The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:09 PM   #101
travelsize
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travelsize Send a message via Yahoo to travelsize
I don't really have any suggestions for other places, but would definitely be interested in a group rate somewhere. Should I assume now is a good time to start looking for places and getting rooms reserved or can I procrastinate a bit longer, lol?
Old March 4th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #102
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
you can try the clarion on sherbourne...that ones nice and big too...but i REALLY like that marriot also

and we can wait a while..its months away yet
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:21 AM   #103
polyWog
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to polyWog Send a message via AIM to polyWog Send a message via Yahoo to polyWog
Most hotels require a few months notice to set up group rates, especially with individual call-ins. And a lot of times (especially on weekends during the summer) they'll only take one group per weekend/day. So I would get cracking on it ASAP.

Also, be aware that more then likely whoever is organizing it is going to have to sign a contract about the group rates. So be sure what you're getting into ^_^
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:29 AM   #104
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^^that is true...but a little over a month in advance will usually suffice (i have had to set up group stuff before) if you are just booking a room somewhere by yourself you have plenty of time. Setting up a group rate is probably NOT the best idea as I know for a FACT that there is a damage clause in most of these contracts...saying the signer is responsible for all of the people under the contract..
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:39 AM   #105
waffle
Hullaboarder
Pacman Champion! High Score: 134650 

Send a message via AIM to waffle
That is definitly a good point. If something or things get broken, which is very possible, it would not be fair to have it al put on one person just because they tried to help everyone else out. Does anyone know what the normal rate is though for the mariott without a group rate?
Old March 8th, 2005, 05:04 PM   #106
TXfairynCA
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to TXfairynCA
Alright.. So I talked to Marriott and waited for they're return email. Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys but My memaw passed away and I was in BFE Texas.. No internet access anywhere but im back home now... well I copied what the marriott sent on group for 15 rooms 4 to a room and it still looks pretty pricey. I printed out a list of hotels on a few of the closest streets. Im going to call them today but it took Marriott a few days to get back to me.. I missed you all and love you so much.. PM me with questions... here it is.................
Thank you for your inquiry for 15 rooms July 8-9, 2005. We do have availability and are pleased to quote the following rates:

$189 CAD per room per night plus applicable taxes (currently 15%) for single or double occupancy rooms, each additional person is $20 CAD with a maximum of 4 people in a room.

You will need to book the rooms ahead of time with names and payment for each in order to qualify for the group rate. It is a Special Event weekend in Toronto with the Molson Indy races so the sooner you know if you would like to book the better as rooms in Toronto tend to sell out quickly over that weekend.

Our location, in the heart of Toronto, really is ideal as we are connected directly to Toronto's popular shopping complex the Eaton Centre. We are also within walking distance to the entertainment district, many restaurants, China Town as well as theatres and attractions.

Please let me know if you would like for me to hold space. We would be delighted to welcome you to the hotel.
Old March 8th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #107
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
holy crap... 189CAD per night?!?!

i hope they fellate you also...
Old March 8th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #108
TXfairynCA
Hullaboarder

Yeah its pretty crappy.. cheaper to get it separate almost... ugh... frustration frustration...
Old March 8th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #109
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

yeah, no shit..

bastid hotels..
Old March 8th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #110
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

im sure that price has something to do with the need for rooms for that other event..which we should ALL take into consideration by booking a room soon...
Old March 8th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #111
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

ahh... that's true..

i'm going to hound liz to book two rooms really soon
Old March 8th, 2005, 08:58 PM   #112
Andjo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Andjo Send a message via MSN to Andjo Send a message via Yahoo to Andjo
yeah moslon Indy is a very big event. and now that i know that there also that weekend i think ill spend a day at the races.
Old March 8th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #113
drchwi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to drchwi Send a message via Yahoo to drchwi
a city full of candy kids and left turn fans...that should be an intersting mix...
chwi
Old March 9th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #114
firefoxkac
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to firefoxkac
Question Looking for just enough time to crash for a while...

*waves*

I'll be coming in from upstate NY - I won't need a hotel room for any more than 5-6 hours or so the morning after to get some sleep before heading back home (long drive, but not that long). So, anyone who's willing to offer up some crash space for just that time, drop me a PM and let me know the location, $$, details, etc...

Thanks! ^_^
Old March 9th, 2005, 11:26 PM   #115
TXfairynCA
Hullaboarder

well since we all know that a group rate at the marriott is gonna get us no where and im checking into days inn and a few other.. if that gets us no where.... who wants to try and get hotel rooms at the same place ????
Old March 9th, 2005, 11:34 PM   #116
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXfairynCA
well since we all know that a group rate at the marriott is gonna get us no where and im checking into days inn and a few other.. if that gets us no where.... who wants to try and get hotel rooms at the same place ????

I would love to get a room in a hotel with a couple of ravers in it. I have never met any of you and may never agian. So count me in.
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:39 AM   #117
KBooBear3
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to KBooBear3 Send a message via Yahoo to KBooBear3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXfairynCA

I would have to talk to my Freinds BUt You might be able to Share our room thats basically all were doing with the room. BUt iF not I'm sure tons of people would be willing to help you out.
Old March 10th, 2005, 01:50 AM   #118
waffle
Hullaboarder

Again like others have said, I cant say anything for certain as I havn't talked with the rest of mi amigos, but im sure that we could and definitly would love to help out any desperate ravers. It would be a good time.

I'll check on that and see if it would be a sure thumbs up for us but I'm still not quite sure what hotel we shall be staying at seeing how the prices at the marriott are friggen ridiculos, but all that shall be known and posted soon enough.

Peace
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #119
niikkiey
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to niikkiey
my friends and i would have no problem taking in any raver that need a place to crash.. and if someone is looking into a group rate at another hotel i'd def. be interested.
Old March 11th, 2005, 01:40 AM   #120
waffle
Hullaboarder

Yea definitly, if anyone can find a good group rate anywhere please post it. My group for one would be very interested.
Old March 11th, 2005, 10:40 PM   #121
HardKore_PurpLe
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HardKore_PurpLe Send a message via MSN to HardKore_PurpLe Send a message via Yahoo to HardKore_PurpLe
that does suck about the marriot , but is thier any one willing to share a room with me or possiable has room for me it will just be me and id rather not get a room just for one person, since i will be coming alone maybe we could share a room with splitting the cost, so if anyone can do this please hit me up at mizboom@yahoo.com thanx!
Old March 16th, 2005, 12:47 AM   #122
waffle
Hullaboarder

^^^Im sure almost anyone would be willing to let you stay with them.
Were all one big raving family!
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:05 AM   #123
niikkiey
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to niikkiey
so has a "raver hotel" been decided on yet? or is someone still looking into group rates at diffrent hotels?
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #124
TXfairynCA
Hullaboarder

My 2 roomies and I are going to book 2 rooms so anyone needing a home is welcome.. Were gonna be there the night before night of and night after. What im trying to ask is now that the group rates have fallen through.... where do we all wanna book rooms together (in the same hotel) still the Marriott or maybe Days inn or???? well let me know
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #125
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
^^^
days inn