User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 27th, 2005, 04:08 PM   #51
pauiel
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to pauiel
I signed...

Yeah...that's dumb all those people got ticketed for nothing.
pauiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:54 AM   #52
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 28 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to chipakapockets
Holy CRAP.

Thank gawd I don't live in America.

Hey... any of you Americans who want to move to Canada... I'll marry you so you can get a citizenship, and get away from that craziness. Don't worry. After you have your citizenship, we'll annul the marriage or divorce or whatever. Then you have your citizenship!!

YAY FOR TRICKINESS!!!

Seriously, though... that's retarded... just for going to a rave, you can get charged. I'm NEVER raving in America!!

PLUR,

Chip

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989
chipakapockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #53
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinflames1234
see, this is the kind of stuff I'm worried about. We are going to be promoting our next party this weekend and we have a few kids that roll alot. I'm worried about the cops doing this to us... =(... i hope not.

Dude, be very careful, I just got a ticket on Friday, it was supposed to be my first rave, and the kids doing the party didn't tell everyone a lot of things, one of which was that they broke into the venue they were using (sweetass venue, but illegal) and didn't take enough time to check it out or anything, and we went and got busted before the party even began, we were still helping set up. None of us had any drugs and they knew that, and we were ticketed with trespassing. The reason the thing was so obvious was because one of our message boards unnet has a lot of cop traffic, and it was posted on that site. So be very careful where you promote, and be careful that you don't mention drugs except for saying that it's a drug free event, or the like.
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:43 PM   #54
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipakapockets
Holy CRAP.

Thank gawd I don't live in America.

Hey... any of you Americans who want to move to Canada... I'll marry you so you can get a citizenship, and get away from that craziness. Don't worry. After you have your citizenship, we'll annul the marriage or divorce or whatever. Then you have your citizenship!!

YAY FOR TRICKINESS!!!

Seriously, though... that's retarded... just for going to a rave, you can get charged. I'm NEVER raving in America!!

PLUR,

Chip

But Chip! There'll be some cool events (that I know of) down here in the CO/AZ area this summer! You should make it out to one of them!
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #55
waffle
Hullaboarder
Pacman Champion! High Score: 134650 

Send a message via AIM to waffle
Yea, I was lucky as shit at the rave that Glyce was talking about as I was going to my car to get some food when the cops came so I was able to keep my ass from getting ticketed for trying to have a good time. The worst thing about it all was that while at some illegal parties, they trash the venue and leave it that way, we had planned to clean it all up and leave it so that they would have never known it happened. They had sectioned off the warehouse so that people stayed to the designated areas and they had a clean up crew set up to clean after it was all done. Im fine with cops breaking up an illegal party, I mean its illegal. But when such effort has gone into setting it up and making it safe and protective of the venue, the cops should in my opinion just tell everyone to go home and wait while everthing is cleaned up. They shouldn't have ticketed everyone when we all had good intentions for the place.
waffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:13 AM   #56
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
^^ still it was illegal, the cops could have been a lot worse to ya. I just think its shit when cops break up LEGAL parties, at LEGAL venues. Its kinda like why? Is there not enough LEGAL involved?
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:47 AM   #57
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyce
But Chip! There'll be some cool events (that I know of) down here in the CO/AZ area this summer! You should make it out to one of them!

As exciting as it may be, man... I don't know... that stuff scares me... like... huge crazy mad police trouble? I can't afford to have a criminal record. :S

PLUR,

Chip
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:52 PM   #58
upinflames1234
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to upinflames1234
yeahhhh... police are there to keep the peace... so why fine everyone? how is that keeping peace?
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:05 PM   #59
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
um yeah... keep the peace... To quote a smart dead guy: "Peace cannot be kept for force. It can only be acheived thru understanting."
Old March 29th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #60
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
oki are you married for real???
Old March 29th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #61
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
yup yup.. he and star tied the knot... congrats guys!
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #62
waffle
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLeash
^^ still it was illegal, the cops could have been a lot worse to ya. I just think its shit when cops break up LEGAL parties, at LEGAL venues. Its kinda like why? Is there not enough LEGAL involved?

very true which is why I wasnt to suprised when they broke it up, it was just the tickets I was frustrated about. But as for legal parties being broken up thats just asenin. If everything is legal, then the cops should have no right to do that.
Old March 30th, 2005, 04:09 AM   #63
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

EXACTLY!
I just don't understand. No body goes and breaks up any like rock concerts, and there are plenty o drugs goin on in there. I'd bet i see just as much usage at any concert as i would any rave. It makes me mad that the govt./police are just out to get raves because of what was in the past.
Old March 30th, 2005, 06:01 AM   #64
Phlux
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Phlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLeash
EXACTLY!
I just don't understand. No body goes and breaks up any like rock concerts, and there are plenty o drugs goin on in there. I'd bet i see just as much usage at any concert as i would any rave. It makes me mad that the govt./police are just out to get raves because of what was in the past.

I think this whole thing has more to do with politics then anything else. Politicians want to appear like their tackling "drug issues" in the community so they get their police force to raid a rave and arrest 100 people on drug related charges. Then they can say to the media and their constituents they're being "tough on drugs". So ravers end up being the pawns in their political game, since youth tend to be an easy target, they have no collective voice, they don't really vote and they have no money to challenge the government or the courts. It all comes down to politicians trying to get more votes, who inturn promote police that help them push their agenda further (ie, raiding a rave). Such is the corrupt nature of politics.
Phlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #65
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
Also, it's a good fund raiser. Cops can make money for their city while they "think" they are doing something good and noble by ticketing evil ravers. People are so anal these days. If things were like they are now back in the 30's and 60's jazz and rock n' roll may never have happened.
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #66
octoro
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to octoro Send a message via MSN to octoro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlux
youth tend to be an easy target, they have no collective voice, they don't really vote and they have no money to challenge the government or the courts.

that actually kinda makes me laugh, because in the wake event, while the police were expecting us to pretty much just stand by... we ARE ravers, we're mostly a close knit network, we found lawyers, most of us, but then the ACLU is on our side. we will DEFINITELY be challenging the government in the courts.
octoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #67
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

^^good.

Has anyone ever seen the movie "swing kids"
the whole rave raid situation really reminds me of the movie. Its all about nazi germany and how a lot of the kids of that age were into swing and they went to underground swing parties that always got broken up by the nazi's and alot of them ended up going to jail/concentration camps just for liking swing music. Its remarkably similar.
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:13 PM   #68
upinflames1234
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to upinflames1234
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoro
that actually kinda makes me laugh, because in the wake event, while the police were expecting us to pretty much just stand by... we ARE ravers, we're mostly a close knit network, we found lawyers, most of us, but then the ACLU is on our side. we will DEFINITELY be challenging the government in the courts.

THATS what I like to hear! stick it to the man!
upinflames1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 01:34 AM   #69
waffle
Hullaboarder

^^^ SERIOUSLY!!!

Stand up for yourselves. If you get arrested and or ticketed at a rave for participating in a drug related event or whatever they try to call it, fight back in court unless you are caught on the scene with drugs or under the influence of them. If you are not using, selling, etc., then you should not have to suffer for the fault of others. It isn't just. While this is only my opinion, I believe that if this same kind of case is brought up again and again in court, the politicians and judges will realize that this will not work for much longer as the public will become aware of the fact that innocent people are being prosecuted for crimes that they had nothing to due with. This could then turn the tides and let people come to realize that the rave scene is not what it used to be which will make the politicians no longer look like saints for "cracking down on drugs".
Old March 31st, 2005, 04:00 AM   #70
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

^^true dat
Old March 31st, 2005, 09:21 AM   #71
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
For anyone who hasn't heard yet... Dancesafe.org is hosting this situation on their web forum... for those of you who don't know what Dancesafe is.. it's exactly the same as TRIP in Tdot... cept mostly harm reduction based... regarding drugs.. not so much sex and all that... but they still give out lube and rubbers for those that need em.. ehhehe....

but regardless.. my JAW DROPPED when i saw that this had made it to DANCESAFE... and now the ACLU is involved ... GREAT JOB ravers... i am really glad you had the sense and ability to protect your rights...

Check out Dancesafe @ WWW.Dancesafe.Org

great informational harm reduction site.. for USA based ravers... maybe some world chapters as well.. keep rockin kidz...
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 11:01 AM   #72
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoro

RIGHTEOUS!!!!!!

All the power to you, man!! If there was any way to help, I would... buit I think I'm kinda at a loss there.

PLUR,

Chip
Old March 31st, 2005, 11:06 AM   #73
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
*signed the letter*
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2005, 04:10 PM   #74
chipakapockets
Hullaboarder

Yeah... me six... I signed, too.

Funny... it's on the same website for the petition I signed to have Effexor removed from the market as an anti-depressent and general anxiety disorder medication... that stuff's evil. Evil, evil, evil.

but yeah. I signed that petition. GO TEAM RAVE SUPPORT!!!

PLUR,

Chip
Old April 1st, 2005, 01:21 PM   #75
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
there was a large meeting with the aclu and about 60 plus people this week (i attended), and all i can say (and all im allowed to say, haha) is that flint will probably go down for this. the tickets will be thrown out. ^_^

yeap jen, we're married for real! haha, oh, we have three baby chickens too! (although theyre not that small because they're big enough to be outside in a closed in pen now ^_^ haha, i never thought i'd have chickens... ^_^ )

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~
okidam is offline   Reply With Quote