The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Group Hug 2001
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 17th, 2001, 01:14 AM   #76
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
Re: spice?

Quote:
Originally posted by sketchy j
i can't believe you people are getting all excited about Spice. i've seen that guy spin far too many time, and he's a lousy dj. the guy has trouble beatmatching: a lot of his longer mixes are rough (i mean fuck, this should be second nature to anybody who calls themself a "dj"). add to this that his phrasing is just "drop the record wherever" and he puts no thought into his track selection and i have to wonder why people even bother with him.

of course just about any Toronto raver wouldn't know a good dj from an amature if their life depended on it. most only choose their favourite dj based on if he plays their favourite track or not (or how much e they were on when they last saw him). big fucking suprise.

but let me tell you, anybody who thinks Spice is a decent dj has no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

sketchy

Fuck that, spice has fucking amazing track selections, I'm sorry if his mixing skills arn't the greatest, but who the fuck cares? He tries and Pleases those who appreciate real trance and what it can do for a party.

Grow the fuck up jackass, people are allowed to like whatever the hell they want. I happen to love what spice spins, so don't go telling me I am an idiot for doing it.

Go back to Russia fuckhead.
-=Nub=-
Old April 17th, 2001, 09:50 AM   #77
Yeah ME
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Yeah ME
just wanna glowt a bit

I got my ticket i got my ticketi got my ticket I got my ticket i got my ticketi got my ticket I got my ticket i got my ticketi got my ticket.. ok enough...
I haven't been this excited for a party in along time...
I can't wait 3 more sleeps!

Yeah mmmmmmmmmE
Old April 17th, 2001, 11:18 AM   #78
SBTB
Hullaboarder

mmmmmmm capital j missed seeing him at Big Bud didn't happened hopefully i can get tickets to see him there
2 hour set please

is there any kind of out of town policy????? this is not looking good wanna go but no tickets

mel
Old April 17th, 2001, 12:46 PM   #79
JaredTG1
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to JaredTG1 Send a message via AIM to JaredTG1 Send a message via Yahoo to JaredTG1
Hey Hey!! Rochester Krew On the way!! Missing some good hometown Guy Smilee for this!!! Props to him to spin a usual great set... w00t w00t!! Coming from RIT in Rochester, NY .. with a load of friends from all over!! Al hit next weekend in Niagara Falls "New Life Energy" ... aww yea.. http://www.phluxproductions.com !! Hope to see you all there!!!

me: http://raveforever.rh.rit.edu

--Jared
Old April 17th, 2001, 10:04 PM   #80
GlowStickGuy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to GlowStickGuy
I'm missing Guy Smilee too...

Guy Smilee is one of my favorite DJs, but Hulla is phenomenal. Good thing that he's spinning at like 5 or 6 parties coming up with MC Jumper and Salsa Shark too. Flex is also going to be around here a lot in May (can't wait). See you all at Hulla and New Life Energy too. Still trying to get my girlfriend to go to Tecnic 3.
Later,
Dennis

P.S. if you know how to post an image, please let me know... Thanks.
Old April 17th, 2001, 11:58 PM   #81
TheVibeMonkey
Hullaboarder

[img]url[/img]

Old April 18th, 2001, 04:59 PM   #82
mystery_k
Hullanewbie

Does anyone know what time the party starts?? Im comming from pickering and i dont know where to get off the train...or where to go when i get off?? Anyone help please??

pLuR
Kris
Old April 18th, 2001, 05:14 PM   #83
1crazyraver
Banned

Talking

Im not positive but im pretty sure that the doors open at 9pm. And i heard the party is at the opera house which is on queen street i believe. i hope this helps u later. HAPPY HULLABALOO. Ihaven't been to one since funtopia in october so i just cant wait.
GO LEAFS GO
Old April 18th, 2001, 05:34 PM   #84
flyer_boi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to flyer_boi Send a message via AIM to flyer_boi
Talking

party really isnt gonna start till 10. thats when I'll prolly be gettin there.
Old April 19th, 2001, 03:51 PM   #85
HaRdWiReD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HaRdWiReD
Talking Re: Re: spice?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubbie
Quote:
Originally posted by sketchy j
i can't believe you people are getting all excited about Spice. i've seen that guy spin far too many time, and he's a lousy dj. the guy has trouble beatmatching: a lot of his longer mixes are rough (i mean fuck, this should be second nature to anybody who calls themself a "dj"). add to this that his phrasing is just "drop the record wherever" and he puts no thought into his track selection and i have to wonder why people even bother with him.

of course just about any Toronto raver wouldn't know a good dj from an amature if their life depended on it. most only choose their favourite dj based on if he plays their favourite track or not (or how much e they were on when they last saw him). big fucking suprise.

but let me tell you, anybody who thinks Spice is a decent dj has no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

sketchy

Fuck that, spice has fucking amazing track selections, I'm sorry if his mixing skills arn't the greatest, but who the fuck cares? He tries and Pleases those who appreciate real trance and what it can do for a party.

Grow the fuck up jackass, people are allowed to like whatever the hell they want. I happen to love what spice spins, so don't go telling me I am an idiot for doing it.

Go back to Russia fuckhead.
-=Nub=-

Haha, alright Mike, stick it to the guy. Nobody should talk bad about Spice!!.

Raf