The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Pacific Sun
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 6th, 2005, 06:00 PM   #26
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
gobstoppa spun a unique blend of ....confusin wickedness!
scoots as usual does her thing real well! YAY! ..she played follow me
dminus was the best set of the night! he played alot of choooons *dr00l*
capital j was arite..im not into jungle that much! but it was his b-dae! ..so yay
sharkey aint mah style ...he played hardcore, yup!
frolic ...was arite, but his best sets are at the birthday hullas!
frisky laid down the 2nd best set of the night! woo hoo!
subsonic chronic ..played a great chillin set! jus 2 calm down, bob your head and chillaX!
and last but not least:
silver1 played a really good set...luved the fact he played set you free, iunno why?:P

...my problem of the night!
SHARKEYS ECHOING MIC! ::urgh:: x1000

all in all..it was a hulla, the vibe, people, <3 was all there! ONCE AGAIN THANKYOU!
Old February 6th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #27
DJ Saiyan
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to DJ Saiyan
*shrug*

it was fun while i was there?
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #28
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
I had a BLAST

more to come
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #29
applepie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to applepie
i thought it was a good party.
but i dont get it. i liked sharkeys music. however, everyone like praises him because he Mc's and spins at the same time, but he barley Mc'ed ...like every 5 minutes he would say "Ladies and Gentlemen" but yea.....he still spun some good music.
i liked scoots. :P
eye opener was played 3 times? good song...but 3 times??? lol....its all good
good party. good vibes and good times.
shout outs to everyone there that made it what it was :P
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #30
EvilSmurfette
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EvilSmurfette
so much fun!!.. so many good memories!!..
lots of hugs..
<HaPPY HaPPY>
Old February 6th, 2005, 11:30 PM   #31
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
me and my crew had a blast!

the three people i brought with me were newbies to hulla, one of them hadn't even been to a party at all. took them a little while to feel comfortable, but after that, they all started dancing and having a great time..

i loved all the sets, except for chronics. it was alright, but just wasn't my style.

capital j had the 2nd best set of the night, next to sharkey... in my opinion at least. it's strange that i feel that way too, because i don't normally like dnb/jungle at all, but it was hard and dirty, and made me happy in the pants.. :P hehe

the people were all awesome, and the vibe was spectacular.. :two thumbs-up for pac sun:
Old February 6th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #32
Sim
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaver
Orb i left half way through as well do to multiple reasons, one (the main one) being i had to work at 6am that morning and i was so fucking tired, so i left during sharkeys set, i just couldn't move anymore. D-minus I think had the best set while i was there, so much old classic anthems... i just LOVED it! Keron would have been proud.

weaver was SO TIRED that he fell asleep on the dancefloor...

Old February 6th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #33
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl

jeffysim i miss you

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old February 7th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #34
Moez
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Moez
This party was one of the best I have had the pleasure of attending in a VERY long time. From start to finish I had a blast, even though the music was not always what I enjoyed the crowd surely made up for it and helped make it a truly epic evening.

We arrived during D-Minus' set and had a truly "Hulla moment" in the coat check line where an anthem was played and EVERYBODY in the area burst into song. [I wish I could recall which track it was... ] It warmed my heart and started the night out PERFECTLY.

Capital J's set was also bangin'. I could not stop dancing and was excited to tears when I heard "4 a.m."

The set of the night for ME definitely had to be Subsonic Chronic's. He looked like he was having the most incredible time up there and played so many classic hard house tracks. I love listening to a set and recognizing nearly all of the tunes played. I danced, I bobbed, I screamed, and I cheered. Thanks S.C. for an incredible set.

and as if his set wasn't enough Silver1 followed up with a HHC set of pure anthems. Silver1 has been one of my fave HHC djs for such a long time and his set last night completely reaffirmed his awesomeness. The crowd ate it up and everybody was on their feet, whistles in hand, and smiles on their faces.

I love Hullabaloo. I always leave Hulla parties with a heart bursting with happiness and a head full of memories that will undoubtedly last forever.

thanks for another fantastic night.
Old February 7th, 2005, 12:34 AM   #35
SpecialKate
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to SpecialKate
To be honest, I expected it to be much better... The crowd was great and all, but the gaddam security was on my case from the moment I walked in, to 4:00am when they kicked me out for "being on meth and falling asleep?" wtf? I wasn't on meth nor was I asleep I was just sitting down for a few minutes, cause I was tired... fucking assholes. How the fuck would I be sleeping if I was on meth anyways?
It felt rather impersonal having angry security following you all night, standing and looking over your shoulder... I really hate Opera House security, and always have.
Eitherway, it was fun and all, but the venue sucked, security sucked and it didn't feel personal enough... Plus I've seen to many heavy bands play at the Opera house, to accept the fact that there was a rave there....
I had lots of fun, but it seriously could've been better =/
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:52 AM   #36
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
INSANE!
I had a blast! First off i can't believe all the ravers i met just walking around toronto! Good times. Sharkey was off his nut man. Gobstoppa kicked ass of course (and was I imagining it or did he throw a shout in my direction during sharkey's set??) Scoots rocked spinning that remix on her first track, i died. D-minus spun some slick anthems, which i was very happy 2 hear. Anabolic rocked out, and Frisky friggin blew me away by then i was so sore from dancing my ass off i could barely move. Some sad points of the night, my girlfriend got really bummed out kinda started remembering a bunch of bad things about parties, she's kinda fell out the scene and like now when she goes she just has really bad memories, so she went home and slept for a bit, but was in good spirits when she came back to pick us up, especially cuz we were getting some food! Other than that It Kicked ASS!!!!
Everybody enjoy the cd's i gave em!
if they suck, i'm sorry but let me know, i do enjoy comments and critizizm
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:52 AM   #37
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
Yeah I had a problem with security too. It wasnt until after the party and I was waiting for my friends outside that the guy at the door started getting all macho on people that were dropping flyers. For the record I didnt litter, but I stuck up for some guy after he got totally reamed out by a power tripping asshole. So now im probably not welcome there if he remembers me.
Old February 7th, 2005, 03:23 AM   #38
SpecialKate
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to SpecialKate
Was it the security dude with an "almost" shaved head and some facial hair?
Cause that's the one that I noticed gave the most shit to people.
I wish I had a roman candle. I'd shoot it up his arse.
Old February 7th, 2005, 12:14 PM   #39
psychosis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to psychosis Send a message via Yahoo to psychosis
amazing just amazing, sharkey spun an amazing set-hardcore machine, overdrive, the badger song, and jump 2 the groove, capital j had a very enjoyable set and i dont like jungle, frolic did his thing as always, d-minus and frisky were great as always, scoots played a lot of tracks i like, gobstopper was good but he played i wanna be a hippy the track i hate the most....i dont remember the last two hours i dont know why....but it was great and i met sharkey who is just a great man just great.....
Old February 7th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #40
Poodirinky
Hullaboarder

A review from a hulla newbie!

Taken from my purerave journal (poodirinky):

Well I'm in class now, and rather than do my lab, I'm going to post about hulla.

Soooo.. After doing a bunch of stupid running around here in Kingston that we all shoulda done earlier, me, my g/f (http://my.purerave.com/user/candy_cayne/), and our friend Cyndi (http://my.purerave.com/user/critter/) FINALLY hit the road to Toronto!

So on the road for my first party, Tag, the highway was like a fucking blizzard.... Not this time!

Instead, it's ... the fog of death! I swear, one of these times we'll have normal driving conditions.. ::

AAAAANYWAYS... So we finally get to the venue, and there's like, uber-cheap parking like, not even two blocks away.. At Tag, I paid like $20 for overnight parking. At Hulla, I paid.. $3. ::crazy:: We did our last minute getting ready things (I put on my "My first Hulla .... hug me?" shirt, the ladies do the makeup/hair thing) in the car, and get into the place a little after 10, so we missed Gobstopper's set

Being fairly new to the scene, I'm not particularly picky with my genres or that, I'm pretty open, so I'll just run down what I remember from the sets...

9 - DJ Gobstopper - missed it.
10 - Scoots - Was spinnin' when we got there.. Truth be told, I wasn't really paying much attention to the grooves.. I was still in awe of the amount of people, and the venue, and just taking everything in.. For the last half or third of set though, I found it pretty rockin.
11 - D-Minus - This is when the tunes started to consume me (and before you ask, I was sober as a brick.. drugs are baaaaad, mmm'kay?) .. I broke out the glowsticks, and boogied it up.
12 - Capital J - My g/f told me that I'd like jungle/DnB when they were gunna spin it at Tag.. I didn't really dig it at Tag, but sweet fucking jesus, I loved this set. So much energy!
1 - Sharkey - I know (not personally, since like I said, I'm a "newb") that this was a big return for him and stuff, but the three of us wanted to explore, and I was pretty parched, so we went upstairs and had a couple of drinks.. Well.. I had two drinks, they had none.. I ran into Timmy (thanks for the blowpop!!! : who invited me to a party on the 12th of March.. The Missing Peace.. I might (probably will...? : end up going to that.. From what my g/f says, and from what I know myself, the lineup looks good! Anyways, I'm sorta off-topic.. Whoops. Point is, we didn't really get to "feel" much of Sharkey's set, but what I heard was pretty dope!
2 - Anabolic Frolic - Man! My g/f mentioned that while he doesn't do the most complicated tricks while spinning, he knows how to work a crowd, and work us he did! Great tunes from Mr. Hulla himself!!!
3 - Frisky - Probably my 2nd favorite set of the night, after Special J.. I found this set to start off a LITTLE slow, but once he got going, HOOOOOOO boy, look out. ::crazy::
4 - Subsonic Chronic - Cyndi was kinda beat, and tired all night.. She had fun, but she didn't really have much energy, and at this point, she was drained, and truth be told, so was I, and my g/f was kinda out of it too.. So this set was where we "took a bit of a break", so to speak...
5 - Silver1 - Didn't stay for this set, as like I said, the last set sorta took it's toll on us.. And we were beat, and didn't have any afterparties to go to (we have no friends, I guess..), so we had to hit the road, and yeah.. we probably left around 5:15 or so.

After looking for a nearby Denny's (with no luck.. grrr..), we hit the road... Stopped at the Whitby Timmy's/Wendy's/McD's/etc stop... Got some breakfast.. and slept in the car for a while before coming back home!

All in all, an amazing time, thanks to everyone who put it on... And thanks everyone for the hugs, and making my first hulla a phenomenal one!! I'm sure there's soooo much more I'm forgetting! :: ::crazy::
Old February 7th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #41
azmethinkmeiz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to azmethinkmeiz
This was my first Hulla...first rave, actually, and it couldn't have turned out any better. When I arrived, I didn't think I would be able to enjoy myself. I was overwhelmed by the people, the music, everything. Eventually, I got over that and ended up dancing the night away and meeting lots of great people. The vibe I felt while I was there is indescribable and incomparable to anything I’ve ever been apart of.
I would like to say "thank you" to Anabolic Frolic and everyone else that made it happen (forgive me for not naming everyone individually, remember, I'm new). Also, thanks to everybody that came out that night. You all helped to make me feel very welcomed and comfortable. And to the wonderful people that brought me, took care of me, and made sure I had a damn good time: ANDREW, MEL, EMILY, thank you so very much…you guys are awesome!

plans on attending the final two are in the works!!
Old February 7th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #42
exT
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to exT
i had a great time.. good to see lots of old friends, and make tons of new ones! great music all night.. great vibe.. got a few promo cds from people, thanks, i love to hear what the other djs are up to..

see ya next time!
Old February 7th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #43
HEATER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HEATER
Hulla was good
way better than Back and forth
it seemed more filled and almost had the crazy hulla spirit of old not quite but close
Missed Gobstoppas set Sorry dude
Scoots tore it up only thing that made it better would be if she was allowed to play breakbeat but whatever
D-minus it was a real good set KWIK FUCKIN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my only problem with your set was they didn't stop making hardcore in 2001 buy some new rekkids dude
Cap J BEAUTY Jd is the man!!!!!!
Sharkey not a huge fan of trancecore but the croud was 'aving it still all around good
Frolic Not what I expected at all fun times
rocked out to frisky left before subsonic gettin old
drove home in INSANE fog
slept
Old February 7th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #44
ctraverboy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ctraverboy Send a message via Yahoo to ctraverboy
I've just now realized that this really happened... it wasn't just a happy dream... when something is so good you are in denial because its just not possible for it to be so good, then damn, its off the hook...
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:05 PM   #45
exT
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to exT
the thing i liked most about this hulla was all the old anthems!! i heard tracks i used to listen to back in 99.. that gave me a fuzzy nostalgic feeling.. i loved it!
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:10 PM   #46
meisemily
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRaVeRx

...silver1 played a really good set...luved the fact he played set you free...

scoots opened with set you free again [if i recall correctly] which rocked the house and got everyone excited. twas good.
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:35 PM   #47
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
weaver was SO TIRED that he fell asleep on the dancefloor...

hahaha im a dancing zombie!!
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:38 PM   #48
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
LoL, Weaver that's awsome.
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:41 PM   #49
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by exT
the thing i liked most about this hulla was all the old anthems!! i heard tracks i used to listen to back in 99.. that gave me a fuzzy nostalgic feeling.. i loved it!

you're hearing more old stuff cause with hulla ending it's basically 3 farewell sets as the djs have more favourite tracks than could ever fit in one hour.
Old February 7th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #50
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
i had a good time got to go with the KW crew so it was definitely fun~
loved capital j and sharkey and frolic and subsonic and silver one
good memories...
very surreal....
cant' believe there's only 2 more....i think that is why i was a lil off in certain ways...