The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > 'Turn up the Music!'
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 12th, 2001, 12:23 PM   #26
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

Wicked, wicked, wicked party! The music was awesome, (athough no eyeopener!) and kept everyone from the stage, to the water bar movin'. Lots of good people, good dancing, superb vibe... A good time was had by all!

Cant wait to do it again!

...Elena, where the hell were you?
Old November 12th, 2001, 12:41 PM   #27
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
Quote:
so who was the girl with the purple dress with the stars?

Me
Kris*
Old November 12th, 2001, 03:11 PM   #28
NuNrg_Guy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to NuNrg_Guy
Question Maybe I'm getting old?

I came to this hullabaloo not having partied since May at the Mohawk Invasion event which I had the best time of my life at, and I did not have any fun at this party. I showed up around 2-3am in time to hear Beaker & Chronic who are like two of my fav Djs, but even their set didn't get to me. Maybe I'm just getting too old for this now as I'm turning 20 this coming friday. I don't know, plus there was way too many e-tarded little kids running around. I mean c'mon, when a guy grabs my ass and says 'Hi, I'm Bruce' I get a little edgy. He was really high though so I'm guessing he woulda gone home with a toolbox if it showed interest..lol. Anyway I believe this will be my last party unless the amazing duo of Lab-4 graces Toronto again... maybe s4 too. Until then, keep it real party people.

peace
Old November 12th, 2001, 03:48 PM   #29
BeBe
Hullaboarder

^^^^^ to you, my fellow twenty-something friend ^^^^

It's not about age, it's what you make of it.

There have always been hundreds of little e-tarded kids running around, that hasn't changed. You just aren't one of them anymore.

Music is still music, and if you like it, you'll have fun. If you're still in the era where you have to do drugs at a party (which I'm not saying you are, you didn't mention that), then it's no wonder you're starting to get sick of the scene. Going sober to a party and having more fun than you would if drugs were clouding your experience is the real test. With the exception of those parties which are just bad, you should be able to enjoy anything that way if you just put your heart into it.

Anyways, I'm not saying anything new. I just think there's a real art to keeping up your interest in something which is so dominated by people younger than you are. Which is not to say it shouldn't be that way. It's just nice to have a 19+ area we can retreat to when we start to feel like we're in high school again

stigs
Old November 12th, 2001, 04:20 PM   #30
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
Quote:
Originally posted by BeBe
^^^^^ to you, my fellow twenty-something friend ^^^^

It's not about age, it's what you make of it.

There have always been hundreds of little e-tarded kids running around, that hasn't changed. You just aren't one of them anymore.

Music is still music, and if you like it, you'll have fun. If you're still in the era where you have to do drugs at a party (which I'm not saying you are, you didn't mention that), then it's no wonder you're starting to get sick of the scene. Going sober to a party and having more fun than you would if drugs were clouding your experience is the real test. With the exception of those parties which are just bad, you should be able to enjoy anything that way if you just put your heart into it.

Anyways, I'm not saying anything new. I just think there's a real art to keeping up your interest in something which is so dominated by people younger than you are. Which is not to say it shouldn't be that way. It's just nice to have a 19+ area we can retreat to when we start to feel like we're in high school again

stigs

Bravo!

-=Nub=- <-- Always a fan of the 19+
Old November 12th, 2001, 04:52 PM   #31
Kemical`Supreme
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Kemical`Supreme
I had the greatest time! although i spent most of the night somewhere in the front right by myself. I was really feeling the music, people were asking me if i was alright for some reason, i was more than alright, i could only reply "im having so much fun"

Alls i know is that everything seemed right

I love it
Old November 12th, 2001, 05:07 PM   #32
kittie_kat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kittie_kat Send a message via MSN to kittie_kat
i had a great time....it was great seeing everyone again...I got a few things to say though

mary and denny-luv ya'll i still gotta get my stuff outta your car

fil-luv it was great to actaully get to party with you (and remember your name)

rainbow- you're cute, stay that way

tony-if you see this i hope that you feel better

all the peeps that i was dancing with up front-it was awesome, ya'll were great...

rob-happy b day, you were trashed..do you even remember seeing me

well time to go

later everyone
Old November 12th, 2001, 06:38 PM   #33
KWIK
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to KWIK
great party! it was really nice to see the hulla vibe again.

just wish i didnt have to leave so early

andy.
Old November 12th, 2001, 09:08 PM   #34
~*starbrite
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~*starbrite
seeeeeeeeen

i had such a blast...it was my first hulla and it certainly wont be my last, for shure!!!!! thanxs to all those who made my nite sooo much fun!!! especially tha wikkedest gurrl i know beckE, adrian, shannon, stephen, bruce, curtis, and my new friend Limey
Old November 12th, 2001, 09:42 PM   #35
d-MiNuS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to d-MiNuS
I had a blast! Final reports and exams are coming up so I needed to blow off a little steam. I thought this party was great from beginning to end. The music was wicked (from what I heard) especially Silver1/Hujib (starting off the night right), Breeze (not what I expected but good nevertheless), Frolic (sweeeeet) and Frisky (ending off the final hh set proper).

Also, It was great meeting a bunch of new people, and running into alot of old faces. Happy Birthday to Tõ¥Zºrºú§ºk¥D, it was nice seeing ya and I knew you were going to show up :P

*d-MiNuS*

p.s. Thank god for the bartendar not knowing how to make prarie fires.
Old November 12th, 2001, 10:32 PM   #36
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
Well, I had a good party The happy hardcore was certainly different from what i expected, but like rob said, the new style is good. I didnt get inside until about 12 so i missed silver1's set . D-minus has a good set (i like your new track), but i think the set of the night had to go to elixer + sos. Im also enjoyed subsonic chronic and breaker's set (im liking hardhouse more and more these days). Props to Gobstopper! You blew me away at shut up and dance, and you did not dissappoint at hulla

Shoutouts go to:

Rob-b > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thats all i have to say
Rainbow-brite > Thank you so much, I wouldnt of been able to attend this party if it werent for you Luv ya always
Starbrite > Youre so cute! I want to take you home with me
Optimus Prime > Nice meetin ya...cant wait for the next fil party
9oh5kick > Nice ears..haha. icq me.
Mr Stamina > Good to see u not at purple heaven. btw, i think you won the macking contest

Ah well, time for my poli sci essay

PS > Preskool, do you have a clone or something? I swear a saw you, but gurls name wasnt erynn

Last edited by limey : November 12th, 2001 at 10:38 PM.
Old November 12th, 2001, 11:16 PM   #37
Arkane
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Arkane
Quote:
Originally posted by d-MiNuS
I had a blast! Final reports and exams are coming up so I needed to blow off a little steam. I thought this party was great from beginning to end. The music was wicked (from what I heard) especially Silver1/Hujib (starting off the night right), Breeze (not what I expected but good nevertheless), Frolic (sweeeeet) and Frisky (ending off the final hh set proper).

Also, It was great meeting a bunch of new people, and running into alot of old faces. Happy Birthday to Tõ¥Zºrºú§ºk¥D, it was nice seeing ya and I knew you were going to show up :P

*d-MiNuS*

p.s. Thank god for the bartendar not knowing how to make prarie fires.

I told her how to make it for ya...she just didn't have tobasco sauce I guess...so I guess you got off easy this time..lol
still more raves to come
Old November 13th, 2001, 12:12 AM   #38
*katie*
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up thanks so much everyone!

this will get lengthy, I'm procrastinating -- I have a 12 page paper due tomorrow at 2 that I have one paragraph written of cuz I went to hulla this weekend. all nighters can be fun, I have time.

so I had the bestest weekend ever.

it was my 22nd b-day last wednesday and I was ready to par-tay after a long week. my boyfriend brandt and I made it out of michigan in a timely fashion with absolutely no border problems. kickass.

got a sweet bed and breakfast package at the TO colony, I *heart* that hotel. there's a cool bellhop always working after my ravetastic extravaganzas and he laughs at us every time we come straggling in after a party. anyhow, free breakfast and parking rocks.

shopping on queen was fun. my boyfriend got a tattoo. we went to hulla.

THE VIBE WAS BACK. OH THANK THE STARS, THE VIBE KICKED ASS.

we got to the opera house at 8:30. we were first in line and had fun with some kids before it even started. "I'm so warm!" and "I'm on a safari!" were said often to boost morale in the frigid tundra-like coldness. so funny.

the party itself kicked ass. I was sober, 'cept for a couple rye and gingers, mmmmmmmmm. malglo and e-by-gum, I still owe you guys drinks, my fault. I stopped drinking real early.

I hadn't had the opportunity to dance since wemf due to higher education. IT FELT SO GOOD. I felt alive again. all around good vibes added to the fun, everyone was so smiley and happy and having a blast... so refreshing. I met so many hulla virgins having SO much fun. I almost got weepy. I saw people I hadn't seen in a year in some cases! oh so fun.

thank you everyone for making it a night to remember. I needed that so badly. ("last night a dj saved my life...")

BIG UPS TO THE PEOPLE SELLING FRUIT ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE STAGE (sparkle something?)... I was so hungry at like 1am and I had two bananas that were the most delicious things ever... brandt had an apple too that was divine. mmmmmm fruit at a party is the best.

I was the girl in the black t-shirt with some weird red and orange and yellow candy necklace on, another necklace too that some lovely girl gave me, bracelets, purple whistle, nametag o' course, pink bandana on my crazy blonde poofy hair. if you met me, feel free to email!

anyhow, brandt and I left a bit early, got some sleep and some free breakfast, and then I went and got a tattoo too.

good times, good times. HAPPYFUCKINGHULLABALOO!

hey, where was klubmasta will? I always see him at hullas.

on with the dreaded paper, argh.

katie
Old November 13th, 2001, 01:44 AM   #39
GlowStickGuy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to GlowStickGuy
Wink Kittie_kat...

I'm surprised you remember anything from the whole night. I wish that I could have videotaped you walking around in your own little world there. You came up to Mary and I and you had like four stuffed animals, a camera, and two water bottles in one arm. You were using the other hand to mercilessly chomp on your binky (soother to you Toronto people ) which you kept moving around your mouth. You looked like a crazed dog chewing a tree stump. I know your jaw must really hurt right now. I wish you could have seen yourself, it was hilarious. Listening to you talk was just incomprehensible, talking a mile a minute and making no sense. I hope you got some good pictures there. See you later, and yes I still have your stuff in the car... And Happy 2b Hardcore 6
Hope you had a good time
Old November 13th, 2001, 01:51 AM   #40
bowzer
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to bowzer
i hope the recording of frisky's set turned out okay, I really want to get a copy of it. mainly just to hear gobbstopper say "daddy would you like some sausage, daddy would you like some sausage?" that was friggin hilarious... i miss hulla already :|
Old November 13th, 2001, 10:07 AM   #41
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Hi Katie.
Im sorry that we didnt get a chance to chill together a bit more on saturday, some stuff happened that had me in a really aweful mood and made me really anti-social.
I'll explain all about it next time i see you.
Old November 13th, 2001, 10:46 AM   #42
kittie_kat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to kittie_kat Send a message via MSN to kittie_kat
dennis...

LOL,,,was it really that bad..yes i could barely talk the nxt day..i think that i talked a little too much at the party all tat would come outta my mouth on sun and mon were little squeaks...welll..i had fun though...and hey..those stuffed guys were my new friends ;-)
Old November 13th, 2001, 08:01 PM   #43
DJ-SK8
Hullaboarder

I had soo much fun i could screem!
It was great from start to finish, music ppl, and vibe. Plus no thugs was the best part.

p.s.
Were's my record donny?
Old November 13th, 2001, 09:05 PM   #44
teknoprincess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to teknoprincess
Quote:
Props to Gobstopper! You blew me away at shut up and dance, and you did not dissappoint at hulla

On that note I'd have to agree TOTALLY. Pete you kicked all ass. *applause and flowers thrown* My little sister told me on the way home that if it wasn't for you, she would have fallen asleep (hey it was her first party she tried).

I better see you at another party soon.

I still can't get over how amazing my night was. Hulla kicked my ass several times over.

AND I LIKED IT.
Old November 13th, 2001, 11:04 PM   #45
ScRuNcH-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ScRuNcH-E
HULLA THANKS FOR PUTTING ON ANOTHER GREAT PARTY, HAD LOTS OF FUN.

CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT ONE.

ROB HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD BIRTHDAY
KYLE FIRST HULLA DID YOU HAVE FUN??
Old November 22nd, 2001, 02:08 PM   #46
Kemical`Supreme
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Kemical`Supreme
Yea Katie! i was the guy in the white T, at the front of the line who was so warm!
Old November 24th, 2001, 06:51 PM   #47
Tõ¥Zºrºú§ºk¥D
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Tõ¥Zºrºú§ºk¥D
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by d-MiNuS

AHAHAHA Yes Yes Donny = ) Thanks for droppin Madonna for me!!! You always drop tracks for me...ahahha and it's fun selecting yer tunes when yer smashed = P AHAHAHAHAH! oh yeah...i forgot...* shush * <--- right? :P i'm juss kiddin about that stuff anyways

oh yeah and Donny..." FUCK YOUUUU " <--- just to continue the war

-Da kYD