If you're thinking about soundproofing, why not throw an outdoor party on a farm or in a forest that has natural soundproofing, during the summer of course. You're in Minnesota? I'm sure there is lots of both where you are.

As for the drugs, as somebody already pointed out, people do drugs everywhere and all the laws and prohibitions against them will do little to curtail their use. This has been proven time and time again. People have been looking for ways to alter their conscienceness since the beggining of time. Harm reduction is a much more effective way of dealing with drug use. Kicking them out of the party as you suggest will only send them out on the street, high and disoriented ,where they could potentially be at risk to themselves or others around them.
Phlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:37 PM   #28
evangelos_gq
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
^^^ you must know a lot of messed up people..because i know TONS of sober ravers..

Im a sober raver... you can add me to your list!

Depressives don't. They want to be unhappy to confirm they're depressed. If they were happy they couldn't be depressed anymore. They'd have to go out into the world and live. Which can be depressing.
-Closer.
evangelos_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #29
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB

Hey, they don't say you're messed up because you don't do ecstasy, or smoke pot or whatever. They're all great people, and I love them to death, and they are my one and only crew so close to my heart. Just because they're different than you doesn't make them fucked up.
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #30
Glyce
Hullaboarder

And thank you Evan, I will ^__^.
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:08 AM   #31
Telkhin
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to Telkhin Send a message via MSN to Telkhin
hmmmmmm...where to start>>>First off i have thought about buying a forest and throwing a rave in it. That was until i wnet to Blueshift, it was a nice rave. But when i left on noon the last day. The place looked like a trash dump. So i figured screw that idea of throwing a rave in a forest. Second it is very easy to take 20,000 and make a million over night. The question is r u gonna believe its possible to do it the way they say. Liek this for example who would ever think u could buy a $4000 diamond for $5 a piece. Well you can nowadays since the collapse of the russina cartel. But whats funny is most of you willl be sitting there goin yeah right thats BS. And thatss exaclty why the rich are rich because they think oh hell yeah i'm gonna buy me some of those. Thats my 2 cents for today. See ya
Telkhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:18 AM   #32
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
first, so are you rich???
and second
I'm a sober raver!
well i drink but hey that's not drugs so i guess that counts...?
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:49 AM   #33
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
so we gotta go to russia now?!?
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #34
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
hahahah......ahahahahaha....haha
an underground venue...you're probly not the first one to think of it, but you certainly are adamant about it! i still think a rave on an airforce base in the middle of the ocean would also totally rock. there's been forest raves as well.
as far as finding the funds to build this utopia...if it was easy to find 20,000 buckeroos...then damn, what am i doing breaking my back to pay back my college loans? i suppose you could build it that cheaply if you had a B.Y.O.S. (bring your own shovel) party...but that would be a bitch to dig out
and glyce...it does say something about your scene if you don't know ANY sober ravers. not saying that they aren't awesome people...but sober ravers will change your life (well the ones i know are pretty amazing). it is interesting that you don't know ANY. i would love to introduce you to some

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM   #35
Glyce
Hullaboarder

It may, except that I don't know too many ravers anyway. There're about 10 kids that I really know. Then Evan makes 11.
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:09 PM   #36
Phlux
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Phlux
Quote:
hmmmmmm...where to start>>>First off i have thought about buying a forest and throwing a rave in it. That was until i wnet to Blueshift, it was a nice rave. But when i left on noon the last day. The place looked like a trash dump. So i figured screw that idea of throwing a rave in a forest. Second it is very easy to take 20,000 and make a million over night. The question is r u gonna believe its possible to do it the way they say. Liek this for example who would ever think u could buy a $4000 diamond for $5 a piece. Well you can nowadays since the collapse of the russina cartel. But whats funny is most of you willl be sitting there goin yeah right thats BS. And thatss exaclty why the rich are rich because they think oh hell yeah i'm gonna buy me some of those. Thats my 2 cents for today. See ya

So you are going to buy diamond's for $5 a piece? Then sell them overnight for $4000 a piece? Hmmmmm.. Ok, well, let me know how that works out for you.
Phlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 01:06 AM   #37
Telkhin
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to Telkhin Send a message via MSN to Telkhin
i will let you know how that goes for me...How ever another question has arisen in my brain. That question is can someone explain to me PLUR, besides that its peace love unity respect...I just want to get better grasp on what it means to everyone!!!

Thanks
Dre
Telkhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 04:13 AM   #38
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

peace - be at peace with your surroundings, don't be harsh!
love - love thy neighbor (stupid biblical ref. but oh well) spread love, create good vibes and send them out for other's to catch.
unity - make the people around you like a community and add something for the better good of those around you.
respect - respect those around you, you have to respect the promotors and their wishes, the dj's the mcs and the venue.
---
us here add another r for...
responsibility - you have a responsibility to yourself, be smart and party safe. Its different for everyone. I'm responsible for my friends who i'm takin on this crazy trip.
I have to be responsible, for my children. As fun is partying is i have to remain an adult and in control.
i know that's sounds lame and gooberish but
wtf!
Old February 2nd, 2005, 01:38 AM   #39
4real
Hullaboarder

[QUOTE=DJLeash] you have to respect the promotors and their wishes, the dj's the mcs and the venue.
---

To a certain degree of course and accordingly!
4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:37 AM   #40
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

well true...
Old February 16th, 2005, 08:22 AM   #41
pixy lee
Hullaboarder

Quote:
hmmmmmm...where to start>>>First off i have thought about buying a forest and throwing a rave in it. That was until i wnet to Blueshift, it was a nice rave. But when i left on noon the last day. The place looked like a trash dump. So i figured screw that idea of throwing a rave in a forest.

the only reason stuff like that happens is because the people attending such events aren't respecting each other, or our 'host,' aka Mother Earth.
Ever hear of the phrase LEAVE NO TRACE? there are festivals out there that hold such a notion very highly indeed...
Question: when you see a piece of garbage on the ground, something you didn't put there, do you pick it up and dispose of it properly, or do you just walk on by? It's easy to walk on by, but it's all about leading by example.
otherwise, how is anything ever going to change? Educate yourselves and one another, and try to be a good role model to others. People usually pick up on that sort of vyyb, and it's often contagious. To recap: (a la DJ Leash)

peace - be at peace with your surroundings, don't be harsh!
love - love thy neighbor (stupid biblical ref. but oh well) spread love, create good vibes and send them out for other's to catch.
unity - make the people around you like a community and add something for the better good of those around you.
respect - respect those around you, you have to respect the promotors and their wishes, the dj's the mcs and the venue.
---
us here add another r for...
responsibility - you have a responsibility to yourself, be smart and party safe.

much luv,
*pixy*
pixy lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 11:53 AM   #42
Hoppapotamus
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Hoppapotamus
I must say.. i was quite impressed with the drug use in Toronto... In Florida, by 3 AM everyones on the floor rubbing each other, making out, having sex.. really.. i dont know if this happens everywhere, but it happens all the time here. You dont go to a party, just to go to a party like you used to. The only reason to go down here is to see a DJ/Live performance. The drugs have gotten that bad down here. In Toronto.. while yes there was still drugs, i didnt see anyone so fucked up they couldnt move, or any sexin going on. People there, seemed to have a lot more control... Anyone else from the states notice that?
Old July 29th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #43
Hoppapotamus
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Hoppapotamus
[QUOTE/] As for drugs, I don't know a single raver (in person/off the boards) who doesn't do drugs. [/QUOTE]

I do..
Hoppapotamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #44
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
yeah, i know a lot of people who don't do, or have never done drugs.. not even pot or alcohol...

you're right though, hop... in toronto, as compared to the states, there is a lot more control. I have seen kids REALLY fucked up though, and people sexing... but its a lot less prevailant north of the boarder... they seem to be much more responsible..
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #45
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
most the people in the Philly scene seem to just get drunk at parties, not a ton of drug use. I do know a couple meth addicts and a handfull of rollers, but not a lot. I've never seen it get out of control or anyone hospitalized or anything.
the architech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 01:59 PM   #46
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
1. If making a million dollars and building an underground venue is so easy, go ahead and do it. You'll have no shortage of promoters asking to rent it. As long as the price is reasonable.

2. I'd be supremely impressed if you could outfit one room with sound alone for under $40 000... then you still have to light the place.

3. I know tons of folks who don't do drugs, and have been partying for years.

4. Raves & drugs are codependant. The answer isn't abolition, it's responsability. Even the Toronto Police realize that, and target the dealers, not the users. If you feel you must dose, do it in an educated & responsible manner. Duh.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Everybodies_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 04:34 PM   #47
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
^^^ he's totally right...

i saw this crazy spin off of rave culture gone horribly wrong in the SW USA
it was a group of religious folks, throwing SOBER raves...
now this at 1st sounds totally ok... then you find out that they are christian coalition advocates and they are throwing SOcalled rave parties...

however the music they were playing was like disco gospel hillbilly house...

scary stuff... and the outfits were even more amazing...
i will do my best to find some pics... and post them soon...

but yeah... drugs and raves... codependent...

however... i think that a giant rave venue really wouldn't work out all that well... it would have to be located close to many highly populated regions in order to be utilized...
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 10:14 PM   #48
ThaLastX-hile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ThaLastX-hile Send a message via Yahoo to ThaLastX-hile
just my 2 cents on the issue, i know alot of ppl are about getting rid of drugs at parties....now repeat that line get rid of drugs at parties, that is sorta like telling people to take alcohol off the shelf at a bar or something, i mean why do ppl go to a bar to relax and throw a couple back and interact, people go to parties to interact, throw something back and try to enjoy there evening(keep in mind responsbility)

as for this venue sounds like a great idea for sure tho, the price is the question ?
Old July 29th, 2005, 11:07 PM   #49
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
i am afraid i have to disagree with you bud, i don't thnk people go to parites to *throw something back* i don't do drugs, (anymore) and i enjoy the party's so much more now...not putting those down that do drugs to each his own i don't judge, but not all people go to do them, but we all do go for a good time
Old July 30th, 2005, 01:04 AM   #50
ThaLastX-hile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ThaLastX-hile Send a message via Yahoo to ThaLastX-hile
yes, yes ill agree with ya ---^ i didnt make a point that not every goes for those reasons your right no doubt.
ThaLastX-hile is offline   Reply With Quote