User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 21st, 2005, 06:57 PM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Favorite parts of the All Good Things recordings.

Not your favorite set, but what are those little moments that really stand out when you hear them.

a couple of my favorite bits from my set (since I'm most familiar with it):

-On "Ordinary People", when mixing down the recordings in the studio I mixed MC E.D's voice louder than Smiley's original lyric, so it sounds like Mike is on the original record. Always get a kick listening to him there.

-On "Don't Cry for Me" there are some anonymous raver voices shouting "Happy hulla" into the mic.

-When Heartbeatz is being mixed in you can hear one girls voice just screaming like a banshee.

-On "Feeling So Real" you can hear Gobstopper invoking the spirit of Chris Farley and yelling "OOHH MY GOODNESS!!"

-On the breakbeats as Raving I'm Raving is being mixed in there's a good flow of MCing from Jumper doing a rhyme and then E.D. picking up right after and flowing with the beats.

-On Silver1's set there's a part that MC E.D. speaks of the best crowd in the world and says "I'm going to miss you hullabaloo". that always chokes me up.

You get the idea, I'm sure you could probably point out these little moments during every song of every DJ, hundreds of them over the night. I can't even imagine another set of recordings ever touching these and what's captured on there.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 05:50 PM   #2
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

I really like the part when he says " I dont care if this sounds lame... but grab the person next to you and fuckin' hug em!!" Or.. something to that effect.. that part is great!
heatheraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 06:59 PM   #3
shadowmanvurt
Hullaboarder
Minigolf Champion! High Score: 86  Miniclip Snake Champion! High Score: 225 

My favorite part is when Gobstopper tells everyone to give ALL their candy away before the night is over. It's at the very end of Frisky's set.

I gave all mine away except one. I was saving it to give to Gobstopper at the end of the night. It said "RAVE G D" on it. When I was taking it off to give to him, it snapped and turned into lots of candy on the floor. Oh well.

Thanks again for a memorable night Frolic.
shadowmanvurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 02:04 PM   #4
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic

-When Heartbeatz is being mixed in you can hear one girls voice just screaming like a banshee.

while i can't be positive, i'm pretty sure that'd be Rita...the girl goes NUTS everytime that song is played

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine
itsgigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 02:33 PM   #5
Hoppapotamus
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Hoppapotamus
hmmm of the top of my head.. After Robin is finished speaking and "I need your lovin" comes on, and the track is just starting and i can remember knowing what song was coming on, and the MC (Im pretty sure it was gobstoppa) said "I need your lovin." I can remember how emotional everyone was on stage when everyone was singing their hearts out

During several of the sing a longs through Frolic's set, while everyone else is singing, you can hear one person yelling .. heh

And before eyeopener came on, and the MC said "are you ready to open your fuckin eyes" (id just got done thinking, when is he going to play eye opener)

Those stick out in my mind, because I remember them happening... They're all during Frolics set though, so ill think of more later
Old September 23rd, 2005, 02:42 PM   #6
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Another of my favorite bits was during "My Way" when the crowd was singing along. I never dropped the volume on it at the time, but the crowd is so loud you can hear all the voices singing overtop.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 08:17 PM   #7
evrbrite
Hullaboarder

the sing along with Children of the night to close Friskys set was incredable.....that place was going NUTS I remember that Frisky and Gobstoppa and the FS crew and who know who else were all upfront on stage going mental...it almost sounds like gobstoppa is a bit choked up when he asks us all the make Friskys last track worth it for him... gobstoppa also asks us to say aloha to Frisky which means hello but also means love at some point during the set...

I also like Flipside's little rhyme that finishes with "this one is for Robin, this one is for Chris, going out to all my happyheads and all my junglists"..I thought that was nice...same with MC Jumpers ode to E'by-gum at the end of Deep Inside during Frolics set

I post more later
If I stop and ask someone "What is a psychedelic?"...they know in their heart it's something that turns you on and gets your brain and mind in a very interesting place- sometimes an uncomfortable place, but a very creative place.

-Sasha Shulgin
evrbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #8
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
disk 2, frolic ... maybe track 2... the mc is talking gives a speech about "7years ago... a man had a dreamm... " and it finishes up saying " and we are living that dream"

there is more to the quote i don't remember right now.. but that little blurb was very moving to me... i suddenly thought of us as the Studio 54 kids of the 70's... living a dream.. as though we would be idolized later in life.. by young teens wanting to have a place as amazing as Hullabaloo...

kids we were all so lucky to be there... i hope everyone realizes that... we're gonna be in history books somewhere... hulla was really something special...

" we are living that dream "
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #9
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatheraloo
I really like the part when he says " I dont care if this sounds lame... but grab the person next to you and fuckin' hug em!!" Or.. something to that effect.. that part is great!
that's something that pete said word for word on the anthems soundtrack...during heart of gold (at least i think it was pete) was there a repeat?

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2005, 04:30 AM   #10
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
repeat... for sure
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2005, 01:14 PM   #11
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

Oh well.. I still really like that part.
heatheraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:27 AM   #12
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Disk two end of track seven: The part where the MC yells "are there any Purto Ricans in the house"... you can hear one guy answer "YEAH... I'm Puerto Rican, I'm Puerto Rican, WHOO!!!"

Wonder if he was really Puerto Rican?...
Snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 11:53 AM   #13
anabolic frolic
Administrator

ha, Jumper's best friend who comes up with him for every party is Peurto Rican. I bit of an inside joke, but pretty funny.
Old September 27th, 2005, 02:16 PM   #14
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
the whistle-along to jon gotti's revenge
hearing Pacific Sun
hearing Ready Or Not
having the very last track i'll ever hear at a hullabaloo be Elysium
Gobstoppa asking what time it is during 4AM and although you cant hear it, i was trying to give him the correct time

regrets:
leaving a few tracks too early
not bringing my allergy/sinus pills with me

This guy will be the entire reason I stop lurking here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
i cant even imagine what goes on inside your head day by day. but whatever it is it must be awesome.
No Typical Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2005, 02:17 PM   #15
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
Quote:
-On "Don't Cry for Me" there are some anonymous raver voices shouting "Happy hulla" into the mic.

you can also hear the female voice shout "pittsburg crew represen!" that should help narrow it down
Old September 27th, 2005, 02:44 PM   #16
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
haha.. i'm guessing that's one of three people then..

libbie, sammy d or brandy..

most likely brandy if she said "pittsburgh crew represent!" lol.
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2005, 03:47 AM   #17
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
i will listen, record my thoughts accordingly..and get back to you all soon
but i can remember off the top of my head
when frolic plays everytime i close my eyes...that is when i realized that hulla was really gunna be over, when she sings about memories and all the nights we spent together, that is when i lost it and started crying that night, and it always chokes me up a little when i hear it...more later..
Old September 30th, 2005, 04:37 AM   #18
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
Wow, what a night...

some of my highlights of just the recordings not anything else...

I'll go in order...

mced's shout to us clevelanders during hujib's set. it was great because we were at the reel jerk with them before hand and we told him to shout to us and he said that he'd never remember so we had to write it on a napkin to remind him. funny

hearing gotti's revenge during silver1's set, the whistles OH MY GOD THE WHISTLES!
also the fact that if you listen really closely you can hear me and anthony telling mike what a horrible job he did and that he should try again. And of course the bearf*cker part

spinz entire set was amazing. some great scratching in there. ready or not, lighta friggin aye it was a good set. highlight for me was when flipside and mike got down on the floor by us it was our own personal show. Also my wife got to go up on stage and dance a bit. not that you could hear that on the recording but cool none the less.

frisky. OH MY GOD! okay, craziness.
I guess to narrow it down it was like this
discoland what freakin awesomeness. Then mr. gobstoppa pete giving me some shouts during don't go away.
And then when he asked ME what time it was during 4am. What a great track by the way.
and last but not least children of the night singalong

anabolic highlights.
I was blown away by how much the mc's were just into it. You could tell that they were all just digging deep and putting it all out there. You could really hear the passion in there voices it gave me chills.
steam train-Oh my god i flipped. what a track
also dreadland got dropped wicked ness. The insanity of the singalongs
the ordinary people rap. the whole set was just so nonstop craziness. There's just too many to go and point out, its like every song had a moment and that moment was just so intense that nothing else really mattered. I was actually just listening to these today at work, still blows my mind.
peace
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #19
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Quote:

-On "Ordinary People", when mixing down the recordings in the studio I mixed MC E.D's voice louder than Smiley's original lyric, so it sounds like Mike is on the original record. Always get a kick listening to him there.

I've had 5 or 6 people congratulate me for getting featured on a record, 'cos apparently Smilee & I sound similar!

Still yet to hear the CD packs though...

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Everybodies_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2005, 02:14 AM   #20
FuzzyTrixx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to FuzzyTrixx Send a message via MSN to FuzzyTrixx Send a message via Yahoo to FuzzyTrixx
I would probably have a bunch of favorite parts if i had actually recieved my copy!!(growls) I still haven't got mine! I tried to email you couple times in the past few weeks frolic but you must be busy because i haven't go a reply since you last told me to give it another week. I'm not really angry lol. I just really really really wanna listen to it! Hope to hear from you soon.

Trixx
FuzzyTrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2005, 03:21 AM   #21
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
...listening right now and came accross another favorite part: Anabolic Frolic, disk two, track five at 155 seconds.

What do you call it when the MC just goes crazy like this? Is it freestyling? Who's the MC at this point? The synergy with the music is perfect.

I can't imagine happy hardcore without a good MC, and the more I listen to these disks, the more I love it. MCs just add so much energy and life to a party.

PS: Happy B-day Frolic!
Snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2005, 06:04 AM   #22
4real
Hullaboarder

When Chris dropped your my angel
4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2005, 07:09 AM   #23
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

here's a part we should all hold dear, Hujib's entire set! honestly this guy isn't getting enough credit at all. the track selection and mixing between new and old is fucking amazing. probably one of my favorite live sets i own right now. big ups hujib. for real
Old October 1st, 2005, 12:24 PM   #24
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyTrixx
I would probably have a bunch of favorite parts if i had actually recieved my copy!!(growls) I still haven't got mine! I tried to email you couple times in the past few weeks frolic but you must be busy because i haven't go a reply since you last told me to give it another week. I'm not really angry lol. I just really really really wanna listen to it! Hope to hear from you soon.

Trixx

I cad a catastrophic hard drive failure recently which I'm still recovering from. I haven't been able to access my email in weeks.

Funnily enough though, your box was just returned to me yesterday. According to the information from the post office, did you move? Send me a PM on the board here with your current address.
Old October 1st, 2005, 02:27 PM   #25
Hoppapotamus
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Hoppapotamus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareSieB
i will listen, record my thoughts accordingly..and get back to you all soon
but i can remember off the top of my head
when frolic plays everytime i close my eyes...that is when i realized that hulla was really gunna be over, when she sings about memories and all the nights we spent together, that is when i lost it and started crying that night, and it always chokes me up a little when i hear it...more later..

yeah, that song has always made me feel warm and fuzzy inside
Hoppapotamus is offline   Reply With Quote