The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Pacific Sun
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 6th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #1
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Talking so how was it???

Okay...so it's about 11:30 east coast time, which means it's the middle of d-minus' set...and since i can't be there, i'm listening to my anthems cd and raving in my mind hope you're all having fun!

how was it???? i needs to know!!!

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #2
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
i am sooooooo sad, and jealous. I am not there either. I am pretending also. But because i have never been to one its just not good enough!
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:42 AM   #3
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Yes how was it? It's almost Midnight now. Just one more hour till Sharkey. Hulla needs a live web brodcast
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:17 AM   #4
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Frolic's on now *wonders what she's missing*
Old February 6th, 2005, 05:10 AM   #5
Mike and Phil
Hullaboarder

It was fucking safe. Capital j blew my mind. SAme with fuckin sharkey.
Old February 6th, 2005, 09:19 AM   #6
orbz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to orbz
sharkey was good

too bad he had to follow capital j

i love how j can just decide to rip a place apart and then just do it

gobstoppa's track selection was pretty awesome and scoots played a set that might not've been my favourite tracks but was very enjoyable nonetheless and the crowd definitely liked it. ok ok and i liked it too hehe

i cant believe i left halfway through
never done that with a hulla
it is haaard to tear yourself away

and i lost shmee for like 45 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much to holly for returning him that was a horrible nightmare
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:00 AM   #7
perry461
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
It was flocking amazing!
Old February 6th, 2005, 11:16 AM   #8
RaverJilly
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to RaverJilly
I'm waiting for the reviews as well. I was planing on going, but last minute I had to sell my ticket but I was too sick to go REVIEW FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOL...

"You're the one for me!"

You make me wanna HulLA LA in the kitchen on the floor..

.··..··.
`·.,.·
Old February 6th, 2005, 11:38 AM   #9
Heenan
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Heenan Send a message via AIM to Heenan Send a message via MSN to Heenan Send a message via Yahoo to Heenan
amazing night !
i have 150 pictures/videos ill throw them on a server soon and post the link
Old February 6th, 2005, 11:59 AM   #10
perry461
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to perry461 Send a message via AIM to perry461 Send a message via Yahoo to perry461
Taken From my PR journal.

Okay here we go. Got there and heard most of Gobstoppa's set. It was awesome. Eye Opener, Boomstick and Gabber Over Tetris got the crowd pumping. I was up front the whole time rocking out with Stacey. Went upstairs during Scoots' set and for whatever reason, started drinking. I was only planning on having 1 drink...but before I knew it, I was pissed loaded. Hanging out with Joey, Karen, AC Slater, Shane, Timmy, Stacey and Jeff and others that I can't remember, while intoximacated is quite fun. I started MCing with Rukkus upstairs to da Jungle beatz and just like at Tag...it was quite a different sound. By Sharkeys set...I was still hammered, but by the end of it, I was pretty much sober...I'm such a cheap drunk...too bad I can't stay drunk for more than a couple hours, and it was too expensive to stay drunk. Its sad really....I only had 4 Mikes and a shot of Jager (Timmy you're such a bad influence on me) and I was done like dinner. Later on, saw Paul, who was also wasterized, and when he jumped on me, his shoulder hit my jaw and I bit my tongue...hard....it was bleeding pretty bad for a good 15-20 mins. Theres still a bit of a chunk missing. Anywho...went up on stage and started talking to a few people, Kwik, Frolic, Sharkey and Chrisky, as well as Milo, Bart and Melody. I started to get tired at about 4, so I sat around and kept the dancing to a minimum. I was a little depressed, due to something that happened earlier in the night...but it was sorted out (mostly) and everything is (mostly) okay now. Thanks bunches to Andrea for cheering me up. I left at about 5:00 and went and crashed in the car. Rita came to the car when the party ended and we drove home. Listened to M.I.L.F.core on the way home. Simply put, an AMAZING mix by the DJ Tranzit and some excellent verses by MC Everybodies Daddy. All in all, great party. Too bad they're coming to an end. I really would have liked to MC at one...but its too late for that...oh well...live and let die. Whether that actually makes any sense....I dunno....I'm tired....leave me alone.
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:23 PM   #11
tranceaholic144
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to tranceaholic144
^^ How was subsonic's set?
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:44 PM   #12
meisemily
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
dude well besides like sharkey kicking ass, capital j spun some jungle mix of 4am so like that was hot. i loved it actually. and... frolic spun chemical love which also made my night.

all in all a good time. there is more to be said but i'll let others say it.
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #13
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
So.good

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old February 6th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #14
perry461
Hullaboarder

^^Subsonic Chronic rocked.
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #15
orbz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to orbz
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisemily
dude well besides like sharkey kicking ass, capital j spun some jungle mix of 4am so like that was hot. i loved it actually. and... frolic spun chemical love which also made my night.

all in all a good time. there is more to be said but i'll let others say it.

that 4 am track has been stuck in my head ever since
i need that so bad

and yeah i love chemical love too
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #16
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Orb i left half way through as well do to multiple reasons, one (the main one) being i had to work at 6am that morning and i was so fucking tired, so i left during sharkeys set, i just couldn't move anymore. D-minus I think had the best set while i was there, so much old classic anthems... i just LOVED it! Keron would have been proud.
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #17
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
I think it was an ok party...

I left my glassess at home, I was so blind, sorry to anybody I knocked over while dancing, it was even hard buying drinks cause I couldn't tell a $10 from a $20 and whatnot... I'll bring my glasses next time

I really enjoyed Silver1's set, simply the best, him playing "The Chase" got me really hyped so much and he also dropped "Get Into Love" that was cool...

Frolic I believe played "Get Hyped", so that was pretty cool.

I didn't really get into Sharkey's set but its not really my style so thats ok, also the bathroom was really dirty, and to 2 particular mcs: I saw that, did u think it was funny?

I enjoyed myself and it was cool seeing some of guys on the board
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #18
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisemily
capital j spun some jungle mix of 4am so like that was hot.

wasn't that just the original track?
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:42 PM   #19
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Hmmm.
i felt old.
the music was "ok".
It's been quite some time since i was at a hulla, and i really dont listen to much of that music anymore.
At least there were some familiar faces, and some losers who really need to learn their place in life. You may think you're a "scene celeb" right now, but that'll mean nothing in 4 years lemme tell ya.
The highlight of the night was seeing Shock the monkey aka dj saiyan getting thrown out by security after passing out upstairs in the bar.

And Sharkey is hot. I knew he was a big flame, but I was expecting some dirty old man on the prowl for young boys. Man was I ever wrong. SEXY.
Old February 6th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #20
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

well, i got in about halfway through gobstoppa's set and chilled (with some minor dancing thrown in for good measure), and went down stairs for scoots set to get my dance on. about halfway through the set i find out one of the kids i came with got thrown out for puking on the bathroom floor (he didnt eat all day then had way to many shots...), so i had to go ask security where he was, well since I'm way to responsible and kind for my own good, i told the other 4ppl i was with to stay and have a good time and I'll go take the kid to my car and sit with him to make sure he was okay.

So needless to say, the 1hr i was inside was fun, on the otherhand, watching ppl in the parking lot come and go from/to the party for the rest of the night was a total bummer.

best quotes of the night:

"I dunno where your friend is, he's probably freezin his ass off on some street corner, not my problem anymore." ~ Asshole security guy

"Oh HI!....wait....what are you doing on THAT side of the fence... (wanders off aimlessly before I can answer)" ~Katy

"WHO NEEDS ECSTACY?!?!? 10 DOLLARS!!!" ~ Guy on the street corner (yelling quite loudly)
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:02 PM   #21
xI'mNotYourStarx
Hullaboarder

Ahah..I love how..I was making fun of my friend in the car on the way to hulla, because she was bringing a bob marley bag into the rave..and I don't really listen to that.

We walk in and Gobstoppa is PLAYING bob marley...

Boy did my friend turn the car ride around on me...uuughhh

But Hulla was amazing. yesss..I'm dead tired, but happy none the less. time to sleep...
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:22 PM   #22
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
Thumbs up It's a love affair; mainly jesus and my hot rod

That fog was bloody murder to drive through. It creeped me out the entire trip (both there and back - one stubborn fog) because it felt like something out of a Ravenloft novel. I feel sorry for anyone that made a long distance commute.

Funtimes all around at the party. I had a lot of fun just hanging out and chatting. I even tried dancing a bit towards the end there but gave up and went back to chatting with cute girls.

I was a little disappointed by the lack of times I heard "happy hullabaloo" but its something to work on for the next one ;}

-nub
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #23
DigitalRaver
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DigitalRaver
I myself had a blast! Danced all night, as usual. Met lost of new peeps and LOVED every set played, especially the anthems! I too had to travel through the fog, though I wasn't driving. Wade was real tired and it was so bad that we actually missed both the exits back into Guelph. But we made it back, and all is well. I can't wait for April now, I know it'll be even better!
-------------------------
{http://digitalraver.ath.cx}

Last edited by DigitalRaver : February 6th, 2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old February 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #24
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
lol @ John.. that whole post is hilarious. I hope you dont think im a rave celeb tho

All in all I had a great night. I woke up in the morning thinking "ugh, i dont want to go to a rave tonight" but by the time i got a few drinks in me at the real jerk i was ready for anything. The set of the night had to go to Subsonic - not that I know anything of that sort of music but damn did it get the dance floor moving.

Big shout out goes all everyone that made it out. Mike, I hope ya had a great bday its always cool chillin with ya.
Old February 6th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #25
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
I came, I raved very briefly, I drove home at 160 km/h through the fog, and made it to work with two minutes to spare.

Shouts to everyone I saw, and those I didn't... I've got to say that Sharkey + Trance = rave goodness! Silver1 + anthems = rave goodness! MCing with Sharkey is something I won't soon forget... what a nuttah!

MCED

Hot + Dirty