The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Group Hug 2001
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 22nd, 2001, 01:11 PM   #51
TimmyD
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to TimmyD
Quote:
Originally posted by JD

p.s. --> What did everyone think of my baby blue bath robe?

heh - the bathrobe was great. I stopped you at one point and asked about it. All you needed was a bigass pair of yellow furry slippers
Old April 22nd, 2001, 02:00 PM   #52
*suki*
Hullaboarder
Dick Quick's Island Adventure Champion! High Score: 100 

Send a message via ICQ to *suki*

yes katie we shall for sure

and JD, haha that's great!

Old April 22nd, 2001, 02:51 PM   #53
JD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to JD
Quote:

Oringinally Posted by: TimmyD

heh - the bathrobe was great. I stopped you at one point and asked about it. All you needed was a bigass pair of yellow furry slippers

Hahaha, funny u say that. I was actually planning on wearing slippers also but I couldn't find any that were good. I did end up finding one perfect pair, they were basically baby blue fun fur slippers, but they were all sold out in larger sizes

As for the morning... It was great walkin by that restaurant and seein all the people inside stare at me with very puzzled looks on their faces, hahahahaha. I bet they had stories to tell when they saw their friends that day.

Well, im glad that everyone got a kick outta me wearin the robe. I know I sure as hell had fun wearin it.

And ya never know. Maybe it will become my Hulla tradition!

JD
Old April 22nd, 2001, 04:07 PM   #54
Grrl2004
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Grrl2004 Send a message via AIM to Grrl2004
Cool By the by..

P.S. This is me if anyone saw me..

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View...7798&p=44358595

Fatty Matty McPLuR
Old April 22nd, 2001, 05:55 PM   #55
Fantaz
Hullaboarder

I couldent come to Group Hug 2K1. I had to go to work.
The friday Group Hug was on, I got into a fight.
On top of that... I LOST MY JOB!!
I really wish I came to the rave and get away from all this crap.
- Ben
Old April 22nd, 2001, 06:53 PM   #56
Sliz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Sliz
Great party!!!! Nice Vibe and all!!! Capital J you always get me going!!!! Up until his set I wasn't feeling that "rush"!!! But damn....Capital J comes on and he always getz me going!!!! Met lotz of people that night!!!!! Guy in the housecoat....that was rather amusing!!! Same with the girl in the baby blue bandana and matching pants....hehe couldn't finish that massive lollipop eh!!?? Incase yah wondering.....I was the guy in the Mario outfit!!! Catch yah all at the next Hulla!!

PeacE
Old April 22nd, 2001, 07:42 PM   #57
Jess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jess
i wasn't able to go...but i NEED to see pictures!!!!
post them as fast as you can!
Old April 22nd, 2001, 08:56 PM   #58
~MaRy~
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to ~MaRy~
Wink

I was a Hulla Virgin WooHoo had the greatest time of my life and i owe that to all the friends from Chatham i went with Brian, Christian, Stacey, Toby, Kristan, Shannon, Nicole and Lee-Ann You guys are the best and i cant wait to party with all of u again....
I met alot of ppl that im sure i will see again....
It was a blast and i had sooooo much fun cant wait till I can do it again.....

Luv,
MaRy

P.S. Chris, I will call u sumtime this week....unless u beat me to it
Old April 22nd, 2001, 11:06 PM   #59
flyer_boi
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to flyer_boi Send a message via AIM to flyer_boi
Quote:
Originally posted by Jess
i wasn't able to go...but i NEED to see pictures!!!!
post them as fast as you can!

I'll have mine up in a day or so. check http://www.phlux.8k.com sometime after 9-10 tomorrow night. I should have them up by then. -peace-
-=flyer_boi=-
Old April 22nd, 2001, 11:41 PM   #60
Moez
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Moez
good times.

well, I don't have time to type much about that party. BUT I do have to say I had an amazing time and am really glad I had the opportunity to meet so many people.

SARAFINA chek your mail...

and how fucking wikkid was it to hear Infected Mushroom tracks.. oh gawd... mmmmmm.... sex!

what a wikkid night...

Old April 22nd, 2001, 11:46 PM   #61
~~MaRgARitA~~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~~MaRgARitA~~
*Katie*

did Mattie go to hulla?

we need to go drinking another time, since something always happens to mess up the plans

Margarita
Old April 23rd, 2001, 03:06 AM   #62
QT_Eeyore
Hullaboarder

what a great party...i wuz totally feelin the vibe, until this e-tarded group came, and sat down right where i wuz dancing there were about 20 asian people sitting right at my feet, all mashed out...which pissed me off becuz they wouldn't let me dance.. oh well...the music wuz amazing..which made up for it. frolic and capital j spun exceptionally well. i wuz very impressed...can't wait for the next one

hannah
Old April 23rd, 2001, 03:48 AM   #63
Dr Nick
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Dr Nick
Thumbs up <--- stumbling green trippy shirt boy

what a night...

security was alright, decor was decent, sets were kickin, thugs were minimal, vibe was tight, sound system ummmm, was there...

what more could anyone ask for?

i brought a friend along for the ride, he had an amazing time letting hulla rape him of his ravirginity

i haven't had a party hold me prisoner right till the end in quite a while, everyone i knew left right as spice was taking his stance, and something inside just told me: "no, you ain't goin' nowhere boy, you staytin' right here" so i stayed, gave the whole "dancing" thing my best shot, and ended up meeting quite a few extremely cool people on my way out... all in all, i had a blast.

but i just walked in the door from quite the exausting weekend so i'm off to go change my underwear and peel this polyester offa my back. yeah, that's right, i'm a dirt, and i actually wore that shirt in public(!)

Peace
Nick

Old April 23rd, 2001, 11:01 AM   #64
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

:-)

I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked to... but I guess that's what I get for trying to foght off a cold and party for a few nights in a row.

But! It was quite evident that the Hullabaloo vibe is a live and well in Toronto! Congrats Chris on another job well done. It's great to see the amount of dedication that you have to this company, and the speach during your set was moving.
The crowd there was nothing short of the usual happy hulla crowd, and it's always such a pleasure to be able to perform for people who are there to party.

Pete
Old April 23rd, 2001, 01:05 PM   #65
ShOcK tHe MoNkEy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ShOcK tHe MoNkEy Send a message via MSN to ShOcK tHe MoNkEy
i still havent found the right words for this but....

oh wow. what a night. i dont think it could have gone any better than it did. im still at a loss for words.

SET REVIEWS

Wolf: the perfect beginning to a perfect party. i missed the first twenty minutes but what i did hear was absolutely bangin. and i absolutely adore the 2001 remix of Wanting to Get High. that breakdown is insane!!

Silver1: i was hoping he was going to spin more trancy/freeform stuff, and i wasnt disappointed. and he dropped my absolute favorite track, Freedom 2 Dance. never a dull moment when Tommy's on the decks.

Elixir: always a treat. so many wicked tracks. there was one he spun near the end, with the most fucked up breakdown. i loved it!!

Capital J: i didnt hear much of J's set cause i was in the front hall for a net meet, but what i did hear was wicked. i even got onstage for a bit near the end. (damn security kicked us all off, we werent hurting anyone up there!!)

Anabolic Frolic: i was really looking forward to this set, and was not disappointed. he spun mostly new unrealeased dubs, all of which were right on, and I'd love to get my hands on (especially the remix of All I Need). his speech almost had me in tears, and when he dropped Heart Of Gold....well...I'll admit it i had to cry a little. then i got up onstage dancing. definitely the most memorable part of the evening.

Frisky: there's not much i can really say. its frisky! he always brings the house down!! (and thank you MC Kwik for that shoutout during Sandstorm). and he played Body Slam!! woohooo!!!!!

Subsonic Chronic: i didnt hear much of his set either, i was upstairs taking a break, (too much dancing all night).

D-Minus: absolutely wicked. Donny's a fuckin nut. nuff said. good set to end off the hardcore with. (that total eclipse remix rocks!)

Spice: this was my first time hearing Spice, and i was not disappointed. i can see why so many people love this guy. (well now i do too!). was up onstage for most of his set with my friend noah. had a blast.

and at the very very end, getting everyone to scream Happy Hullabaloo....wow. what a way to end a party.

ShOcK's rating on the Monkey Meter

99999999999999999999999999999999999/ 10
Old April 23rd, 2001, 02:17 PM   #66
*CHIPPY*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *CHIPPY*
Talking

I had a great time on Friday night. It reminded of when I use to have fun at parties. Everyone was just there to have fun and party. I didn't see a single thug there (a dream come true). Hulla .. it was once awesome night!

Janine
Old April 23rd, 2001, 04:07 PM   #67
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
I had an absolutely wikked time. I met so many people from the various borads. It was nice to finally put names to faces. My stomach was feeling a bit wonky so I couldn't consume as much alcohol as I wanted (perhaps it was for the better ). Congrats Chris on an awesome party. Your speech was very touching and I hope all the people realize the dedication you have in Hullabaloo. Keep up the good work. I hope you were able to get a good nights sleep afterwards.
Old April 23rd, 2001, 05:20 PM   #68
Grrl2004
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Grrl2004 Send a message via AIM to Grrl2004
Cool

Tommy..
BTW, I was that freak upstairs on the balcony that kept blabbing about you ending with Technohead..
Sorry.

Fatty Matty McPLuR
Old April 23rd, 2001, 06:52 PM   #69
NastyNaps
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to NastyNaps
Talking

I had the best time at this party...I only wish the vibe was like that at every party. I just want to thank all the chill people I met who made my night ten times better in particularly that dude who gave me a ticket to sky high...you r so the fucking man, some guy named Polar I don't know why but you stood out in my head, and that chick in the lace outfit who game me a lolli and a hug ur happiness gave me my second wind...oh and I cant forget all those people who promised to smoke me up at 4:20 then disappeared, well it was the thought that counts.

Peace
Old April 23rd, 2001, 07:14 PM   #70
sexybitchkaren
Hullaboarder

^^^

haha im pretty sure as i was leaving some guy grabbed me and was babbling to me about how his name was polar like in polar bear...it was horrible...i ran
Old April 23rd, 2001, 07:26 PM   #71
NastyNaps
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to NastyNaps
Re: ^^^

Quote:
Originally posted by sexybitchkaren
haha im pretty sure as i was leaving some guy grabbed me and was babbling to me about how his name was polar like in polar bear...it was horrible...i ran

HAHAHAHA what do you expect...you're one sexybitch
Old April 23rd, 2001, 07:48 PM   #72
sexybitchkaren
Hullaboarder

i know im sexy...but he was still scary...

BTW
do i know you??oh well
Old April 23rd, 2001, 08:07 PM   #73
Yeah ME
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Yeah ME
wow! that was an amazing party! I'm a little delirious right now cuz i'm sick so bare with mE!.. I want to thank everyone who went cuz you guys all made this a great party. hopefully i'll have some pics on here soon. Ok i'll post later wheh i can see better and think.

Yeah mmmmmmE
Old April 23rd, 2001, 08:11 PM   #74
*katie*
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~MaRgARitA~~
*Katie*

did Mattie go to hulla?

we need to go drinking another time, since something always happens to mess up the plans

Margarita

nope, he bailed on me beforehand, as always.

we'll definitely have to go another time though! sounds like a plan, man.

katie
Old April 23rd, 2001, 08:44 PM   #75
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
Quote:
Originally posted by Grrl2004
Tommy..
BTW, I was that freak upstairs on the balcony that kept blabbing about you ending with Technohead..
Sorry.

Fatty Matty McPLuR

Ha. Ya I remember. I didn't think anything strange of it.