The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo 10th Anniversary Weekend Celebration
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 16th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #1
Robin Frolic
Hullabaloo's Mama

Talking Thank YOU, Friendship Crew!

I wanted to send a great big "THANK YOU!" to all the people on the Friendship Crew for this event. They were the ones who showed up early to detangle hundreds and hundreds of whistles, write out DJ schedules, and do other miscellaneous tasks. And then they gave up some of their party time in order to stand at the door with grins and cheers and a wonderful attitude, trying to get the party started right for every one of our attendees. Even after the whistles were long gone, Friendship Crew members were still putting in time wandering around the party with the Polaroid camera, taking pictures for the partiers to keep. This event wouldn't have been the same without all the amazing effort and energy the Friendship Crew put into it, and they deserve a huge shout-out. THANK YOU!
Robin Frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:27 PM   #2
kylefabulous
Queen Bitch Mod

Send a message via ICQ to kylefabulous Send a message via AIM to kylefabulous Send a message via Yahoo to kylefabulous
hehe..

did anyone ever find those stamps ... i was kind of sad someone took em!

i wanted to keep em...

thanks robin.. it was a blast
kylefabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #3
Robin Frolic
Hullabaloo's Mama

I did look around for them after, but didn't see them. :/
Robin Frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #4
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
*^_^* it was an honor to be on the Friendship Crew!!

I even got to give someone their newbie stamp!! it was soo awesome!
To be with you
by your side
<3333
Stunt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:34 PM   #5
No Typical Raver
Friendship Crew

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to No Typical Raver Send a message via Yahoo to No Typical Raver
i didnt get my polaroid :/

i was happy to help out though seeing people smiling as we bombarded them with HAPPY HULLA! and whistles as they walked in was just as much fun as dancing

This guy will be the entire reason I stop lurking here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim
i cant even imagine what goes on inside your head day by day. but whatever it is it must be awesome.
No Typical Raver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #6
neverlandgurl
Friendship Crew

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to neverlandgurl Send a message via Yahoo to neverlandgurl
hahaha definately yelling Happy Hulla and having people be so excited as they walked in the door was a totally awesome experience

striking inspiration into the hearts of others: http://www.hattrixx.co.uk
neverlandgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #7
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
There were so many smiles and hugs to go along with the whistles, it was great!
CandyGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:03 AM   #8
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
i wasn't "officially" part of the friendship crew, but christina and i showed up with kyle and bought everyone pizza. afterwards, she handed out whistles while i detangled about 30 million whistles and kept the door people stocked. it might have taken a couple hours out of my party time, but the feeling of being able to help out was definitely worth it.
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #9
Stunt_Girl
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to Stunt_Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachfuzz
i wasn't "officially" part of the friendship crew, but christina and i showed up with kyle and bought everyone pizza. afterwards, she handed out whistles while i detangled about 30 million whistles and kept the door people stocked. it might have taken a couple hours out of my party time, but the feeling of being able to help out was definitely worth it.

haha omg Rob, I'm so glad you untangled all of those things.. ugh.. It would have been such a mess!!
Stunt_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:15 AM   #10
snug_bunny
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
No problemo, though I think too many people were handing out whistles at first, security didn't seem to be too fond of us :\
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:42 PM   #11
lil
Friendship Crew

It was an honor to help out on the friendship crew! I can't tell you how many people came up to me saying "thank you so much for the picture!" It was SO much fun.
lil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #12
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
I had a blast yelling HAPPY HULLA at the door. Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of the FC. I am looking forward to participating again

Lucky Star Travel

"A movin groove with a massive plan"

TOP FLIGHT MUTHA-F*CKIN SECURITY
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:48 PM   #13
weava
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachfuzz

Without you 2 it would have been just me from 9:30 - 10:00!

Thanks for helpin me hold it down.

And Robin I had a blast and I was glad to help out. You put in a TON of work up until and even during the party... so once again, THANK YOU!
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #14
weava
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to weava Send a message via MSN to weava Send a message via Yahoo to weava
Quote:
Originally Posted by snug_bunny
No problemo, though I think too many people were handing out whistles at first, security didn't seem to be too fond of us :\

Security kept yelling at us to keep the lobby cleared, but theres one problem with that... WERE NOT SECURITY!

They wouldn't listen to us lol.

They only seemed to listen to kyle, and only because he would scream clear the lobby at the top of his lungs.
weava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #15
lil
Friendship Crew

I think a few of us ended up screaming that. Security did seem a bit on edge that night.
lil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #16
dianejapa
Friendship Crew

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to dianejapa Send a message via AIM to dianejapa
it was my pleasure! it was really special to be able to give something back. i've been there so many times as a partier before. i was glad to be able to help out
dianejapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #17
Mrs Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mrs Skittles
I had so much fun handing oput the whistels and "attacking" the people as they walked in. We were all just so overly excited about it and security was takign FOREVER to let people through.

Thank you for letting me take part in the FC... if you ever need help again I am def. game to help. <3

~Bob Marley
Mrs Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 04:34 PM   #18
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
I wasn't part of the crew officially but I was with Rob helping in the start of it.

Honestly Robin, I must thank you becasue I got a great big hug from MC Storm on his way into the party and another one later, and I got to talk to him after that...the whistle crew was a lot of fun and for me it had its perks. Seeing all of those smiling faces light up as they entered the door was so worth it.

Weava we were glad to help out , and thanks Kyle for bringing us along with you.
Old July 17th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #19
theFlash6342
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to theFlash6342 Send a message via Yahoo to theFlash6342
i swear when i worked the door wit the skittles, diane, lil, and snug bunny, and kyle fabulous (even though he was lurking, lol, love ya baby) it was prolly one of my highlights of the night, thank you guys for making my first hulla such a memoriable experience. Thank you so much Robin for letting me help out so much i really mean when i say it was an honor to be able to contribute to such a inspirational event, and i'm glad you like the outfit everytime i saw you in the belt i had a huge grin! When i was walking away from the stage and you called me to come hug you i almost cried!

So no matter where you were from or how much contact we had people, you changed my life in such a way that i'll never forget any of you and I WILL BE BACK!

and thank you to all my indy, sloppy, crayola, magik crews for sharing this with me, never a better group of friends to go with!
Old July 17th, 2007, 05:06 PM   #20
Mr Skittles
Friendship Crew

Photos: 7  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Mr Skittles Send a message via MSN to Mr Skittles Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Skittles
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlurrySkittles
I had so much fun handing oput the whistels and "attacking" the people as they walked in. We were all just so overly excited about it and security was takign FOREVER to let people through.

Thank you for letting me take part in the FC... if you ever need help again I am def. game to help. <3

be afraid of the freak with the pink and white hair. lol
Mr Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #21
theFlash6342
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to theFlash6342 Send a message via Yahoo to theFlash6342
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles17
be afraid of the freak with the pink and white hair. lol

she did get right in there, at one point i really thought she was going to tackle someone screaming happy hulla, LOL. but i loved it and i loved meeting you guys!
theFlash6342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #22
EvoldicA
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to EvoldicA
:b I had fun stamping people.. Next time I will arrive earlier so I can help out right as the door opens (: (if there is a next time) It was fun hanging with all of you at the door.. and I did actually try to keep the lobby clear some.. I was not anywhere as loud as kyle was however.. I just asked nicely for them to wait inside. :b

~B
EvoldicA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 09:07 PM   #23
weava
Friendship Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoldicA
:b I had fun stamping people.. Next time I will arrive earlier so I can help out right as the door opens (: (if there is a next time) It was fun hanging with all of you at the door.. and I did actually try to keep the lobby clear some.. I was not anywhere as loud as kyle was however.. I just asked nicely for them to wait inside. :b

~B

OH were you the guy with the stamp like all night? I never did catch your name. I was the dude with the blue fuzzy hat. I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself/
weava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #24
fallenangelslove
Friendship Crew

Send a message via AIM to fallenangelslove Send a message via Yahoo to fallenangelslove
EvoldicA= Bill

I tried to help with the clearing and I just felt bad yelling at people when we were at hulla...it just didn't seem right so I let Kyle take over...he was much better at it
fallenangelslove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 12:40 PM   #25
madameK
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to madameK
My Happy Hulla greeting was priceless!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlurrySkittles

You guys are the best ever!!!!
You were WAy too CUTE FOR WORDS!!! *hugs*
All of you looked amazing!!!

I had the most special greeting at that door since i knew all your wonderful smiling faces, I was overwhelmed with happiness i couldn't do anything but smile and give the closest person a hug.... and then figure out what to do next.
love you all!!! It was soo great seeing you again!!!!!