Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old February 7th, 2006, 06:44 PM   #1
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
13 year old Quebec girl dies after taking E

RIGAUD, Que. (CP) - A 13-year-old girl who went into a coma after apparently experimenting with the drug ecstasy has died, Quebec provincial police said Tuesday

The girl, who had been on life support since the incident late last week, died Monday, said police spokesman Marc Butz. Butz would not comment on reports a 16-year-old boy has been arrested and charged with drug trafficking.

Butz said a judge had imposed a publication ban on information about the case.

Provincial police say the 13-year-old teen from Rigaud, west of Montreal, and a 14-year-old friend were at a sleepover when they went to the home of an older acquaintance to allegedly obtain the drug.

After they returned to the 14-year-old's home, the youngest teen began to feel ill and had trouble breathing.

An ambulance was called and she was taken to the hospital, where her condition deteriorated

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/2006...na/ecstasy_coma

- Wow, I don't know what to say, poor girl,
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #2
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
WOW....i really wish there were more details...hard to believe it was just E
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:29 AM   #3
itsgigglegirl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to itsgigglegirl
it generally isn't "just E" (at least in the stories i've read)...there's usually other things that go into it (e.g. drinking alcohol, other drugs) but ecstasy is a great place for blame when these sorts of things happen...

it's still a tragedy, that's for sure...13 and doing hard drugs...not cool...

You can't miss me, I'm the girl with the smile

Shake like an earthquake, and cut like a guillotine

Last edited by itsgigglegirl : February 8th, 2006 at 02:31 AM.
itsgigglegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:34 AM   #4
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Always a sad thing to hear.

At the end of the day no one will know what exactly caused this. The coroner will test for mdma, which they'll probably find trace amounts of and call it an "ecstacy related death". There's no magic test to show all drugs in her body without specifically testing for them.

Stories like this used to scare the crap out of me when I was still promoting, cause these 1 in a million incidents can happen at any time. No matter what the odds or cause, someone is still dead.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 05:42 AM   #5
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
drugzrbad

This guy will be the entire reason I stop lurking here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
i cant even imagine what goes on inside your head day by day. but whatever it is it must be awesome.
No Typical Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 05:48 AM   #6
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
agr33d
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #7
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
wow rigaud is where janics mom is from. i was there over the holidays....interesting...not much to do there....
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:08 PM   #8
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
geez, whenever I see like 14 year olds at underground parties it scares the shit out of me. this is the reason I try to keep my parties 18+ as much as I'd rather not seclude age groups from the scene, I really don't think kids that young are capable of being responsible enough around the amount of drugs that go around.
the architech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:14 PM   #9
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
whenever i see 14 year olds at parties i punch them in the face and say "FEEL LIKE A BIG PERSON NOW!? YEAH HOW DO YOU LIKE LIFE!!!!!?"
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #10
the architech
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to the architech
I'm sure you do
the architech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 01:33 PM   #11
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

its the only way
Old February 9th, 2006, 05:18 PM   #12
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
14 year olds don't need to be at parties. i have a few friends that say well i started when i was 13, 14 etc. im like 'great". no offense but im super happy i didnt find the scene til i was 21. my body was done maturing, my brain was done maturing and i was an adult and making adult decisions.
i think 18 is a good age to start but 14 no way.
kandeegirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #13
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
i was 13... summer of 96... went to my 1st rave...

everything was ok for me... although i totally agree that it is way to young to make rational decisions about drug usage... and that i'm lucky i'm not dead... thank that to a little education by dancesafe and a little on my own... also a good group of scene celebs to guide me through...

16+ is a fair age i think
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 06:53 AM   #14
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Typical Raver
whenever i see 14 year olds at parties i punch them in the face and say "FEEL LIKE A BIG PERSON NOW!? YEAH HOW DO YOU LIKE LIFE!!!!!?"

i felt this needed to be said again.
Old February 10th, 2006, 03:03 PM   #15
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
haha... i was never that stupid kid though.. noone knew i was that young.. i've always been tall and more mature looking...
however had anyone ever hit me in the face.. i would have beat them w/ my dancing shoes...
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 03:15 PM   #16
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylefabulous
haha... i was never that stupid kid though...
GOOD. i cant stand people who walk around saying "OH MAN DUDE I'M LIKE SO FUCKED UP RIGHT NOW"

YEAH DUMBASS. WE CAN TELL. *facepunch*

i'd hate to ever have to punch a fellow raver in the face ya know? unless it was some junglist nazi hatin on the kandi kids (WEMF quote of the decade: "fuck you jungle nazi dyke bitch!...and then i ran" - some f'd up raver)
Old February 11th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #17
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Gawd, I wasn't even allowed at a Much Music Dance party at 14 years old.
Snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #18
xRaVeRx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to xRaVeRx Send a message via MSN to xRaVeRx
wow...jus, wow!
Old February 12th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #19
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
this is why i don't do drugs.
Old February 13th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #20
astralkid
Hullaboarder

My guess is she took alcohol or it is bc of all the junk(meth, etc) they are putting in pills these days...

My guess.
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 01:56 AM   #21
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

I wouldn't be surprised if she also had a previous medical condition. Thousands take E each weekend without problems. I'm sure there's just as many people if not more killed from Tylenol.
Snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #22
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

http://www.hon.ch/News/HSN/518189.html
Over-the-Counter Drugs Aren't Risk-Free
Acetaminophen, anti-inflammatory medications can be hazardous if not taken correctly
By Karen Pallarito
HealthDay Reporter

As many as 100 people die each year and 13,000 land in the emergency room as a result of unintentional overdoses of acetaminophen, FDA statistics show.

Aleve, which contains naproxen sodium, and products like Advil and Motrin, which contain ibuprofen, are common types of NSAIDs. So is aspirin. All are staples of medicine cabinets across America and are used by more than 30 million Americans each day.

While generally safe when used as directed, NSAIDs can cause stomach bleeding in some people, particularly those over 60 who have a history of stomach bleeding or are taking prescription blood thinners or steroids, the FDA cautions.

More than 16,500 people in the United States die and 103,000 are hospitalized from serious side effects of NSAIDs each year, statistics show. Yet many Americans don't realize the risks involved.

*Everything is a drug* *Anything can be harmful to you* *I heard if you drink water from a plastic bottle that has been frozen you will get cancer* *Any "drug" can be fine...as long as its in moderation*
heatheraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2006, 12:40 PM   #23
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatheraloo
http://www.hon.ch/News/HSN/518189.html
Over-the-Counter Drugs Aren't Risk-Free
Acetaminophen, anti-inflammatory medications can be hazardous if not taken correctly
By Karen Pallarito
HealthDay Reporter

As many as 100 people die each year and 13,000 land in the emergency room as a result of unintentional overdoses of acetaminophen, FDA statistics show.

Aleve, which contains naproxen sodium, and products like Advil and Motrin, which contain ibuprofen, are common types of NSAIDs. So is aspirin. All are staples of medicine cabinets across America and are used by more than 30 million Americans each day.

While generally safe when used as directed, NSAIDs can cause stomach bleeding in some people, particularly those over 60 who have a history of stomach bleeding or are taking prescription blood thinners or steroids, the FDA cautions.

More than 16,500 people in the United States die and 103,000 are hospitalized from serious side effects of NSAIDs each year, statistics show. Yet many Americans don't realize the risks involved.

*Everything is a drug* *Anything can be harmful to you* *I heard if you drink water from a plastic bottle that has been frozen you will get cancer* *Any "drug" can be fine...as long as its in moderation*

thats just common sense. moderation and playing it safe is key
Old February 14th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #24
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

Some find it less "common" than others.

PLUR makes my privates tingle
heatheraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #25
dopeamine
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to dopeamine Send a message via AIM to dopeamine Send a message via MSN to dopeamine Send a message via Yahoo to dopeamine
This is so sad. Did anybody catch the followup story about her 16 year old boyfriend?

Apparently he was arraigned on an obscene number of charges, most of which he pled giulty to in order for the court to drop some of the more serious ones.

Now the poor kid is a convicted drug trafficer and sex offender at the ripe old age of 16, all for having contact with and giving a pill to his 3-years-younger girlfriend. He has not been sentenced yet.

As if one young life riuned was not enough, now the police have decided it was best to destroy another for a simple oversight.

Anyone ever see the comparison of deaths where MDMA was the only drug consumed to the number of deaths annually from allergic reactions to asprin? Or peanuts? The NSAID and tubor (it is NOT a nut) don't compare favorably.

Nobody goes to jail for giving someone a fatal peanut, nor is planters blamed for the death. Bayer gets off scott free on all the NSAID deaths.

Deaths normally attributed to MDMA are often attributable to overheating due to dehydration or polydrug mixes, but it is likely although not well established that there exists a very small number of people with a drug allergy to MDMA.

And a 16 year old boy now has to do time and be branded a felon for life, possibly because of this girl's irresponsibility or allergy.

Our leadership is really in a sad state of affairs.
dopeamine is offline   Reply With Quote