The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Hullabaloo News & Discussion
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 12th, 2001, 05:38 PM   #26
shaggy
Hullanewbie

Thumbs up that hamilton place sounds really cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by nikki
Why not bring the party to Hamilton. We don't have many parties here but we do have a great party spot. It's in the lazer tag building on Parkdale. I went to my first party there and it rocked. There are two main rooms and four little rooms upstairs. Inside all of these is four ramps, two floors, meshed in balconys on the inside wall of each room overlooking the dance floor below, blacklights and blacklight paint splashed allover the place. Also there's a huge chillen area outside with scrapped cars along the outter side in which many tired out ravers found their relax spot for the night. Check it out!

shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2001, 08:26 PM   #27
monstercan-D
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by HEATER

ps I've always thought going to a party without relasing any of the DJ's playing or the location. Dont relase the location untill the day of. I think it would be cool not knowing untill you get there. And you know hulla would bring the goods and definatley not dissapoint.

The flyer could just be a big ? with a slash across the top so it looks like the :h)

Just an idea
I would go

[Edited by HEATER on May 12th, 2001 at 11:27 AM]

A capital idea, dear fellow!
monstercan-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2001, 09:32 PM   #28
oOriginal SketcharOo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to oOriginal SketcharOo
USE DIGITAL!!!

Frolic Renegades 4 year is at Digital nite club formally Exit/Minisrty..u threw a jam there b4, why not use it again??

Peace
Wes
oOriginal SketcharOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2001, 11:11 PM   #29
Cap'n Fnord
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Cap'n Fnord
Re: USE DIGITAL!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by oOriginal SketcharOo
Frolic Renegades 4 year is at Digital nite club formally Exit/Minisrty..u threw a jam there b4, why not use it again??

Peace
Wes

I think that this is what should be done.

LEn
Old May 13th, 2001, 03:00 AM   #30
Grrl2004
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Grrl2004 Send a message via AIM to Grrl2004
I third the notion.

Fatty Matty McPLuR
Old May 13th, 2001, 12:30 PM   #31
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Again I ask what is going on with the Newz???
There was a party there last weekend.
supaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2001, 03:44 PM   #32
oOriginal SketcharOo
Hullaboarder

^^looks up^^

If u call that a party... heheh was there and there was like 50 ppl there, half the place was shut down, and they dopn't have a large 2nd room n e more.... they use the main room and this little bar area type deal... so the newz isn't big enuff..

Peace
Wes
Old May 13th, 2001, 08:08 PM   #33
:: tranzit ::
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to :: tranzit ::
Quote:
Originally posted by HEATER
I grew up in oshawa we aleays used to go rollerskating at this place in Whitby called Wheelies huge wikkid space for a party. I don't know if it is still even there Im talking like 10 yrs ago. I know Whibty is far espially 4 me I live in Barrie now.

Heather.. yea.. it's still there, and there has been raves thrown there before back in the mid 90's. I have a good connection with the owner of the roller rink. He would throw a party there no problem. I am sure of it.. Only problem is the last time they threw a big party there all they got were complaints (houses right across the street), and were almost forced to shut down. The building holds about 700 peeps inside (gets real packed tho), and there is a big parking lot for a outdoor room, but alas the houses..

Other than that, if Chris was to move out that way why not go another 5 mins, move it to Oshawa, and get either what was formally 'The Regent / Adrenaline', or what was formally 'Elusions'.. I know the ladder is availible for rent. I believe the current owner is the City of Oshawa, although I am not positive.

My personal thoughts..

Will, Chris, and Tommy should take a weekend to themselves.. Walk around the city.. Drive around, and write down a load of locations that even look like they would be even semi capable of having a party (remember.. it's what's inside that counts.. and they wouldn't see the inside of most places!)...

Take that list.. scrounge around for phone numbers of the owners/managers of the building, and see if they are interested in such a venture.

Now from this list of hopefulls, weigh the pros and cons of each venue....
- Water Sales
- Venue Cost
- Attitudes of the person responsible for the venue (this is important.. just look at Hulla 3 in the Diary of a promoter section).
- TTC Accessable

Now you pick your venue and hope for the best.. I know it's not this easy, but this is mearly a guidline from someone who has never thrown a party.
:: tranzit :: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2001, 12:57 AM   #34
oOriginal SketcharOo
Hullaboarder

^^^^

Ummm and when do u think n e of them have the time to do this???why don't u go around DT and do it for them, save Frolic a lot of time...hehehehhe

Peace
Wes
Old May 14th, 2001, 03:23 AM   #35
xtcFREAK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to xtcFREAK
Picture this: Outdoor skating rink (not being used obviously because of the summer)

It is HUGE! about 1,000 people easy! Lots of parking
Only 3 houses are beside it (they won't mind)
Did i mention HUGE? It is secluded, kind of link a dream venue. I have talked to the people, and I am like 90% sure It can be used. Only think is, for people who don't drive, they would need a shuttle bus. The venue is about 25min drive from any downtown location (dvp north). I opened the gate to the entrance. Pulled my car to the far side, and walked down the nice path to the bottem of the hill, walked along side of the snackbar building, into the rink, and was like wow! I guess you would have to see it. Well, i emailed chris about it, if he would like to check it out, i am all for it. If not, I am gonna throw a party there (hehehe) .. who's down?

Jay
veezee@home.com
xtcFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2001, 11:01 AM   #36
DJ Wolf
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Wolf
Cool Wow!

Some of these are pretty good ideas!!

HOWEVER, most of you seem to have forgotten that Frolic has specified he will NOT use a venue that has not already held a successful party before.

End of story. New places would be great, yes... but there is the PRIME concern of safety, and red-tape. Trust in time -- it can pull through sometimes.

BEST OF LUCK, CHRIS! You have my support, as always.

--Jeff
DJ Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2001, 11:37 AM   #37
ScottEE 2 HottEE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ScottEE 2 HottEE Send a message via MSN to ScottEE 2 HottEE
I might be able to talk to my mom about having a party in my back yard

Umm.. so the Docks isn't available through out the summer because they use it as a club right? Umm.. how bout Atlantis?
ScottEE 2 HottEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2001, 11:39 AM   #38
ScottEE 2 HottEE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ScottEE 2 HottEE Send a message via MSN to ScottEE 2 HottEE
Quote:
Originally posted by xtcFREAK
Picture this: Outdoor skating rink (not being used obviously because of the summer)

Did i mention HUGE? It is secluded, kind of link a dream venue. I have talked to the people, and I am like 90% sure It can be used. Only think is, for people who don't drive, they would need a shuttle bus. The venue is about 25min drive from any downtown location (dvp north). I opened the gate to the entrance. Pulled my car to the far side, and walked down the nice path to the bottem of the hill, walked along side of the snackbar building, into the rink, and was like wow! I guess you would have to see it. Well, i emailed chris about it, if he would like to check it out, i am all for it. If not, I am gonna throw a party there (hehehe) .. who's down?

Jay
veezee@home.com

Sounds like a not bad idea man.

Would you be able to get a hold of a digital camera maybe and take some pictures so we can check it out?
ScottEE 2 HottEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2001, 02:43 PM   #39
Sliz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Sliz
I don't get why just cause a venue hasn't been used before that he would exclude it....if every promoter did that, wow you'ed NEVER see any new venues. Any responsible promoter should be able to figure out if the venue is safe enough for a rave.

PeacE
Sliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2001, 05:53 PM   #40
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
"Umm.. how bout Atlantis? "

Atlantis doesnt throw all night parties anymore. Destiny 37 was the last one back in march (thank god)
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2001, 04:01 AM   #41
xtcFREAK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to xtcFREAK
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottEE 2 HottEE
Quote:
Originally posted by xtcFREAK

Jay
veezee@home.com

Sounds like a not bad idea man.

Would you be able to get a hold of a digital camera maybe and take some pictures so we can check it out?

I guess i could grab any camera and scan it in.. good idea i will work on that this week!
xtcFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2001, 10:46 AM   #42
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally posted by Sliz
I don't get why just cause a venue hasn't been used before that he would exclude it....if every promoter did that, wow you'ed NEVER see any new venues. Any responsible promoter should be able to figure out if the venue is safe enough for a rave.

PeacE

My days of booking new venues and hoping for the best are long behind me. Technically, the only venues suitable for raves would be clubs. Any other venue would be a crap shoot. Having the police threaten to shut your party down early in the night is no fun. I guess what it comes down to is that I've been through too much crap and grief and I'm only interested in 100% sure things. For the safety of the ravers, in the interest in having a good party and in the interest of my sanity. Not sleeping for weeks before an event isn't good for anyone's health.

you're right, if every promoter didn't look around nothing would happen, but this is just my personal decision.
anabolic frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2001, 08:20 PM   #43
mystery_k
Hullanewbie

Im right with you Chris. I know for me personally id rather be safe. Im sick of going to parties and having an unsure feeling the entire time im there. I look forward to your next party and i had a blast at Group Hug. Keep up the good work.
Love ya
~~~~*P*L*U*R*~~~~
KrIsTy
mystery_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2001, 12:44 AM   #44
Sliz
Hullaboarder

I don't know the technicalities to getting permits for raves in Toronto(assuming it's all of the GTO), would the city not have to OK the venue first??? I just hope you find something!!!! Best of LUCK!!!

PeacE
Old May 16th, 2001, 01:58 AM   #45
[PRCÖ]
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to [PRCÖ] Send a message via Yahoo to [PRCÖ]
The docks is getting boring..

PRCO
[PRCÖ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2001, 09:13 AM   #46
noah
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to noah
Quote:
And impossible to use
It's pretty much summer now so they'll be opening it up as a club on Saturday nights soon

peace
noah
noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2001, 11:46 AM   #47
Jess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jess
Quote:
Originally posted by noah
Quote:
And impossible to use
It's pretty much summer now so they'll be opening it up as a club on Saturday nights soon

peace
noah

more like massive entertainment complex with a drive in movie theatre, pool, mini golf...etc

meh...

whta about using the church?

at jarvis and queen? (i think)

pretty nice...
Old May 16th, 2001, 12:26 PM   #48
DJ Wolf
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Wolf
Thumbs up ^^^^^

The Church is on Queen St, just west of Parliament, actually. It IS a really good venue, and reasonable priced too. Not very BIG for a Hulla party, but good for a slightly smaller one...

--Jeff
DJ Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2001, 05:01 PM   #49
Sliz
Hullaboarder

Is it really a church or just called THE CHURCH ?? Churches can make good venues....went to one in Montreal and it coulda fit 1500 easy.....two levels too....!!! If he does find a venue....I just hope it's after Exams!!!

PeacE
Old May 16th, 2001, 05:11 PM   #50
Jess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jess
it's an old church that's been converted into a club
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote