The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Lost in Space
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:39 AM   #76
lightshow
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to lightshow
The Party was awsome! If you received a plastic glow in the dark pot leaf you met me!

~Life is a waste of time.. time is a waste of life.. so get wasted and have the time of your life~!!!~
Old May 2nd, 2005, 03:58 AM   #77
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightshow
The Party was awsome! If you received a plastic glow in the dark pot leaf you met me!

<-- met you
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:34 AM   #78
Cyber_junglekitty
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Cyber_junglekitty
Talking

Hey libbie^^,I hope you had fun at HULLA! I remember meeting you Saturday night!! in the beginning and gave you a hug goodbye, it was awesome meeting you~!! and everyone else i set out to meet at Hulla,
piercedsparkles-she danced crazily and rocked! and we traded our kandi we made for eachother!! hehe love the smiley face i got on there!!
*~glitter bubbles~*-was awesome to finally meet
raverjilly-Lol! you asked me how my leather skirt was doing a few times hehe! it finally did get sticky >.< near the end of the night from so much dancing and the major crowd.
bonsweetcandie- didnt meet you
snug_bunny-i remember we met in the washroom! and you told me your hulla username and i knew who you were right away!
kandeegirl2-metcha at pizza pizza! that was totally pluralicous! we exchanged awesome kandi, and talked for a bit which was awesome, and talking about our snazzah hair =D!!
Kandikat-Your a really sweet girl and you have so many cool blinky things!!
I also met the birthday girl that night! and jammed with her on her birthday countdown that was plurry!
pyschosis (not sure if i spelt that right) sorry, well i met you as well! and got in 2 pics with ya with my bf and met ya at the premeet when you gave me and my bf Graham nametags and talked for a bit that was awesome.
And anyone i missed sorry! Im pretty sure i got everyone though I had a fabulous time once again! hope to meet most of you again!
*Rainbow hugs!!*

I <33 DJ ehKz ((Grahamagins!!))
Old May 2nd, 2005, 07:40 AM   #79
MrGrey
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MrGrey
One of the greatest and craziest experiences of my life. This wasen't just my first Hulla, but my first rave, and after Lost in Space I can gladly say it wont be my last.

Stood in line before the doors opened with my 4 friends. Thanks to whoever brought the box of Oreos to pass around . Got inside to hear No Frills pump out some bass that made my spine tingle. While Silver 1, Frisky, and Spice played, we all broke out our glowsticking in the back corner. I was suprized that people were very impressed, some even saying we were the best stringers in the whole place.

All of a sudden I hear Boomstick, and was totally pumped up to dance. Sadly, my friends told me they were all tired and wanted to leave, but said I could stay behind and dance enough for all 4 of us. And dance I did, untill the very end. I've never been so exausted in my entire life, and all the sweat made my hair dye run (I looked like I had friggin mutton chops!) My legs still hurt, and my ears still ring. Can someone tell me the name of that track with the vocal that sounds like "This ain't nothin but more hot shit!"?

I was moved by the story about Anabolic. What he does for others by organizing these events is amazing and incredibly admirable.

The breakbeat tracks were unexpected, but I loved the vibe they brought on. D-Minus was also amazing, although I wish he would have played Leave Me Waiting.

Shout outs to all the friendly people I met and danced with (especially the glowsticking girl in the superman shirt, the guy who gave me my first traded candy, and the guy who talked to me about glowsticking.com... sorry I dont remember any names
To the girlie in the superman shirt: Hope you can master those orbitals soon .)

Incredible party. Just Incredible.

Last edited by MrGrey : May 2nd, 2005 at 08:08 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 09:14 AM   #80
FatBlunts
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to FatBlunts
the smoking lineup was horrid. waiting like 10 mins to get outside to smoke a cig. pshh. scott browns set was very disappointing, except his gabber.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:23 AM   #81
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
awesome night one of the best hullas in the past year
i loved the vibe and the music that night
thank you all for being there
it was great meeting snugbunny, kandikat, cyberjunglekittie and her boy, andojo (i spelt that wrong), the girl with the green wig, i forget your name i think you were from pittsburgh, kamehehahe , the guy with the blue lights on his fuzzy red hat with the red fuzzy mittens, shortcake, all the regulars great to see you again!!
much love to the frolics, thanks soomuch
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:40 AM   #82
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
ALright.. it's time to do this...

the night started at Pizza Pizza... i got to meet a bunch of wonderful kids there
Peachfuzz...
KandiKat
MrMe
the two hot lesbian girls
andjo- WE need to get each others numbers... we are like 20 minutes apart
weava

and then on to the party.

I had an amazing night... honestly the best vibe at a hulla yet... for me anyway. I also had newbs which contributed to the craziness... the lineup was great...i enjoyed all the sets.. especially Silver1... i was in awe at his track selection... i just could have died right there an been happy... Scott brown was good... short, and im not a huge fan of gabber.. (please noone hit me) but my bf absolutely loved it. For me, the crowd's hype was way the coolest... they were off the charts.

to the people i met inside...
itsgigglegirl.. FINALLY
neverlandgurl.. FINALLY
LIBBIE... i'm glad you like the squishy thingy.. =)
the mark boy.. yur HAWT =0
Adam.. some random dude that kissed me... i would never have the balls to do that...
happy2btrendy
and MCED.. finally i got to introduce myself to this guy.. =)

um all the regulars... Mr Me, carrie, hiedi, kristen, kandeegirl, sparkles, moondancer, and anyone else i forgot.. i love yall

and to anyone i forgot.. sorry

ALSO.. attn... to whoever got a planet space kandi... i hope you all enjoyed them.. EVERYONE who got one was totally hyped.. i'm glad

one last thing.. WHO Ended up with BIG BLUE SPACE DOG? i left him sitting by the speakers stage left... on the stage... so he could see the rest of the night... i never did find out who ended up getting him..
Kandeegirl was it YOU? i hope so i love you ...

hulla.. you made me so happy.. thank you ..
see you all in april
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:42 AM   #83
FatBlunts
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to FatBlunts
oh yeah. marty mcfly's set was the highlight of my night. the beastie boys track was way better than the original version.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:51 AM   #84
Kamehameha
Hullaboarder

I had the best time ever!! I wish it was friday again!

I had an awesome time meeting everyone.. but im horrible with names.
heres a couple people i can remember kandeegirl, glittery-bubbles, caresib, astralkid, big gay mike (who wants to make babies with me)

thanks to everyone for bringing such a wikkid vibe, and making it an unforgetable night!

~john
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:35 PM   #85
JO-JO
Hullaboarder

I had a REALLY fun evening!!

all the security was really nice, they let my gurls & I use the secret washroom....THANK-GOD for that, the bathrooms were NASTY!!! *puke puke*

I ran into some people who I have not seen in years....I love that at parties!

Grabbed a many guys asses *oh sweet god that was nice* hahahahahahaha

Sweet-E, myself & Natasha attacked people with our booty dance up at the bar.

Met some really kewl peeps at the party

And the best was they sold REV's at this party! MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh and I pulled some guys horns off but glued them back on him again but upside down. *whoops* = )

ANywaz good party all together......ANyone have pic's?

Jo-Ellen
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:37 PM   #86
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
^^^ KYLE i saw him up front and didn't know if you gave him to anyone so i left him but i was gonna take him but i didn't
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:54 PM   #87
*Myrana*
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
I didn't go.. but apparently my apartment was the venue for the after party
lol
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:57 PM   #88
basic
Hullaboarder

Location: Lurking in the bushes outside Chef Boyardee's house
Send a message via MSN to basic
Another Hulla come and gone...

I'm glad to see things winding down as I was starting to notice that having the same lineup at the same venue every few months was starting to lead into all the parties melding into one...

Overall I had quite a good time at LIS. I got there in time to see most of Silver1's set, which was awesome. Then Frisky stepped up on the decks and kept the flow going. Spice came on and while his set was not what I was hoping for, it was still pretty good. He played alot of newer stuff, and I was hoping to hear mainly old anthems from the days of Earth and Mars. Although when he dropped the Braveheart track, I was transported back to the tent outside the bingo hall, at like 7am with everyone going nuts. Nice to relive a Hulla memory that I'll never forget.

After that I mainly just toured around and socialized during Scott Brown/Frolic/Euphonics set. Everything sounded good although I just needed to sit down and rest my legs. Marty McFly was the one musical dissapointment for the night. I guess after the onslaught of about 6 hours straight of hard ass tunes, the breaks just seemed to kill the flow of the night. Too slow and boring and it seemed that alot of people started leaving 10 minutes into his set. He used to always spin in the second room and now I know why - breaks just doesnt fit in the main room of a HHC party. D-Minus came on after that and brought the energy back up.

I stayed until the lights came on, which I havent done since the lights used to come on at 10am. I guess that was in line with busting out my old rave gear - I felt pretty weird wearing it again, it's been so long. I'll wear it to AGT and then its going in the attic for my future kids to laugh at.

Overall this was a good party - it didnt seem to packed despite apparently being overcapacity. As mentioned before though it is sort of becoming the same old same old and so I'm happy that things are winding down. I'll be left with memories that will always be a part of who I am.

Bigups to Saffron and Specialkate for the company throughout the night.

Last edited by basic : May 2nd, 2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 04:52 PM   #89
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
so who has hiM? i am worried..

i am offering a reward for the where abouts of big blue space dog...

HELP
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:03 PM   #90
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
having the smoking area available took a bit of the pressure off the main floor crowdedness although a liquor inspector showed up and sited the OH for overcapacity of THAT (only supposed to have 50 people out there, drinking or not). dumb.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:21 PM   #91
LordX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to LordX
Yeah that is ridiculous.... as if you don’t have enough to worry about planning an event like this......

You should have made an announcement that he was there and was giving you crap... we would have showed him just how aggressively we defend our PLUR.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:38 PM   #92
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBlunts
the smoking lineup was horrid. waiting like 10 mins to get outside to smoke a cig. pshh. scott browns set was very disappointing, except his gabber.
Quote:
oh yeah. marty mcfly's set was the highlight of my night. the beastie boys track was way better than the original version.
Quote:
my first hulla too. i was the kid with the white hat with the rasta flag on the side. i had a fun time, but k makes you very lazy. i found a great corner to sit and dance in the whole night.

All I can say is that it was a HHC party and a Hulla. It lived up to everything a Hulla is expected to be. Everyone should've known what to expect. It was certainly one of my fonder indoor parties I've gone to in a while. But then I like the cheesey parties.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:44 PM   #93
mysticprincess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to mysticprincess Send a message via Yahoo to mysticprincess
Talking

MY First Hulla!!!

WAS FREAKIN AMAZING!!!
i cant belive how much fun i had, the people were awsome, i met a few people, even though i dont remember any of them i got 2 listen to my favoite genera of music with 300 or more people who love it just as much as me! the venue rocked, i liked how you can go up stairs and cool off, and down by the bar that helped alot. the only problem i had was with the bathrooms...eww
Frolic and scott brown were amazing!
i will have pics up tomorrow
Old May 2nd, 2005, 05:49 PM   #94
SkratcH
Hullanewbie

Send a message via MSN to SkratcH
My Review:

I had such an amazing time. This was my first hulla, and I'm seriously considering actually going to the last one. It was such a blast. The best party I have ever been to! Thank you for showing me an amazing time, T-dot! ... p.s: scott brown? You made me cream my pants. ;P
-Meg
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:22 PM   #95
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticprincess

i got 2 listen to my favoite genera of music with 300 or more people who love it just as much as me!

What about the other 550?

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:28 PM   #96
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
my weekend was about as awful as it could get...scott browns amazingness almost made up for it..but not quite...i had to leave at about 4o clock because i am a retard...sorry about that everyone...wont happen again....

my boyfriend and i seriously considered not coming back for the last hulla..not because of hulla...but because of all the shit i have to deal with to make it happen for us....i am glad everyone else had a great time..because i know i didnt
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:29 PM   #97
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Quote:
What about the other 550?

I hate happy hardcore. It sucks and is stupid.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:36 PM   #98
Wric
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Wric
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
my weekend was about as awful as it could get...

....eeep.... sorry about that Carrie.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:44 PM   #99
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
not YOUR fault wric..you guys are awesome...
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:48 PM   #100
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by snug_bunny
hey i meet you! i think it was out in the smoking section!!!!!!!!

haha.. most likely.. what was your name/what were you wearing?