The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media > iDance
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:49 AM   #26
Stan
Hullaboarder

Erin!!! We stayed for like 1/2 an hour after the thing ended looking around for you but you were gone As I said to Nat... "You know... deciding to go through the crowd one last time was a B A D idea!!!

hee hee

Um ya, I had fun. There were a few cracked out idiots, but on the whole, the crowd was AMAZING. 15,000 people there to have fun and support the scene. This was the best vibe I've ever seen at such a large event. And I think it was great that everyone helped to pick up the trash after the party ended. I would have liked to hear some trance, but oh well...

I definitely hope this becomes a yearly tradition!!!

To quote one of the jungle MC's:

yabbadabbadoo yabbadabba selectah yabbadabba lightah yabbadabba BIG UP TORONTO!!!
Old August 2nd, 2000, 02:56 AM   #27
zoo
Hullaboarder

ducky! that was your name ;0)
we gotta chill in b-town sometime hehe
i'll assemble remnants from the 'crews' that live in brampton

it'll be fun :0)

malglo ...
good stuff running into you and jay so many times too ;0)

i loved this party
and MORE PEOPLE shoudl post some damn reviews

:0)

lets hope mel assman and his band of rejects we call city officials decide to lift bans on city owned property

i dunno

whatever :0)

i'm going to sleep [i'm at my friend's house .. in his bedroom .. and he's complaining cuz i'm clicking hte keyboard and keeping him awake ..]

ok bye ! :0P
Old August 2nd, 2000, 03:16 AM   #28
cRAVEr
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to cRAVEr
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capital_K:
yah man...those peeps dancin the mini pool were crazzzzy...guess it didnt matter that it didnt rain....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah that was kinda kewl I guess, I dunno I had like next to NO fun today. Although it had NOTHING to do with I-Dance, that was just sik! Thank youz...

Will
TDSC
Alex D
Dj's
MC's
RAVERS
Volunteers
Cops
Medix
Security
whoever else I missed
(lastly)
The guy who was arrested for goin on top of the pillar. That was amuzement, although its shitty you got arrested. I saw Flipside didn't agree either.

Anyways, without I-Dance and its positive aspects influencing us, the media and most of all the city counsellors we would still be in a shithole.. I dont think they are going to back down now...

On another note....

Lisa : I looked for you for over an hour. Sorry I didn't see you. I missed you

Les, Dave, etc : I hope you all had fun.... hope you found each other.

johnno : Steve needs that $6.25 he gave you, he repaid me with his own money so that is now his. Seeing as I am home, yeah I got the money.

Kate : I was thinking about the bracelet on the way home (stoopid 50 minute walk) The blue beads are problems, and the orange bead, yes.. I will agree its me... Get what I mean ?? Thank you for the talk, although it didn't help much seeing as I kinda put you in my sad state it did show me that there are ppl who give a shit. Although that bottle still looks nice!

peace,

cRAVEr aka Ryan

Old August 2nd, 2000, 03:24 AM   #29
Commander Keen
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Commander Keen
Cool

I-dance was a smashing success...
The vibe was totally there.. (like dave said, it reminded me of group hug)It was cool to talk to non partiers and explain to them what its all about. I saw peple with their parents, people who brought their little brother or sister along.. etc..
The music was pretty good.. little disappointed about frolic set, casue it was so short. Jumpin Jack Frost was amazing.. I don't usualyl dace to jungle, but I just went nuts.....
Free water was a great idea.. especially today.. casue it was so hot and humid.

15,000 people... thats amazing..

It was great to see everyone again. (dave, leslie, jeremy, Johnno, Ryan, Paul, victor, Wendy, Kat, Cindy, Jeff, Ashleigh, Jo-Ellen and everyone else that I can't remember

I got interviewed a few times... but I felt really stupid, casue I didn't know how to respond to their questions..
"too many thoughts in my head, can't express them eloquently."
doh
Old August 2nd, 2000, 03:25 AM   #30
*~*~*ChEEr BeAR!*~*~*
Hullaboarder

I'm not going to write my review because it will take up this entire thread with nasty comments.

Lets just say:
I should've gone to Iron Maiden. I probably would've had more fun.

Oh, and people are STILL stupid. The more people I saw that were fucked up, the more heartbroken I felt. Do people not realize that they're taking advantage of the scene? It was clear to me that HALF the people there didn't care what the fuck they were doing there, or what it was ABOUT, they just wanted tits, ass, music and DRUGS
If you can't stay sober for 5 hours AT A FUCKING RALLY FOR CHRISTS SAKES, THEY SHOULD STAY THE FUCK HOME.

AND, SEXUAL HARRASMENT SUCKS!

MEN (ALL OF YOU) CAN KISS MY FUCKING FAT WHITE ASS!

I guess I sort of DID write my review. So I will end it with a simple: FUCK YOU.

Oh look, it rhymed. tee hee.

P.S - I have lost so much respect today and it feels like my heart has been ripped in two.

Other then that, to all the people that WERE sober, and knew what they were there for, MASSIVE respect.

Maybe people will grow the fuck up.

Old August 2nd, 2000, 03:29 AM   #31
*afterglow*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *afterglow*
Thumbs up

I had lots of fun.
Seeing so many friendly faces which i havent seen in ages!!
Sorry to those i didnt say much too!! Im shy sometimes!!
heheheh nobody ever recognizes me first!! damn all of you

All of you people who went and got fucked up..... here's a big fat merry FUCK YOU too you all.

-candace

[This message has been edited by *afterglow* (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 03:30 AM   #32
*~*~*ChEEr BeAR!*~*~*
Hullaboarder

btw Frolic, thank you for putting a smile on my face.

Your set was the only one I actually enjoyed, and I dont usually listen to HHC too often.

Anyways, thanks.

Oh, one highlight: I took amazing pictures. I think what kept me going all night was my damn camera.

Old August 2nd, 2000, 03:31 AM   #33
WikKid
Hullaboarder

Yes, yes, this was a great party. It was like a reunion, I met peeps that I haven't seen in a long time. The music was hype, the breakers were hype, and those drums were hype.

Thank God it stopped raining.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 03:39 AM   #34
olde
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to olde Send a message via MSN to olde
I was so incredibly proud of Toronto today.

Let me say first that ending the rally with Ed Rush, Matrix and Fearless was a truly honourable thing to do. It would have been so easy to end the rally with a crowd pleasing trance set. But you guys did the right thing, and I will forever be grateful that my night didn't end while listening to 1998 or a remix.
You guys represented the roots of the Toronto scene by giving the junglist vibe the final word.

I was there for JJFrost's set and i was kinda dissapointed, i left when I heard the words "Moonshine Records" and came back just before Ed Rush and Matrix, I went up to the upper level before I saw the crowd, , i was absolultey blown away, it was just incredible the vibe that the crowd was throwing out. I was just so incredibly proud of everyone involved.

The final set I half danced my ass off half took in my surroundings.
The sound was pretty bad so i got up to close to the front, I cant even express in words how much it blew me away. Im ramblin on now.

I wanted to catch Dominik @ limelight because something like this wouldn't be right without a Dominik set at some point in the night, But I have to work in the morning so im home.

Respect to all the Toronto *gasp*Ravers*gasp*

jordan &lt;---for the first time in years feels comfortable saying the word raver

Old August 2nd, 2000, 03:46 AM   #35
SnaP_KraC
Hullaboarder

I had a good time!!!

damn a lot of plp showed up eh, it was fucking paccccccccked! The weather was aite, kinda hot, im glad it didnt rain though, cuz that would have sucked, it was all good though, at around 6, the weather got all nice!

Anyways, yih i had a wikked time! Got to see a lot of plp i havnt seen in hella long, also there was plp i wanted ot see which i neva got a chance too, which sucks, boo

ED RUSH WAS ABSOULTEY AMAZING, damn i wish i went to turbo, boo boo boo!

I rilyl liked miss honey dijons set as well, i was dancing muh asssss offfffff, yay ,it was fun!

JJ frosts set was aite i guess, where the hell was dynamite? wtf? I like Fearless and all ,but plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz git sum new rhymes, god damned! boom boom boom boom selctahhhhhh

Mc flipside is offfcially ANNOYING, plz shut up, the man talked and talked forever, about the same thing over and over again, my gawd, and what is up wit his funky retarded shoes? ahah k i am mean, i'll stOP!

DJ SLIDE IS HOT, jen, that was fun eh? lol
he prolly thinks were fr3aks!

did anyone see tha homeless drunken kracke dout lady dancing with no shirt on????? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW PUKE, that was so narsty, holy fuk, she got taken away by the cops later on that nit,e she fell to the floor crying reeking of pee and booze, it wasnt a plesant site, thank gawd it wasnt a raver, ahahahah!

ahah there was some rilly weird plp there, yike,s but thas what made it much fun!

the flyer plp were annoyign ,every second i get handed a flyer, i must have said *i already got one* at least 4959607 times that nite, christ!

booooooooooooooyahhhh

there was a lot of fun fur kiddies, werent ya'll hot?

i was and i wasnt even wwearing fun fur ick

wee

k im tired and sore

later

Old August 2nd, 2000, 04:00 AM   #36
cRAVEr
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to cRAVEr

*bump* - yes I know its still early.. who cares........
Old August 2nd, 2000, 04:07 AM   #37
Pokopen
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to Pokopen
oh yeah, it was a huge success. no doubt.
honestly, i didn't think that many people would show up because of the rumours of poor weather conditions. well, after coming back from dinner, i was wrong. the place was packed, so packed that i was dissapointed that there weren't enough space to dance around. but we wanted high number of attendance so that was really good.

hahahaha, it was funny looking at those people playing in the dirty pool. many of you who participated in that, otherwise fun, let's-all-jump-in-and-play-cause-eveyone-else-is-jumping-in-too freak show, don't realize how it really began.

apparently, some suit in his thirty's starts running up and down the pool like a krazy mad motherfucker. i don't know what motivated him, he could've been high on crack or he could've gone insane after having lost his job and his wife. well, whatever the fuck happen to him, he would surely have been looked as a crackhead to the eyes of journalists and mel lastman. i couldn't believe that the security hadn't pulled him out. it was a scene of shame. very dissapointing. then some other crackheads and etards starts jumping into the fucking pool full of gross shit and starts dancing like monkeys. if you happen to be one of those goddamn fuckedup clowns, congratulations, you are fuckin stupid to be doing drugs at a protest against banning raves. of couse there were other people who just jumped in because everyone was jumping in. but seeing how it got started, i couldn't dare joining you guys because it would just mean that i'm out to support those stupid crackheads and etards.

i know some of you just jumped in not knowing how it started, that's ok. but those people that i'm pointing my fingers at, should be very ashamed of yourselves.

Old August 2nd, 2000, 04:19 AM   #38
FunKstAR
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to FunKstAR
I was honoured to be a part of this event...

Something magical happened and for the first time in a long time...I remembered what I started partyin for...What all my friends and other ravers mean to me...

I felt Peace...Love...Unity...and a whole lot of respect..

It was great! I am definately proud of everyone and lets hope we showed them what we are made of...

We are not drug addicts we are ravers and nothin they can say or do can take what we feel inside and what we know and have come to terms with away from us

Thanks for the amazing night...

hugZ

Jeannie
Old August 2nd, 2000, 04:22 AM   #39
Sober J
Hullaboarder

WOW!!

The rave community has proved to be the eptimoe of a strong commmunity. What a truly brillant evening.
The P3 did it, and I think for the most part the ravers did it too. Yes, there was a couple of messed up people, but for the most part is wasnt that bad.I believe that it is invetible in such a crowd.

It was thrilling to see how many alies we have. People from all communities came out.

Fantastic job done by the P3 and TDSC. I think mother nature is a raver!

PEACE
and who said PLURR didnt exist?

Thanks to all that signed the Raver Index 2000.
Lots of you commented on my shirt
"Dancing is NOT a crime"

[This message has been edited by Sober J (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 04:29 AM   #40
Jayo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jayo
Thumbs up

Ahh... idance was wikkid... props to everyone who helped out with it, and everyone who came... it turned out sooo good... soo many people! holy shite... i was so proud to be there... everyone was wikkid... ahh... one of the highlights, was when some dude started dancing in the fountain thing... then everyone started going in... that was certainly interesting... i was laughing... i just hope no one got in shite for doing it... well all in all... it kicked serious asstor...

ahh! and those dancing wind people things by the stage kicked ass too...

.:jayo:.
http://members.home.net/jayo69

Old August 2nd, 2000, 05:04 AM   #41
bucky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to bucky Send a message via AIM to bucky

what a fuckin nite... i just laught at some of your posts. whatever..

Bad Boy Bill - i had never seen him before, i didn't pay attention to the "technical" part of the set, but better yet the way the whole place was jammin to his set. simply great.

Same with Ed Rush and Matrix and all the other dj's! Who cares about the "technical" part of things for one night, remember why they came out to spin - to support a city they don't live in, but love. Kind of why well over 100 people from Buffalo if not more drove up.

The people dancing in the pond thing, loosen up a bit, just kids at play..

Announcements were made and asked people to clean up, and clean up sure was done! How great was that seeing the place pretty clean compared to how it could've been! Props to all of us!

TDSC, P3, and everyone else involved, you all deserve alot of credit!

August 1, 2000 will never be forgotten! It was all about our freedom to dance! (someday a movie will be made of it all)
Old August 2nd, 2000, 06:34 AM   #42
dea
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to dea
Well all I can say was it was amazing. We just got home from TO... we were in the city for 12 hours, in the 12 hours, we spent about 4-5 walking and 7-8 dancing. Needless to say I am a little tired, so tired I just cried the whole way home from the last drop off.

THere are 40 posts already which is crazy so I don't supose many of you are going to read this. But none the less... of all the parties I've been to that was the best... and it ended at 10, I'm not even talk about lime light, which was good, but most people just seemed sooo tired.
Thank you everyone... it was very amazingly good.

Kate
Old August 2nd, 2000, 06:42 AM   #43
DIGITAL_EUPHORIA
Hullaboarder

2 words!!!!

FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!
Old August 2nd, 2000, 06:43 AM   #44
dea
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to dea
Oh I forgot to tell my little story. Towards the later half of the rave I was getting very tired, so I went out towards the street, and sat on the rail. I put my head in my hands and just rested... then I looked up, and all I could see was happy people dancing, and I said to myself, "holy shit there's a rave going on in Nathan Phipls Square" and then I said, "What the hell am I doing siting down" It was really amazing, and I don't think I will ever forget today for as long as I live.

Thank you again.

Kate
Old August 2nd, 2000, 07:30 AM   #45
Johnny Funk
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Johnny Funk
I just got back from the afterparty at Limelite and all I can say is I had a blast from the time I got to Nathan Philip Square till now when I just got in...

What REALLY made me buzz like fuck is when I stumbled upon the mighty CHRIS LIBERATOR!!! He was just walking around enjoying the energy of the people... Too bad he never played huh??? WOW!!!!!!!

I never really did notice anyone fucked up or on drugs. Some of you say you saw people messed up but I never did... Hmmmm...

Thanks to all who organized this...

I really hope it makes a difference as far as the politicians go...

A historic day that I will never ever forget.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 08:23 AM   #46
Lite Sabre
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Lite Sabre
Damn SketchLobster! I'm at his house, and when he went to post, he forgot to change the User Name and Password...twice!

"Silly kids, Trixxs are for kids.

Lite Sabre

[This message has been edited by Lite Sabre (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 08:25 AM   #47
Lite Sabre
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Lite Sabre
*sigh* SketchLobster...guess I'll just add in my review here!

For the most part I had an amazing time there. I think everyone I knew, and those people that the people I've only met a few times at parties...were all at the rally.

I saw one person smoking weed...I could smell near the stage quite often, I heard one person ask for E, another person say they're gonna look for mushrooms, and I didn't see any fucked up - so for the just of it, it was all good.

One thing I thought that comes to mind when I think of the speakers who came out is: POLITICAL AGENDA

It was nice that they came out and everything...but...well I'll just end off with that 'cause they were supporting us, even if it wasn't for the RIGHT reasons.

It was kewl 'cause I know Adrian Johnson...the guy who is leading the sub-committee on raves for the Toronto Youth Committee - I knew him from Ontario Model Parliament...if anyone knows what that is. He was surprise that I partied.

SketchLobster raises a good point (below) about the fountain "crew". I know they didn't damage or anything like that...but there are signs that say not to go into the fountain...and we are there to show that we are responsible, not just with our "drug use" but generally as young citizens.

I noticed that Klubmasta Will didn't really say much about that in his post...I'm curious to know what he thought of it??

It was really wikked seeing all the lighters light up while watching from above...anyone else see?

So yeah...I enjoyed myself...and I kept the bitching to the minimum.

"Let the fools have their Tar Tar sauce. - Mr. Burns

Lite Sabre

[This message has been edited by Lite Sabre (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 08:27 AM   #48
SketchLobster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SketchLobster Send a message via AIM to SketchLobster Send a message via Yahoo to SketchLobster
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jayo:
Ahh... idance was wikkid... props to everyone who helped out with it, and everyone who came... it turned out sooo good... soo many people! holy shite... i was so proud to be there... everyone was wikkid... ahh... one of the highlights, was when some dude started dancing in the fountain thing... then everyone started going in... that was certainly interesting... i was laughing... i just hope no one got in shite for doing it... well all in all... it kicked serious asstor...

ahh! and those dancing wind people things by the stage kicked ass too...

.:jayo:.
http://members.home.net/jayo69

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EEEeeeeeyeScreeeeeeeam!

Ummm...and on that note.

Was I the ONLY ONE that found the morons in the fountains inconsiderate jackasses?!?

Consider this. They came out to protest peacefully, support the event and the scene, and raise moral and respect regarding the rave scene and ravers period.

Now then...how much respect did they believe officials would give to a group of maniacal (drugs or not, the word just fits) E-tards prancing around in a PUBLIC, "No Wading" (there was a sign there and everything, a city bi-law) fountain like a bunch of fucking preschoolers might?!? Honestly.

Did your underdeveloped brains truly concieve that defying the law and defacing government property,(all the garbage thrown into the fountains that was NOT picked up by the throw'ers) would prove anything positive to the Mayor or anyone else?

People just didn't think. That really fucking pissed me off.

And I confronted a few nearby jackasses about it too when they emerged from the (disgustingly filthy I might add) waters.

When confronting one, he simply shrugged away the fact that he might be inconsideratley jeprodizing all the hard work put into the event.

When confronting another, accually prior to her jumping in...her only question was, "will I get in trouble?".

Disgraceful. Respectability my ass, all you've proven by that public display of teen ignorance is the generally juvenille manorisms of many "ravers". (Not all, but far, far too many)

Other than that...prior to that point of the evening...all went fairly well. Nicely put together...and a very wikked time indeed.

BBBill made me have an orgasm, no suprise there though...and Kenny Glasglow put on an unusually good set.

Good stuff!

SketchLobsterJay.
The original crustacean king.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 08:43 AM   #49
Ade
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up

^^^ relax man....just relaaaaaaaxxxxxx....

anyway the party was amazing, but anyone who was there knows that. and the ed rush and matrix set was the most intense BY FAR - special thanks to the security guard who gave me back my cell phone when it fell off my belt from dancing WAY too hard during that set.

had tears come to my eyes a couple times...something about the phrase "peace love unity and respect" that always makes me want to cry. and i seriously love the people dancing in the fountain, that was amazing. think about it - unless you're a cynical, jaded, pessimistic loser, the only thing you think when you see people doing that is, "wow, those people look like they're having fun". and that goes for the average person who sees that on tv, and probably even the average city councillor. hey, it's our friggin fountain after all.

and a special hello to Emily and Christine, you guys are the cutest.

peace,

-Ade

p.s. i have this mental picture of sketchlobster trying to tell some happy, pumped-up-on-vibe soaking wet partier that they shouldn't be dancing in the water, and it makes me want to laugh. you'd make a great security guard.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 09:04 AM   #50
prodjectx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to prodjectx
Smile

man, what can i say...this was an amazing event. great turn out, i was glad to see everyone together as one, young and old. =] can't complain, this was a free event, and mad props to all the orgainizers and peeps who contributed their time. got my copy of the idance cd*track 2 & 3, just sick =D* hi-light for me that nite was meeting alex,...the fucking best graphic designer, big up! http://www.massivenumedia.com
look out
peace, 1lOvE
rYaN
http://www.prodjectx.com

[This message has been edited by prodjectx (edited August 02, 2000).]