Go Back   The HullaBoard > Other Stuff > Politics & Media > iDance
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 2nd, 2000, 05:26 PM   #76
dea
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to dea
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Santa-Mike:

BTW... if you didn't see the breakers circle, you didn't see the rally...
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh my god yes... hahah this is like my 4th post or something, but I just keep remembering things.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Myrana*
honestly, I'm sorry but I really didn't enjoy myself. I left at around 8:00.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry to hear that... when I saw ya you looked like you were having a good time, and then seeing you at lime light... well lets just say I was surprised to see this post.

I will tell you, I know that not everyone had a great/amazing, or even a good time. But I think it's mostly because they didn't let them selves have one. Sometimes you just have to try and forget about you're problems and dance.

I just want to thank Heather, Kristin, Jorden, Ian, Darryl, Jeff, Glenn, Dave, Leslie, Ryan M.,Ryan T., Adam, Gus the girl in the pink top behind me who gave me an orange lolly, everyone who I saw smile, and all the break dancing boy, that girl Jorden met and I forget her name, all the girls in the bathroom of lime light, everysingle person that waited in line for lime light (and didn't pay the bounchers and extra ten bucks), to everyone who staied sober... all night, and everyone who worked hard to make all this happen, because you have truely created an unforgetable moment in my life.

Kate
Old August 2nd, 2000, 05:39 PM   #77
dea
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to dea
Can we do this every week?
Old August 2nd, 2000, 05:53 PM   #78
zoo
Hullaboarder

oh yeah

did anyone else see what someone had wrote in bright orange chalk on the walls

"BURN RAVER BURN"

that's not cool
Old August 2nd, 2000, 05:57 PM   #79
Roches
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Roches Send a message via MSN to Roches
oh come on dammit

they're ravers, they can do anything.

im not sure where we decided that it was ok to do whatever we want.

if you want to go to the rally all fucked up, fine.
if you want to sleep in public, fine.
if you want to go around telling people how SKETCHY you are, fine.
if you want to ask me for a cigarette every time you have any kind of vague suggestion that i may have them, fine.
or even better, asking me for change and giving me some story about how you need it to get home even though it's damned obvious it's for drugs, fine.

but do NOT whine when they take your scene away.

cause yer cool.
automatically.
just for coming.
*ravers*.

Old August 2nd, 2000, 06:20 PM   #80
BaBy RaVaH
Hullaboarder

What I was very impressed with was the speeches , the people who chose to speak were intelligent and had lots of good things to say about the scene.
I had a great time, I don't see how people can complain about it (it was free).
I saw lots of friends I haven't seen in a long time.
I also respect the fact that I did not see that many people high. The people that were high "get a fucken life!".

anywayz all in all, it was lots of fun!
~Heather~
Old August 2nd, 2000, 06:23 PM   #81
mystic_e
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mystic_e
Talking

I will never 4get that night 4 as long as I live. Thats all I can say. It was just amazing....

Flexxy: "Get him to sign ur boob" hahahaha
Old August 2nd, 2000, 06:31 PM   #82
Ðè§tÏÑÿ
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Ðè§tÏÑÿ
Wink

Well I would like to start off by saying I had an amazing time last night at I-dance. Too bad this wasn't a tradional thing or something b/c I had a lot of fun. It was differnt experience for us all being outside and all when it was still light out, hehe.
I was supose to be home last night around 1030 b/c I had an exam today in summer school for English, but me and Cindy didn't end up leaving there till just after 10 and I didn't get home till almost 12...hehe opps!!! haha oh well, it was worth it tho
Well it was wikked seeing all my friends again and meeting new ones too *hugz* I have missed all of you so much. I'm just really glad I went. haha and Chris (C02) I want to see that video u were making at the rally, haha thats gonna be sooo funny!¡! So is it a date?¿?

-Andrea
Old August 2nd, 2000, 06:32 PM   #83
Ðè§tÏÑÿ
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Ðè§tÏÑÿ
Oh and one more thing, I'm also really really glad it didn't rain (well at least not that much) *phew*
Old August 2nd, 2000, 06:57 PM   #84
dddubbb
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dddubbb
Thumbs up

PLUR!@!#@$
PLUR!@#@$_#%#%#%
*blows bubbles*

that was an AMAZING night
boring house my eye!!!!!!#~@!#~

favorite sets:
miss honey dijon
BAD BOY BILL!!!!~@!#!~!

highlights:
seeing people from the board and not wanting to talk to them.. hehe
"whistle posse shut the fuck up!"
BATMAN
adrien johnston's speach (i've known him since grade 9)
getting lost in the music
a sign that sad "raves are fun"
BAD BOY BILL!@!#$@$()#%

letdowns:
me and lavery were watching this amazing dancer in the pervillian thingie when all of a sudden he pulled this move where he pretended his glowstick was a needle
WEAK!
a certain someone accepting k (i would have done the same thing though..)

dub

[This message has been edited by dddubbb (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 07:04 PM   #85
vitaminJ
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to vitaminJ
Question

ok before nething goes further.....

i was heard that there was another dance rally happenin on the 16th... now im wondering, cause you see i don't know if this is true... SO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANOTHER DANCE RALLY ON THE 16TH???
Old August 2nd, 2000, 07:35 PM   #86
ProdigyBoy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ProdigyBoy
gonna keep this point form bc realy who wants to read 3pgs of reviews *g*

-best party of my life or atleast a tie
-could never break in within 20 feet of the stage but it was all good
-derick carters last track mix was wicked (redeemed himself)
-bad boy bill through an amazing set especialy the first 20 mins
+lil rain to cool down, and night falling
-screaming out loud all day long, dancing like mad
-frolics set was short but very sweet played some of my fave tunes
-i went nuts to ed rush and matrix (as i was to the previous couple of hours)
+soaked with sweat, and meeting my friends to go at 10, they watched my shoes as i took a last dance in the fountain. it was soo much fun. had long shorts on but ppl splashed me anyways

ohhhh it was a fablous night. didnt get to see some ppl i wanted to see but it was wicked,. wish honey dijeons set was a bit shorter but hey she deserved the time for her troubles.

il talk more later, this party is gonna be with me for life, plenty of time to share it later.

*hugs* thanx to everyone,
Cameron Bay.

Old August 2nd, 2000, 07:56 PM   #87
Baby Raver
Hullaboarder

Talking

wow!

amazing night

saw people i thought i would never see again..

i had so much fun!

thanx to all the organizers and to the sober ravers that were there supporting the scene!

xoxo
-jedi baby
Old August 2nd, 2000, 08:14 PM   #88
Min
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
I think we acutally got a message out....aside from the 4000000 people fucked on jib and smokin weed...it was good.

I can't believe the ammount of jib and weed I was offered....it was fucked.

Oh well.

Loved watching the breakers...

Min.

[This message has been edited by Min (edited August 02, 2000).]
Old August 2nd, 2000, 08:47 PM   #89
PaRtYKiD!
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to PaRtYKiD!
Few more things..

PROPS TO THE MARSHALLS!

And Miss Honey Dijon is the sexiest drag queen I have ever seen.

PaRtYKiD
Corey
Old August 2nd, 2000, 09:22 PM   #90
ScottE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ScottE
anyone see the guys in suits dancing in the window right above the main doors to city hall? people were cheering em all on, hehe
Old August 2nd, 2000, 09:27 PM   #91
Capitik
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Capitik
Everyone has pretty much summed up everything that I want to say. So I'll keep it short.

I had a fucking wikid time!

Ryan &lt;--- had a fucking wikid time
Old August 2nd, 2000, 09:34 PM   #92
Angelic Dreamer
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Angelic Dreamer
OMG, I HAD A WIKKED TIME!
haha...my parents were there, and i think my mom just became the NEW OLIVIA CHOW! hahaha....woohoooo!

The Vibe was AMAZING, and my bf was dancing like MAD! everyone was giving him props and shtuff! i had such a great time, i'm still hyped about the whole thing, and i've been trying to watch every news thinggy i could...eventho i didn't catch much.

i also got to meet lotsa ppl! YAY!

so yah! i really hope this turns into a once-every-year thing...ya know? like...

July 1st ---&gt; canada day...
Aug. 1st ---&gt; iDANCE DAY!

Old August 2nd, 2000, 09:52 PM   #93
~~MaRgARitA~~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~~MaRgARitA~~
All i can say is wow

Corey pretty much summed it up. And you wrote it beautifully hun. It was really great seeing you again

I came to the rally straight from work, i was really tired, and didn't know where anyone was, but i still had fun.

It was almost like a huge family reunion. I saw people i haven't seen in months, and one girl who i haven't seen in a year.

So to all my friends who i finally got to see, which is mainly the london kids, and jon from buffalo, it was great seeing you guys again

We truly did come together to support something we love. Just like corey said all the barriers came down at this party.

I personally enjoyed Bad Boy Bill's set alot. the track selection was awesome. I think i danced the most during his set then i have danced at a party in months

I'm still pissed off about the drugs use. but mostly sad about it. I don't know how ignorent and pathetic people can be to do drugs when camera's are on them, and everyone is watching us. How could people be so incredibly selfish i still can't get over it *sigh* i truly thought we were all bigger then this

There really isn't much else i can say, except that was an incredible night

Margarita
Old August 2nd, 2000, 09:59 PM   #94
societies_devil
Hullaboarder

wow is all i can say...that was fucking crazy
nothing more can really be said than what has been said above...

but just a couple things...

first..what was with that speaker (i can't remember his name) who was speaking just before frolic i think..anyways the one comment that i think ruined his whole 'speach' was "and if these ravers want to go out and do there drugs..the more power to them" like wtf? i dunno, either i miss interpreted that or that was unappropriate..oh well

as for the fountain...i honestly thought that was immature...yes everyone was having fun, but i do believe there are signs distinctivly saying 'no wading'. i mean hell i would've been in there myself if i positivly knew that i wouldn't be contributing to fucking up what the rally had done for us, but i didn't know that the media or mel wasn't going to use that against us..and neither did any of you...
but it hasn't resulted in any negativity so far, so it doesn't bother me, though i still think it was irresponsible...and i hope those water people realize that they were getting things pelted at them, like those plastic drum sticks, etc...
but that just goes to show the sheep in the scene, how many of you water people would've gone in if that one guy didn't start it all off?

none the less it was quite an experience..and i dunno about anyone else but i was fucking loving the house last night, i loved how 3 house sets were in a row...mmmmm it was delicious

ps - the flyer kids were so fucking annoying, i must have got the from dusk till dawn or whatever flyer 15 times last night, and must have seen another 3000 on the floor, that is why i was hoping that noone would be flyering there cuz the ground would be littered with flyers
Old August 2nd, 2000, 10:11 PM   #95
Roches
Hullaboarder

the speaker before frolic... i forget his name... but he was a civil liberties lawyer, and he's actually entitled to say what he did.

all he said is that if we choose to do drugs at parties, we should have that right.
the parties-drugs association is too strong to break any time soon; he had to talk about it. and so he said what a rational society should believe.

he's right, too. there is no medical, scientific or moral distinction between going to a club and drinking 18 beers and going to a party and doing e. the only distinction is legal.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 10:19 PM   #96
ProdigyBoy
Hullaboarder

socities devil,
abt the water...i replied on the water thread.
just wih the new pts u made...
no wadding sign&gt;never saw it, and had gotten an OK by a cop

immature&gt;dancing is immature too, i was fighting for my right to express myself.

things being thrown&gt;i didnt notice that, but i would rather be associtated with the ppl in the water then those assholes throwing things.

yeah i also agree that flyering at the beggining and early stages of the rally just created a mess, i couldnt see any waste bins through the crowd at all. and much thanx to all involved again.

bye bye,
Cameron Bay.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 10:23 PM   #97
Roches
Hullaboarder

there were waste bins all over that i saw, and the marshalls were doin a nice job of making sure they were usable.

and yes the flyering annoyed me, but what else do you expect. people capitalize on everything.
Old August 2nd, 2000, 11:26 PM   #98
{{{ethereal}}}
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to {{{ethereal}}}
I came home last night from I Dance with the biggest grin on my face. It was amazing! I haven't seen people come together like that in a while and, yes, it was a nice return

It seemed more like a 'rave' than a 'rally' which wasn't bad excpet some people were there to dose or *smoke pot* Damn, I smelled that shit everywhere.

But yea, nice being interviewed by people: cameras, mics, the works! hehe And I had fun interviewing people too! But that's another story...

Great rally!! Great signs! (BTW, loved the one that said 'ravers are voters')
Old August 2nd, 2000, 11:33 PM   #99
Scoobs
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Scoobs
Guys... chill with the no wading stuff...
They have those signs to waive LIABILITY in case someone trips and drowns, or cuts their feet. They don't actually care...

I mean, you wouldn't catch me DEAD in that cesspool, but so what if people danced in there.

-Matt
Old August 2nd, 2000, 11:51 PM   #100
ProdigyBoy
Hullaboarder

Arrow

sbout that line up...
-optical out with ear infection...Matrix replaces
-jumping jack frost sick, but spun(i somehow didnt notice)
-frolics set(short but good)*sounds dirty but not*
-MC Fearless (did i hear correct...howd he end up comming)
-honey djeon & derick carter paying for there own flights and playing for free. awfully nice of them
-bad boy bill -i have never heard him play this good b4 in my life. actually that was the best house set of my life. the lil drizzle, 20mins of hard beats, night falling, crowd...wow
-kenny glasglow (didnt spin?)
-dr trance (didnt spin aswell...but MC'd) so no trance
-live preformance of strike down. suprised by it. not sure about it lyerically but it got a few nods and *l*s from me.
-speakers *great job*
-ed rush and matrix...good good
-mc dynamite (was he there?)

i hope if this were to take place again video screens could be put up to catch this action and visuals. could djs actucall be on the saucer part? just knowing that if it were to happen again it would flood the sq np.

later
Cameron Bay.