User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 13th, 2001, 08:30 PM   #51
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
My 2¢:

People will make mistakes by doing too many drugs, but that does not mean that anybody has to pay any price by taking a trip in an ambulance. I was glad to hear that leigh annes friend was okay and walked out of the hospital the next night. Let this go as a warning to everyone out there who has a free weekend and wants to get totally fucked. Shit happens, and most often its brought on yourself. Nobody diserves to OD, so everybody please excersize CAUTION!

Now to clear a few things up:

BeckyBoo:
Quote:
If you can't stay out all night without drugs, then go home.
ummm..No. People can do as many drugs as they want and despite what you believe it does NOT forefit their right to go out and have a good time.

BeckyBoo:
Quote:
I don't like people who are insanely messed up (AND SWEATY), eyes rolling back in their head hugging me and telling me they love me.
BeckyBoo:
Quote:
If you go to a rave you see people fucked on drugs.
I hope that you are no longer attending such events then.

Optimus Prime:
Quote:
It's a rave, we've all come here for one reason... To listen to the music, dance, and have fun! If someone gets hurt in the meantime, I'd think that there are enough good people out there to stop, and help... not criticize, and analyze.
Bravo! For anybody that missed this on the first page, here it is again. Its important that we help eachother in the so-called "rave community" I would hate to think that what happend on saturday night was thought as a mere exmaple of the terrors of raving, and rather a lesson learned that people should know their own boundaries.

Nubbie:
Quote:
why should anyone care if someone is high or drunk but can still conduct themselves in an orderly manner?
I dont think thats the issue here. Its people that cant conduct themselves in an orderly manner and take risks that arent necessary. But I agree, people shouldnt care about the business of others.

Finally, I think this should be the adopted motto of this thread
Rob-b:
Quote:
EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT DEFINITION OF FUN
MAYBE THERES INCLUDES DRUGS, MAYBE IT DOESNT

Party Safe peoples
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2001, 09:54 PM   #52
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

^^^
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2001, 10:11 PM   #53
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Brit-E
I second the ^^^^ :)

Limey sweety... well said..... same woth a lot of you.... why are we even fighting about drugs? Most of us have tried them... the issue here is excessive amounts and knowing when to stop. I can see there are still sooo many great partiers with the right atitude and I'm glad this thread ave them a chnce to shine... cuz I'd party with lots of you people anyday!
Old November 14th, 2001, 12:22 AM   #54
Jibbernaut
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jibbernaut
Edited by stargurl because of user request
Jibbernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2001, 12:28 AM   #55
limey
Hullaboarder

^^

good one
Old November 15th, 2001, 12:13 AM   #56
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to BeckyBoo
1. People fucked up on drugs look RIDICULOUS.

>>is false, please put an "i think" in front of that, thats your opinion and yours alone. Maybe others agree, but im sure alot of people dont. They look like they are having the time of there life and forgeting all there problems for a night.

2. If you go to a rave where drug use is more than common you should expect to SEE that drug use and the results of it.

>>i agree that it will happen, but saying that you expect it to happen? You like to play the comparing game, so im gonna play to. Thats like saying that because theres lots of crime in New York, that you you go there you should expect to see a bank robbery.

3. I don't like people who are insanely messed up (AND SWEATY), eyes rolling back in their head hugging me and telling me they love me.

>>is obviously true, because it again is your opinion. Like i said before, the only way for you to change this is not to go. In reality, people are going to get insainly messed up.

And sweaty? People get sweaty because the dance, not because of the drugs.
So when the day comes where everyone stops dancing at a raves, then you will be happy.

4. If you don't find raves fun without taking drugs, then find a new hobby.

>>>cannot cause its your opinion again, but im going to say its false to. People still have fun at raves sober, they just have a different kind of fun when there high.
EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT DEFINITION OF FUN
MAYBE THERES INCLUDES DRUGS, MAYBE IT DOESNT.

OKAY I AM BACK AGAIN.

1. doing drugs to escape your problems is bad.
everyone on chemical drugs look silly.

etards for example, their eyes look all messed up and they clench their jaw. I already explained why they look dumb. You think they look good? uhhhh okay whatever floats your boat.

2. you agree with me, but you don't really WANT to agree with me, because i'm the bad guy in this thread so everything thing I write has already been dubbed as wrong. understood. You are right, I did make some examples in my previous posts. The difference between our examples are mine made sense. I would expect to see high people at a rave. I would expect to see sick people in a doctors office. I would expect to see cars at a used car lot. I would expect to see fish in a fish tank. I would not expect to see a robbery in new york. I would not expect to see an earth quake in california. I would not expect to see mounted police in canada. I would not expect to see mr bean in england. you get my point.

3. I never said people get sweaty due to drugs. though im sure durgs do sometimes make people's heart rate/ temp go up... whatever.

4. you missed my point, this one is so obviously true. just because i rubbed everyone the wrong way in this thread doesnt mean i can't make ANY valid points. "If you don't find raves fun without taking drugs, then find a new hobby." raves are about the music. I go to a rave to listen to electonic music. I also go to have a good time with my friends. If you don't or can't enjoy raves WITHOUT drugs, then you are missing the point of raves. They aren't SUPOSED to be about drugs, they are suposed to be about the music.

PHEW.

Don't hate me just because I don't do drugs and I am clever. PLEASE?

BECKY
BeckyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2001, 12:22 AM   #57
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by BeckyBoo

2. you agree with me, but you don't really WANT to agree with me, because i'm the bad guy in this thread so everything thing I write has already been dubbed as wrong. understood. You are right, I did make some examples in my previous posts. The difference between our examples are mine made sense. I would expect to see high people at a rave. I would expect to see sick people in a doctors office. I would expect to see cars at a used car lot. I would expect to see fish in a fish tank. I would not expect to see a robbery in new york. I would not expect to see an earth quake in california. I would not expect to see mounted police in canada. I would not expect to see mr bean in england. you get my point.

4. you missed my point, this one is so obviously true. just because i rubbed everyone the wrong way in this thread doesnt mean i can't make ANY valid points.

PHEW.

Don't hate me just because I don't do drugs and I am clever. PLEASE?

BECKY

(2)> No I have not agreed with almost anything you have said. You made this thread personal and attacked people. Your points were opinions passed off as facts.

(4)> No, again. You have missed the point of this thread. You rubbed everyone the wrong way because u insulted so many people and didn't make a valid argument before you started attacking everyone else...

And we don't hate u 'cuz you don't do drugs or are "clever" we hate you 'cuz you are judgemental and think of yourself as "clever" which has been proven otherwise various times.

And PS enough with the stupid comparisions... everyone is sick of them

Last edited by Rainbow Brit-E : November 15th, 2001 at 12:27 AM.
Rainbow Brit-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2001, 12:43 AM   #58
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

NUMBER 4
If you don't or can't enjoy raves WITHOUT drugs, then you are missing the point of raves. They aren't SUPOSED to be about drugs, they are suposed to be about the music.

HOW CAN YOU NOT AGREE WITH NUMBER 4???

I never insulted anyone. I am innocent i tell you. But I have been plenty insulted. I think i got told to fuck off, that my head is in my anal cavity, that i blow hardcore, and some other stuff i can't recall. but whatever. I am the devil of this thread. i can accept that.

but really we need to STOP THE INSANITY!! ADMIT THAT YOU MAY THINK I BLOW HARDCORE AND HAVE MY HEAD IN MY ANAL CAVITY, BUT YOU GOTTA AGREE WITH SOME OF WHAT I HAVE TO SAY DAMNIT.

you can't all love drugs that much?! i thought this was a thread about how some guy almost overdosed and how that is bad!?
I AGREE IT IS BAD. what is the deal?!

BECKY
Old November 15th, 2001, 08:19 AM   #59
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
I'm fat!

YAY
-=Nub=-

If this conversation were in person, I'd imagine that BeckyBoo would be screaming at you guys about now
Nubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2001, 10:33 AM   #60
p|nkeegurl
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to p|nkeegurl
heehee...
Old November 15th, 2001, 11:17 AM   #61
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

Nub's gotta lose some weight!
Old November 15th, 2001, 11:43 AM   #62
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

Becky.....

It's obvious you love being the antagonist in a conversation (the world needs antagonistic minds), and that's understandable, but all bitching aside, I think the reason everyone is jumping down your throat is because of your blunt approach to dealing with the situation at hand.
Now, I'm not saying I'm 100% right either, but if you are going to play the devil's advocate in a conversation... do it with a little more grace. It'll serve you better in the long run.
Old November 15th, 2001, 04:37 PM   #63
Jibbernaut
Hullaboarder

Re: *grrrrrrrrrrowwwwwwww!!!!!!!*

Quote:
Originally posted by *sExsiE bonKa*
LISTEN.....ITS URE OPINION NOW FUCK OFF!!! NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT U OR URE O-FUCKING-PINIONS!!!! URE HED IS UP URE ASS B/C U THINK U R THE CLEVER ONE......JUST GO AWAY PLEASE!!
this thread was started in a serious note and now look what it has turned into!!! stop trying to have the last werd and stop thinking u r right....it is ure own opinion and if u havent noticed it is pissing everyone off so u might as well keep ure opinions to ureself cause im not posting on this topic no more cause all it is doing is causing unnecessary shit. so please for love of PLUR STOP!!! u r proving nothing (and neither am i....i never said i was) and aggravating ureself fer no reason....b/c some little gurlie wrote a message fer u on the message board and u felt u had to anger ureself and cause ureself unnecessary stress fer no apparent reason....oh ya...cause we are all barnyard animals....and ure god
*yih yih*

WHAT THE HELL STARGURL......

You edit my post because you claim it was a personal attack? I only wrote it in response to this post. This is just as much a personal attack as my post was.

BULLSHIT.

Practice what you preach.

Either its the same rule for everybody or its not a rule at all.
Old November 15th, 2001, 04:50 PM   #64
Jibbernaut
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Why not just let anyone say whatever they want?
Our experience online, on the Hullaboard and in many other systems, is that exchanges of personal insults, flame wars and personal vendettas have a way of derailing existing conversations, driving out other users and consuming vast amounts of time and words in repetitive, ugly fights that are of interest only to the participants. We don't want flaming to become a spectator sport on the Hullaboard.

Previously the Hullaboard had an honor system for user protocol. Unfortunately it became quite unruly and out of control. We implemented the Community Standards as a response to user complaints.

Straight from the community standards.

You classify my post as an attack?! Hello, i KNOW you've been to the general forum and i KNOW you've seen soju's thead on the 20 reasons while ALSO naming names. You delete my miniscule POST but you keep her THREAD?! Where's the consistency here?

EITHER BE A REAL MOD OR DONT MOD AT ALL....
BULLSHIT....

You can't choose what to keep, and what not to keep when both things are relatively the same in principle.
Old November 15th, 2001, 05:02 PM   #65
limey
Hullaboarder

Your comment was just plain vulgar. You know why it was edited to stop try to sound like ur being discriminated against.

Anyway.. this thread has been transformed into a lame bickering and name. The original arguement was that jibbernaugt said that there was a "price to pay" for attending parties that was watching some poor soul take a trip to the hospital. Its his opinion, and you have to respect that even if it is misinformed.
Old November 15th, 2001, 09:31 PM   #66
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

JIbbernaut.... what u had said went beyond "freedom of post" it was just disgusting and no one wanted to see it.... it wasn't an attack about the issue it was just gross.... I admit some of us have gotten out of hand on this thread but you crossed the line
Old November 15th, 2001, 09:42 PM   #67
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by BeckyBoo
NUMBER 4
If you don't or can't enjoy raves WITHOUT drugs, then you are missing the point of raves. They aren't SUPOSED to be about drugs, they are suposed to be about the music.

HOW CAN YOU NOT AGREE WITH NUMBER 4???

I never insulted anyone. I am innocent i tell you. But I have been plenty insulted. I think i got told to fuck off, that my head is in my anal cavity, that i blow hardcore, and some other stuff i can't recall. but whatever. I am the devil of this thread. i can accept that.

but really we need to STOP THE INSANITY!! ADMIT THAT YOU MAY THINK I BLOW HARDCORE AND HAVE MY HEAD IN MY ANAL CAVITY, BUT YOU GOTTA AGREE WITH SOME OF WHAT I HAVE TO SAY DAMNIT.

you can't all love drugs that much?! i thought this was a thread about how some guy almost overdosed and how that is bad!?
I AGREE IT IS BAD. what is the deal?!

BECKY

I ONLY included the part of #4 I disagreed with.... do u EVEN read my posts before screaming back??????????

And you said u never inultes anyone? AGAIN, do u even READ THE OTHER POSTS???? u have plenty I'm not saying you wern't insulted either.... But the way you went about replying to this thread made you the 'devil' of it... not anything else.

U have small valid points that are lost in huge osts that usually end up offending someone and thats why people are overlooking them.

And *I* started this thread so where the hell do u get this love for drugs? disgust ius all I have right now..... and thank you for re-stating the point of this thread, but you never really replied to that point... u went so far off topic, thats why i am arguing with u
Old November 18th, 2001, 02:08 PM   #68
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

adfsf

Obviously I read the thread.
Where did I insult anyone?

I said you all love drugs because everyone was saying that drugs are a part of raves and if i don't like them I shouldn't go and then went on to disagree with my number 4 which is so obviously correct. see you all say that drugs are a part of raves and blah blah blah but when I SAY that when you go to a rave you should expect to see the use of drugs and the consequences of the use of drugs i get harassed.

whoever disagreed with #4 and then said they weren't
you didn't make it clear what you were trying to say. you said
"(4)> No, again. "
because the number 4 was combined with the words "no again" i was lead to believe you were not agreeing with the magical number four. maybe you should have written something like:

"yes i agree with number 4 because it is so obviously correct, but i do not agree with __________________ (insert whatever you don't agree with)"

I missed Jibbernaut's post so I can't comment on that.

BECKY
Old November 18th, 2001, 05:14 PM   #69
Jibbernaut
Hullaboarder

STARGURL'S TOO CHICKEN TO RESPOND.
Old November 18th, 2001, 06:07 PM   #70
Nubbie
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Nubbie Send a message via MSN to Nubbie
Nubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2001, 06:13 PM   #71
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

^^^

Ok, I'll admit thats funny... NUbbie your my hero
And I agree... enough with arguing. I mean it's one thing to discuss things but it goes too far.
I do enjoy the response this thread has brought but our aruging I admit, does make us "retarded"
Old November 23rd, 2001, 03:22 AM   #72
Kliah
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Kliah Send a message via Yahoo to Kliah
OK ... my 2 cents ... Reading this has once more brought back to me more than one reason why I party str8.

I readily admit to being "over 21" ... actually I'm 58, and some of you know me to see at a party. Yes, I was one of the ambulance people at the first Raves I went to, the first being in October of 1999, and I have seen drugs at parties, but if we think that all ravers use, that is wrong.

I have seen some really scary things in the past, and once (ONLY once) I had some that a friend offered me. I found out later that I was deathly allergic to THC (weed). never again for me.

There is no hate, or moralistic preaching in me about this ... if someone takes a chemical to heighten their perception of the music, perhaps that is their thing, but please, don't overdo it. I won't come down on you, but at least you might try it str8? for a little while?

I have found a whole new life since I found out about Raves, and parties, an the new friends (almost like family) I have made and found in the scene have made me the happiest I have been in many years. I go for the music, the friendship, and the party feeling ... not for chemicals which cost a lot of $$$ that I really DON'T have, and CAN do without.

Hopefully, there will always be a Hullaballoo ... and Chris, please keep on spinning. You are GREAT! ALL the DJ's at the Hullas are.

ICQ is 30274416 .... i u want to talk.

*~PLUR~*

Dennis M.
http://www.geocities.com/sulak18
Kliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2001, 01:46 AM   #73
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
if you dont like when sweaty people hug you

does that mean you dont like sex becky?

your still ignorant to think that everyone on drugs looks fucked up with shaking jaws and their eyes rolling.
Its not true

The ones that are incredibly messed up maybe, but alot of people hold it in and look normal. How hard is this to understand?
RoB-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2001, 12:52 PM   #74
Kemical`Supreme
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Kemical`Supreme
its drugs that make people sweat, it has nothing to do with the fact that there is music and dancing, and physical movement or the fact that it is warm.
Kemical`Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2001, 04:51 PM   #75
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
^^^
exactly
all sweating in the world is caused my drugs and drugs alone
RoB-B is offline   Reply With Quote