Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 30th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #51
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugsy
What the fuck is wrong with you? You think that would be funny? Please, for the sake of all humanity, have yourself sterilized.

No one understands my humor. Boo.
Snuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:40 PM   #52
hugsy
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
At no point did I say that drugging someone and child molestation were the same thing.
However they ARE both despicable acts. Which is why I compared them.
Old November 30th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #53
weava
Friendship Crew

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
Quote:

Can you please explain to us what, specifically, is funny about drugging someone? Do you think child molestation is funny too?

You took it 1 step further than simply comparing the 2. You assumed that we would also think a story about a child being molested was funny too.

I'm shocked that you would actually defend your use of the comparison. Its rediculous.
Old November 30th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #54
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Yeah
Old December 1st, 2006, 04:44 AM   #55
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
At no point did I say that drugging someone and child molestation were the same thing.
However they ARE both despicable acts. Which is why I compared them.

People often make fun of subjects like poisoning, rape, murder, theft, and molestation. When people joke about these subjects, they're usually exaggerating or they're being sarcastic.

For example, if I write that I'm going to kill you, it usually means that I'm annoyed with you. Sometimes I'll add a tag like "laugh out loud" (LOL) so you know that I'm joking; However, sometimes I don't include emotional indicators which makes the humor more "dry".
Old December 1st, 2006, 11:52 AM   #56
hugsy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava
You took it 1 step further than simply comparing the 2. You assumed that we would also think a story about a child being molested was funny too.

I'm shocked that you would actually defend your use of the comparison. Its rediculous.

I didn't asssume. I asked if you thought child molestation was funny. There is a big difference between making an assumption and asking a question.

Next time I will type more slowly for you.
hugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 11:57 AM   #57
hugsy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffy
People often make fun of subjects like poisoning, rape, murder, theft, and molestation. When people joke about these subjects, they're usually exaggerating or they're being sarcastic.

They are also being insensitive, immature, and are actively contributing to the problem.

Take rape for example (don't blame me for the comparison I'm not the one that mentioned it first). One of the reasons it remains so prevelant in our culture is that we often make light of it with humnour. There is nothng light about it. We don't treat it as anathema and so it remains more present than it should.

Just the same, joking about drugging cops makes it seem like a less serious issue than it is. Society treating it less seriously than it is will lead to more occurances.
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:05 PM   #58
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
My Hullacrush is deepening

He's right. Joking about serious issues leads to desensitization, which can have significant consequences.

I beat the internet....the end guy was hard

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars
Psychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:58 PM   #59
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
They are also being insensitive, immature, and are actively contributing to the problem.

Take rape for example (don't blame me for the comparison I'm not the one that mentioned it first). One of the reasons it remains so prevelant in our culture is that we often make light of it with humnour.

Just the same, joking about drugging cops makes it seem like a less serious issue than it is. Society treating it less seriously than it is will lead to more occurances.

Humor is often insensitive and immature and that's what makes it funny. Have you seen an episode of the Chapelle show? Does South Park cause people to murder because Kenny gets killed every episode? Just because I think the show is funny, do you think I feel that murder is any less serious?

Quite frankly, if everyone in the world stopped joking about these issues, the only thing that would change is that there wouldn't be as much awareness.
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:52 PM   #60
weava
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
Quote:

Take rape for example (don't blame me for the comparison I'm not the one that mentioned it first). One of the reasons it remains so prevelant in our culture is that we often make light of it with humnour. There is nothng light about it. We don't treat it as anathema and so it remains more present than it should.

You bringing up child molestation and even slightly comparing it to weed in a burger was no different than mocking any of the other subjects mentioned. You were being
Quote:
insensitive, immature, and are actively contributing to the problem.

I already said they should prosecute the kids, which they did.
Quote:

Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They later were indicted.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in Bernalillo County, alleges personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices. It seeks unspecified damages along with legal costs.

So even though the kids were prosecuted, you say our laughing at the news article will cause more occurances?
Quote:
One of the reasons it remains so prevelant in our culture is that we often make light of it with humnour.

Rape was prevelant long before south park was making fun of it. And I've never seen or heard of anyone laughing at another person who got raped. The word rape is used, and rape is talked about or shown in movies and on tv, but no one sees that and says to themselves... "hmm well if I saw it on tv it must not be that big of a deal, I'm gonna go rape someone."
weava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:07 PM   #61
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Agreed with Weava mate. Sorry. It wasn't really that mature to compare laughing at weed to laughing at child molesting

And seriously dude, I've known a grip of kyds who've been molested as children. It's incredibly sad, and the consequences are well known, some better than others. As well have I known a grip of kyds who have been dosed, drugged with GHB, and the such. As fucked up as it was, being able to make jokes about it later makes you stronger than letting it affect you for the rest of your life. These really aren't funny issues, but laughter and jest is JUST as important as maturity and realizing the dangers and threats these things present. If we can't laugh at our own misfortune and try and make it a strength, it'll always be an anchor on your soul.

So, I'm sorry, I totally agree with you in the fact that it isn't funny, but by the same token, there must be balance in all things, and that includes this. As terrible as it is, it's also absolutely hilarious when someone cracks a funny joke about one. Don't ask me either. Ask the kyds I've known who've gone through the experiences.

Sometimes you need to give people a little more credit than it seems you are, as "desensitized" as people get, how many people actually get so desensitized to these things that they think they're alright and acceptable?
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 06:29 PM   #62
hugsy
Hullaboarder

Maybe you guys are right. Let me try it out...ok here is my new joke:

What was the best part about 9/11?
All the much deserved American deaths!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

There. Now I'm just as cool and mature as you guys.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 06:34 PM   #63
hugsy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychick
My Hullacrush is deepening

He's right. Joking about serious issues leads to desensitization, which can have significant consequences.

Right back at ya hun.
They aren't going to believe us about this though so I am just going to stop trying.

Keep making jokes about poisoning and rape and whatever else it takes for you to feel betetr about yourselves. As long as you fight the man. Yee-haw. lol
Old December 2nd, 2006, 07:28 PM   #64
weava
Friendship Crew

Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

You're a fucking idiot.

You just proved your maturity level to everyone.

You are the first person on this board that I can honestly say I'm glad I'll never meet.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 07:34 PM   #65
weava
Friendship Crew

Im actually in shock right now at what a fucking dick you are.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:42 PM   #66
Glyce
Hullaboarder

I think it's funny how you talk like "oh we'll never understand". It's kind of retarded, because I do understand, I think it's a pretty easy concept, on both sides of the table, and it's absolutely wonderfully funny, in all actuality, how you can't even reply to something I said anymore, just try and fight back a battle you seem to be losing if you can't come up with better arguments than you do. Sorry mate, it's hard to have respect for you if you can't come up with a better response than that. You just keep using the same old thing, and it doesn't seem like you even read my last post, I think this is a pretty done conversation. I guess unless you come up with something new to say this'll be the end of what could've been a much better argument
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:09 AM   #67
Snuffy
Hullaboarder

Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA

No, that comment simply shows to us how petty you are. It's like that racist outburst Kramer had a while ago. It's not funny and I think you've just insulted a lot of people.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:24 AM   #68
weava
Friendship Crew

And my outburst may not have been very mature so I apologize.

But as Snuffy pointed out, I fit in the group that feels personally offended and insulted by what you just said.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 08:32 PM   #69
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
^^
And a lot of people fit into groups that are offended when people joke about rape and the like.
Psychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 08:52 PM   #70
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Some people don't get offended that easily
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:07 PM   #71
weava
Friendship Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychick
^^
And a lot of people fit into groups that are offended when people joke about rape and the like.

I never joked about rape.

I never joked about anything except the original post.

The original post was mild in comparison to the comments made by hugsy.

The policemen involved I'm sure made a full recovery and were not scarred by the incident.

9/11 was a tragedy, to mock it is extremely immature.
Old June 21st, 2007, 07:18 PM   #72
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by weava
ill take 2 pot burgers a large order of hash fries and a medium toka cola to drink

this is the first time that i have read this thread, and this was the greatest post ever

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 09:39 PM   #73
weava
Friendship Crew

This was a sweet thread until PR crashed.

I just wanna say fuck you Hugsy one last time.

Last edited by weava : June 21st, 2007 at 09:42 PM.