User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 22nd, 2003, 07:27 PM   #51
2cool4school
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
^^ best post so far.

The music hadnothing to do with the reason I stopped partying. I stopped partying because of the people. I stopped caring about people I only hung out with at raves, and after raves and at clubs. I made all these friends in 2 years. When I stopped partying they all dissappeared, and I realized they werent actually my friends.... they all had their own little rave cliques and what not.. and who knows anything anymore.. maybe I was a geek. But things like sponsors, people getting killed, girls doing E and having sex with guys they just met, jib dealers harrassing me in the bathroom, stereotypes.. fuck man. I cant stand it. Why did I start posting on this board again.

I had some of the greatest days of my life, they are all passing pretty fast, and I cant remember alot of it now..

but i think they prejudice stereotyping, made it more interesting.. cuz all these rebellious 15 year olds i see are doign the same thing I did when I was 15. RAVE TO THE MOTHA FUCKING GRAVE!!! And make some new "friends".
2cool4school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2003, 07:28 PM   #52
2cool4school
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally posted by kandeegirl2
it's been almost 4 years now and i have the same enthusiasm for parties as i did in the beginning...im still candy and i love it. i think the scene is just fine the way it is. if you contribute a positive vibe and you enjoy going because its something you like to do, then keep raving. i know i will for quite a long time....

i was candy for a month... maybe I was just a try hard.
2cool4school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2003, 12:59 AM   #53
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
im sooooo sorry you guys feel that way,you just dont get it,ther is a happy place between being a raveknob loser and jaded elitist bitter blowhard
think objectivly ...take your time ....now form an opinion
i lament the loss of people like you guys.....damn ,potential gone
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:01 AM   #54
single_string
Hullanewbie

Just be lucky all you people live in Toronto, I'm living in Wisconsin and I heard that all raves are being banned due to the rave act...though some raves still go on around but they are most likely to be busted. And yes, I really hate these kids going to raves for the drugs and to be "cool" and these rich kids going into hot topic thinking they can become a "goth/punk/raver" instantly, it doesn't happen just by buying clothes, because to be an official "raver" you must attend at least one rave.
single_string is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2003, 09:56 PM   #55
objectiview711
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to objectiview711 Send a message via AIM to objectiview711
well did any of them get their officicial "ravecool registration card"?
because until you get one from an ordained "oldskooler" and get it punched at least 5 times,AND get into a party for free because you know the promoters/djs you not officially a raver....duh
objectiview711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:50 AM   #56
okidam
Hullaboarder

Photos: 14  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to okidam Send a message via Yahoo to okidam
in the states, it just got so much harder to throw parties. michigan is so rave dead, its horrible, but people can do something about it. they can go totally by the book and hold an event like any other concert... but i have this ill feeling that even with a permit, and etc, etc, etc, it'll still get broken up and the promoter slapped with the 9 yrs in jail / $500,000 if ONE person has a drug on them (thus giving the police an excuse to pull out the old, and now refreshed crack house law).

THANKFULLY, the rave act that went in and was passed, had the bits about "ems presence, free water, cool off rooms, and other paraphanelia (pacifiers, etc) being proof that drugs were present" was taken out. originally, it gave reason to bust up the party, and GRILL the promoters and venue owners with the harshest penalites to give an example to the masses.

welp, wish us luck here in michigan. -.- otherwise, me and a few others are going to be so so so fucked.

if parties are going to be thrown in the states, and mainly in places that are very very anti-rave (michigan), it has to be thrown right, so if the book is thrown at you, you have proof you did everything you could. question is, will a judge not care, due to how this new law is worded? Hulla is thrown totally legally, and even with all the red tape n etc frolic goes through to throw each party... these are still pretty "Rave" events. but its 100% legal. this is the best combo for something like this to continue in states with hardened legal officials. wow, im going to bed, im mumbling...

PLUR & hardcore to the people ^_^

the uuk is dead... but long live the UUK Djs!
~Okidam~
~Snoop e~ (now aka skitch)
~Captain Cheddar~

Last edited by okidam : May 2nd, 2003 at 02:57 AM.
okidam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2003, 07:46 PM   #57
*Love-A-Lot*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *Love-A-Lot*
Red face

uh ELECTRO!

But even now that is getting rather old.
*Love-A-Lot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2003, 06:07 AM   #58
GummiBear
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to GummiBear Send a message via Yahoo to GummiBear
Punk is the worst style ever, especially the new pop/punk.
Toar up jeans/smelly/assholes, whats so great about that?

What ever happend to a person just being what they are, rather than being a genra of music. I love happy hardcore, but im not prancing around full of colry braclets and big ass jeans with colory hair. o.O People who love punk wear punk cloths, people who love rap love rap cloths.

I love happy hardcore/rock/70-80s funk/ I STILL DRESS LIKE BRANDON!!!!! THE MAN I AM!!!!!!

blank shirts and jeans...wahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

anyway punk sux :-\
GummiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 12:01 AM   #59
Snoop e
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 23 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Snoop e Send a message via MSN to Snoop e Send a message via Yahoo to Snoop e
Quote:
Originally posted by okidam
in the states, it just got so much harder to throw parties. michigan is so rave dead, its horrible, but people can do something about it. they can go totally by the book and hold an event like any other concert... but i have this ill feeling that even with a permit, and etc, etc, etc, it'll still get broken up and the promoter slapped with the 9 yrs in jail / $500,000 if ONE person has a drug on them (thus giving the police an excuse to pull out the old, and now refreshed crack house law).

THANKFULLY, the rave act that went in and was passed, had the bits about "ems presence, free water, cool off rooms, and other paraphanelia (pacifiers, etc) being proof that drugs were present" was taken out. originally, it gave reason to bust up the party, and GRILL the promoters and venue owners with the harshest penalites to give an example to the masses.

welp, wish us luck here in michigan. -.- otherwise, me and a few others are going to be so so so fucked.

if parties are going to be thrown in the states, and mainly in places that are very very anti-rave (michigan), it has to be thrown right, so if the book is thrown at you, you have proof you did everything you could. question is, will a judge not care, due to how this new law is worded? Hulla is thrown totally legally, and even with all the red tape n etc frolic goes through to throw each party... these are still pretty "Rave" events. but its 100% legal. this is the best combo for something like this to continue in states with hardened legal officials. wow, im going to bed, im mumbling...

PLUR & hardcore to the people ^_^

that is soo true... michigan sux with tha no rave act

Check me out on MySpace.
Snoop e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2003, 03:40 PM   #60
GummiBear
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to GummiBear Send a message via Yahoo to GummiBear
I love Happy Hardcore, kidna like trance, and umm house is alrite too. I never have been to a rave, but i have listened to this music for almost 2 years. Hehe im no raver, but ima be a DJ at some raves soon enought...*once i get good enough* haha
oHH if raves had a big jungle gym, id be a raver...hahaha
GummiBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2003, 12:32 PM   #61
*KanDie~AnGeL*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to *KanDie~AnGeL* Send a message via Yahoo to *KanDie~AnGeL*
Well around where i live... its slowly... fading out... most people are going to clubs...and puttin down HHC each chance they get... its sad.... but theres a few of us.. here that keepin it alive...PLUR always~ HuGz...

~Keep it Real~
HuGz...

www.kanditrade.com/

come and join us.....
*KanDie~AnGeL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2003, 02:55 PM   #62
Calypso
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Calypso
Smile What now?

Maybe I can add a new raver point of view as well. I've only been raving for a very little while, but already I've learned a lot more than I used to know. Originally I would of just called myself a clubber at heart, but now things are different. I fell into raving and I loved it. But suddenly I found out that a lot of people attended raves without the true spirit of it in mind. All they wanted is drugs or to make money or whatever. But there was also another group I met that did go to events for teh whole PLUR vibe and actually knew what they were talking about when it comes to underground stuff. Me personally, I'm never gonna stop going to parties, I'll wear my candy proudly each and every time cause I know what it really stands for. Rave parties wont die out I dont think. As long as there are dedicated peeps who actually love to dance and meet new friends and such, then its all good. Sure the scene itself will keep changing, but it wont go anywhere. I especially dont want to see anything happen to Hulla. I just went to FITS and had a great night.

Its definitely not as prominent in the US as it is in other countries, thats really obvious. It does bother me that I have to travel pretty far to attend events that make my jaw drop, but its all worth it in the end.

I have noticed the whole rave clique thing too whoever it was that mentioned it. What I plan on doing from here is to get some of my friends who are interested to actually come with me to a rave and kinda show them the ropes just like everyone who helped me out did. I have no problems with people going to raves for other reasons, but the best thing i can say about the scene is the feeling of connection i get when i meet someone new at a party who actually lives up to the whole founding principles about what raving was built upon. As a raving newbie, I still kinda wrestle over whether raving is an escape for me or hobby or whatever, I dont know what to call it other than a phenomenon. But whatever happens Im all about helping out in terms of keeping the scene strong and bumpin

Ive had some of the best times of my life at these raves, and its something I'm glad to have discovered. Stay Plurrific
~Your buddy Calypso
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2003, 06:16 PM   #63
Calypso
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Calypso
Question Something else

One more thing I wanted to mention. Without getting too far off topic, I'd like to see people chime in on what they think would happen if the whole scene did go "back underground". I've given it some thought and cant really come up with a good result. I mean, it would mean less hassle by authorities and get a more diehard crowd, but at the same time it seems that a bunch of positive things have happened to the scene getting some exposure. Im confused if you cant tell
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #64
liquidgecko
Hullaboarder
Pingu Slap Champion! High Score: 623 

Send a message via ICQ to liquidgecko Send a message via MSN to liquidgecko
I really hope raves don't move into the next "fad" because I just got into them this summer and well I love it!
liquidgecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2003, 04:59 AM   #65
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
Quote:
Originally posted by GummiBear

What ever happend to a person just being what they are, rather than being a genra of music.

ignorance

there is nothing wrong with being a genra of music, that's what defines people.

Music allows people to express who they actually are.

If you choose to dress like the average joe but you love punk music, that is your choice. Dont put people down for dressing like a punk rocker.

People who dress to a certain style of music dont do it because thats who they want to be, its because that is who they are.
RoB-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2003, 01:08 PM   #66
pixie_midget
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to pixie_midget Send a message via AIM to pixie_midget
^^^^^
I agree, I don't really have any style or type of clothes that fit into one genre, but i wear them all just because its what i want to wear and its who i am, and expresses my mood at the time
*:·.
.·:*
pixie_midget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2003, 01:44 PM   #67
synesthesia
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to synesthesia
Quote:
Originally posted by enD
I think that the bad part of the scene are the people who have been partying for 2 years and constantly bitch about everything yet still go to events. I wish those so called "elitists" would just shut the fuck up and dance or go somewhere else. Why are they hanging around? I know going to raves is a bad habit to break, but seriously grow up!

I pretty much went through the same "first rave" experience as most of you guys on here when I started partying 4 years ago, but then when I turned 20 I realized that being childish and shitty was uber lame. It's all about having fun. I wish more people would realize that and let loose. Maybe they need to put the beer down and take a pill again for their own good.

Well played, if anything its about the energy...anyone new or old to this scene is equally capable of bringing bad or good vibes to a party. I have found the veterans to be bringing the bad energy more often than the new ravers. I think a lot of people get jelous when they see some of these new kids having a good time and just wish they could be living their first time again. If everyone could just relax and have a good time ya know? PLEASE!!
synesthesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2003, 01:49 PM   #68
synesthesia
Hullaboarder

Re: What now?

Quote:
Originally posted by Calypso
Maybe I can add a new raver point of view as well. I've only been raving for a very little while, but already I've learned a lot more than I used to know. Originally I would of just called myself a clubber at heart, but now things are different. I fell into raving and I loved it. But suddenly I found out that a lot of people attended raves without the true spirit of it in mind. All they wanted is drugs or to make money or whatever. But there was also another group I met that did go to events for teh whole PLUR vibe and actually knew what they were talking about when it comes to underground stuff. Me personally, I'm never gonna stop going to parties, I'll wear my candy proudly each and every time cause I know what it really stands for. Rave parties wont die out I dont think. As long as there are dedicated peeps who actually love to dance and meet new friends and such, then its all good. Sure the scene itself will keep changing, but it wont go anywhere. I especially dont want to see anything happen to Hulla. I just went to FITS and had a great night.

Its definitely not as prominent in the US as it is in other countries, thats really obvious. It does bother me that I have to travel pretty far to attend events that make my jaw drop, but its all worth it in the end.

I have noticed the whole rave clique thing too whoever it was that mentioned it. What I plan on doing from here is to get some of my friends who are interested to actually come with me to a rave and kinda show them the ropes just like everyone who helped me out did. I have no problems with people going to raves for other reasons, but the best thing i can say about the scene is the feeling of connection i get when i meet someone new at a party who actually lives up to the whole founding principles about what raving was built upon. As a raving newbie, I still kinda wrestle over whether raving is an escape for me or hobby or whatever, I dont know what to call it other than a phenomenon. But whatever happens Im all about helping out in terms of keeping the scene strong and bumpin

Ive had some of the best times of my life at these raves, and its something I'm glad to have discovered. Stay Plurrific
~Your buddy Calypso
Old November 2nd, 2003, 01:50 PM   #69
synesthesia
Hullaboarder

^I rest my case
Old November 2nd, 2003, 01:58 PM   #70
synesthesia
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by objectiview711
well did any of them get their officicial "ravecool registration card"?
because until you get one from an ordained "oldskooler" and get it punched at least 5 times,AND get into a party for free because you know the promoters/djs you not officially a raver....duh

where can I get me one of these here cards?!
Old December 8th, 2003, 01:16 PM   #71
Takistos
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Takistos Send a message via AIM to Takistos Send a message via Yahoo to Takistos
Worst thread ever IMHO.

Shut the fuck up and dance.
Takistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2003, 01:02 AM   #72
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to xdigitalxdreamx
RAVING WILL BE THE NEXT FAD I KNO ITTT!! think about it! all the kids are walking around the mall are all in black and theyre all " oh im a hardcore goth!" but that will get reallly boring soon enough and everyones gonna totally switch and start walking around looking like a highlighter!! and think about it the whole fucking 80s thing is coming back hardcore! like all that chrinoline skirts and like flourestent shit! which its kick ass but will be ubermainstream! and all the retro 80s cartoons like rainbowbrite carebears and my little pony are EVERYWHERE! ppl are just bound to come across the "raver/kandee kid" image with all of this awsome cute stuff being so popular now!

yeah i kno it sucks bumcheese well i think it does...cuz i dont want to go to the next hulla and run into all of the loser mallrats from my school thinking theyre all that cuz they can run around carrying glowsticks!

but its something we willl have to except in the near future i guess * sighs*

siouxsie
----+----what you want 2B! in this industry! use that NRG! hardcore chemistry!!-----+-----
xdigitalxdreamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2004, 06:15 PM   #73
shuko_x
Hullaboarder

^^^ all it takes is one mainstream act to pump out a mainstream friendly hardcore song. Then a bunch of ppl will follow suit. Big record labels will try and market it.
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:07 PM   #74
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
enD and Rob-B both have quite valid points.

When I started this thread, things were quite different than they are now. I like the direction the hardcore scene in particular is headed in, after a few years of crapulence (IMHO)... the vibes are getting tighter, the music's getting broader and better, and the mainstream is starting to forget about us. The number of new partykids who stumbled across the scene recently, as it's recovering and improving, have so very few jaded idiots to experience, and thus the scene is thriving.

Hardcore will never die.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Everybodies_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:46 AM   #75
DJ Wolf
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to DJ Wolf Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Wolf
^^^ Amen, Bruva!!