The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 11th, 2005, 12:56 PM   #26
stargurl

Send a message via ICQ to stargurl
Whoops, I made a mistake in my review. I went to Warp Factor in 2002.
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:07 PM   #27
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Oh also, i forget who played the ravers anthem, but THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! One of my favorite favorite favorite hardcore tracks.

Last edited by Weaver : July 11th, 2005 at 01:16 PM.
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #28
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
YES!!!! I LOVE the raver's anthem too, and also Just Accept although the irony of that track at that moment wasn't lost on me
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #29
F1SH3 RAVER
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to F1SH3 RAVER
Ok First... This was my first Hulla.... And now, I am pissed....

That I won't be able to have that much fun, and enjoy a vibe as strong as Hullabaloo again.

I was so enthralled by the DJ's and the MC's! I have only dreamed of nights like that one!

Amidst all the Kandi exchanging, I was given a small cow.... with the Hulla logo drawn on his tummy. (Officially named "Hullaba-Moo!)

~{Fisher}~
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #30
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

What a crazy emotional night. There's nothing that I can type out here that will properly do the event juctice. It was simply among the greatest parties ever, and was a very fitting end to the Hullabaloo era.

After a night like that, all I want to do is say thank you.

Thank you first of all to Chris Frolic for starting this whole thing up, for never giving up when it seemed like everyone was against you, for giving me a shot on stage at Funtopia 2 and for booking me all those times afterwards.

Thank you to Tommy aka Silver1, my closest tie to Hullabaloo over the past few years, an inspiration behind the decks, and an incredible friend who I'm happy to have shared these great experienced with.

Thank you to Johane aka moez, who I was able to share so many wonderful Hulla memories with, you truly are the greatest girlfriend a guy could ask for.

Thank you to all the friends I made from the Hulla board way back in 98, many of whom I still consider among my closest friends today.

Thank you most importantly to the Hullabaloo massive, for making those early parties as much fun as they were from a ravers perspective, and for making Hullabaloo my favourite parties to spin at once I started dj'ing. There really is no way to describe what a pleasure it was *every single time* to step up behind those decks.

It was nice to have closure on what was an amazing and intense chapter of my life. Looking back, it's incredible realising just how much of who I am today - my friends, my outlook on life, my passions - were all permanently and seriously affected by the initial decision to attend that very first Hulla of mine in September of 1998.

Pete
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:34 PM   #31
RamblinOn1981
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to RamblinOn1981
My high point of the night....

Most of what I thought about the party has already been said as eloquent or more so than I would say, so I wont waste time....however, something on a slightly more personal note...

I had designated this Hulla as the unofficial end of my raving days. It all started back in 1999, when a friend of mine told me to buy Paul Oakenfold's Tranceport (my first exploration of electronic music), I completely got into it, and she hooked me up with some parties to go to that summer, and that was it...I was totally hooked for years to come. Well, there was one track on that CD that did it...that completely captured my imagination, and showed me that there was this whole new horizon of music yet to be explored...it was "Cafe Del Mar" by Energy 52. Subsonic Chronic spun it in his set on Saturday night...and just like that, for 5 minutes, it was 1999 again. All those feelings...of wide-eyed wonder, of giddy naivete, of knowing that there was so much more to life that I had yet to discover...all of them hitting me in one moment like it hasn't done for years. I couldn't dance...I could just stand there and be awed. It's been said plenty of times in this thread...but there is only one word to describe it....wow.

I don't think there could be a single more appropriate way to end this hugely influential and important aspect of my life.....to come completely full circle and leave on the same high that I entered. It is only now that I realize what I found out in 1999...something that a lot of mourning Hullabaloo ravers should know....that when one part of your life ends, something as good or better is bound to follow.
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:36 PM   #32
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Soju and I cried during heart of gold.
Seriously.
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:51 PM   #33
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
Hujib, elixer/subsonic chronic and spinz made my night. (which is strange, because i used to love anthems, but anthems don't have the same impact when you can't be with your friends singing along.)

RIP Hulla ... you will be missed, and thanks for many years of great music, friends and memories
Old July 11th, 2005, 01:55 PM   #34
EvilSmurfette
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to EvilSmurfette
aMaZiNG..
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #35
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
wow, way better than I could have imagined. I'll write more on that later, but seriously wow.

We got into Toronto just in time, but not early enough to meet up with people at the Eaton Center or anything. I wish I had cause I really wanted to meet some of you before the party. I'm a little disappointed I didn't meet more of you there. I saw Weaver cause of the hat, lol. but nobody else really. Libbie, I had your ring for you too, but I couldn't find you.

I did get to see a bunch of friends though, some I cam with, some I knew would be there, and some totally unexpected. A friend of mine just happened to be in Toronto this weekend on business and heard from a friend that Hullabaloo was going on and went down and got tickets from someone who had extras in line. Holy shit, what are the chances. Philly crew hit it up! We were the ones standing on the railing right behind the dance floor at the end of the night.
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:09 PM   #36
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinOn1981
Well, there was one track on that CD that did it...that completely captured my imagination, and showed me that there was this whole new horizon of music yet to be explored...it was "Cafe Del Mar" by Energy 52.

I had some serious emotional investment in every track I dropped and in everyone that Jory/Elixir played too, I love hearing the stories from other people about those tracks that have special meaning to them.

I was overjoyed to hear that Elixir would be bringing Wizards of the Sonic and that he was going to be playing it at the end of our set. When the two of us used to do tag-team sets back in 1999 and 2000, that one would frequently come out, especially as a closer.

Chicane - Saltwater, off an old Spice mixtape was the unofficial anthem of the crew I hung out with for an amazing summer in 1999.

The Sarah McLaughlin remix always makes me think of my Johane, and speaking with my friend Sarah afterwards made me realise how big of a tune this was to her too.

Goon - Panic was made famous by Madam Zu when she played in Toronto frequently, which was at about the peak of the rave period as far as the number of people out partying.

Cafe Del Mar - Energy 52 always reminds me of the EBF crew and the wacky times we had together.

The Man on the Moon/1998 mix from my first mix tape "Tranceformer" ended up being a huge crowd favourite.

ahhhh... I'm sure I'll be posting in here again. So many fucking awesome memories.
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:11 PM   #37
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
Ok, so i guess it is time to do this. I have been home for less than 24 hours... i am having a hard time keeping myself together... we all talked about the end, and the last hulla... but it wasn't reality until i woke up this morning and turned on the computer to see the giant GOODBYE plastered up on hullaboard... i lost it when that was up on screen... and i'm loosing it all over again... this is crazy... i don't cry about stuff like this.. but i just can't help it...

the entire weekend was nothing short of amazing... the preparty was so much fun. chris's hypnosis show was hilarious... totally... and the 5 pin bowling was a trip. thanks robin for helpin me out... u are a peach...

as for saturday night... i can't even type what needs to be said. this truly defined the essence of raving for so many people. for me, it honestly was a religious experience... i have been raving steadily since 96 ... and a few prior to that... i started WAY too young... and was so naive... i grew up fast in a fast paced scene... and have loved every step... there has never been a party that can or ever will compare to the likes of what we all saw at AGT's...

The dj's rocked OUT!!!! everyones set was amazing... my 3 favorite were Silver1's , b/c his track selection rocks.. and well it being the retirement bit and all... mostly b/c he loves every minute of his set as much as we do... he totally gets down in it... Pete and Elixer did an amazing job... loved to hear that delicious whoopy phonic trance set... u guys did an awesome job... and surely was a highlight of my night... plus pete is SO hot w/ his shirt off!!!! yum... hehe and then of course the set that will go down in history... this better be released in a single format.... Chris.. your history of hullabaloo set is definately my favorite set of my life... nothing could have been better.... i am fucking crying again.. thinking about it... evoking this emotion in people is magic... and u have captured the power... WOW fucking WOW...

to all the friendly ravers that make my life happy... i love and miss all of u so much... there is a big list of people that need to be loved on...

Chris u know what u've done.. and i thank u

Robin is just too sweet to describe... as stated in the "robin frolic is jesus" thread... u have done so many little things to make hulla so much better for me.. and i love talkin to u ... hopefully we can catch up when i get up there this fall....

Tommy you also know what u've done for me... and helping me obtain the things u have is priceless... i will surely never forget u... or anything that u've done for me... u are an awesome guy... thank you!!!!

friendship crew.. esp MoonDancer (kris) 1st, i hope u love ur my little pony... cuz i love u ... u always made coming into hulla AWESOME... and thanks for makin sure i got a copy of Mikes new mix =) i love ya girl... u will be missed FOR SURE>....

all the hulla massive that makes coming to Tdot that much better... lets see if i can list everyone... Rob and Christine, Libbie and Bud, Dallas, Carrie, Heidi, Kristin ( the whole minneapolis massive ) Itsgiggle and Neverlandgurl, Jen and Janic and there cute canadian friend ( u guys made my weekend loved hangin out with u) hrm... i know there are alot more hulla kidz i am missing right now... but u all know who u are.. and i love u all so much... although we may never cross paths again.. u will be forever imbedded in my heart... and i love ya's... forever...

to the mc's... u have always added a special touch to hulla... making it that much better... ED u rock me... u are always so hyped and i love ya bro.. thanks for the hug on the way out... (both of us were sobbing LOL)
Gobbstoppa.. thanks for giving a shout out to my bf's sister for her birthday... that was her 1st party and 1st hulla... and her birthday... she had an amazing night... Kwik u are just HOTT... hehe but u know that.. and ur bit on the mic is great too! =) seeing Flippy mc at hulla is something i have been looking forward to ... and am happy it happened at the last hulla...

Wow.. this post is getting too long... i think that everything has been said that needs to be said... i know as hulla is over... and we all post our final thoughts... there will be less and less of us coming to this board... but remember kids as we all dwindle away... remember hullabaloo... and keep it dear in your hearts... this is something that will never happen again... in history or in our imagination... nothing could have been more perfect... life changing for sure... and i love and thank all of u ONE MORE TIME... for

ALL GOOD THINGS....

PLUR
Old July 11th, 2005, 03:36 PM   #38
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaster
Soju and I cried during heart of gold.
Seriously.

And in true Saffron form I made fun of them for it.

Spent most of my night drinking and going outside for smokes when the bar closed. So many faces I have not seen for so long and probably wont see again. Despite how sour and jaded I am, Hullabaloo was/is special to me. I met a lot of good friends through the hullaboard & at hulla parties, and have a lot of great memories before after and during. I'm pretty glad that will be the last time I need to stay awake all night.... I really am getting old.

Thanks for the memories everyone,

~Saffron
- Thom Yorke
Old July 11th, 2005, 03:37 PM   #39
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

It was an amazing night in every aspect! Met up with old friends, made some new ones, listened to great music, and danced my ASS OFF! What more could one ask for?!?!
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:51 PM   #40
libbie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to libbie Send a message via MSN to libbie
i had an awesome time
we just got home and i'm super tired.....i have alot to say so i'll post later when i have more time and energy.
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #41
louis
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to louis Send a message via MSN to louis
wow it was amazing i first get a blast when i seethe outfit of evryone look like evrybody make there bigest efort for that night...
after i got my secon shock when i see the light system+decoration.. well the night was so great and anabolic almost kill me with his set so much classic that i dint resist to dance.. i also whant to say thank to dj xphox this guy was so greats.. and i hope i dint anoying him with all my question..

sorry if u have some dificulty to understant my threadt i from montreal andi mostly french

plur everyone hope to see u again xx
Old July 12th, 2005, 12:01 AM   #42
KBooBear3
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to KBooBear3 Send a message via Yahoo to KBooBear3
I haven't been to a rave in over a Year but putting the money out for my the crazy trip from OHIO to NEw Jersey to Canada was so worth being there. Nothing will ever compare to AGT.

The only thing is I got bad luck by having the hulla ticket 666. My car broke down on the way Home.
Old July 12th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #43
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
What an excellent night, from start to finish. Best party I've ever been lucky enough to attend, HANDS DOWN.

The sets were all amazing, almost every single person there was awesome, and the vibe was something that could be out of a fiction novel. (Or at least short essay, which I'm in the process of writing now. )

Got in at about 10:15pm, danced my ass off for about a half hour to Silver1's set. Completely amazing tracklisting, which has come to be expected.

Went up to the bar and drank a couple, had a cigarette, then came back in to hear Spinz playing "Concord Dawn - Raining Blood", and nearly shit my pants with joy. Danced my ass off again for his set, which is funny because I normally don't dance to jungle/dnb.

D-minus and frisky completely blew my wig as they normally do.

Didn't really listen to much of elixer and chronics set, as I'm not big into trance, though for most of the time I was giving lightshows to a bunch of people, and liked most of what i heard.

As for frolic.. there are only three words to describe... UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE. Began dancing at around 3:30 after taking a breather from nearly killing myself to everyone elses sets all night long, and didn't stop until the end of Heart of Gold. It was by far the best anthems set I've heard/probably will hear, and nothing will ever compare to the emotions running through me during that two hour time frame.

Shoutouts:

Libbie and Bud - You guys are turning out to be great friends, I'm sorry that we didn't come over on Sunday, but Christina and I wanted to spend our last day together... well.. together.. Wish I could've stopped to see you on our way out of town, but we had to get back to Buffalo so she could catch her flight home..

Kyle and Will - What can I say... it wouldn't have been as great of a time if you guys weren't there. You're a huge part of what made this entire weekend such a great success! Stay excellent, and I wish both of you the best of luck in the future.

Brandy, Corinda, Nick and Sammy D - Again, you're a huge part of the magicalness (isn't a word, i know..:P) of the weekend as well. Can't wait to get back down to Pitts so I can chill with you guys again. Keep the balcony company for me.. :P

Margaret - Even though the ending of your night wasn't as great as the beginning, it was wonderful to see you let loose for a while and just have a good time. Congrats on the MadCow tag, yet again, and keep your decks warm..

Rachel - I'm glad that this party has given you the opportunity to find what lay dormant within you, only needing a spark to ignite the flame already smoldering inside of you. If you keep at it, which I know that you will, you will definitely go onto great things.

Mike and Kyle - You two are great. At first I had a different impression of you, but you've proven to be open minded, accepting, and much different that I had originally anticipated. Stay cool, and make sure to keep Rachel motivated. :P

Timmy - What can I say? You're one of the few people I know will be familiar at every party I'm at, and just your presence helps me, and everyone else relax and have a good time. There really isn't anyone else that can be compared to you or what you do.

Steve and Beener - Glad I was able to (try and... :P) give those tickets to you guys, and that you had a great time. You're both becoming pretty good friends quite quickly, and I hope to hang out with you guys outside of parties again sometime soon.

Erin and Sarah - I'll definitely make sure to bring those gloves next time we party together.. :P. And, even though you were late, and nearly made my heart explode, I'm ecstatic that you guys were able to finally make it and party your asses off. Once again, wouldn't have been the same without you guys there.

Saved the best for last, Christina - I love you, and I'm entirely grateful that we were able to make this Hulla the way the last one SHOULD have been. I see great things for us in the future, and although you may live across the country, it is still only a moment away.

When I look back on the past couple of months since the last hulla, it makes me happy to think that I can call you people my friends. Nothing will ever take the memory away of the times we've spent together so far, and will undoubtedly be spending together in the future. I sit in anxious anticipation for the next time that any or all of us can get together and just hang out. You're all wonderful.

Special thanks goes to all who made Hulla possible, the complete thanks is listed in the other thread..

Those are the big ones, but shoutouts also go to Jackie and Jon, Matt, Louis and the Montreal crew, weaver, kandeegirl2, the UK ravers, justin and jax, ryan and jaz, the entire michigan crew, phil.. and there are many, many more.. but I should wind this post down... lol

In summation, nothing more needs to be said other than an emphatic "amazing". *shakes head in utter disbelief that he was there to experience it*

Sorry for the "too long of a post" post, and I hope to see you all at goodfellaz!
Old July 12th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #44
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
Words cannnot describe how I feel about Hulla.
Only the tears that rolled down my cheeks for 5 hours...
that now after reading some of these reviews, continue to roll down my cheeks.

I have spent 7 and a half years supporting and loving Hullabaloo. From the first time I stepped through the doors at Hullabaloo 3 - Love and Magic -November 22nd 1997 I felt like I truly belonged.

If It were'nt for Hulla, I never would have met about 80% of my closest friends - who were all at the party. I even got to share this last hulla with my boyfriend of 5.5 years

Saturday night was probably the most emotional night of my life.
Midway through D-Minus's set Janine and myself started crying. The tears just kept turning on and off like waterworks for the rest of the night. But that doesn't mean that I didnt have a good time.

All good things was PERFECT. The Lighting was amazing, the Djs were off the hook, the Crowd was Fantastic and the vibe was unreal.

My tears of sadness turned into tears of joy when Dana and myself were presented with Trophys. I was so honored to receive it and don't think I could have been any happier if I had won a million dollars.

I must thank The Friendship crew once again for all your help with everything.
Without you I would have only been able to spell "Gimmie and H" and would have looked quite depressing.
(A Lone cheerleader standing on stage all by myself.)
Not to mention- There would be no one to help me with decorations, no one to set up and hand out whistles, I would have to Hulla-stamp people all by myself and the stuffed animals and other freebies would take me about a half hour to hand out. Thanks guys- I love all of you!

Thankyou to the Hulla ravers...Sorry for crying all over some of you Thanks for all the big hugs and kind words. You truly are the most enthusiastic ravers in the world!

I feel like i can't say it enough: THANKYOU!
Thankyou Chris for starting Hulla. Thankyou for letting me be Captain of the Friendship crew, and Thankyou for all the good memories.
Thankyou Robin for the stress relief and Thankyou for your constant kindness.
You guys are Wonderful!!!

We certainly gave Hulla the send-off it deserved. And now have a lifetime of memories to show for it.

HAPPY HULLABALOO!!!!!!!

Kris*

Last edited by *MoonDancer* : July 12th, 2005 at 01:04 AM.
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:47 PM   #45
evrbrite
Hullaboarder

Chris and Robin....

...Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! I've been so emotional over the end of hulla I didn't know what to say..

...everyone sums things up perfectly!
The DJ's were off the hook....I have this image of Frisky pumping his fist in the air with excitement as he machine gunned another killer track at us burned into my mind....sooo much energy on the decks!

Frolic your set was of coarse soooo emotional....I kept starting to cry as I would look to my left and right and see ravers stomping and singing as hard as they could with tears streaming down their faces...I'll never forget that.

Every set was wonderful and pure bliss....it was great to see Everybodies Daddy all candied up on the mic showing so much emotion....D-minus great job....I wish I had of caught the beginning of Silver1 set but what I caught was great.

The frienship crew...you are all amazing and such an integral part of every hulla...much love and respect to you all.

I'm going to miss the hulla ravers more than anyone can imagine... you all had such a wonderful and positve impact on my life...(you know I got into happy hardcore when I was at a party about 5 years ago and I wanted to buy a Jon the Dentist tape...the guy didn't have one left but said to try this Anabolic Frolic tape because he played a similar style!! Who knew where one vendors lie would lead me!!)

So once again thank you hullabaloo I'll keep everything you taught me close to my heart forever...

I have one interesting keepsake....I got the GET ROCKIN sigh sighed by Frolic and it's just covered in hulla muck......I think I'll frame it just like that....
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:50 PM   #46
evrbrite
Hullaboarder

oh yes and kudos to everyone for looking so great!! The vibe was undescribable.
Old July 12th, 2005, 04:48 PM   #47
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
I can't put into words how special All Good Things was. It was only my second Hulla but I'll never forget either of them. Two of the best expreinces that I've ever had. We got in at about 9:30 I think?

When I heard John Gotti's revenge come on I went nuts! It was the first HHC track I ever heard. It ment the most to me all night. Same with Ravers Anthem (second track I ever heard) Made me soooo happy.

The whole night was amazing. I got to spend it with the love of my life and three of the best people I could ever hope to meet! We are the Cleveland Crew! and being with all of them made it even better for me. Seeing people crying all night was starting to get to me. I hadn't cried at all til I heard Pacific Sun. That track dropped... I lost it!!

God.. I'd love to sit here and type everything I felt that night.. but I'm already crying again..Maybe I'll finish some other time. ='(

<33Mary
To be with you
by your side
<3333
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #48
brandymandycandy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to brandymandycandy Send a message via Yahoo to brandymandycandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachfuzz

Brandy, Corinda, Nick and Sammy D - Again, you're a huge part of the magicalness (isn't a word, i know..:P) of the weekend as well. Can't wait to get back down to Pitts so I can chill with you guys again. Keep the balcony company for me.. :P

OMG I just cried! You too Rob are an important person in my life and to think it's all because of Hulla. Hadn't I ever attended Pacific Sun I don't think I'd have this great friendship that I have with you. Also you and Christina our always welcomed to Corinda and I's apartment...the balcony is always open for a party and I'm sure Corinda and I will be doing something crazy...but this time it won't make me itchy (if ya know what I mean LOL)

I don't have time to write my review but I will soon! I don't remember a lot of names and all but I was the girl passing out the foamy dinosaurs, palm trees, etc. stickers!! So if you remember please send me a shout so I can start piecing pictures and such together...thanks!

Last edited by brandymandycandy : July 12th, 2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #49
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
^^

lol.. that's awesome.. but it sounded really bad. you should re-read that "itchy" part again.. :P
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:46 PM   #50
brandymandycandy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to brandymandycandy Send a message via Yahoo to brandymandycandy
But it sounded so funny! What if I was in some poison ivy...HUH?? LOL