The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > All Good Things - The last ever Hullabaloo
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 12th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #51
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
that it did.. lol..

buuuuut.. i'm putting a disclaimer on that post.. there was definitely no sex or std's involved in their being itchy... :P
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:48 PM   #52
brandymandycandy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brandymandycandy Send a message via Yahoo to brandymandycandy
HAHA!!! Oh snap...that was the best night EVAR!
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #53
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
Smile kandeegirl2's boyfriend has thoughts.

=========================================================
I wasn't going to sign up to post one single message, so I'm posting under hers
=========================================================

Damn...
that's the first thing i can think of.
See, I hadn't been to a party in almost ten years....since 95 or 96 (new years in fact)....had become extremely disillusioned by the fact that the scene in philly seemed to be basically a "how many different chems can i ingest in this time" race.....so i gave up on it.....All I'd been looking for was something to do, a place to have some fun and maybe meet cool people...and that just didn't happen for me really....
Flash forward 9 years or so...
I meet this wonderful, loving kind woman whom i start falling more and more in love with....she's into going to parties, and I'm kind of rolling my eyes a bit at first because I had some pretty negative impressions.....but I learned quick that the scene had changed somewhat....in some places anyway...
She started talking about this wonderful party that happened regularly in toronto, telling me i should really go sometime.
I resisted. Old conceptions die hard, y'know.
So finally the time came that the very last hulla was happening....and jenn bought me a ticket.
I was a bit nervous about all this, trusting her to be making the right decisions, but apprehensive because honestly I don't really dig on too much dance music per se....

but holy crap....am i glad i went.
From getting in on friday and meeting some very wonderful people for dinner (kate and mike and elijah) to the preparty bowling craziness (five pin is killer)...then to mickey flynns and then back to the hotel....crazy fun loving ravers in tow.....jordan, james, will and kyle....you guys are nuts....to run ins with hotel security and fire alarms.....
it got kind of hazy at that point....lack of sleep was kicking in....

saturday was a hell of a lot of fun....met up with an old friend of mine from school....went to the park for a good long time.....then dinner at everest, which was delicious even though our waitress was perpetually confused.....

but shit...this is about the party itself......

I have never ever ever ever been in a space with that much positivity, love and pure joy before....I was very impressed. I'm not the biggest fan of much of the music found at raves....but the vibe was so right....so on...that I really wasn't listening to the music anymore....i wasn't processing it with my brain...i felt it in my heart and in my soul....I was so happy for all the other people who were so happy to be there and happy i was there and happy!
People were off the wall....the temps kept climbing but everyone was smiling...I shared water and had water shared with me....got bracelets from people, traded a few that i had made (first time for that) and got more anyway.....I felt part of a very tight community pretty quickly.....

It was refreshing....very refreshing...I really felt a very pure vibe of love...of fun....

My main problem though is that I'm really really bad with names.....so I'll try to just bust a roll call of all the wonderful people i met....and if i forget to mention you it's not me being mean....but I was just blown away....

the friday night crew knows who they are.
but vanessa and her friends, and dennis who made it up there by the skin of his teeth, and my good friend mtroy who had to leave early, (thanks for the ticket kyle....he really did appreciate it) and all the random people who asked me to take pics....and carrie who i ran into a few times, and kate and mike and going up on stage with jenn and being able to thank chris frolic for putting on something that changed my girlfriend's life (and mine now) ...and......I dunno...it's really hard to separate the great time i had into individual experiences.....not one thing made this great.....everything made it great.....I'm trying to remember who gave me my first bracelet that night and i can't so i feel bad....but hey i have the bracelet right?

My biggest thanks goes to my babers....jenn...or kandeegirl2, or jersey jenn, or however she may be known.....I love you more than anything, and I'll always support you in what you do, and those times I was down on raves/ravers/parties was based on past experiences of irresponsibility and immaturity....but you showed me that the purity of the scene is still there, and was alive and well at hullabaloo.....I felt part of the family even if i was a newbie....and that rocks.....

This was a once in a lifetime experience for me.....I danced like a crazy fool, gave hugs to people, kisses to my girlfriend and smiled all frickin' night.

so thank you to the frolics for doing this....thanks to the crew at hulla for all that love in the air.....and yeah.

and i'm out. and happy hullabaloo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks.

=janic=
Old July 12th, 2005, 05:51 PM   #54
Robin Frolic
Hullabaloo's Mama

you know I got into happy hardcore when I was at a party about 5 years ago and I wanted to buy a Jon the Dentist tape...the guy didn't have one left but said to try this Anabolic Frolic tape because he played a similar style!! Who knew where one vendors lie would lead me!!)

I hear you. My introduction to happy hardcore was when a friend gave me a copy of the original Happy2BHardcore cd ("this sounds like something you'd be into," he said with a bit of a patronizing tone as he gave it to me). I listened to it, fell in love with it, and when I saw "AnabolicF" come into #rave on irc several months later I messaged him. We started chatting and, well, here we are almost eight years later, married with a kid. It's so funny... if my friend hadn't listened to that cd and then passed it my way, I would never have messaged Frolic and we would never have met, fallen in love, gotten married, and had Mr Moo.
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:14 PM   #55
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
^is that before or after that little hotel room seduction thing chris mentioned on stage :P :P :P :P
Old July 12th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #56
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
wow.....and i thought he just had a good time...
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #57
dj frisky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj frisky Send a message via AIM to dj frisky
I don't think there is a single thing that could have been changed about that night to make it any better than it was. The hulla vibe was incredible from Hujib's first track and did not relent until Frolic's encore performance was over. Every dj managed to poignantly sum up all things hullabaloo in their sets, and the crowd responded accordingly. The montage at 3am was awesome and had us all captivated. I feel very
lucky and honored to have been a part of hulla over the years and while it is sad for it to now be over, I am glad it went out with the bang that it did. I can't add much to what has already been said about the party, but a final few thoughts to a few people that made the night happen:

Frolics - Doubtful that we'll ever see the kind of commitment you two put into the scene. I'm sure that the decision wasn't necessarily easy to make to end it all, but you can definitely look back with satisfaction that you made a difference in some way to thousands of people. The emotions that were expressed that night are a true testament to what you guys achieved. Thanks for the support you guys have shown. Congratulations on 8 years of Hulla and all the best in your future endeavours.

D-Minus - No more B2B hardcore sets, but I know that this is not the end.

Silver1 - see retirement post - it's been great sharing the decks with you over the years.

Hujib - big tings a gwaan

Spinz - Hope to run into you again soon - loved your set, despite all the anthems you dropped

Elixir and Subsonic Chronic - I've heard you guys play across the spectrum of trance and you two did a fine job of encapsulating what trance at a hulla meant to me.

All the MCs - I am sure I'll work with some of you again soon but top job indeed!

Friendship crew - often an overlooked part of the hulla experience in my view, but a very important one. It was obvious that this final party meant a lot to most of you. Thanks for all the hard work you lot put into things!

Hulla ravers - you guys are the best in the city if not in the world. I think more than anything that the energy and excitement that you brought to hulla parties is what I will miss most. Thanks for making the night as incredible as it was!
www.hyperstomp.com
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #58
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
Quote:
Originally Posted by evrbrite
I got the GET ROCKIN sigh sighed by Frolic and it's just covered in hulla muck......I think I'll frame it just like that....

Ummm we call it Hulla-ba-goo
heheh

Kris*
Old July 12th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #59
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
I wasn't sure what to expect since this was my first Hulla, so I guess I sorta expected it to be a lot like other parties in which I rock out to the DJs I liked and chill out and talk to some people when there was a DJ on I didn't really like. Well...that didn't happen cause all the DJs we fucking amazing. The only time I'd leave the dancefloor was inbetween the sets to run go to bathroom/get water since there would be a lull in the music and it'd be deafening from everyone's whistles. I've never experienced such neverending energy even into the wee hours of the morning.

Spinz was way better than I expected. I heard jungle tracks I haven't heard in years, stuff I used to jam to with my sister when I was like 12. And there was new shit I'd been buying and rocking out to recently. And the scratching was sweet, although I heard Hujib was scratching with his elbow, I missed it.

All the hardcore DJs awesome. I'd expand on that but everyone has said it, it was expected, and it was emotional, especially for those who hung up the headphones.

Elixer and Subsonic Chronic, I don't really know what to say. I've been a big trance addict for about 10 years, but only ever went to hardcore parties really so I haven't experience much trance in the rave scene itself. Thanks a lot, it was amazing. Track after track I danced to and sang every word. Silence was especially emotional for me.

Honestly, what Hulla meant to me during the entire party was an intense feeling of inspiration. As a DJ and a Promoter it just inspired me to work my hardest and spin the best goddamn sets I can. And to work my hardest and throw the best goddamn parties I can. Chances are they won't be anything compared to the legacy of Hullabaloo, but if we don't try then the point will be lost. Forget the drugs, forget the drama, it's about having a good time, it's about PLUR, and it's about unstoppable fucking energy!
Old July 12th, 2005, 10:29 PM   #60
Robin Frolic
Hullabaloo's Mama

^is that before or after that little hotel room seduction thing chris mentioned on stage :P :P :P :P

Um, that was before. Thankfully, since we met online first and then met in reality, I never had to put my - erm - "little seduction plan" into action. :P Honestly, I fell for him weeks before I ever saw him online, after I saw a picture on his website.

Weasel. I've forgiven him for embarassing me onstage with that little story, but he's still going to get paid back somehow. :P
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:41 PM   #61
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
put a condom on the doorknob!
Old July 13th, 2005, 01:46 AM   #62
NATO
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
I didnt have the chance to make it out for this event, and im really sad and mad that i didnt...I think i speak for many when i say this is truly the end of an era. This makes me really sad for many reasons. 1 being that one of my dreams over the next few years was to make it out to a hulla show. 2 being another one of my dreams to be on that stage along side all of the rest of the hulla crew. 3 being so many djs/mcs have retired after this event. I never had the chance to make it to a hulla event like i already mentioned but i still feel the sadness that everyone else feels. I just feel like i missed out on something, something that has changed the whole hardcore scene as we know it and for that i am grateful.

You know, the first ever happy hardcore cd i had bought was Happy 2b Hardcore chapter 4...there we other cds before that one that i had heard(Vinylgroover: Happy Hardcore Anthems 1 and United Dance vol. 5) and i always said that i wanted to dj ever since those ones but it was the Happy 2b Hardcore 4 mixed by Anabolic Frolic that realy motivated me to get into the scene. I heard Elysium for the first time, Everytime I Close My Eyes, Now Is The Time, Love of my Life, Give Me A Reason, Better Day all for the first time and honestly i wanted to at some point in my life bring all of those tracks plus more classics from the h2bh series together for all of the hulla ravers. When i heard that there was going to be the last ever hulla this year i was heartbroken, i seriously thought why go one with djing(i didnt choose to give up obviously). It brought tears to my eyes to know that one of my dreams wont happen, that something so great has come to end.

Everytime i come back to these forums now i get tears in my eyes just seeing the name "All Good Things"...You see, you guys and gals at hullabaloo didnt just touch the people that went to your parties, you touched everyone that has ever come to this site, that has ever met the djs that have played there...you all kept the norther american hardcore scene alive and kickin for the longest time. I appreciate what you all did here with hardcore, with the parties, with the people. I dont think im alone when i say you have touched us all in some way whether or not we have been to a hulla event.

its hard not to get tears in my eyes from just coming to this website.

a few quotes that i think are fitting...

"Don't stand and stare,
Kick ya legs in the air!"

"See me climb as high as i can go,
Lookin down on people far below,
You can live a secret fantasy,
Take a magic carpet ride with me"

Last but not least...the classic everyone knows and loves and goes ABSOLUTELY INSANE for!

"Open your eyes,
See all the love in me,
I got enough forever,
Don't be afraid,
Take all you need from me,
And we'll be strong together"

Massive respect to the Frolic family and anyone else associated with all of the hullas. The djs, the promoters, the distributers...everyone. Thank you for everything that you have given me, especially the determination to become a dj myself. Thanks...

Maximum Choonage

skatezilla10@yahoo.com
natohardcore.com

Last edited by NATO : July 13th, 2005 at 01:53 AM.
Old July 13th, 2005, 02:38 AM   #63
HardKore_PurpLe
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HardKore_PurpLe Send a message via MSN to HardKore_PurpLe Send a message via Yahoo to HardKore_PurpLe
oh god nato u have just said exactly whuts been in my heart for so long, i feel exactly like u i never got to go to a hulla but it still has changed my life i too came into the scene with hbhc and chapter 4 was the first hhc cd i bought( to this day i still have the orginal cd i bought 6 years ago :0 ) john gotties revenge is the first hhc song i ever heard and still brings a smile to my face and tears to my eyes, love of my life was the first " omg im so happy i wanna cry iv got chills" song , and 6 years later i still feel the same way about it! and even though i never got to go to a hulla, frolic u have changed my life , if it wasnt for u and the h2bh series my best frend would not have found it and later give me a tape of chapter 4 leading me to go buy the cd, also my best frend would not be spinning hhc, this music has truly changed me and i never thought u could feel this way about music, when i think of whut might be if it werent for u frolic for bringing and pushing this music to north america i just want to cry it break s my heart to think of my life without it , and my relationship with my best frend , he and i have become so much closer and have a truely amazing frend ship i know will never end ,and thats in large part to hardcore. And to robin, ur such an amazing person with whut i have seen on these boards and mr.moo's ilve journal, a wonderful mother , and all around great person! ur comments on AGT were so beautiful u have such a way with words, and aslo thank u for always signing my cds when i buy them, and also my frend had u sign my scrap book, and i truly apperciate that , ur signature means as much to me as frolic's ! i wish nothing for the best for you and frolic and lil gavin, he is such a beatutiful child, i see a bright future for him, how could i not with 2 such loving and devoted parents! and to all u hulla boarders u have been so great to me sicne iv been on the boards, and thanx to everyone who offered ways to get me to AGT! big thanx to giggleygirl, u always got my back, hope to hook up with u someday sicne we ae both in cali!

Last edited by HardKore_PurpLe : July 13th, 2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old July 13th, 2005, 04:24 AM   #64
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
The whole weekend was completely amazing....from the drive up there to the drive back, every second was great. The pre-party was of the hook, i met alot of ravers i hadn't had the chance yet to meet, it was great, seeing everyone, the dj's, the mc's and the ravers all together, sociallizing it was crazyness to me but i love it. The show Chris put on was amazing, the people on stage were funny as hell....the bowling up stairs was a blast, though it was hot upstairs i had a great time, i even got better through out the night though that doesn't say much..lol The party was completely insane, the dj's ripped it up with there sets, the mc's were great, and the ravers as always for the majority part were the vibe i have come to love...everyone and everything was just....wow, i am very greatful for being able to be a part of it, nothing will ever amount to being able to hug my idol, get his signature twice and shake his wife's hand...then party with them and hundreds of others that i love...words couldn't describe it

and as for thank you's
....first and for most
Robin and Chris....Frolic, since that first H2BH cd i heard you have had a large part in helping me through life, the ups and downs, moved me in ways i never thought possible, your music, you and your dreams have had such an impact on my life...i couldn't thank you enough for the things you may never even know you did, but thank you...Robin, your part in this as his wife is more than alot of people can imagine...thank you for everything you have had part in

For all other thank you's friends and soforth i will post them in myspace, just so this post is way to long...for those of you who want to see it my name is hardcoresweetness
Old July 13th, 2005, 12:09 PM   #65
babyEjunglist
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to babyEjunglist Send a message via Yahoo to babyEjunglist
A part taken from my pr journal :

Holy fuck.
Thats literally the only thing coming to mind right now.

ok.. well.. this was probably the most emotional thing i've ever experienced at a hulla...
over the years.. hulla has introduced me to so many new friends.. and its a big portion of my partying memories... it was very sad to watch that video.. of the pictures and years gone by.. I feel like I took it for granted.. it was the most amazing thing to see everyones emotions around me.. all staring at the video.. the cheering.. the music.. everything.. it was truly an amazing moment that I will never ever forget.

Leaving was probably the hardest thing i've ever had to do.. I REALLY DIDN"T WANT TO.. I was sooooooooooo tired and everything but.. I was seriously trying so hard not to cry.. I cried in the cab the whole way home tho lol

So to sum it all up

Hullabaloo, thank you for everything. You have gave me memories and friends that I will never ever forget. I hold every party and picture and person and song close to my heart. I sit here typing this and I dont think its really set in.. "its over!''.. nope.. im just not getting it. But I really appreciate the fact that I got to be a part of it. I'd hate to be one of those people who were like "shit I wish I could of been to one of those" ..

To everyone I saw.. I really can't start mentioning names.. way too many people. But you know who you all are. I love you all, you've gave me so many good memories.

Woah.. I really can't believe its over. I can easily say All good things was probably one of the best parties i've ever been to.. let alone a hulla.. best hulla ever no doubt. THe emotion in that place was felt through everyone I think. Even daniel who doesn't like the scene.. said that was one of the best parties he's ever been to.. isn't that amazing!?

So thank you to all of you. Thank you to hullabaloo. It's been so fun. Truly amazing. I wouldn't trade in these memories for anything.

Im going to stop before I cry again lol...

*sigh*.. I really can't believe its over... the years have really gone by haven't they
Old July 13th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #66
dj SPINZ
Hullaboarder

From start to finish the "Vibe" switch was turned on in that place!!

Definitely among the top dj experiences of my career. As always Chris Frolic knows how to set the stage up so that its possible to do your best every time.

First I wanted to say that its been awesome playing for Hulla for the past I don't know how many years. The crowds are the best in the world and although its mainly about the hardcore ... the openmindedness of the crowd (and noise!!) has always made me feel more welcome there than anywhere. To Anabolic Frolic I say it truely was my honor to play at the last Hullabaloo and to be the last jungle dj ever to set foot on your stage.

Big thanks to MC ED for helping fill in for JD who couldn't get back from the UK for this set as well as the one and only FLIPSIDE who came out of rave retirement just for this party and this set.

Also a massive respect to Silver1, Frisky, D-Minus, Subsonic Chronic ... all great guys and great djs who I always try and stick around as long as my legs will hold me just to check out what you guys are doing. As well, a huge thank you to Moondancer who has been at every Hulla I've played always with a smile and a cheerful greeting and infectious positive energy as I'm coming in the door or getting to the stage.

As for the party itself it was truly a flash back to the old days but even better as so many people there had such a huge emotional investment in Hulla. I don't think I saw one person who wasn't smiling, dancing or enjoying themselves times ten. Even though Hullabaloo is over you guys really have to keep that spirit alive! Meeting Moez was great, you're a lucky dude Pete! As well I hear that Squirrely danced for the first time in years during my set ... nice! But where was the miming??

Only disappointments (purely personal) ... Klubmasta Will got there so late!! Would have been nice to see you for the last show. Also pissed i missed Subsonic Chronic rip his shirt off like the hulk and shoot lasers out his hands. And last thing is that I had to be up early the next day and couldn't stick around for Frolic and the Good-bye video.

And I'm spent ...
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:15 PM   #67
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
a huge thank you to you too, spins... for dropping concord dawn - raining blood...

i was just coming in from smoking a cig and i hear the first guitar break in the record, and went absolutely ape shit.. lol. that completely set my mood for the rest of the night.

it was one of the tracks i'd put it the requests section, but never EVER thought i would've heard it played at hulla.. and for that, you sir, are the man..
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:25 PM   #68
*CHIPPY*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *CHIPPY*
Its thrusday now and I have yet to write a review of my night at hulla…..and to be perfectly honest I don’t think I’ll ever be able to write one….words will never do it justice….it was one of the most amazing nights of my life…..hulla is the reason I have 95% of my friends today…if you saw me there you’ll know how special a night it was to me….once donny started to play his last hhc set ever the tears didn’t stop until i got into a cab and went home....the energy and happiness inside the opera house that night was unbelieveable....there will never be another night like that again.

Thank you hulla! The memories will live on forever.
Old July 14th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #69
Busta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Busta Send a message via AIM to Busta
My night started a little stressful. We were in our hotel madly trying to finish our costumes. At some point we realized that it wasn't going to happen so we threw together what we could and went with it. And it seemed to have worked. We looked like Christmas trees all night.

At Hullabaloo it all comes down to the people. I did laps all night around the venue talking with people and I still somehow didn't run into some of you.

I've never seen such positivism. At about 5am I went up the stairs to the bar area and looked down. What I saw was a venue full of tightly packed ravers dancing their butts off. By this time most parties would be clearing out. It was glorious.

I'm going to keep this short. You all were there. You know how it went down. I think the whole night can be summed up by what I saw right after the last song had been played. One raver turned to another and shouted, "That was the best rave ever!" The other shouted back, "On my God, I know!" and they shared a passionate hug.
Old July 14th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #70
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonic Chronic

I was overjoyed to hear that Elixir would be bringing Wizards of the Sonic and that he was going to be playing it at the end of our set. When the two of us used to do tag-team sets back in 1999 and 2000, that one would frequently come out, especially as a closer.

OMG Sean and I lost our minds when he dropped Wizards. I haven't heard that track at a party in years. So amazing

Purerave: Acorn143
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:03 PM   #71
Brandon
Hullaboarder

Okay, I guess I've collected my thoughts enough to try a do up a review.

First some context. When I think about rave culture, two companies spring to mind in terms of their contribution to the Toronto scene. One is Phryl, and the other is of course Hullabaloo. In the fall of 1997 in the space of a couple weeks I attended Phryl's first party (Empire) and the second Hulla (Return of the Vibe). Those were experiences I'd never forget, with Phryl showing that techno and dnb could coexist peacefully at the same party and Hullabaloo! showing that the rave scene was not on life support in the slightest. I attended the same number of Hulla parties as I did Phryl parties and had incredible times at both. As Phryl faded and Hulla continued I would consider the events as a snapshot of the scene's ideals, especially as they came under attack. After Hulla's move to the Opera House I stayed away mostly because of my contempt for the venue after attending a ridiculously overcrowded Ritual event there many moons ago...obviously it was my loss...but Hulla always held a special place in my heart, with its regular events showing that the scene could still be fun.

Flash forward to the end of it all. This party was so sweet it gave me cavities.

Every set was on point. DJ Spinz threw down one of the most memorable jungle sets I've ever had the pleasure of dancing to, and the back to back trance set later on was equally priceless. In the runup to the event I listened and re-listened to all my live Hulla tapes, so I was prepared for the onslaught of happy hardcore from the usual suspects. I was not disappointed in the slightest. Great work all around.

As far as the MC's go, well the most positive thing I can say is that they did not detract from the music at all (I know, blasphemy!!! ). Seriously though, it looked like quite the party onstage as well, which is always good.

It's been a long time since I've felt the 'vibe' on the dancefloor at an event...maybe I had been going to the wrong parties in the intervening years, or maybe the scene's changes had hardened my heart a little bit, but on Saturday all that changed. There I was, surrounded by hundreds of people who were all there, like I was, for one reason - to celebrate Hullabaloo! The purpose-driven feeling of the crowd was something I'll never forget. It shows how integral the concept of unity was to a healthy rave scene.

The video montage and Flipside's tribute speeches pretty much summed everything up for me. "All Good Things" is the best example of a 'fitting end' I've ever seen. Hulla went out the way it went in, with all cylinders firing and everybody's hands in the air.

Hullabaloo's contribution to the scene will never be forgotten. Thank you Anabolic Frolic!
Old July 14th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #72
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busta
My night started a little stressful. We were in our hotel madly trying to finish our costumes. At some point we realized that it wasn't going to happen so we threw together what we could and went with it. And it seemed to have worked. We looked like Christmas trees all night.
your outfits were great! i would have never guessed it was a thrown together project

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
Old July 14th, 2005, 09:48 PM   #73
libbie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to libbie Send a message via MSN to libbie
well it's taken me long enough to post..........................but i've been having a having a horrible life since hulla has ended <-----ironic. it's hard to believe it's over. i had a wonderful time on saturday. so much so that it's hard for me to find words to express it. hulla changed my life in so many ways. i made lasting friendships and i've had moments that i will never forget....not for a million lifetimes.
i had a fucking fantastic time. it felt like it went all too fast. a super huge thanks to all the djs and mcs. awesome job!!!! many of the tracks i was hoping to hear...including my favorite.... were dropped so that was fantastic. everyones outfits looked great and i got some wicked cool pieces of kandi i'm thrilled that i was able to be there to take part in this night. i'll always remember it.
special thanks to
kyle - i luv the squishy lighty up thingy.....again. i hope we'll have a chance to see you guys again. thanks for everything
rob and christina - what can i say....you guys are the best friends i could ever ask for. plus you're absolutly adorable together
rachel - you're somebody very special to me. i'll never forget giving you your fisrst piece of kandi at hulla - look now i've created a monster hahaha! thanx for the awesome outfit sweetie!!!! i <3 it ; )
nick and sammy d - thanx for the ride!!!!!!! i had an awesome weekend and i hope you did too.
the architech- i was looking everywhere for you man.....ask pechfuzz haha. i made you an awesome hemp necklace......i was sad i couldn't get my ring but maybe we'll see each other some other time. sorry hun
jen - it was great seeing you again even though we rilly didn't talk till morning....sorry i never made it to cherry beach. gawd damnit we got lost and were driving all over fucking canada. no sleep + pittsburghers lost in canada = bad combination. drop me a line sometime girlie!
bud - i <3 you baybee. i had the best hullaversary ever! ; ) <3333333333333
and last but not least by any means:
a HUGE HUGE thank you goes out to chris and robin!!!!!!!!!!!
Old July 14th, 2005, 09:49 PM   #74
shadowmanvurt
Hullaboarder
Minigolf Champion! High Score: 86  Miniclip Snake Champion! High Score: 225 

Whew! Reading through all the reviews can be tough. I'll just post a few of my favorite moments.

When Frisky played Children of the Night as his last ever Hulla track. I love that song.

When Gobstoppa told everyone to give away all their kandi. More like yelled at the top of his lungs for everyone to give away all their kandi. That kid is just all energy. This was my first Hulla and my first time seeing Gobstoppa. I gotta say, he made the night for me. He was just intense the whole time.

I absolutely loved when Anabolic dropped Rever's Anthem and MC Jumper got that one person to blow the horn during the "horn's crew don't stop" part. MC Jumper looked so excited that the person was blowing the horn. Also, just being a part of the "whistle posse pump it up" was awesome. There is nothing sweeter then hearing hundreds of whistles all going off at the same time.

Lastly, and I think everyone will agree with me. When Anabolic dropped Eye Opener and the place went nuts. Being in Toronto, ON, in the Opera House at that moment in time and being a part of it...wow, I'll never forget it. Something special.

Thanks to everyone for making the night possible.
Old July 15th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #75
prncsraver
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to prncsraver
hulla was amazing and I am glad I could celebrate the final hulla ever, it was definitely a night to remember. Chris and Robin are so cute together and I love how they are so down to earth and always remember the fans of hulla who support them. I will miss the trips to downtown and preparing to go. The anticipation and excitement was part of the hulla experience! I will mis it for sure! FAREWELL