I Was Right!!

Hahaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Win!
Old June 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM   #128
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
this makes me very happy in the pants!!

frolic for prez!! even though he's canadian, we'll amend the constitution or something.
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #129
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Hope everyone has been enjoying the sets so far. For next weeks I have a WHOPPER of a set to go online. It'll be posted around August 9th.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM   #130
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
w00t!

This guy will be the entire reason I stop lurking here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
i cant even imagine what goes on inside your head day by day. but whatever it is it must be awesome.
No Typical Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #131
w_ashley
Hullanewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
There's probably lots said about it on the forums here, but the Readers Digest version is after 5 years of being a partner in WEMF (1998 - 2002 inclusive) destiny ended up stiffing me on payment for our stage in 2002. Thousands of dollars is left unpaid. Things got ugly as time went on, but at the end of the day I'm the guy who's owed money to.

It's kind of like if you loaned a friend some money, and then they decided they didn't need to pay you back and you're the asshole for demanding it.

The bright side was we got out at a time when wemf was still in it's glory days and the Hulla stage was a prime attraction of the event with a huge production budget behind it (instead of some little side stage). Things have reportedly gone downhill since, so I'm not bothered about not being there.

To this day we don't allow any promotion of destiny events on this site, so that's why except for the occasional discussion there are no party details posted here for them.

That definately sucks, so not really good to bring it back up, but IMO it is a loss to both hulla and destiny NOT to combine for the WEMF party.

Although you obviously have your reasons, and perhaps a bad vibe because of the memory and bad contract situation, I would ask that it is reconsidered, if at all posible, even as a smaller private renegade stage or otherwise, unless it is wholely unworkable and out of the question due to safety reasons.

Although I'm not too involved (if even at all) in either of the events, I cherish my memories of the two, I've never really taken the chance to spend enough time at a hulla wemf stage and it is something I almost regret from 2002..

2002 was a weird circumstance, and I'm not going to promote destiny events on your sight.. but atleast for me I know that this coming years wemf if it occcurs will not be as good as it could be with the absence of a hulla stage. I know that there has been hard sound in hulla's absence but what hulla has to offer is something that is worth appearing for.

So as someone that values both hulla and destiny I strongly recommend that you involve hulla in destiny, and put the music before past issues. Even if you don't put a huge production budget at all into it, but do it as a volunteer basis or as a demo contest for an up and coming hhc dj thing or something or anything... I think that the event can only be better with hulla and you there.
I had a terrible wemf 2002/3 or so.. I mean terrible.. I left walking home coughing up blood... then following was in jail... and unable to go.. but i finally made it back this past summer and although I ended up paying for VIP to go swimming on the friday (err dunking anyway) it was a really good experience.. there was HHC there.. and some good HHC at that.. (and I got my flashlight nicked in the HHC room....) but it could be even better with hulla there.

there could be countless ways to reconcile.. .. it may be bad blood.. but for the sake of both namesakes.. my honest opinion in my (limited knowledge of the situation) is that it is only a loss to both parties not to be counter involved.

division of the music scene does nobody good. (but I think it is important to add this is my personal opinion and does not necisarioly hold any tangible realness in the greater reality of the universe.. but it could)

how much do they owe you... ??? I'd start paying it to you in monthly installments of $9.99 .. or even $12.99

Last edited by w_ashley : November 16th, 2006 at 01:11 AM. Reason: payback incentive
w_ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #132
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
Hulla/Frolic will never work with Destiny again

and they owe him enough from what I understand

and its only a loss to destiny for the two to not work together
Old November 21st, 2006, 04:45 PM   #133
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
Quote:
Originally Posted by w_ashley
That definately sucks, so not really good to bring it back up, but IMO it is a loss to both hulla and destiny NOT to combine for the WEMF party.
i'm not going to quote the whole post for space reasons, nor will i give a big reply due to the fact I don't know the entire situation, nor both sides of the story.

I think it is pretty safe to say Hullabaloo & Destiny will never be associated with one another again. Ever. From general understanding, Destiny owes Hullabaloo literally thousands upon thousands of dollars. WEMF events are hardly cheap to produce, and each stage takes a lot more money than one may imagine to put on.

When individuals have to put their own money out on the line, they are taking away from their personal life to do so. When that money doesn't get paid back, they not only suffer in their business, but also in their own day to day life. That is unfair.

-----------

Now, here's my personal opinion and thoughts on your post...

Quote:
Although you obviously have your reasons, and perhaps a bad vibe because of the memory and bad contract situation, I would ask that it is reconsidered, if at all posible,
never possible. bad vibes, contract situation, whatever.. not happening.
what many don't understand, is that raves are a business and should be treated as such for the promoters. At the end of the day, money is money. You don't continue doing business with someone when they are screwing you out of your livelyhood. It may suck, but the world revolves around money. Peace, Love, Unity and Respect are thrown out the door in real life. They are only fantasies when it comes down to reality.

Quote:
even as a smaller private renegade stage or otherwise, unless it is wholely unworkable and out of the question due to safety reasons.
safety is one concern.
but, the main thing would be the fact that renegade stages get no money in the door outside of donations from those who come by. I have never EVER heard of anyone every recieving anything even remotely reasonable for throwing a renegade stage.

How can you expect a company that is used to throwing events for 700-4000 people all of a sudden drop their drawers and throw a free event, at 1/10th the size of their smallest ever. It won't happen.

Quote:

Although I'm not too involved (if even at all) in either of the events, I cherish my memories of the two, I've never really taken the chance to spend enough time at a hulla wemf stage and it is something I almost regret from 2002..
unfortunately that's all it will ever be now. Asking someone who is now retired to come back for the personal enjoyment of themselves is a far fetched idea.

not to mention, work with someone they have basically sworn off even talking about.
Quote:

2002 was a weird circumstance, and I'm not going to promote destiny events on your sight.. but atleast for me I know that this coming years wemf if it occcurs will not be as good as it could be with the absence of a hulla stage.
time change. so do events.
Hulla had it's time with WEMF.
so did many other stages. Many of which are now gone, and have been for years. It's part of evolution.

Now, the Goodfellaz are taking care of the hardcore stage (or so it seems). Maybe if you'd like to see something, you can talk to them. I'm sure they would be glad to listen and take your opinion into mind.
Quote:
I know that there has been hard sound in hulla's absence but what hulla has to offer is something that is worth appearing for.
again.. You're best to talk to the Goodfellaz or even shoot an email to Destiny. Ask Destiny what happened.

If you're so concerned about seeing Hulla back with WEMF, maybe the best place to start is to have Destiny repay their debt.
Quote:

So as someone that values both hulla and destiny I strongly recommend that you involve hulla in destiny, and put the music before past issues.
Again.
You're posting from a fantasy world.
At the end of the day, business is business. Money is money. If there's no money coming in the door to compensate for that going out, then it's not going to keep happening. When you're broke on the street, the magical rave fairy isn't going to come and put food in your mouth, shelter over your head and clothes on your back.
Quote:
Even if you don't put a huge production budget at all into it, but do it as a volunteer basis or as a demo contest for an up and coming hhc dj thing or something or anything...
if you think it's so easy, why not do it yourself?
Renegade stages are open to everyone and anyone to throw.
Find out what it takes. I've done it and know the ins and outs.
Would I do it again?.... maybe, but probably not.

Find out how much money, planning, co-ordination, and VERY VERY long nights it takes even before the event happens. Find out how stressful it is AT the event to make sure everything is going to happen on time, everything will be done properly, and that nothing bad happens.

There's SO much more involved than you could even imagine.
Quote:
I think that the event can only be better with hulla and you there.
Maybe so, but again... it's past history now.
Why not form something yourself and improve it in your own unique way?
Quote:

I had a terrible wemf 2002/3 or so.. I mean terrible.. I left walking home coughing up blood... then following was in jail... and unable to go..
I don't want to stereotype here, but with problems like that in the past, how do you expect Hulla's to change that?

Also, why would you mention these things in your argument/plea? Noting that you were in jail will gain you no browning points nor respect. Obviously you did something wrong to end up there.
Quote:

but i finally made it back this past summer and although I ended up paying for VIP to go swimming on the friday (err dunking anyway) it was a really good experience..
again.. why mention this?
earlier you said it was all about the music and not other things.
Now you mention swimming..

How would that ever relate to Hulla at WEMF?
Quote:

there was HHC there.. and some good HHC at that..
great! why not build on that with your own stage, or find out how you can help in the future to improve things..

Begging someone to return that already is retired (and has a sour taste in their mouth) isn't going to do much but agitate things more.
Quote:
(and I got my flashlight nicked in the HHC room....) but it could be even better with hulla there.
No matter what the HHC promoter, it wouldn't have changed having your flashlight stolen. Hullabaloo, Goodfellaz, Destiny, ANYONE.. that's the people that were there, not the promoters.

You should definately be more aware of the fact that this world is cruel. Things will get stolen in the best of places as you may think. It's a cardinal rule not to leave ANYTHING ANYWHERE at WEMF. It will get stolen. Tents get broken into.. cars... broken into.. it happens.

Any argument that Hullabaloo would make this all go away is a joke.
The presense of Hullabaloo hardly makes bad things go away. They themselves have had their fair share of bad things happen at their events. I'm sure you can figure out what they were with a little research.
Quote:

there could be countless ways to reconcile.. .. it may be bad blood.. but for the sake of both namesakes.. my honest opinion in my (limited knowledge of the situation) is that it is only a loss to both parties not to be counter involved.
are you even aware that Hullabaloo hasn't thrown a party and is retired for 1.5 years now?
Quote:

division of the music scene does nobody good. (but I think it is important to add this is my personal opinion and does not necisarioly hold any tangible realness in the greater reality of the universe.. but it could)
trust me... this only agitates the situation more.
Quote:

how much do they owe you... ??? I'd start paying it to you in monthly installments of $9.99 .. or even $12.99
i think the amount is something that is best kept between the parties involved.

Paying it off monthly at even $50 would take YEARS upon YEARS of payments before it even came close to covering lost funds.

If you really want to help, why not buy some stuff from the Hullastore and put some revenue back into the company. Things like this website are not free to keep running and maintain.

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #134
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I have finally returned to the hullaboards after being MIA for a few months now, and I can't believe that a subject such as this is still being discussed amongst people on the boards. But I will lay that to rest.

Paul, no one could have put it better than you in your last post. Nuff said. I wonder if this is the last time someone will bring this up.

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY

Last edited by Skittles17 : November 26th, 2006 at 10:16 PM.
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote