Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 7th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #26
DJLeash
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to DJLeash
I think the difference is that asprin, peanuts and all that are perfectly fine and legal.
Ecstasy, however is not.
or
www.myspace.com/djleash
DJLeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 01:41 PM   #27
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
man i love peanut butter

This guy will be the entire reason I stop lurking here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
i cant even imagine what goes on inside your head day by day. but whatever it is it must be awesome.
No Typical Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 02:26 PM   #28
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

And why the fuck isnt it legal? Here guys, have some tobacco filled with rat poison and who knows what other man-made chemicals so it can slowly kill you. But dont have ecstasy; it has man-made chemicals and may kill you one day. Wait, what?

So whats the difference here?!? I'm 'dying' to know....

PLUR makes my privates tingle
heatheraloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #29
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

no takers?? Or is it too rediculous to answer??
Old March 8th, 2006, 01:12 PM   #30
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
because ecstacy is made by terrorists not good natured people of a democratic nation....at least thats the answer G.W. would give you
Old March 8th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #31
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
haha... i've been trying to ignore the existance of this thread...

one thing i'd like to say is that in it's pure form ( i know those pills weren't pure ) MDMA has no toxicity level... meaning it cannot on it's own become neurotoxic... therefore it is VERY likely that there were other factors involved... as many of you have already said!

on a second note... in response to Heatheraloo... i find legalizing ecstasy is a bit unlikely... there are no doubt radical short and long term effects from taking MDMA... including a definate supression of the function of seratonin in your nerve synapse...

i just don't think legalizing any substance like MDMA is a good plan, making it widely available to the ignorant public... a controlled substance it shall remain... i think the penalities need to change... and i think that the harm reduction/education effort is the more realistic effort to managing those who STILL choose to indulge themselves...
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 03:08 PM   #32
NATO
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatheraloo
And why the fuck isnt it legal? Here guys, have some tobacco filled with rat poison and who knows what other man-made chemicals so it can slowly kill you. But dont have ecstasy; it has man-made chemicals and may kill you one day. Wait, what?

So whats the difference here?!? I'm 'dying' to know....

Its because the government cant make money off of the substance. The government however can make money off of alcohol and tobacco.

Maximum Choonage

skatezilla10@yahoo.com
natohardcore.com
NATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 03:24 PM   #33
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

Unless they made it legal, then they could tax it.

I do agree though that it is extremely unlikely it WILL ever become legal. But I mean, no one can tell you if you can ink yourself up with a tat right? no one can tell you who you can love, right? So where's the difference? Why is there a double standard with drugs; including marijuana? Actually marijuana use has declined in societies where it is legal. What does this say about the American 'war on drugs' and the governments approach on the situation? Obviously that is failing.

Whoops.. going off subject here

but... someday marijuana will be legal... in my lifetime Im sure.. anyone agree... disagree? what is your stance?
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #34
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Yep the govt doesn't really care about the general public'a health anways... I mean come on what they do this if they cared about the health of the public:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060309...e/food_warnings
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #35
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Cash Rules Everything Around Me
C.r.e.a.m.
Get The Money
Dolla Dolla Billz Y'all
Old March 10th, 2006, 08:51 AM   #36
tr0unce
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to tr0unce Send a message via Yahoo to tr0unce
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatheraloo
http://www.hon.ch/News/HSN/518189.html
Over-the-Counter Drugs Aren't Risk-Free
Acetaminophen, anti-inflammatory medications can be hazardous if not taken correctly
By Karen Pallarito
HealthDay Reporter

As many as 100 people die each year and 13,000 land in the emergency room as a result of unintentional overdoses of acetaminophen, FDA statistics show.

Aleve, which contains naproxen sodium, and products like Advil and Motrin, which contain ibuprofen, are common types of NSAIDs. So is aspirin. All are staples of medicine cabinets across America and are used by more than 30 million Americans each day.

While generally safe when used as directed, NSAIDs can cause stomach bleeding in some people, particularly those over 60 who have a history of stomach bleeding or are taking prescription blood thinners or steroids, the FDA cautions.

More than 16,500 people in the United States die and 103,000 are hospitalized from serious side effects of NSAIDs each year, statistics show. Yet many Americans don't realize the risks involved.

*Everything is a drug* *Anything can be harmful to you* *I heard if you drink water from a plastic bottle that has been frozen you will get cancer* *Any "drug" can be fine...as long as its in moderation*

I take naproxen sodium for my knee. And I haven't had any problems with it, but then again, I only take it when I absolutely need too, and I don't overdose on it. Also it is hard to believe that this girl was only on ecstasy... In ecstasy related deaths... there's always something else involved.
tr0unce is offline   Reply With Quote