The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 6th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #26
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
^^^i completely agree...BUT..i dont think that this is gunna be a HULLA like any other.....i dont think that the kids that are coming out for the first time will understand what is going on half the time....i know I WILL understand when i see people upset or crying or raving harder than they ever have before...but i know at MY first hulla i would not have been able to understand what hullla means to so many people....
i definatly think newbies should be welcomed..but i am sad because they will never be able to witness the real hulla vibe
Old March 6th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #27
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
^^^ the Real hulla vibe?
how do you define that?
i love ya carrie, but the real hulla vibe? i think the real hulla vibe will be flowing through the roof on july 9th......those newbs that are goin to be at their first hulla will be so enraptured by the party itself that any one particular persons emotional process with the event is not goin to affect them. its not like we're coming out (the experienced hullaraver) and saying lets let everyone know why we're crying and sappy.....or raving their hardest....im gonna be letting whatever happen happen just like i always do.....that's the beauty of the hulla vibe...you never know what you're gonna get, but im hopin i get more happy hullabaloos than ever
Old March 6th, 2005, 06:30 PM   #28
DJ_Timid
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJ_Timid Send a message via MSN to DJ_Timid Send a message via Yahoo to DJ_Timid
I was a little upset to read this post...I understand that it means more for the people who have been going to Hulla's for a while, but you have no idea what it will mean for someone for whom it is their first and last. The will have the same emotions and the same energy.

If I get up there with my friends who traveled over a day in a car just to get there, and I'm pushed aside because I'm from Kansas, or because I'm a Hulla newb...I won't care...because this trip has been over a year in the making. I would feel sad to not be accepted by the vibe I've read about countless times on here...but happier than ever to hear back to back happycore sets, seeing the DJ's I've heard so much about, dancing and sweating my ass off, not stopping for the full time...

So you can expect a huge smile all night from this Hulla newb.
Forget your life. Your synthetic life. A new beginning awaits you. Your brainwashed existence shall be met with resistance. Follow the path to your future. Belong to the hardcore regime. Wake up from your synthetic dreams. We are your future.
Old March 6th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #29
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
^^^i completely agree...BUT..i dont think that this is gunna be a HULLA like any other.....i dont think that the kids that are coming out for the first time will understand what is going on half the time....

This IS going to be a Hulla like any other - full of smiles and fun and crazy shit. Hell, half the people on this board weren't around for the fullscale Hullas with bouncy castles and crap. If anything this will be an eyeopener for them just as much.

But honestly, who cares. Since when was it a contest for who "understands" whats going on. I don't even really know what that means.

Everyone will have a blast and thats what matters, not that the "right" people were there. Trying to have certain types of people there just goes against what Hulla was built on.
Old March 6th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #30
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
im gunna stop because we obviously disagree..and i am havin a really hard time verbalizing what i mean...
i just do NOT think this hulla is going to be ANYTHING like any other hulla
Old March 6th, 2005, 11:32 PM   #31
basic
Hullaboarder

as long as its fun im happy
Old March 7th, 2005, 12:17 AM   #32
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
what's with all the discrimination? new to hulla or not, everyone will have a great time. it's sad that not everyone who wanted to go could, but that's not how it is. It's not like you couldn't see this coming. All we have to do now is deal with it and enjoy what's to come. Im sorry for those people who can't make it, but I would hope that you can be happy for those who can. Why not take those people who have never gone and show them that Hullabaloo is even better than they could've imagined. That it's a place free of hate. A place so happy they'll never want to leave. And then, when it ends, they will understand why everone is crying.
Old March 7th, 2005, 01:49 AM   #33
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
^
word...
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:22 AM   #34
FuzzyTrixx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to FuzzyTrixx Send a message via MSN to FuzzyTrixx Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyTrixx
i can say that i am one of the ones that has known of hulla's for 3 or 4 years but have never had the chance to go to one untill pac sun, which we made the trip for so that we could experience a "regular" hulla. It totally exceeded everything i had hoped for and it was awesome, so much so that i convinced 5 of my friends from california to go to the final hulla. This will be their first and last hulla, but i have also told them about the website and have given them some cd's to listen too and they are sooo pumped for July. I'm making the second long flight to canada to make the last party and "regular" hulla or not it is going to be an unforgettable night for all of us. I just got my scrapbook in the mail and i got tears just reading it and i've only been to one hulla. The vibe that the live recordings alone put off, are enough to make anyone understand what hulla is about, and I love newbies and anyone else who is a part of that vibe. That what makes it such an awesome vibe and experience--all the different people with different experience levels and backgrounds who are there to have an awesome night and celebrate the power of friendship and music!!!

Trixx
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:31 AM   #35
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I know CarsieB has the best of intentions when she writes what she has. She loves hulla SOOO much she just wants to be surrounded by people who feel the same way. I really don't think it will be a problem.

We all know when everyone sees me on stage for that last set the atmosphere will be electric with the magnitude of what we're all going to be a part of, not to mention everything leading up to that, and of course those final moments.
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:36 AM   #36
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
I should point out that if the veterans didn't all move on from Hulla to begin with we wouldn't be having a last party in the first place .

Maybe all the vetrans would have never moved on from Hulla if it wasn't at the Opera House every time.

(I'm not complaining... btw, coz I don't really care... I have a ticket)
- Thom Yorke
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:39 AM   #37
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
Maybe all the vetrans would have never moved on from Hulla if it wasn't at the Opera House every time.

(I'm not complaining... btw, coz I don't really care... I have a ticket)

meh, if not for the OH we would have ended unceramoniously in '01 and what good would that have done anyone.

And as I mentioned above, is it realistic to expect more than a few people who were with us in '99 to still be "raving it up" in '05?
Old March 7th, 2005, 03:41 AM   #38
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Timid
I was a little upset to read this post...I understand that it means more for the people who have been going to Hulla's for a while, but you have no idea what it will mean for someone for whom it is their first and last. The will have the same emotions and the same energy.

I think someone who has been going to hulla since 1997/1998 will be a bit more emotional at the end than someone who is at their first hulla just beacause hulla was part of their youth.
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:12 AM   #39
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
I know CarsieB has the best of intentions when she writes what she has. She loves hulla SOOO much she just wants to be surrounded by people who feel the same way. I really don't think it will be a problem.

i don't think it'll be a problem either...i love ya carrie, but newb or not, the people who are going to be at this party are the people who are diehard about going...they saved their pennies and got online/in the stores as soon as tickets went on sale and in the 8 days following it...regardless of their status as a hulla-goer, these kids want to be there, they won't just be showing up for lack of anything better to do, as pointed out before...

and i dunno about you, but my first hulla was definitely one of those redefining moments of my life...even if it wasn't the last official hulla, it was special nonetheless, as all hullas have been to each of us in their own ways...i'm glad there'll be newbs there, because they'll get hooked and want more, and in turn support other groups (i.e. goodfellaz, airheads, FPS, totally sweet radio, etc) that keep the scene alive and well

and as long as they don't beg for bracelets, we'll all get along just fine

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:29 AM   #40
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

now i REALLY think that you guys dont understand what im sayin :P and i DO love hulla SOOOO much...(maybe too much lol)
All I am going to add to this is I REALLLLLLLLLY dont have an issue with new people at the last hulla..i agree that EVERYONE who will be there will REALLY WANT to be there, as you dont buy a ticket 5 months in advance for 40 bucks if you think you will be bored that weekend...

my question...do you think this hulla will be the same as other hullas.....?
Old March 7th, 2005, 09:55 AM   #41
technoshaman78
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
^^^^
Physically- for the most part except for people going all out with candy and costumes maybe, and an enhanced production but I dont think too enhanced.

Mentally (emotionally)- No-this hulla will be exceptionally bittersweet.

Last edited by technoshaman78 : March 7th, 2005 at 09:57 AM.
Old March 7th, 2005, 11:38 AM   #42
basic
Hullaboarder

Hey CaresieB - sorry if I made it look like you don't care about Hulla.

Your opinion is an honest one, I can see where you are coming from. I guess I'm just trying to explain my point of view.
Old March 7th, 2005, 01:34 PM   #43
cheech_n_chotch0880
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to cheech_n_chotch0880 Send a message via MSN to cheech_n_chotch0880
dude the sick'r the party the better no matter who is going to be there as long as you bring what's required....good party on attitude.. karma...duudddeee HULLA IS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEAAAA

~~~RiDe ThE LiGhTNiNg~~~

Old March 7th, 2005, 04:37 PM   #44
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
Quote:
Originally Posted by basic
Hullanewbies are no less wlecome than the veteran hulla crew.

Everyone was a Hullanewbie once. That is a large part of what has defined Hulla over the years...accepting people, no matter who they are in "the scene". Whether it was your first rave experience or your millionth, it was always about letting everyone in on the fun. The first Hulla that I ever went to, I was scared when I got in, as I'd never seen anything remotely close to a rave before. But by the end of the night, everyone had treated me so well, that I was hooked. I always tried carrying that night in my mind as I've partied over the years - keeping in mind that everyone was new once and it was up to us to keep that welcoming spirit alive.

In conclusion, to try to say that somehow Hulla veterans are more deserving to attend, basically shows a complete lack of understanding of what Hulla is all about.

Very well written. It will be my second after Lost in Space, which basically means i will be new. And to say that you would rather have other people there, i understand you want your friends there and all but to have that attitude is only going to make you night worse. If you wold rather not go i am sure there are plenty of people who will give a good vibe who would appreciate your ticket.
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #45
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Timid

If I get up there with my friends who traveled over a day in a car just to get there, and I'm pushed aside because I'm from Kansas, or because I'm a Hulla newb...I won't care...because this trip has been over a year in the making. I would feel sad to not be accepted by the vibe I've read about countless times on here...but happier than ever to hear back to back happycore sets, seeing the DJ's I've heard so much about, dancing and sweating my ass off, not stopping for the full time...

So you can expect a huge smile all night from this Hulla newb.

thats great. i don't know but your great. I don't think us newbs will have the same emotions though we may have a great enenrgy but this has been part of their lives for some a long time. I may cry, but it will probably be because i can't go to another one. Or maybe that after four years of waiting i am fianally at one and i can SEE frolic spin not just hear him(andthe djs that will be there) i have been waiting for this for a long time. And i am counting on all of you vets to help make this night unforgettable and one of the most magical night i have experienced. I am sure you will all live up to my expectations.

Last edited by fallenangelslove : March 7th, 2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old March 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #46
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
Hulla newbs unite!
Old March 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #47
~CrEaMy~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to ~CrEaMy~ Send a message via MSN to ~CrEaMy~
I have somewhat of an opinion on this whole subject.

#1: People mention that they are sad that they will not be able to see a lot of their veteran friends based on the fact that they were unable to purchase tickets. Was the biggest reason based on the fact that people were not informed of this being the last party, or was it lack of funds? If it was lack of funds, maybe certain people that celebrate Christmas should have been asking for money instead of gifts. If it was a lack of information, maybe you are the one that should have informed your veteran friends that the last party was coming up, and try to get them to go.
As people have metioned about the veterans, they are obviously not going to be around for the simple fact that they left the scene.
More then likely, someone that is going for the first time is going to have a much more enjoyable time then someone that dropped out of the scene intentionally over a year ago.

#2: To somewhat contradict the first one, I understand the concept that it might be incredibly special for veterans to have the last hulla to themselves. Knowing that out of the 11 tickets I bought I am the only one that has attended a Hulla is somewhat sad. And in a way I apologize for pushing other people out. However, to be able to attend this party with some of my best friends will be incredible. As well as less expensive when it comes to rentals and rooms.

#3: If anyone noticed, one of the reasons Anabolic Frolic is stopping is based on the lack of a full capacity Rave. The lack of veterans coming to parties. The one thing I have been wondering this full time is whether or not he will throw anniversary parties? If he can sell out a "last" hulla party in 8 days, who's to say that he can't pull that off once a year? I myself would more then likely save up the money to come once a year. Just my own personal thoughts.

#4: As for the emotion that will be at this party, I think it will be intense. Everyone knows for a fact that this is the last hulla. Everyone is pre-planning the trip to make it there, and to attend the last party. I doubt anyone is going to just come in off of the streets (should they find a scalper.)
Maybe not everyone will be crying, but I am sure they will know the reasons in which you are crying. As well as the fact that if people stay true to the Hulla vibe, you will have plenty of people coming up to you to console you and make sure that you are okay.

#5: This will be a Hulla like no other. But I am sure that everyone whether it be newbs, veterans, DJ's or Promoters are going to the raise the roof of the Opera House.
Old March 7th, 2005, 06:15 PM   #48
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Wunderbrat
vibe should be fine
different or not is kinda irrelevant
any one that's been around for awhile should find plenty of old faces
and all the newbies will likely be coming with their seasoned raver friends anyways.
some people are so against newbies taking tickets from the veterans it almost amounts to thinking this should be an invite only party
good to see that the snobby elitist raver tradition is alive and well

Rick

Last edited by Wunderbrat : March 7th, 2005 at 06:23 PM.
Old March 7th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #49
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CrEaMy~
The one thing I have been wondering this full time is whether or not he will throw anniversary parties? If he can sell out a "last" hulla party in 8 days, who's to say that he can't pull that off once a year? I myself would more then likely save up the money to come once a year. Just my own personal thoughts.

Nope, this is it. Trying to relive past glories is a hollow pursuit. Plus the one thing that has kept me going this long is the fact that I AM still relevant to the younger generation and am not merely a nostalgia act. Doing a Hulla equivalent to an "70's/80's night" or something with old faces dancing to old songs doesn't appeal to me. But Hulla will leave a great legacy of dozens of hours of recorded sets, the scrapbook, the "real" book, and countless lives touched. So even though there will never be another the memory will live on.
Old March 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM   #50
DigitalRaver
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DigitalRaver
My first hulla was back and forth. However, I've been wanted to goto a hulla since around '99. So when I got there I was so pumped and excited that there was nothing going to stop me from having the best time of my life. Newbie or not, If you really want to goto the last all, as we all do. I don't think there will be a lack of vibe at all. Some may take a little getting used to the initial extrememly happy atmosphere, but I'm sure they will contribute to the vibe in there own unique way as everyone does.

Interms of the emotion state of people. I think once the noobs realzise just what hulla is all about and that it will never be the same anywhere else it won't be a one sided emotion trip. sure, maybe not as much as the vetrans, but I know that nobody will be here just for "another rave". Thisone will be as special to the vets as it will be to the Noobs. We are all experiencing a magical moment in history.
-------------------------
{http://digitalraver.ath.cx}