Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 1st, 2000, 11:55 PM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Thumbs up

I just wanted to say that was a truly amazing and inspiring event.

I can't commend the organizers enough for their hard work which looks like it will payoff big time.

I was honoured just to be on stage spinning and want to thank them for that honour.

[This message has been edited by anabolic frolic (edited August 01, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 12:02 AM   #2
Lora
Hullaboarder

wish I could have gone. I think everyone did because nobody posted between 4:30 and 9:55 today. Damn work.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 12:42 AM   #3
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
I had a great time, i managed to grab a copy of the CD, listening to it now, its pretty good, and 10 bucks is quite cheap. I got interviewed by a few people, one tv reporter and a chick from 680 news. It was great seeing old freinds who i havnt seen in a long time. As a party......great party... as a rally.....great rally. I think we clearly got a message across and our voices were heard. We'll see tomorrow if it made a differance.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 12:53 AM   #4
RaaVeN
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaaVeN Send a message via MSN to RaaVeN
damn i wish i coulda gone!

stupid work!!!

Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:09 AM   #5
ShiFtAh
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ShiFtAh
Everything went great! Everyone was happy and dancing and the rally was on EVERY station's newcast every time.

Massiv ups guys! It was a complete success, despite what some people expected.

Best of all, everyone interviewed knew WHY they were there and WHAT they were fighting for.

-peace.
laura

[This message has been edited by ShiFtAh (edited August 01, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:18 AM   #6
sKitCH
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to sKitCH Send a message via AIM to sKitCH
I wish i could have gone too. Its been so long since i've done anything remotely resembling partying/raving that i think i've forgotten how to do it. Plus was kinda in the mood for a good ol fashioned Frolic set today. Either way, i hope everyone had a good time.

Also, its my firm belief that weather you like him or hate him, everyone should probably see bad boy bill at least once.

-skitch-
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:22 AM   #7
R-Type
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to R-Type
Thumbs up

That would probably have to be one of the best parties I've ever been to... and it was a POLITICAL EVENT, too. So great good was served in going. The place was packed near the end, with crowds backing out to the streets, and people dancing even as far as the rear speakers and, this is what made my entire day, IN THE HUGE WADING POOL. It was completley full of dancing, shoeless people!

Crazy! A good time was had by all. Especially me, because I finally got to see my friends Kim and Jenn from mississauga, among others. If you VOLUNTARILY didn't come, then you're obviously retarded.

-Adam
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:26 AM   #8
8)_popinfresh_(8
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to 8)_popinfresh_(8
it was great to see so many smiling *sober* faces, I was asked if i wanna buy drugs once so thats a new record

jumping jack frost was sick!

thats all i have to say..

Luke
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:33 AM   #9
TraNceAhoLic
Hullaboarder

there was good and bad......

GOOD: the whole atmosphere of the place, 15 000 peeps, unifying for the music, no problems, all smiles....wiked vibe

BAD: the losers with the sign that said "Doing E is not a crime" buahahah they were takin care of tho

the music....yes the music....the only set that was good was Honey Dijon and thats sad cuz i usually hate him/her?

Derick Carter suked, BBB put me to sleep and I found it really wierd that TRANCE a music which is extremely popular in toronto was ignored. I dont understand how you could play hhc but ignore trance????? makes no sense to me......

Later,
Brian

[This message has been edited by TraNceAhoLic (edited August 01, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:35 AM   #10
Scoobs
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Scoobs
Before CTV aired the segment on I-dance, they felt it was necessary to run a week-old segment on ecstacy, and a new segment which quoted a DEA official as saying Ecstacy causes 100's of psychotic episodes a month.

So here we are fighting for credibility, and they go and do this. We throw a party to show we're not all e-tards, and they shove it in our faces.

That irks me.

-Matt
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:37 AM   #11
Capital_K
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Capital_K
yah man...those peeps dancin the mini pool were crazzzzy...guess it didnt matter that it didnt rain....neways...i thought JJ frost wuz juss aight....ed rush wuz sick though...mic levels were a little high....and the bass wuz a little low...i should've gone 2 turbo but whateva...
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:39 AM   #12
fr00tl00p
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to fr00tl00p Send a message via AIM to fr00tl00p Send a message via MSN to fr00tl00p
Too drunken...must sleep....

Nah. I'm not really drunk anymore. Let me just say. I went to this bar, and there was a BUG in my drink. They took it back and I thought they would be considerate enough to bring me a new one...but NooOoOOooO they just FISHED IT RIGHT OUT AND GAVE IT BACK TO ME.

It took me three hours to get downtown. There was some sort of torrential downpour that I couldnt escape, and it took three busses just to get to the damn subway alone, since each of them decided they weren't going all the way. Not even the traffic lights were working, and the streets were like little streams.

I polished off way too much alcohol...I think the whiskey was the clincher...I'm home awfully early and my head hurts...

The rally was amazing. Truly. (For a party ) I'm not being sarcastic. (IM NOT!!!)...I saw a lot of people who I haven't seen in forever, met a few new people, and saw those who I see often BUT I KEPT LOSING THEM, lol...AND I saw people who definately should not have been there.

And I know you're saying yeah yeah yeah, ANYONE could come. But seriously, you thought it was mainstream BEFORE? In a way it was absurd. I saw my hairdresser there for crying out loud. Ok well, I've seen her at quite a few parties actually. But still! I saw people there from like one of my old schools who all of a sudden turned 'raver' for the rally and were all clad in like phat pants and shit, and I just wanted to fucking stick big 'LOSER' signs on their foreheads. What a joke. Blech.

Anyway I had a lovely time, Will, Rob, you still suck I'm sorry I couldn't go to the after party but I have to work tomorrow (and yes I know there were 7.50 pitchers )

Good work and my applause to all those who put it together.

I only met a few people who were fucked out of their minds. Someone offered me E, but I think I gave them a nasty enough look so that they warned everyone else in the square not to approach me.

Um....let's see...what else do I have to say...my mouth is incredibly dry. I'm starving. I think I saw way to many police officers on bicycles...

Nat, I lost you guys and I looked around forever and like YEAH RIGHT I WAS GOING TO FIND YOU AGAIN...So I just split... Call me tomorrow or something.

nite nite guys.

Erin

[This message has been edited by fr00tl00p (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:44 AM   #13
zoo
Hullaboarder

idance review

This was an amazing event. there must have been 10,000 people there, nathan phillips square was PACKED. People were dancing, having a great time, and enjoying the party. It WAS a party ... a party to celebrate our culture and show that are responsible as a group and can MORE fun than anyone else without the use of alcohol, or any other mind-state altering substance.

The free water was a great idea. Unfortunately, by the end of the night, they had run out of cups!! Ahh!! I was tired after *5* hours of dancing, and I desperately need a drink .. so I opened my mouth and told them to pour the pitcher .. ;0)

The dj sets were great. Of those I wish to comment on ..

Anabolic Frolic did a kickass job spinning classics that made everyone smile. I don't even like happy hardcore but I couldn't help but dance and enjoy the atmosphere.

Jack Frost had a decent set ... too many
'breaks of silence' and buildups in the music for my taste .. made it kinda bo-ring .. but fun most of the time.

Miss Honey Dijon I think opened up with one of my favorite latin-house tracks, I forgot the name but it's on the "Miami 2000" CD. The sasla pianos and the amazing latin vocals made me sooo happy I was screaming the words out and dancing like a lunatic!!

Derrick Carter came on and really dragged the mood down. His set was waaay too downtempo, and it seemed to kill the vibe. After awhile he started spinning some harder darker stuff and it became alot more interesting, very head nodding, like a slowed-down richie hawtin.

Bad Boy Bill was horrible. I have never liked him, never will. Too much hype. I was booing when others were cheering, I did not dance, except a few times out of mockery, and I spent most of the time during this set pushing my way through the crowds right at the front. Just piss people off ;0)

Ed Rush. Unbelievable. This was the greatest set of the night, and I was fully ready for it. I kickstepped/hardstepped/break danced .. you name it, I did it. The energy his set had was amazing. The vibe in the crowd was incredible. And MC Fearless was insane. This was my set-of-the-night.

Hmm. Now for the fun stuff :0)

During Ed Rush's set, my friend called me over to see something. Grudgingly, I obliged. I saw 20 kids dancing in the pond !! So I took off my shoes + socks and joined them !! You've never felt ENERGY until you've danced in the pond at nathan phillips square, to a wicked Ed Rush set, with everyone else dancing with you, kicking water, having fun, and pure smiles all around. I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I was the one running about in the water all over the place yelling "YEAH WATER CREW !!" and various other things. Incredible.

Also, this was really a reunion party for me. I caught up with soo many people, I can't begin to list them. Unfortunately I didn't bring a camera [*stupid*], cuz I'll never see all these people at one party again.

To anyone who reads this and knows who I'm talking about .. whats up to ...

[crackhead crew]
Greg, Victoria, Chris, Natasha, Brandon

[shawna's crew]
Shawna, Candice, Candice's BF, Melissa, Tony, Mallory [spelling?], Leah/Leeane [sorry I forgot! ;0)]

[my crew]
Alex, Ryan, Andrew

[Alanna's crew]
Alanna, Rob, Ryan

[Barn Crew]
Malglo, Jay, and the short girl in the yellow fuzzy pants .. i forgot ur name but i guess u'll see my post !!

[Water Crew]
Me, Ryan, 100 other insane people dancing in the wateR !!

and 'props' to the Scream Killer, the Stilts dude, the Gorilla kids, and the wheelchair dude !!

I didn't buy the CD. I wanted to, but wasn't sure if i'd have enough money for an afterparty. Well, I didn't even go to the afterparty !! Oh well.

And MC FLIPSIDE was pretty annoying the entire time. And DR Trance scares me.

:0)
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:47 AM   #14
- -ScubaSteve- -
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to - -ScubaSteve- -
Cool

Tonights I dance rally was AMAZING!! everyone that was there will know what i mean. I think that Mel was not only regretting this WHOLE rave ordeal, but he was really pissed that he did those dums ass bad boy commercials
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:49 AM   #15
- -ScubaSteve- -
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to - -ScubaSteve- -
Cool

Tonights I dance rally was AMAZING!! everyone that was there will know what i mean. I think that Mel was not only regretting this WHOLE rave ordeal, but he was really pissed that he did those dums ass bad boy commercials
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:54 AM   #16
*sPaRkLe*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *sPaRkLe*
wow - i had an amazing time tonight! i got to see some faces i havent seen in a long time, barely anybody tried to sell me drugs, i didnt see people walking around looking completely retarded and the music was decent. a lil bit of trance and breaks would've been nice but this was a free event so who am i to complain! hehe

latah,
liana
Old August 2nd, 2000, 01:56 AM   #17
ScottE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ScottE
Thumbs up

oh my fuckin god.

what a party.

I'm still coming to terms with myself, I can't believe this happened...

best time i've had in a party atmosphere this year..best vibe i've seen in a awhile..

everybody was all there for the same reason, all partying, smiling, dancing...it was amazing, I basically never left front center stage for the whole thing.

BEST sets: THE bad boy bill, my fuckin' god, everybody was going absolutly nuts. even people who didn't look like the regular party goers, they were going crazy with smiles on their faces.. (anyone see the bum with the brown jacket, scary..) and anabolic frolic I say must come second..as soon as he came on, this real happy vibe just went over the whole place...I even saw a girl crying.

this is going down in history..props to everyone who made it out to this mad jam..we'll know if our attempt was succesfull tomorow, but I have a good feeling it's all going to work out.

to all the fucking morons who decided to dose, what the hell were you thinking? I mean, I even saw people smokin' joints in the crowd..sure, we all love the green, but I mean, ONE fucking day, can't you leave it at home? pot's looked at the same way as any other DRUG...
Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:07 AM   #18
Scoobs
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Scoobs
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ScottE:
to all the fucking moronswho decided to dose, what the hell were you thinking? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously... at 5:00 in the afternoon? On a Tuesday? That's the ultimate example of NOT being in it for the music. You gotta feel sorry for thsoe people, though They're gonna wish they were dead when they try to get to work tommorow .

-Matt

[This message has been edited by Scoobs (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:17 AM   #19
~*kErbiE*~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~*kErbiE*~
Oh my...in all of my Irish days I've never seen such a thing. *in cheesy irish accent* Dribble...you know what i'm talkin about.

Hmmmph...well it was truly awesome gettin' to spend time with my gurlie anne marie (aka dribble) and d-bonics (justy) it was a smash. The only sucky part was that I lost *someone* and searched for them for like THREE fricken hours. And i didn't even find them. Arg.

I was totally impressed with all the sober people Only got offered E once. Woop woop. Way to go kids.

HAHAH i can't believe i got recognized a few times from "skope" haha look at what you've done steve! Arg! Lol! It was good seein' everyone that I did. I missed you all. Anyways, I just got a sudden headache...maybe I should sleep it off.

Goodnight kids! Happy I-dance

sAuceY LacEs
haha
Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:18 AM   #20
SpikyJungleChild
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SpikyJungleChild
Wow... all I can say is WOW...

This party was incredible; a vibe which reminds me so much of Group Hug a few months back.

The people were happy, the vibe was thrashing, and I had an absolutely amazing time. I agree, trance was ignored... that is very odd, considering trance is a HUGE genre in this city, and the world.

I thought putting on Miss Honey Dijon (INSANE set; best of the night), Derrick Carter, and Bad Boy Bill on one after the other was a bad idea; too much house all in a row. I had to leave at 9pm to get home to sleep for work (now I can't sleep, so here I am), so I missed Ed Rush and Matrix which was what I was going for talent-wise.

Dynamite MC didn't show (at least with Jumping Jack Frost), but Fearless did an adequate job of filling in (i'm not too big on Fearless; the same rhymes for 5 years, eck!)

Anabolics set was awesome; HHC is one of those things that, when done properly, I LOVE. And Anabolic dancing was kinda kewl too... methinks I will start a thread on that.

Saw a million people I haven't seen in forever, which was very cool.

Props to Leslie (mah baybay), Ryan, Steve, Kat, Snugglebunny, Lisa, Raoul, John-O, Jeremy, and all da rest of da crew for representing tonight... and respectz to all of you for making this happen.

It really was a moving event; I'm just honored that I was a part of it, even as one of over 15,000 spectators.

^-PLUR-^

Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:27 AM   #21
stargurl

Send a message via ICQ to stargurl
my idance adventure began at 12:30 today when i left work. i travelled to downtown london, met fred, and of course it was pouring rain. by the time we got to the bus station, we were just soaked. the ticket guy felt so bad for us that he gave us paper towels.
so then i had a big long bus ride.
then a walk to NPSQ. then, the fun began.
what a night, what a night.
i saw so many people that i hadn't seen in such a long time, it was amazing. so many smiling faces, only a few drugs, great music, great people, so many friends. i could go on and on.

thank you to the organizers!
and the cd is wikkid
Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:42 AM   #22
MalGlo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to MalGlo
Great party.. Props to frolic.. i knew it was gonna be a set of classics and for sure it was.. but it was great!!!... daaamn!

Was certainly great runnin into so many people there.. thanks to everyone who came up an said hey ... hahaha zoo.. haha 'barn crew' sweet..

i saw a couple people who were high.. its amazing how much u notice their huge glossy eyes when surrounded by so many sober people.. what to do? approach them? leave them alone? bah!

WOOHOO.. Ran into some wikkid breakers from Buffalo!!! eh you guys rocked... ps. jessie, was it? tuck yer shirt in next time..some people got some real good pictures hehehe

Whens the next party in nathan phillips square?!?!

Dave

Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:43 AM   #23
ducky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ducky
oh crap, yeah, my email and icq i will leave..
duckss@yahoo.com
Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:44 AM   #24
ducky
Hullaboarder

oh no!! my first post was deleted!
Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:46 AM   #25
ducky
Hullaboarder

Exclamation

OKAY THIS POST IS IMPORTANT CAUSE I LOST MY BAG.....
I had a really amazing time, but I'd just like to get everyone who gave me their # or email to CALL ME, because I can't call them. I met some AMAZING people too! (that's you too zoo.. hehe)
---so I was the short girl in the yellow fuzzy pants, white stars n bum patch on em,,, for ppl I met---

Ummm... This rally/rave was absolutely amazing. I don't know if it was POSSIBLE to have gotten a bad vibe there today. I saw parents with kids, parents without kids saying "we just wanted to hear this amazing music", parents without kids dancing to the music, parents up on that balcony watching all of us have fun- they stayed so they weren't disgusted but rather pleased.....
We may have been afraid that this would bomb, but instead we showed everyone what dancing and positivity is all about.. !!!!!

NOw.. people I'd like to contact:
-RAY! wearing lots of orange, lots of hugs
-Sean you went to my school
-zoo hello! barn crew!
.... OH no my memory's failing!!! aaaah!!!

Christy
/ducky/phat phreddie
ps. yay for the back on yer browser