The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 5th, 2005, 03:07 PM   #1
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
Whats your oppinion on Hulla Newbies going to the last hulla?

Meaning people going to a hulla for the first time. Concidering how in demand the tickets for this where I would rather see a veteran go than someone whos going for there first time. Ive seen enough posts about how someone is bringing like 15 noobies, thats 15 hulla veterans that cant go now.

Whats yer oppions on the matter?
Old March 5th, 2005, 04:39 PM   #2
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I don't feel too much sympathy for the veterens who sat on their hands and did nothing about getting tickets until it was too late. It's been said before but that ticket onsale date was announced 4 months ago.

Everyone who was truly determined to get a ticket got one whether they be new or old. It's not like a it was a big concert that had the phone lines jammed for an hour and then the tickets were all gone and you did your damndest to get them and couldn't.

Based on the ticket sales from the Hullastore and the comments people wrote in their orders, lots of tickets went out of town to people who have always wanted to be part of Hulla but geographicaly were prevented from going but aren't missing out on their last chance, and you know they're going to make the most of being there.
Old March 5th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #3
FEMME|FATALE
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
>>|

Honestly, I don't like the idea that so many friends I was looking forward to seeing for this partie can't go.

Then again, this was all definitely announced SO LONG AGO. It's nobodies responsibility but their own.

Even people I never thought in a million years i'd never see at another partie ran into me in Toronto and asked me " are you going to the last hulla? ". I guarantee they don't even read this board anymore but everyone knew about this!!!

LISTEN TO:
AIDS WOLF | M.I.A. | RATATAT | CHROMEO | WE ARE WOLVES | THE BLOOD BROTHERS | and the best band in the history of rock music ^
Old March 5th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #4
drchwi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to drchwi Send a message via Yahoo to drchwi
im sorry for all the vets who couldnt make it to this show...but this is a major hulla event...the vets should have known about it long before the newbies..me being one of the newbies..ive been trying to go to a hulla for over a year now and on thing or another has kept me from it..mostly traverl..i live in nebraska..but i jumped all over the chance to make it to this last and final event...and i barely made it in time...but i promise, im going all out for this...it wont be a wasted ticket...
again sorry for those who couldnt make it...
chwi
Old March 5th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #5
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
uum "first come, first served!" sounds like "you snooze, you loose!" Might go like this: "early bird, get's the worm"

and that's enough out of me

Purerave: Acorn143
Old March 5th, 2005, 11:49 PM   #6
fLiRtZ
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to fLiRtZ
I have my ticket, but the only reason i knew of this last hulla, was cause i thought to myself 'i havent been on that hulla site for a while..., i wonder if n e thing has changed? --right before back&forth --- (before that, i hadnt been to a party in years) and then i saw the final hulla listed, and bought my ticket the first day on sale.

As for other vets, i duno if they still come on this site. and i think if they found out abt this, sure they might be disapointed, but i agree with the others. first come first serve. And it kinda sucks 2 be them.

Also, not to name other production companies... but when i found out that a certain other one (that i also enjoyed attending) had seen its last days, sure i was upset that they were done. but i had found out after the fact, so, there was nothing i could do about it..... but think of those 'good ol parties that i DID attend.
Old March 5th, 2005, 11:54 PM   #7
polyWog
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to polyWog Send a message via AIM to polyWog Send a message via Yahoo to polyWog
I've only been to one other hulla & I bought three tickets for the last one - I'm taking two friends, my boyfriend whose only been to one hulla and my other friend whose only been to two. Deal with it.
Old March 6th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #8
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
For real. People all over the country are totally in love with hulla/happyhardcore. Just cuz they haven't been out to one yet doesn't mean that they're not crazy into it. Again i'll say we all knew it was coming, you should've gotten yer tix when ya had the chance.
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
Old March 6th, 2005, 12:55 AM   #9
travelsize
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travelsize Send a message via Yahoo to travelsize
I've only been around for about a year, and I'm one of those guys bringing a bunch of new people in July. I never wanted to take the experience away from people who've been going longer than I have(hell, I even asked Frolic if it'd be OK to get 8 tickets at a time to make sure it was all good) but, like others have said, there was plenty of time to be ready to get a ticket. I'm bringing 7 others, and my thought is bringing them to Hulla would be a great way to start them off, should they keep going to parties. They only know about raves and such from what I relay to them, and they wanted to know what the big deal was. The good time vibe of Hulla is practically unmatched, so I wanted them to get on board the right way.
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:04 AM   #10
anabolic frolic
Administrator

I should point out that if the veterans didn't all move on from Hulla to begin with we wouldn't be having a last party in the first place .
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #11
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
eww, somebody else just got told...
sorry i'll stop now.
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:55 AM   #12
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
i am kinda against the whole newb things for OTHER reasons entirely..this will NOT be a normal hulla...the vibe will NOT be the same..the people who only come to this hulla really wont be able to ever see what hulla is really like...
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:20 AM   #13
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
i disagree carrie..

i think there will be enough veterans there to be able to bring out the hullavibe in the newbies..
not that i'm a veteran to hulla or anything, but i am a veteran to partying... and at pac. sun, i really felt what hulla was. i went to bnf, but it didn't have the same feel as pac. sun.. not by far.

personally, i think that newbs at the last hulla will be a good thing. if you want to see the scene progress and stay alive, you have to start the ones who are new to the it with a really good party, show them what it really can be. its kinda like the old addage "our children are the future".. you know?

and, like everyone else has said... we all had MORE than ample time to get their tickets... if you love hulla so much, why didn't you know about the sale date which had been posted for months?
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:39 AM   #14
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
The low seretonin levels Sunday morning are what kind of kept me from buying a ticket early. There is a scary high chance of total a seretonin crash from some of the over dramatic ravers gonna be there. DOnt really want that as my last hulla memory
Old March 6th, 2005, 05:04 AM   #15
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
you get that with basically any party you go to though..

unless its a dnb/house party... then everyone is just high and tired in the morning...
Old March 6th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #16
anabolic frolic
Administrator

I think the biggest problem with newbies at the last hulla is it's going to be a once in a lifetime experience that will never be matched and it's all downhill from there. Having ANY Hulla be your first party is difficult enough.
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:01 PM   #17
kriztian
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kriztian
I didn't read the whole thing but if they got a ticket huzuah welcome
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #18
fLiRtZ
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to fLiRtZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
I should point out that if the veterans didn't all move on from Hulla to begin with we wouldn't be having a last party in the first place .

i agree, i wish i never stopped going to hulla's... however, having a baby, and a family (now two kids) changes alot. no offense to hulla's or n e parties, but when u start a family, going to a party changes a lot. i know this is a little off topic, but when i went to back&forth, my mind wasnt just on hulla, it was on my kids, and wondering if they needed me. i know the final hulla i'll probly still feel the same way, but i wont miss it!!! --ok, unless my kids need me... other than that, i wont miss it!
Old March 6th, 2005, 01:47 PM   #19
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
im sad at the fact that alot of my friends and stuff...wont be there! ...which sucks lots! but...thas life! anyone who really wanted 2 go! could of
a)bought online the day they went on sale
b)travelled their ass to a ticket outlet..like what i did the weekend they went on sale

hahaha..its true tho
Old March 6th, 2005, 02:14 PM   #20
psychosis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to psychosis Send a message via Yahoo to psychosis
im bringing with me one hulla-newbie to the last hulla...but unlike other hullas i went to i didnt ask any of my friends to go with me that havent been to a hulla the only reason im bringing my friend brian is because he asked me if i could give him a ride and so of course i said yes....this wasnt the party to recruit for but for people who already knew about it and took the iniative to buy a ticket when they went on sale
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #21
RaechelandRob
Hullaboarder

I've been to 2 Hulla's a long time ago and I'm bringing 4 hulla noobs with me. 2 of them are vetrans of the California/NC/Boston and NY scene and the other 2 are complete noobs.
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:01 PM   #22
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
i dont mean that there wont be enough people to MAKE the vibe....we just WONT i know i am gunna be all emo and cry like a baby....and that is something that most the newbies wont be able to understand i dont think ...
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:11 PM   #23
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fLiRtZ
i agree, i wish i never stopped going to hulla's... however, having a baby, and a family (now two kids) changes alot. no offense to hulla's or n e parties, but when u start a family, going to a party changes a lot. i know this is a little off topic, but when i went to back&forth, my mind wasnt just on hulla, it was on my kids, and wondering if they needed me. i know the final hulla i'll probly still feel the same way, but i wont miss it!!! --ok, unless my kids need me... other than that, i wont miss it!

By my accounts we've had over 100,000 people attend our events over 8 years. People move on, it's the natural order of things. To be honest, where the scene has faltered is the LACK of newbies to keep things moving forward. There's always been a high turnover, I've always put the average lifespan of a raver at around 2 years.

I also don't see this last Hulla helping bump attendance for anyone else though since people are coming from such a large distance it's not something that's sustainable. Or it's old farts coming out of the woodwork for one last hurrah.

Anyhoo, back to the thread at hand; I think very few of those in attendance are going to be there because they had nothing better to do. Even if it's someones first Hulla they've known all about them for years and they have 5 months to study the scrapbooks and build the anticipation. They all know they're living history.
Old March 6th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #24
drchwi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to drchwi Send a message via Yahoo to drchwi
i would have gone to many a hulla before but distance and circumstances have kept me at bay...but knowing that something of this magnitude is coming to an end im not going to miss it for the world...sure this is my first and last hulla...but ive been happy 2b hardcore for many years now...its just events like this dont reach this far down into the states...heck..decent events in generally are usually few and far between...the actual rave seen in nebraska is practically nonexistant....so use kids stuck here have to take what we can get and travel for those that we can...and the final hulla is worth ever penny its going to take to get me there and every second of my time in waiting and preparing for it...
chwi
Old March 6th, 2005, 05:11 PM   #25
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Hullanewbies are no less wlecome than the veteran hulla crew.

Everyone was a Hullanewbie once. That is a large part of what has defined Hulla over the years...accepting people, no matter who they are in "the scene". Whether it was your first rave experience or your millionth, it was always about letting everyone in on the fun. The first Hulla that I ever went to, I was scared when I got in, as I'd never seen anything remotely close to a rave before. But by the end of the night, everyone had treated me so well, that I was hooked. I always tried carrying that night in my mind as I've partied over the years - keeping in mind that everyone was new once and it was up to us to keep that welcoming spirit alive.

In conclusion, to try to say that somehow Hulla veterans are more deserving to attend, basically shows a complete lack of understanding of what Hulla is all about.