Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 12th, 2000, 11:04 PM   #1
HuLLaFrUiT
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to HuLLaFrUiT
Question

JuSt a RanDOM QueStiOn.
HoW manY oF YeR ParEntS LeT YeW paRtiE.?
and If thEy Dew... DeW thEy KNoW abOuT yeR usE oF druGs.??

i donT knoW wHo aLL wiLL sEE thiS buT teLL yEr FriEndS i wAnnA KnoW...
LuFf
HuLLaFrUiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2000, 11:12 PM   #2
ShiFtAh
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ShiFtAh
i wasn't allowed to party at first but i did it anyways, that's really the only way you can get what you want ... if you peresist.

i have used drugs but never at parties anymore... and my mom knows that and she gives me rides to parties (if need be) and helps me pay for my tickets and stuff.

music, dancing and friends make me so happy and my parents would never try to take that away from me.

-peace, Laura.
ShiFtAh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2000, 12:48 AM   #3
~*~bOArdErGirL
Hullanewbie

Thumbs up

yah my parents can't really say anything. i just tell them that i'm not going to be home till 7:30 or 8 oclock in the morning and i leave. they don't really have a problem with it bcuz well, hmm, maybe cuz i live in a small city and they figure itz less dangerous? i dunno....

i think if parents don't let their kids go to raves, itz probly just cuz they got the wrong idea about raves in the first place.

**fUnK thE SYStEM**
~*~bOArdErGirL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2000, 10:55 PM   #4
*Sparkles*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *Sparkles*
Unhappy

Actually my parents don't let me party. I have discussed it with them numerous times, but they keep saying that it's too dangerous. Since that was their concern, I told them I would be home at a certain time, plus I'd be with friends, but they were still too worried to let me go. So after lots of persistance I got, um nowhere really, except that perhaps they'd consider it in the near future. I'm almost 18 and they give the freedom to make up my own mind for anything else.
I know it's not right of me, but at times I'll say that I'm going to a club (and I would tell them the club I was at), and that I'd stay at a friends house afterwards when sometimes I was really at a party. And to answer your question I don't do drugs at all parties...I guess if you want to try to reason with your parents and they would get too worried to let you go, I'd rather see my parents worry less and just have fun dancing the night away!
k, later
*Liza*
*Sparkles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2000, 03:23 AM   #5
DreameChilde
Hullaboarder

I'm 22, in university, have a car, a job, and a dog. If my mom didn't let me party I'd be pretty pissed
DreameChilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2000, 12:22 PM   #6
Lucky Clover
Hullaboarder

My parents know I party. They've known since my very first party. They've never had a problem with it prolly cause I always went with friends I've known since like grade 6. Then I started dragging my older sister and now they feel better about it cause she can drive us there and back. Before her my parents used to drive me and ma friends to parties in the winter time when it got too bloody cold to wait around for shuttle busses.

Drugs? No they had no idea when I USED to do them. I'm pretty sure they were in serious dennial. Although my dad always said I could try any drug I wanted ONCE, but if I did it more than once he'd kill me. Ahhh if he only knew.
Lucky Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2000, 05:03 PM   #7
TranceHed
Hullaboarder

i don't get in any shit for going to parties whatsoever and when i used to do e at parties i told them straight up. the only thing that used to freak them out is if i decided to pass out at a friend's house after or go and chill somewhere and not let them know because they didn't know if i had od'd or something bad had happened. being straight up is the best way to gain trust
TranceHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2000, 01:02 AM   #8
NuNrg_Guy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to NuNrg_Guy
Talking

I've never personally had a problem with my mom vs. parties. When I went to my first party [Hullabaloo Year 2] I pretty much walked out the front door with a simple 'Bye mom, going to a rave, see you tomorrow'.

When I got home we had a short discussion about it and she asked about the drugs.. I completely told her the truth and she said so long as I'm responsable about it she'd allow it. Seeing as how I'm 19 now if she had a problem with it anyway, I'd probably tell her to go **** herself!
NuNrg_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2000, 04:49 PM   #9
ProdigyBoy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ProdigyBoy
i try ask my parents if i can go to the odd rave and alot of the times they will say no. in that case il just lie to them. yeah im going to a club (i will leave the rave early), i'm sleeping over (used 1nce), im going to a dance or picknic (day time or early raves).

im honest about drugs. i dont do them, who tried sell them to me. what did they say and what they had.
dont realy say who i knew who was on them.

later,
Cameron Bay.
ProdigyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2000, 01:16 PM   #10
Nocturnal Creature
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Nocturnal Creature
I told my mom about my first party. Just told her im goin here. Its a rave. She said okay. I came home in the morning and she bitched at me because "she didnt know it was a rave" Arrrrgh. Dumb parents.
Nocturnal Creature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2000, 01:44 PM   #11
*Lite Brite*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *Lite Brite*
i didnt tell my parents about my first parties and when i finally did they didnt agree and didnt want me going (they didnt like the idea of me being alone/with a few friends in toronto... i live in a hick town and they aren't accustomed to the big city)
they finally decided that it would be better if i didnt lie about it and we could get along so now theyre ok with it as long as i can pay for it myself (i have 2 jobs i always can pay myself)
and about the drugs
i party sober often but not all the time
my parents are NOT ok with me doing drugs but arent stupid enough to believe i never have.
i have explained to them that parties are not all about the magical pill of ecstacy and a state of utopia to me tho
my parents trust me thats the main point

Danielle
*Lite Brite* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2000, 02:42 PM   #12
LiQIiD_CANDY_RaVeR
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to LiQIiD_CANDY_RaVeR
My rents don't mind me going to raves. Actually my daddy thinks its great... He wants me to have fun while I am a teenager and stuff coz I guess when yer his age and have kids yah just can't do shit anymore.... so yea my rents let me do whatever.
N as fer drugs I don't dose at partys and they know that so theres another reason fer me to go no problem. I only smoke weed and drink hehe and well my daddy smoked weed everyday before and after werk when he was a teen growin up in toronto...

Peace and Love
- Jaimie-lyn
LiQIiD_CANDY_RaVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2001, 01:33 AM   #13
cherry.bomb
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to cherry.bomb
Talking woo hoo

ya my parents know i go to raves, eventually i just told my parents that my friends were taking me somewhere for my birthday and it was suppose to be a surprise, the next day i told them ya they took me to a rave and it was great this of course was like 2 years ago so they've had enough time to get use to the idea, i go to parties sober now, i don't do any of that stuff no more...

cherry.bomb
cherry.bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2001, 10:40 AM   #14
Dug
Hullaboarder

I started partying when I was 16 in 96, I found it was
always best to be totally upfront with my parents, I told
them That Iwas going to raves, they were only concerned that I was away for the entire night. So I choose once to bring my dad with me......
He only stayed for like 30mins, cause the music was too loud, But after that they never complainned.

Peace,
Dug
Dug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2001, 12:09 PM   #15
bucky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to bucky Send a message via AIM to bucky
Exclamation

My parents don't really understand what it's all about, but my mom see's everything on the news. I don't think she really agree's, but she trusts me. I really don't have to, but whenever I'm not going to be home for the night I always tell my parents where I'm going and when I'll be home - i respect them and it just gives them more security knowing where I am. I think the fact that I'm part of the local Dancesafe group here they don't mind because they know what we're doing is a good thing.
bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2001, 03:13 PM   #16
Subsonic Chronic
Hullaboarder

My mom knew I went to raves when I went to my first one at the tender and impressionable age of 15. (94 or 95 I think?)

She didn't know all that went on, but she knew where I was.

Pete
Subsonic Chronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2001, 07:59 PM   #17
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
My parents didn't know the first few I went to, because I was afraid to really tell them. They knew I was interested in them though, and that I listened to 'rave' music alot.

I just started going out with friends to 'parties' all night long everyone once and awhile...

then alittle more often
and alittle more...

Then I pretty much said where I was going, and that I had been going to them for awhile, and I wasn't dead yet, so I could take care of myself at them and they didn't have to worry about me doing drugs, or getting in fights or anything, worst they had to worry about was the car breaking down or something

-=Nub=-
Nubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2001, 10:14 PM   #18
BottledCaps
Hullaboarder

By first looking at this list, you'd think that most ppl's parents let thier kids party, but thats probably only because only the people who are allowed to go out are posting.
..but about myself, yeah my parents allow me to go. But then again, i might move out this summer so going to party should not be a big deal at this point. As for the drugs? I haven't used any hard drugs for a bit over a year, but they actually don't know about it. But they definetly wouldn't be happy about it.

BottledCRap
BottledCaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2001, 12:30 AM   #19
d0pEy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to d0pEy
my parents suck..
they wont let me party, and the whole being persistent thing got me no-where....
all that going to a party no matter what they said earned me was, when i got back the next morning they said go to another party and you're out on your ass
any suggestions??
icq me...
d0pEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2001, 05:51 AM   #20
~Lesslyn~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~Lesslyn~ Send a message via MSN to ~Lesslyn~
My parents know now that I party, the first time I went I dubbed it a 'festival' and made it seem different, for a while I didn't tell them...until slowly I just started going, though my Mom didn't really know what I was doing...when I moved out last year, I went all the time and she really found out when I wrote a letter to the Toronto Sun and it got published...she read it and gave me a call... It hasn't been a problem at all, she worries that I don't get enough sleep but thats about it. She has asked about the drugs and I have told the truth, she knows I have done them and she knows I am responsible.

~Leslie~
~Lesslyn~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2001, 05:59 PM   #21
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
as far as i know they dont know i go even after a year and a half
i dont want them to know

but i wouldnt be surprised if they knew, it must be suspicious how i come home at 9 in the morning every weekend hung over from "drinking", they always ask why i dont sleep in

haha, oh well
RoB-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2001, 07:57 PM   #22
Urban Wasteland
Hullaboarder

I've been living on my own for the past two years, (I'm 20 now), so what my parents think about me going out really caries no weight. In fact, I moved into the central city last year, so I could stumble back at 10 in teh morning on foot!
I go over to see them every Sunday for my weekly serving of love and vegetables, and every sunday I am a wreck, so they must know something's up, but they've never asked what I'm on, so I've never told them. They know I go out and go nuts most weekends, and they know I never finish 'til it's light, and they're okay with it. I don't think they'd be terribly happy about the drugs though.
Urban Wasteland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2001, 11:40 PM   #23
QT-Carebear
Hullaboarder

I went to my first party when I was 15.. at that time my

rents knew I went, but I never used the word 'rave'. After

they found out, what it really was, they freaked, and thus

started my string of evil lies. They lasted almost 2 year,

until the hulla incident.

I was on news on three different stations. But beleive it

or not, it was not that, that got me caught, it was the

police and their calling.

Now i am grounded (for all the lies)

They always come back to get ya
QT-Carebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2001, 01:00 AM   #24
~*kErbiE*~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~*kErbiE*~
1.) yes, my parents do know that I party

2.) they accept that i party, because well, all I really had to do was explain it to them

3.) they do not know about my drug use directly, but I believe they have some idea....although my drug use = minimal
Old April 27th, 2001, 03:51 AM   #25
ecstasy riot
I'm special

Quote:
Originally posted by HuLLaFrUiT
JuSt a RanDOM QueStiOn.
HoW manY oF YeR ParEntS LeT YeW paRtiE.?
and If thEy Dew... DeW thEy KNoW abOuT yeR usE oF druGs.??

i donT knoW wHo aLL wiLL sEE thiS buT teLL yEr FriEndS i wAnnA KnoW...
LuFf
trying to be patronizing...not working.. lame.
ecstasy riot is offline   Reply With Quote