The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo 10th Anniversary Weekend Celebration
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 6th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #51
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to SkItLeS
^^^ you would have new kandi ideas. at least different from the ones my friends and i have. yay!!! now i want you to visit the warm sunny spot of troy!
Old March 6th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #52
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
^_^ it's really very nice in the spring/summer here.. Cleveland winters though... ugh I could really do without. but I've lived here my whole life.. as much as it sucks.. you get use to it. The first part of this winter we had NO snow and it was crazy. I was wearing a t-shirt outside in November and we had no snow on the ground on x-mas.
To be with you
by your side
<3333
Stunt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #53
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt_Girl
^_^ it's really very nice in the spring/summer here.. Cleveland winters though... ugh I could really do without. but I've lived here my whole life.. as much as it sucks.. you get use to it. The first part of this winter we had NO snow and it was crazy. I was wearing a t-shirt outside in November and we had no snow on the ground on x-mas.

i wear a t-shirt and flipflops all year. with rarely a coat on... but like you said after living in ohio you're whole life you get used to it.
SkItLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #54
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I've always carried a small bag into hulla. I need something to hold all of my stuff. The UFO pockets can't hold everything w/o falling out while on the dance floor

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:14 PM   #55
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
I've always carried a small bag into hulla. I need something to hold all of my stuff. The UFO pockets can't hold everything w/o falling out while on the dance floor

you have a valid point... i need to ponder *sits and stares blankly*
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #56
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
i have rainbow bright fabric that i have been holding onto for a long time. i made one halter and a pair of insert jeans and have since given the pants away and i still have a huge piece of the sheet. anyhow. i really have no need for it so if anyone would be interested in it let me know i can ebay to you
Old March 7th, 2007, 07:21 AM   #57
DjCojami
Hulla Legacy Member

Send a message via AIM to DjCojami Send a message via MSN to DjCojami
the bag i was concidering is a bookbag, however, it is a smaller one. it goes from my shoulders to about the middle of my back. is this too large?

if so, i would probably trade it out for a string backpack since those are lightweight and easy-breezy :]
DjCojami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:42 AM   #58
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

okay so i gave in and got a really tiny backpack to wear during hulla. i didn't want my camera and such bouncing around in my pockets. you can laugh at me now because i gave in lol.
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:57 AM   #59
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

okay so here's my bag (with a USD for size reference) did i sell out that bad after saying i don't like backpacks and that pants pockets are all i need?

don't worry rob i'm still making pants with pockets! or at least attempt.
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #60
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
^^ aww it's so cute and little ^_^ haha
Stunt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:41 AM   #61
HooDoo
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt_Girl
^^ aww it's so cute and little ^_^ haha

not a good thing to say to a guy at times...

haha..
HooDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #62
Swuft
Hulla Legacy Member
Starry Night Champion! High Score: 2850  Ninja Kid Champion! High Score: 67500  AirFox Champion! High Score: 31019  Stick Fighter Champion! High Score: 86500  Chicken Champion! High Score: 7701793  Squirrel Soccer Champion! High Score: 3980  Nut Nut Champion! High Score: 740 

Being able to bring in all this stuff is going to be a new experience for Brent and I. At the Palace, an old time theater where all our raves where held, in N.O. you couldn't bring in hardly anything. They took everything at the door. No edible candy, no glowsticks, no binkies, no backbacks, no anything that glowed. No gum was allowed either, I mean come on how is gum considered drug paraphernalia, so we really had to sneak gum in and edible candy we just had to make sure the security didn't see a blowpop stick in your mouth. They even started taking peoples candie at the door because it glowed. It was tragic, I had one of my favorite pieces taken away
(I was ready to fight the security guy for it) that somebody made me that never makes candie. It was literally the only candie she ever made and they took it. I almost cried. They might have just put up a sign that said "No candie kids allowed!" . Yeah so you can see why we are so excited about Hulla.

Last edited by Swuft : March 15th, 2007 at 11:05 AM.
Swuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:38 PM   #63
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
^why weren't you allowed to have anything glowing?
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #64
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I remember reading about some promoters in N.O. years ago being charged with some crack house laws. That's most likely the origin of why they're so strict.

It's kind of funny, as someone who's been around for a long time and throwing a 10 year reunion party, with hindsight I can look back and see that the authorities completely overreacted to raves. The fabric of society didn't come undone, most people had some fun then moved on with their lives. Just look at all the 20 and 30 somethings on this board doing all kinds of responsible things. Oh well, at least we don't have to deal with crack house laws up here!
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #65
Swuft
Hulla Legacy Member
Starry Night Champion! High Score: 2850  Ninja Kid Champion! High Score: 67500  AirFox Champion! High Score: 31019  Stick Fighter Champion! High Score: 86500  Chicken Champion! High Score: 7701793  Squirrel Soccer Champion! High Score: 3980  Nut Nut Champion! High Score: 740 

^^ You ready for this? - It was considered drug paraphernalia! WOW huh? Can you believe that? I have a uv reative tattoo on my stomach that glows. So one time I asked the security guy searching me if it was ok if I can go in since I glowed. He didn't think it was funny.
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:32 PM   #66
Mrs Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mrs Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic
I remember reading about some promoters in N.O. years ago being charged with some crack house laws. That's most likely the origin of why they're so strict.

It's kind of funny, as someone who's been around for a long time and throwing a 10 year reunion party, with hindsight I can look back and see that the authorities completely overreacted to raves. The fabric of society didn't come undone, most people had some fun then moved on with their lives. Just look at all the 20 and 30 somethings on this board doing all kinds of responsible things. Oh well, at least we don't have to deal with crack house laws up here!

I was actually part of a crack law bust in Racine, Wisconsin in 2002. We were at a party and the cops busted in and gave all 450 people tickets for "Inmate of a disorderly house with controlled substances present" because two undercover cops had busted 1 person with drugs they gave us all tickets that were nearly $900!

I plend not guilt along with 400 or so other people. Racine is realtively small and they wewre no able to handle that many court cases, so the tried to offer us a $100 ticket for disorderly conduct. Only 50 around people took it. Eventually the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) took all of the party kids cases and fought to get the charges completely dropped.

I was on the news a few times being interviewed about all the bullshit wearing phat pants and kandi.

http://www.aclu.org/drugpolicy/rave...es20030117.html

There are a few venues around here that do not allow backpacks, hats, anything that glows, edible candy, etc. It sucks.

~Bob Marley
Mrs Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #67
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooDoo
not a good thing to say to a guy at times...

haha..

not always a good thing but in this case i'll accept my fate.
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #68
HooDoo
Hullaboarder

and that would be Donnie Estopinal were talkin about here...
Yeah, he's a rich man now from all that. Now all he does is hand out money for promoters to throw events and collects by his name being on the flyer as well as putting the money up for it. He throws thousands of shows every year. He plays hit & miss with big names in big cities...

Last edited by HooDoo : March 15th, 2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #69
HooDoo
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolic frolic

Amen to that.
It seems like Toronto is such a big city that they have a lot more to worry about than a rave. Thats just my opinion though...
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #70
HooDoo
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlurrySkittles
I was actually part of a crack law bust in Racine, Wisconsin in 2002. We were at a party and the cops busted in and gave all 450 people tickets for "Inmate of a disorderly house with controlled substances present" because two undercover cops had busted 1 person with drugs they gave us all tickets that were nearly $900!

I plend not guilt along with 400 or so other people. Racine is realtively small and they wewre no able to handle that many court cases, so the tried to offer us a $100 ticket for disorderly conduct. Only 50 around people took it. Eventually the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) took all of the party kids cases and fought to get the charges completely dropped.

I was on the news a few times being interviewed about all the bullshit wearing phat pants and kandi.

http://www.aclu.org/drugpolicy/rave...es20030117.html

There are a few venues around here that do not allow backpacks, hats, anything that glows, edible candy, etc. It sucks.

The Eagles Club being one... That venue is amazing but pretty strict...
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:48 PM   #71
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Well, the city council was consumed by raves during the spring of 2000. We even had a rally with over 20,000 people at Nathan Phillips Square (city hall). It all blew over though. When the big multi-thousand parties ended, there wasn't as much to talk about.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #72
HooDoo
Hullaboarder

I can imagine that they breathe a little easier now that your not throwing that big of events anymore. Although, I bet they benefited from all the revenue you brought to the city. Especially Hotels...
Old March 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #73
SkItLeS
Hullaboarder

lol the hotels got a ton of money and then they also got an amuzing show as we were leaving for the parties. lol.
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #74
Swuft
Hulla Legacy Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooDoo
and that would be Donnie Estopinal were talkin about here...
Yeah, he's a rich man now from all that. Now all he does is hand out money for promoters to throw events and collects by his name being on the flyer as well as putting the money up for it. He throws thousands of shows every year. He plays hit & miss with big names in big cities...

You are correct. Disco Donnie he calles himself. I was going to post a funny pic of him but thought that might not be kosher. He kind of has one of those I'm a huge promoter so bow down to me kind of personas. So its super awesome and blows my mind to see how Frolic treats everybody on this forum and with the way he is personaly handling the ticket situation to make sure nobody gets screwed.
Old March 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #75
HooDoo
Hullaboarder

Yeah Disco Donnie is an asshole... He claims to have "revolutionized" the American Rave Scene. Sorry Donnie but if your parents weren't rich and you didnt win millions out of the court system, you would be nobody. I have to give him some credit though, he brings a lot of big names around as well as funds the money for some really good parties. The thing is, he isnt a promoter in my eyes, he's a bank.

Oh, and as for Frolic... Words aren't enough for that man. All round amazing individual with a heart of gold.

Last edited by HooDoo : March 15th, 2007 at 05:33 PM.