Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:45 AM   #76
S2S
Hullaboarder

Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:45 AM   #77
S2S
Hullaboarder

I have never considerd raves being cool. That just sounds retarded. I love Rave parties and I will always love Rave parties! And if I go wicth may only be 2-3 times a year, I will have the time of my life and make the best of it. I dont care what people look like or how they dance ect...I get lost in the xtc of things and it is still a great escape from reality! Rave's in your mind are what you boy's & girl's make of it? And as for being underground or not? who really cares!
S2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2004, 01:51 AM   #78
GlowRaver4184
Hullaboarder

ok for the going back underground thing...i went to an underground party about 2 weeks ago and it reminded me why i like legal venues. The party was hoppin and everybody seemed to be havin a good time. then i notice these 5 sterioded muscle necks next to me, they pass around a bottle and empty it in one pass, then they each down a pill, then one of the kids cuts lines for everyone and they all blow a line, next thing i know they just start grabbing ppl and shoving and punching them!

When it got too outta hand alotta ppl decided to bolt before the cops came (there were some ppl who looked like an ambulance might be needed for) so everyone rushes for the stairs (it was a big warehouse basement) then fights break out on the stairs and it took like 10 mins to get that cleared, needless to say i left!

With legal venues/clubs, the chances of that happening are slim to none. Accelerator was the first Hulla I've been to and I had to say it was the most fun rave cuz i felt safe and secure. I dont know if the cops and EMT's are different in T-Dot or what but here in NY they just are looking for a good reason to bust you. I mean obviously at rave/party events drugs are going to be taken, it seemed to me that the Cops and EMT's there looked out for your safety first.

I dont think raves/parties will totally die out anytime soon, but we are heading in a new direction, I think maybe the governments of the world need to take another look at what is going on and find a better way to deal with it, maybe provide a safe and secure environment, the reason the RAVE ACT and such laws have been but in place was because they say that raves are dangerous to society and that ppl have died at them, the reason ppl died was because there was not proper medical attention, if medics and police are there to keep you safe and NOT bust you maybe ppl wouldnt die!

Sorry this is so long!

In closing.....

Raves are not going away, just changing

Frolic, keep it up, your the reason the "scene" is still around

PLUR is not dead, its just playing "hide & seek" until ppl come to their senses and realize what it really means once again........
GlowRaver4184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2004, 05:49 PM   #79
babyEjunglist
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to babyEjunglist Send a message via Yahoo to babyEjunglist
Quote:
Originally posted by GlowRaver4184

Raves are not going away, just changing

Exactly...
Old April 6th, 2004, 05:01 AM   #80
JonHennessy
Hullanewbie

Its not the scene that is dying, its the people in it. Notice the rapid decline in overall event attendance? And how bitchy people are about where they are held, how much it is at the door, shit never used to be so complicated. In order to save our scene, we must have unity of the masses, where everyone knows everyone again, and there are no socialy accepted "cliques". I live in ohio, and this is just my standpoint on where things are going now a days...
JonHennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2004, 10:23 AM   #81
*LIKORisQUIKER*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *LIKORisQUIKER*
Personally i think the whole "rave scene" has just been WAY to commercialized. Old schoolers have been around this scene for years and i bet u anyone of them can agree that it's not really that raves are almost cutting back on budget or anything like that...it's just the plain and simple fact that WAY to many people are getting sick of "back yard ho-down" parties, shitty club scene's and concerts, that the need to wanna move on, and dive into something else drive them. Sorry to say DJ Shift, i agree with u to some point, and i can't say that i know more then u about all this cuz clearly u've been partying longer then i have.....but i don't really think loss of talent has anything to do with it. It's just that everyone want's to see the classics...plain and simple. But i'll bet any money that within the next couple of years we'll all see more and more ppl trying to copy right the rave scene and make shift what the old school parties were all about.
~*P.L.U.R*~.....Hullabaloo....can't wait till u'r here!!!
Old April 6th, 2004, 01:17 PM   #82
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
Where I'm living, it's never been a fad. I think its starting to be one though, and that kinda pisses me off.. I know i'm probably sounding annoying. But I don't like whens theres only a couple of people who dress a certain way and then a month later everyone does it... then everything might get over done and i'll get sick of it
Old April 6th, 2004, 01:21 PM   #83
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

everything has been covered by pop culture. But people go back.. the 80s is starting to become a fad over here, in Pickering.
brooklynhype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2004, 06:06 PM   #84
otakuspeedvibe
Hullanewbie

I live in the new england area. And recently the big "rave spot" just got shut down. The press says its due to a fire code violation. But everyone around knows it was cause of irrisponsible ravers. doing various stupid stiff

Many people in the new england area see this as the death blow to the rave scene. But i think this is actually a good thing. We wont get the big name DJ's anymoer but people will finally stop ignoreing the smaller venue's and the scene will start going more underground. To me it seems like this is a current trend all over the US/canada
otakuspeedvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 08:22 PM   #85
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

Photos: 15  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to xdigitalxdreamx
i hear that blaire!
the 80s were kewl tho!
but i think the basic point here is if hot topic sells it
all the rich kids trying to be something theyre not will will get it
and suck out every ounce of awsome

look at what thouse ingrates have done to goth! *shutters*

siouxsie
----+----what you want 2B! in this industry! use that NRG! hardcore chemistry!!-----+-----
xdigitalxdreamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 01:27 AM   #86
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
The only good thing that came out of the '80s was me.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Everybodies_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 01:31 AM   #87
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
Down with the 80s!
Seizure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:12 PM   #88
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

ahaha i came from the 80's
:P
but the 80's are the shiznat yo!

Old June 3rd, 2004, 06:08 PM   #89
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Sexy.kitten
OH MAN OMGOMG 80's?????.....I dont think I would want to see ppl running around in spandex all the time nowadays....obesity is on the uprise you know. And as for 80's music...WTS!! Like I came outa the 80's but that dosent make it a GOOD time frame.
Sexy.kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2004, 06:19 PM   #90
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
The 80s sucked... but the 90s... the 90s rocked.... mmmmm 90s
Seizure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:59 AM   #91
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

I really don't think anyone notices raves are there. its not like a conversation topic at a normal party. but if it was im sure people would think its all drugs, sex, and loud music.
brooklynhype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2004, 02:31 PM   #92
ananee
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ananee Send a message via MSN to ananee
I had candy raver friends when I was in highschool... about 3-6 years ago. They would come back from raves and tell me all about the fun that they had, they'd recommend music to me and I even had a collection of beads. I was not a fan of going into the big city, scared of -- basically everything -- and I missed out on a lot of fun. But about a year ago I decided that I wanted to go to a rave -- having spent time in the big city and gotten over my fear of most things -- I was and am aware that the scene is not what it was when my friends were attending, but I have hope that there is still good in the scene.
One thing that really bothers me from the time that I have spent here on the message boards is the negative people who type things like "Ewwww, Candy kids are gross!" Or "talking about beads... How stupid can this thread get!" I mean seriously, the impression that I have gotten is that parties that play happy hardcore attract candy ravers/candy kids. If you don't like that DON'T GO!!! And Moreover DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!!! To each his own. People like what people like, don't try to ruin things for people.

That said, I hope that I will come out of my first rave experience feeling like I had a great time and met some really cool people and danced my little heart out.
Isn't that the point afterall?

Makes you think don't it?
ananee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM   #93
twinkley_star
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to twinkley_star Send a message via MSN to twinkley_star Send a message via Yahoo to twinkley_star
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHennessy
Its not the scene that is dying, its the people in it.

*lafs hystarically* sorry, i understand what you were saying- and i'd write about the scene changing and all of that business, but really, what more is there to say?!

i just wanted to point out how IRONIC [more than funny] that one sentence was.

anyway....

PR= *twinkles*
twinkley_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004, 09:27 PM   #94
Leon
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Leon
So what if it's not cool? It's about us having fun, right? Do you really want a bunch of preteens covered in candy because they think it's cool looking? The culture can thrive underground, even if it's uncool now. We're not just some fad to be chewed up and spit out by the mainstream. I started partying AFTER it was already uncool, there's a whole new generation of aspiring partyers out there to keep it alive!

If it's fun, do it! If I cared about the trendies, I'd be listening to some minimal techno at a hipster coffee shop.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2004, 02:19 PM   #95
cocainextoupees
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChemist
Mmmmm...

I hope the next big fad is smaller more intimate parties in the outdoors. Esp. in places of great natural beauty.

I hear about these ridiculous parties in Goa where the generators are lugged out to the middle of jungle / mountains / forest glades. And expat hippies and backpackers dance the day and night away :-)

sounds blissful

what you described sounds exactly like my experience at teknival!
Old September 9th, 2004, 02:10 PM   #96
chEArbEAr
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to chEArbEAr
cherry beach parties are also good for that...or any other freetekno parties

[iFX]
chEArbEAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2004, 09:03 PM   #97
Weaver
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seizure
Down with the 80s!

yay, someone who agrees with me!
Old September 9th, 2004, 10:20 PM   #98
xdigitalxdreamx
Hullaboarder

but i love the 80s
Old September 13th, 2004, 01:55 AM   #99
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
dont forget the snap braclets

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
DJ Tranzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2004, 07:11 AM   #100
happy1
Hullaboarder

some day when i become a dj, i will try to bring back the underground parties. from what ive seen, raving is about resourcefulness, using what you find around you to party and dress with. problem is, companies recognize this resourcefulness, such as glowsticks, traffic vests,etc..and have commercialized on it. now "party glowsticks and flashing pacifiers" are being sold everywhere. that sucks the creativity out of raving and demeans it by a long run. i feel that raves are going back underground. this makes me happy. i want to keep going because every time i usually meet another person that likes the music and plurr like i do and they understand me.
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote