The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Hullabaloo! Archives
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 11th, 2001, 11:16 PM   #26
DJ smoot
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ smoot Send a message via AIM to DJ smoot
Quote:
Originally posted by BuGGz

1. They were terrorist, not the goevernment, there for they can not declair war is there is not governmnent or country behind them.

If they do find the terorist a possibility that might happen is that they bring them back here, and give them the dealth penalty.

1. false, we do know for a fact that bush is going after anyone or anyplace who was "in support" or "harbouring" whoever it was behind this attack.

and with that other thing...the death penalty is not nearly enough

it takes one person to come up with a plan, but it takes many more to put it to work

think anyone working security at any of the airports could have been paid to look the other way? im not saying its so, but it could be a possibility.

elena
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:27 PM   #27
-=SmIxE=-
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to -=SmIxE=-
Unhappy

i still cant realize what happened. ive been glued to the tv since morning, ive even seen both towers go down live, when people themselves were shoked and noone knew what happened, instead of the analyzing reruns. i cant imagine whats going through minds of people all over the world right now.
Im 110% freaked out by Nostradamus's prediction, cus im a strong beliver of that, and if thats what he said, god help us all indeed.
If anyone is going to any parties this weekend, i hope there will be a moment of silence.
I am still amazed at how the whole act was planned. Dont get me wrong, but i would applaud to the person who put this all together. BUT BY all means.. DOnt get me wrong.
anyway .. im still kinda dazed about the whole thing, but i have full realization in my head.
i have so mane speculations about thigs happening.. some things just dont add up and make no sense at all. but im talking about these things in person, and dont want to make a bigass argument of all of this on the board.
This is indeed a sad day for all of us around the planet.

-=Smīxė=-
Old September 11th, 2001, 11:31 PM   #28
ghettothug
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ghettothug
im in so much shock.

i dont know what to say

we watched it all day at skool.
*highskool*
we had letters sent home with us to give to our parents.

one girls father had to go to NYC today.....I knew her. She doesnt know if her father is alive.
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:19 AM   #29
Wyld
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Wyld
Unhappy

The way it was:
http://www.nyctourist.com/wtc_new1.htm
Quote:
From John Perry Barlow's mailing list:

*DO* WORRY ABOUT US. AND, MORE TO THE POINT, U.S.

As most of you know, I believe that the United States has gradually, subtly, invisibly to most of us, become a police state over the last 30 years.

This morning's events are roughly equivalent to the Reichstag fire that provided the social opportunity for the Nazi take-over of Germany.

I am *not* suggesting that, like the Nazis, the authoritarian forces in America actually had a direct role in perpetrating this mind-blistering tragedy. (Though their indirect role deserves a much longer discussion.)

Nevertheless, nothing could serve those who believe that American "safety" is more important than American liberty better than something like this. Control freaks will dine on this day for the rest of our lives.

Within a few hours, we will see beginning the most vigorous efforts to end what remains of freedom in America. Those of who are willing to sacrifice a little - largely illusory - safety in order to maintain our faith in the original ideals of America will have to fight for those ideals just as vigorously.

I beg you to begin NOW to do whatever you can - whether writing your public officials, joining the ACLU or EFF, taking to the streets, or living visibly free and fearless lives - to prevent the spasm of control mania from destroying the dreams that far more have died for over the last two hundred twenty five years than died this morning.

Don't let the terrorists or (their natural allies) the fascists win. Remember that the goal of terrorism is to create increasingly paralytic totalitarianism in the government it attacks. Don't give them the satisfaction.

Fear nothing. Live free.

And, please, let us try to forgive those who have committed these appalling crimes. If we hate them, we will become them.

May God - or Whatever you want to call It - bless us all. We'll need it.

Barlow
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:29 AM   #30
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Wunderbrat
The States have announced that they consider themselves at war with any country that harbours the terrorist group responsible for the WTC attack.
Now because the states already are prepared for war
the only question for a possible WWIII is what could happen that will force other countries to partake?
If the States drop an atomic bomb totally eradicating their enemy that may cause other nations to condemn them.
It really isn't hard to believe that the world is a very tense place right now
and questionable actions taken by those involved (usa)
could lead to devastations far beyond those of today

Rick

Last edited by Wunderbrat : September 12th, 2001 at 12:32 AM.
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:41 AM   #31
-=SmIxE=-
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to -=SmIxE=-
now its just the point of WHO did it. once thats established, and it will be established, cus someone WILL TAKE THE blame, and then the world might be phucked for a few days. nukes i think are out of the question, this can be a full scale attack .. and its personal, noone ever wounded US on their own land, we know what happened to the japanese when a mere island was attacked, and that was military, now we're talking military and citizens.
all we can really do is sit tight and watch the damn box for more info.
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:54 AM   #32
BuGGz
Hullaboarder

Quote:
1. false, we do know for a fact that bush is going after anyone or anyplace who was "in support" or "harbouring" whoever it was behind this attack.

ACTUELLY, do we know exactly who did it, no. Therefor if the government was not involved they can not declair war.

they will punish the people involve, yes, and you are correct when you say bush is going after anyone who supported them, even if they sheltered them so they could not be fine.

BUT they will not declair war on a country if the government was not involve, they could possibly catch the tarorist and bring them to america and give them the death penatly. this was an option I saw on the news today.

It's still up in the air, who knows what will come out of it.

-Amanda
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:01 AM   #33
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

Quote:
alright all you people who are still freaking out. calm da fuck down already.

the world is in shock
especially North america
I'd be incredibly baffled if people around here weren't freaking out
being freaked out is the most sensible feeling to have right now

Rick
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:09 AM   #34
cool disco ed!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to cool disco ed!
Three thoughts:

1. Turns out I was wrong earlier; the 757 crashed all the way into the C-Ring.

2. America is not, and will never be a police state. What a load of crap from someone being really insensitive to today.

3. America should go after the countries harboring the terrorists.
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:13 AM   #35
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

Well, the US is almost positive that Omasa Bin Laden (sp?)
is behind the attack
and they've made it pretty clear that they will consider themselves at war with any country that harbours his terrorist group. The reason for making this clear is to acknowledge the fact that there are difficulties in battling terrorists.

Rick
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:47 AM   #36
Tenta¢leženta¢le
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Tenta¢leženta¢le
The thing I don't get is that why is it so easy for people to hijack a plane with knives.

I mean why can a plan full of people just over run the hijackers?
And what ever happened to the skymarshal program that had armed marshals in the plane?
Old September 12th, 2001, 01:50 AM   #37
Grrl2004
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Grrl2004 Send a message via AIM to Grrl2004
This is probably the best site I've found so far for anyone who isn't completely aware of the facts..

CNN Page - America Under Attack
Old September 12th, 2001, 02:00 AM   #38
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I still can't believe this has happened. I've felt like i've been in this weird numb like state all day. I took a nap earlier and woke up half thinking that it was all in my head. An unbelievable tragedy. Robin and I will be giving blood tommorow. wish we could do more.
Old September 12th, 2001, 02:52 AM   #39
Grrl2004
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Grrl2004 Send a message via AIM to Grrl2004
I've already given blood today.
Would give more if they would let me.
I know what you mean about the numb state though Chris, I felt the same way most of the day.

The first plane crashed almost 24 hours ago now. Certainly doesn't feel that long ago.
Old September 12th, 2001, 09:13 AM   #40
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

I just woke up
and I feel awful
just such an empty feeling inside
nothing else to say really

Rick
Old September 12th, 2001, 11:06 AM   #41
kittie_kat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kittie_kat Send a message via MSN to kittie_kat
YOu know, I didn't think that this would ever happen, no body did.. All of those innocent victims didn't deserve to die...Someone very spiteful and mean had to have done this..It takes a very sick mind to plan and go through with this...9-11, a date that no one will ever forget, many families lost valuable members and many people lost some of their good friends and co-workers..this was a senseless tragedy that didn't have to happen..
I wish that I could do my part to help by donating blood, but when I went down to the red cross, they said that I didn't weight enough What else can I do?? Heres an idea thoug...I'm just pulling this outta nowhere...Is there n e way that during the next Hulla, a little bit of the money from ticket sales can be donated to a charity to help victims of this tragedy..There has to be one..I mean a lot of people are going to be out of work and such and it is going to cost a lot to rebuild all this?? Just wondering...

Last edited by kittie_kat : September 12th, 2001 at 11:10 AM.
Old September 12th, 2001, 12:43 PM   #42
~~MaRgARitA~~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~~MaRgARitA~~
Quote:
Originally posted by BuGGz

ACTUELLY, do we know exactly who did it, no. Therefor if the government was not involved they can not declair war.

they will punish the people involve, yes, and you are correct when you say bush is going after anyone who supported them, even if they sheltered them so they could not be fine.

BUT they will not declair war on a country if the government was not involve, they could possibly catch the tarorist and bring them to america and give them the death penatly. this was an option I saw on the news today.

-Amanda

One person, or even one terrorist group could not have pulled off an attack of such precision without help from larger organizations and quite possibly from certain governments.

There was alot of money involved to pull this off, and alot of planning. The terrorist(s) are most likely in a certain country, and the government of the country probably knows they are there.
If the government knows they are there, or have supported them in any minute way then that country will be under attack from the states.

America has very often "terrorized" third world countries, so it would not be surprising to see these countries fighting back.

There was probably alot of inside work involved, especially to get the knives onto the plane.

It is all still pretty much speculation, and until they have concrete evidence of who performed this horrendous act all we can do is wait.

Margarita
Old September 12th, 2001, 02:51 PM   #43
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
OK, I've seen a lot of strange opinions on this thread, and I have an insiders view of military politics, and I'd like to put many peoples suspicions to rest.

1. As of right now, they DO NOT KNOW who perpetrated the attacks. Don't expect anyone to claim credit for the attack. If it was Osama Bin Laden, he will NOT claim credit for it- reference the World Trade Centre bombing, US Embassy bombings and so forth. There are many suspects, but we as the T.V. watching public will NOT be informed of who did it until retaliation is either underway or finished. Iran, Iraq and many Islamic Jihaads are suspect. It's rumoured that the hijackers are multinational. This could be a many-pronged organisation of several terrorist organisation... who knows? Don't be too quick to lay blame for this, until the official word comes down. The FBI, NSA and CIA are all very very good at their jobs, and they will find answers.

2. Whoever is deemed responsible will be wiped out- either personally, or by having their infrastructure destroyed. Now that NATO is deeming this as a strike to Organization security, this opens the door for ALL of the world's counter-terrorism forces to come out and play. There is no way that even the most fanatical mercenary will stand a chance against the likes of Delta Force, the SAS, JTF2, the Mossad and so forth.

3. The skymarshal program was brought in in the 1970's to respond to the increased hijacking threat. The program, along with non-negotiation policies instituted by western powers made classic airplane hijacking a moot point, it wasn't worth the risk any more.

4. I have no moral problems with the Pentagon being hit. It's a valid military target. I see the symbolism behind both targets, or all four original targets, but the loss of innocent civillian life at the Trade Centre, and on board the aircraft is the true travesty.

5. The reason these people were able to hijack the airplane with just knives is twofold.
i. The hijackers told the passengers that they had a bomb on the plane, and would detonate it if provoked. This kept the passengers in line. This may also be why the plane outside Pittsburgh crashed before reaching "target".
ii. Aircrew are trained to comply with the hijackers demands. Before yesterday, only one commercial airplane had been used as a weapon. The mentality with hijackers is that they wish to hold the passengers hostage to gain either political or financial resources. The pilot will follow all instructions to a point, because ALL of the people on his aircraft are his responsability. Once the hijackers have control of the plane, the flight crew are incapacitated, and the hijacker who is trained as a pilot takes over the controls... the passengers think that the pilot is still flying the plane, and the hijackers make sure they are none the wiser.
When someone hijacks an airplane, it's expected that they will land somewhere, and negotiations will begin... In this case, the hijackers gave their lives to allow someone else to hold the ENTIRE WESTERN WORLD hostage.

With this form of terrorism, there is a constant threat. There is nothing that can be done to garauntee that this won't happen again. The only thing that can be done is to strike back, with a message stronger than what was sent to us in the western world. Secondly, we can't let this tragedy affect us as much as it can. We have to go about our daily lives, keep aircraft flying, keep our financial institutions open. Yes, it leaves us more vulnerable to more attacks, but as soon as you let this shut down our institutions and our way of life, you have let the perpetrators win.

It's the most basic principal of counter-terrorism: no matter what the risk, never let the terrorists affect your way of life, because that is letting the terrorist win.

I concur with the opinion that this will be New York's finest hour, and further, North America's finest hour. It's a great display of humanity- everyone is affected, and everyone is doing what they can. I actually already had an appointment to donate blood today, I made the appointment on the weekend (I donate as soon as I'm eligible every 2 months)

Everyone over the age of 17 is a possible donor. Do it, it feels good to know that with 45 minutes of your life, you can save another human being.

God bless...

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old September 12th, 2001, 05:52 PM   #44
^SoJu^
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ^SoJu^
This incident has made me realize how much i cannot stand ignorant white trash.

I get to work yesterday and everyone is crowded around the tv, so i get to see the second plane crash live, then on my next break there are all these idiots running around the office saying that "14 planes have been hijacked" "60 thousand people are dead" and that the trade center collapsed on top of a nearby school.

none of these incidences being true. Then you get a bunch of blubbering 40 year old ladies who start crying and have to go home from work.

this is truly pathetic. unless you had relatives involved in the situation you have no right to mourn at such an extent.

crying publicly is a subconscious effort to gain sympathy and this sympathy is not deserved.

If my husband was buried in the rubble or was aboard one of those planes, i would be angry that complete strangers everywhere are trying to capitalize on this situation and indugle in self pity that they do not deserve.

If we truly selflessly cared about this situation you would go give blood, discuss the situation with others for a bit as it would be abnormal not to engage in the gossip and excitement that has happened, and then continue about your normal daily lives.

And also what a sick society we are, in that this event IS exciting to people. its like a huge traffic accident and the entire world is slowing down to get a better look.

This is natural, but face it, most of you people really dont care THAT much. You are just caught up in the sensationalism of the whole thing. I am as well, I love this sort of thing, i hate what has happened but i can't help but be glued to the drama that unfolds.

I watch with impressive amazement at how peter jennings eloquently and responsibly handles reporting this situation without probably having slept for the last couple of days. And I envy Dianne Sawyer for being 4 blocks away from battery park and being taken seriously as a woman journalist. Because usually in this situation people look to men as they do project to have more control over the situation.

The small female percent of the broadcasting industry is then made to look even more idiotic with that horrificly annoying and ugly wench Libby Znaimer (who only got her job for obvious reasons) report on how tragic it is to the financial world. And will the stock market re open today and if it does how will it effect everyone. How cold and callous a story is that to report on just a few hours after the incident happened itself. Libby Znaimer is an idiot.

Anyways to the general population of Canada, and to people who dont even live in the city, dont have government jobs, and basically are insignificant ignoramuses, shut up and stop spreading rumors. You have no reason to fear, no one is gonna crash into the CN tower. Do we really think we're that important as a country that we have a right to get so upset.

And to the idiot who, when i said "at least bush wont get in again" and she replied, "ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB, HE ALREADY GOT IN AGAIN, HE WAS IN BEFORE CLINTON" I hope a plane crashes on you.

Last edited by ^SoJu^ : September 12th, 2001 at 05:57 PM.
Old September 12th, 2001, 09:29 PM   #45
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

This is a situation where
I don't think it's right to question the sincerity of a persons feelings
or to view those who succumb to their emotions as an annoyance.

There is no debating that Canadian culture is strongly influenced by America. It shouldn't be surprising that we as individuals are as hurt as the average American at this time.

Rick

ps - whoever said Bush already served as president better be positive in their facts before insulting others
Old September 12th, 2001, 10:20 PM   #46
=cyprus=
Hullaboarder

I said before that "Would this have happened under Clinton's term" and it could have under anyones as this was apparently planned for years..

...years, for YEARS they planned, no one caught on, no one changed their mindes, they knew when they would die, they did it on International Day of Leace on purpose. I could not believe that...

I wish the u.s would stop saying this was a "WAR" This was a terrorist attack, saying and going on about "THIS IS WAR" is not the best way to go about it...
Old September 13th, 2001, 02:47 AM   #47
cool disco ed!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to cool disco ed!
It's interesting to hear the differences between American discussion of the incident versus non-American opinion. Everyone should try going to an American message board or chat room. (Yahoo, Lycos, etc...)

I hear lots more people up in Canada saying that perhaps the U.S. as a country deserved it, or had it coming to them. This is very hard for me to hear right now, much less understand. I'm trying to understand how people can judge the terrorists point of view with America with equality. A few days ago this board had a thread about how horrible the Taliban was. Now people are talking about the rights of the Taliban, the sovereignty of Afghanistan, and how the U.S. should not move against them. Does Afghanistan or Iraq deserve the same respect as a country as the U.S. does? Should there even be a question right now of which side to be on (and doubts about supporting the U.S.)?

I'm surprised by some of the anti-Americanism I've encountered in various discussions. All I can think about are all of those images seared into my mind. So many thousands of innocents killed without pity by an imcomprehensible hatred. I'm at a loss for words.

By Gordon Sinclair, Toronto (taken from bluelight)

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth. Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and
Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its remaining debts to the United States. When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it. When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes. Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans. I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the
Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes? Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon - not once, but several times - and safely home again. You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at. Even their draft-dodgers are not
pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting
American dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here. When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an old caboose. Both are still broke. I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even during the San Francisco earthquake. Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired
of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those."
Old September 13th, 2001, 03:19 AM   #48
sketchybry
Hullanewbie

this is the beginning of teh end but just afew things to think about how bad have the american governemntal officials wanted to change things in the Middle East: Regan, Bush and Clinton, now George W Bush have any of you ever even thaught of the possibilty that the american governmenmt could be behind this attack to anger their own people, and ally the rest of the world in their cause of changing things in the middle east i mean it wouldnt be inprobable for an american president to arrange such an act and to conceal it with a cover up point to some of the greatest enemies the americas have in the middle east.

Its just a thaught and yes i am fulll of conspiracy theories
listening to repetitive music.... Oh wait nevermind
Old September 13th, 2001, 03:42 AM   #49
Wunderbrat
Hullaboarder

Quote:
have any of you ever even thaught of the possibilty that the american governmenmt could be behind this attack to anger their own people,

you think the middle east really means that much to the American gov't to suggest ..........
oh fuck it
this doesn't even deserve a response

Rick
Old September 13th, 2001, 07:42 PM   #50
=cyprus=
Hullaboarder

"god took all these people and it gives us no hope"

OH SHUT THE FUCK UP!

People like that tick me off. Some woman said this on the news. Do they not realize that this was done by terrorists! Evil American hating terrorists.