Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 31st, 2007, 02:37 PM   #51
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime_Phish
Green tea is amazing! Just had a mug of it with my breakfast.

My boyfriend has Mountain Dew and a cigarette for breakfast every day. I have a protein shake and vitamins. I guess opposites do attract!

Here's some 'thought for food': tannic acid (found in red wine and teas) blocks Iron from being absorbed from your diet; conversely, Vitamin C is essential for absorption of Iron!
So, our grandparents had a good idea about drinking OJ at breakfast.

Good green tea is packed with polyphenols, ridiculously good antioxidants. Green tea, dark chocolate, and red wine are choc full of 'em.

It's definitely been proven in many ways that a modest glass of red wine before you sleep is awesome for you. I wouldn't say every day though. I have one every other.
^
l
l
2Cents from me to you

Last edited by Glyce : May 31st, 2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling correctionizzle
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:03 AM   #52
IvanQFrostbite
Hullaboarder
Tetris Champion! High Score: 585574 

Location: School:Athens Ohio. Home:Huber Heights (Dayton) Ohio
Send a message via AIM to IvanQFrostbite Send a message via Yahoo to IvanQFrostbite
I wish I could find a viable and healthy alternitive to lose weight, and you people who can eat what you want and gain nothing, I envy you. My body is very sensitive to what I eat and what I do. I have been lazy and lately, I have gained weight because of it. After my GF moved out, I went crazy and bought a wok and a ton of Asian food. I also bought veggies and the ilk, but I bought nothing that could be made easily. If I got stuff to make sandwiches, I would get deli meat, good bread and cheese and make a big deal out of it. The reasoning behind this was that if I wanted to eat, I had to go though all of that work to make a meal, so I wouldn't eat late at night. I hardly ever drink soda. I drink it maybe once or twice a month. But I still weigh about 350lb. And, while I have a lot of muscle, it's still a pain in my back. For a while I was walking everyday because I had to and I am hoping to start that trend again. Hopefully I will lose weight before One More Group Hug.
Old June 14th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #53
Sublime_Phish
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanQFrostbite
I wish I could find a viable and healthy alternitive to lose weight, and you people who can eat what you want and gain nothing, I envy you. My body is very sensitive to what I eat and what I do. I have been lazy and lately, I have gained weight because of it. After my GF moved out, I went crazy and bought a wok and a ton of Asian food. I also bought veggies and the ilk, but I bought nothing that could be made easily. If I got stuff to make sandwiches, I would get deli meat, good bread and cheese and make a big deal out of it. The reasoning behind this was that if I wanted to eat, I had to go though all of that work to make a meal, so I wouldn't eat late at night. I hardly ever drink soda. I drink it maybe once or twice a month. But I still weigh about 350lb. And, while I have a lot of muscle, it's still a pain in my back. For a while I was walking everyday because I had to and I am hoping to start that trend again. Hopefully I will lose weight before One More Group Hug.

Try working out; a cross cardio/strength training would probably be beneficial. Strength training will tone and define those nice muscles, cardio will help you burn the excess energy stored in that pesky adipose tissue! Join a fitness center, usually they give you at least one free session with a personal trainer which can start you on your way to a tailored fitness plan.
Set some goals; and not just to lose weight, either. Some good goals include lowering your resting heart rate, sleep more soundly, and improve self confidence. Be realistic but persevere, because it will take several months to burn off any significant amount of weight the right way (i.e. diet & exersize). I hope that helps a bit!

Drinking too much soda is a symptom, but not the "disease", of weight problems and obesity. Drinking too much soda often is an indicator of poor diet choices in general.
Heidibear, coffee isn't too bad for you - it's much better than drinking highly sugarized sodas, and a cup of coffee actually has more caffeine than a shot of espresso! Yay!
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #54
Robbis29
Hullaboarder
Bombjack Champion! High Score: 100300  Disco Racer Champion! High Score: 9550  Plops Champion! High Score: 8125  Monkey Lander Champion! High Score: 28190  ABlast Champion! High Score: 40800 

Send a message via MSN to Robbis29
fast food places havce improved alot but i think wendys is doing the best cause everything is fresh, and as for hte sugry drinks thats y i only stick to hard liqour. lol
Old July 11th, 2007, 09:57 PM   #55
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
i avoid fast food as often as possible. mainly because i cant afford it XP haha!
when i drink soda, its usually a diet energy drink, or the lowcarb monster ^_^

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~
okidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #56
heatheraloo
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbis29
fast food places havce improved alot but i think wendys is doing the best cause everything is fresh, and as for hte sugry drinks thats y i only stick to hard liqour. lol

<3 wendys! 1.19 for a salad and a water. Mmmm...

PLUR makes my privates tingle
heatheraloo is offline   Reply With Quote