User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 25th, 2001, 08:21 PM   #76
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to BeckyBoo
i dont like sweaty high people

you are comparing high sweaty strangers hugging you @ a rave to sex?
uhhhhhh
Hot sweaty sex is hot however when some sweaty high person comes up and hugs you at a rave - that is not hot.

People who are high look stupid, and I don't want their sweat on me. I do not understand why everyone has such a problem with this. If you think high people look good, and you want their sweat on you, then do what you want. Hug all the sweaty high strangers you want baby more power to you, but I'll pass.

I didn't say doing drugs is the only cause of sweating, but I'm sure it doesn't help the situation much. Your attempt at being clever is noted.

BECKY
BeckyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2001, 04:40 AM   #77
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
Becky... you really need to get a fucking clue. I have been reading this thread, and posted a couple times. Here are some things that have been said that you are blatantly wrong on... People sweat because of drugs. I know when I am dancing my ass off I get totally sweaty and gross due to physical exercise..apparently you don't know what that is and never want to hug anyone when you have been dancing as well. That is your choice, we all recognize it, but drugs are not the only reason for sweaty people. In fact, with some drug od's the people stop sweating and get hypothermia...
2. Not all of us have said that drugs are integral to the scene. I myself believe they shouldn't be, but there are many kids out there who use raves as an excuse to get fucked up. We cannot change that. U party sober, some people don't, some people go overboard and ruin it for everyone.
Please stop being the biggest antagonist I have ever seen and stop trying to make this post about you. It was started as a discussion about the prevalence of drugs and some of the situations that have come about because of them. Not the "I'm right, you're wrong" thread. I am wondering when stargurl is going to put an end to this madness.

Please party responsibly!! PLURR
CandyGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2001, 12:29 PM   #78
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

I didn't say doing drugs is the only cause of sweating, but I'm sure it doesn't help the situation much.

I already covered that one.

All of my statements have been true, everyone has just been twisting what I say.

I think it is unfortunate that this girl saw some kid overdose, but if you're at a rave you should expect to see drug use AND the results of that drug use. Like I said it is unfortunate this girl saw some kid overdose, but maybe it was also a good thing because she has decided to re-evaluate her drug use. Hmmmmm?

I can honestly say I couldn't spend the night at a rave without seeing SOME form of drug use, someone fucked out of their head, etc, unless I walked around with my eyes closed. Even then someone would probably come up, tap me on the shoulder and say YOU WANT SOME JIB? YOU WANT SOME E?

I will try to 'get a fucking clue', and I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

BECKY

Old November 26th, 2001, 07:37 PM   #79
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~
Hullaboarder

Oh Becky... When will the madness end?

*bury's the hatchet*
~^^OpTiMuS pRiMe^^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2001, 08:15 PM   #80
tweeker591
Hullaboarder

the endless struggle

The endless struggle between users and non users, it will never end. I won't judge anyone on just that alone. I have many friends on both sides of the spectrum. I myself have been known to use substances from time to time. its not the substance that are the problem, it an uneducated public that is the problem. Most young adults find going to partys like a new world and with all the drugs floating around they kind of find it the norm. shame on you if you can't respect the responible user. Using substances is part of human nature, we've been doing it for centuries, the thing that separates addicts for the rest of the population is they can't control themselves.

my point: if you have a life outside of using drugs go have a ball, if that all you can think about please get a life and check out some rehabs.

bye guys
tweeker
tweeker591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2001, 03:35 PM   #81
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
After reading this thread as thoroughly as I could bear... and NOT replying a number of times for fear of having my throat jumped down... here goes...

Becky... I agree with you on SOME points... I've partied sober for a long long time now... and I must say that e-tarded people can be annoying at times... but when I think about my non-sober times, I was that person... and have hundreds of awesome memories from that time...

Yes, strangers sweat is kinda gross... but the key is to get equally sweaty so that you make an even trade

I think everyone needs to simmer down a notch, and agree to disagree.

So everyone, shut the fuck up, and post about something we can all agree on. Like Oral Sex.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Everybodies_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2001, 04:23 PM   #82
*sExsiE bonKa*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *sExsiE bonKa*
mmmmmmm...oral sex.............
Old November 27th, 2001, 05:40 PM   #83
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
I thought the original arguement was that somebody thought that somebody OD'ing at a rave was justified and deserved because there are drugs in the scene and Ms Boo agreed. I dont know how this got turned into a discussion about sweating.

And please, for you love of god dont bring your sex posts into this forum unless you have a valid point that will stem from it.
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2001, 05:54 PM   #84
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Brit-E
Quote:
Originally posted by *sExsiE bonKa*
mmmmmmm...oral sex.............

Sweety, stop bringing your desperation to the board... this was a serious post and I know people have gotten a bit off topic but this is just inapropriate.
Old November 27th, 2001, 10:13 PM   #85
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

No they said that seeing someone OD at a rave was not something to be insanely surprised about, since raves are full of drug use.

That is what I agreed with. It's unfortunate, but not surprising.

BECKY
Old November 28th, 2001, 12:41 AM   #86
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Whateva...

When ppl dose, they run the risk of ODing, poisoning themself, whatever... it's their body... but before you dose, you have to realize how it will affect those around you.

MCED
Old November 28th, 2001, 02:33 AM   #87
Rytalin
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rytalin
I haven't read through the 4 pages of stuff already here, so what I'm saying may have already been said, but the drug consumption at parties I think is just something that comes from the commercialization of the scene. People go to massive parties, not really knowing anything about the spirit of raving, and take lots of drugs because it's supposedly what you do at raves.

I find myself getting high at parties if I'm not having a good time. I go sober until I stop having fun. When I stop having fun, I usually end up taking something. If the party has a good vibe, then I can go all night sober. But lately, I've been finding none of the parties I go to have all that great a vibe, so i end up taking various substances to induce a good feeling. a FALSE good feeling. I've also been finding myself partying less and less lately because I'm getting tired of having to do drugs to have fun at parties. that isn't the way it SHOULD be.

Raves should be about getting together with people, friends or otherwise, dancing, and just expressing yourself in general without having to worry about what anyone else thinks of you. It's supposed to be an escape from the real world. A place where you can just forget the world, forget the people, forget the politics, forget everything and just HAVE FUN.

...And look what it's turned into.
Sure, people have fun, as long as the pill they buy is good, but it shouldn't have to depend on that.

I'm ranting.
I'm going to shut up now.

Don't drink from the mainstream.
Forget the people
Rytalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2001, 07:11 AM   #88
galaxie
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to galaxie
werd Luke-ass.

heh. This is a big argument of crap. I read through some of it and found myself laughing......a group of misinformed people arguing about an issue and stating that other people are misinformed.

*shrug*
Not saying that I'm soooo much more informed than everyone else here, what I'm saying is that if I'm going to go run my mouth off about topics, I'm going to know what I'm arguing about so my points are valid.
Old November 28th, 2001, 11:49 AM   #89
*sExsiE bonKa*
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainbow Brit-E

Sweety, stop bringing your desperation to the board... this was a serious post and I know people have gotten a bit off topic but this is just inapropriate.

listen, i have posted on this topic and i think it has gotten out of hand b/c all this is now is lets prove to becky that her opinions dont matter........i kknow this is serious.....my b/f od'd also.....desparation?!? look whos desperate......
*sExsiE bonKa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2001, 11:54 AM   #90
*sExsiE bonKa*
Hullaboarder

and besides, i wasnt even the one who wrote it, i was just responding....honestly, if ppl are gunna beat me up over STUPID things that can easily be skipped, then i just wont bother reading anything u have to say.....i take almost everything seriosuly but occasionally there comes the point when enough is enough and i think enough is now....this topic has been discussed enough and it has been analyzed by everyone, people have given their opinions...and if u notice, they are all basically the same opinions, except for becky cause shes just soooooooo ~*SpEcIaL*~....honestly, im just a little voice that can easily be ignored, no need to be harsh......from now on i will seriously post in serious posts and stoopidly post on stoopid posts....sorriE
Old November 28th, 2001, 12:51 PM   #91
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

People agree with me.

My opinions are valid.

If you think my thoughts on this topic are worth nothing, why bother reading the thread?

BECKY
Old November 28th, 2001, 01:02 PM   #92
*sExsiE bonKa*
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by BeckyBoo

If you think my thoughts on this topic are worth nothing, why bother reading the thread?

BECKY

kay first of all, its not werth it and second, i quote myself in the posts before ures:
Quote:
if ppl are gunna beat me up over STUPID things that can easily be skipped, then i just wont bother reading anything u have to say
where in this or any other posts i have posted do i say that? i think u have ure own opinions which u think are the "correct answer" to eveything....the werld DOESNT revolve around u n ure opinions i have been thru this b4....U think they're valid, i do not.....

i have a question, when u exercise, do u sweat? when u jog, do u sweat? in the summer, when its 30 degrees out and theres no air conditioning and u are wearing the least amount of clothing u can self consiously wear and ure on ure couch with 5 friends, do u sweat? then one of those friends leans over to hug u, how much more do u sweat? if u dont wanna be hugged by sweaty ppl then shove ureself in the front by the stage and i guarantee no sweaty ppl with their eyes rolling back in their head and their repulsive selves will come near u.....please stop trying to fight.....u r being narrow minded and if u cant see that everyone has thier own opinions then u r just being StoopID
Old November 28th, 2001, 01:27 PM   #93
Rainbow Brit-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Brit-E
Quote:
Originally posted by *sExsiE bonKa*

listen, i have posted on this topic and i think it has gotten out of hand b/c all this is now is lets prove to becky that her opinions dont matter........i kknow this is serious.....my b/f od'd also.....desparation?!? look whos desperate......

Are you implying I'm desparate? Look who is trying to impress some boy they flirt with on the hullaboard by mentioning oral sex in a serious thread about drug use. And if your boyfriend OD'd ou should know this is serious and I am shocked you would choose to decide to make this a sex thread... you have enough of those.
Rainbow Brit-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2001, 02:03 PM   #94
*sExsiE bonKa*
Hullaboarder

i didnt decide to make this a sex thread
there was a post

oral sex

and i replied, with MY opinion,
mmmm...oral sex

how does this change it to an oral sex thread???? ok.....

and i am not trying to impress anyone, i dont need to impress anyone......i am merely talking to someone....i ave a b/f and i dont need to flirt to get another one.....honestly man....it called HAVE FUN....am i hurting someone? am i CHEATING on my b/f by agreeing that i also like oral sex? did i at any point in time say that i would like to engage in any sexual acts with anyone? am i doing something that will cause u or anyone else harm? no so since i am not hurting anyone i can have as much fun as i please

Last edited by *sExsiE bonKa* : November 28th, 2001 at 02:06 PM.
Old November 28th, 2001, 07:58 PM   #95
BeckyBoo
Hullaboarder

WHY ARE YOU SO HUNG UP ON THE SWEATING THING?

I made other points in this thread. I EVEN NUMBERED THEM so you could all stop using that quote function.

1. People fucked up on drugs look RIDICULOUS.
2. If you go to a rave where drug use is more than common you should expect to SEE that drug use and the results of it.
3. I don't like people who are insanely messed up (AND SWEATY), eyes rolling back in their head hugging me and telling me they love me.
4. If you don't find raves fun without taking drugs, then find a new hobby.

SWEATING IS NOT A MAIN POINT. WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP BRINGING IT UP? YOU LIKE SWEATY PEOPLE AND I DON'T MIND. MAYBE WHILE YOU ARE ALL HUGGING THE SWEATY PEOPLE THEY WON'T BE TRYING TO HUG ME.

BECKY
Old November 28th, 2001, 08:27 PM   #96
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Guys... this thread is getting out of hand and way far away from the main topic. I know it is hard to understand that everything mentioned here is an opinion, and everyone is allowed to just that... an opinion. You should use facts to support that opinion, and be open minded to the opinion of others. To me part of raves it the spirit of friendship I find by giving lots of people hugs... I do that sober all the time, and I think it shows you are friendly and care about people you meet. I think that is why people may be attacking you becky, because the unity and feeling of being close to everyone is an important part of the scene. Hugs are a good way to establish that feeling and everyone needs hugs. (This is not an attack on you or anyone else...please remember that) This thread should either get back to it's original point of how sad it is to see people OD on drugs and how they have become a major part of the scene or else it should be closed. The majority of things said now are just personal attacks and should be kept to private messages. That is just my opinion, but... get back on topic or stop attacking each other. It's coming from multiple sides and just doesn't seem to have a place on this board designed for discussing politics and media.
Old November 28th, 2001, 08:29 PM   #97
Tigger Lily
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Tigger Lily
fucking drama
get the fuck over it or get the fuck out

thats my 0.02

Tigger !
Tigger Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2001, 08:33 PM   #98
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

And I am sorry for my earlier post being so directed at you becky, but the statement you made about drugs causing people to be sweaty kinda made me angry since I party sober most of the time, and if I were to meet you and give you a hug, you'd probably think I was all messed up and gross when I had really just been dancing all night. That was my opinion on that subject... it seemed like an attack on all people who spend the night dancing. I ask you not to reply to this... I just wanted to clarify that post before anyone went calling me a hypocrite.
Old November 28th, 2001, 09:25 PM   #99
aphex
Hullaboarder

I only read the original post by Rainbow Brit-E. I skipped the rest, as I can definitely guess what followed.

However, I will say this to you, Rainbow Brit-E: *WORD*.

There is not much I see on scene based message forums these days which drives me with a passion to respond, but your post did. Regardless of any viewpoints which have been expressed, discussed, and/or beaten to death, you had a most unfortunate experience.

I applaud your desire to share this experience with others in an attempt to promote responsible and respectful partying. I am not going to make any long winded comments on the state of the scene, it's use or abuse of drugs, or a sugar coated ideal of what things should be like. I didn't even set an eye on anything after the original post, which would give me little right.

If anything should come out of this, instead of four pages of diverse replies, counter-replies, and strongly worded opinions is this: silence.

I would make the light suggestion that fingers stop tapping keys in response, and thoughts cross the head instead. Thoughts like, "what if that was me convulsing on the floor?". <laughs> Many of the straightedge crew will sit themselves up as righteously straight as their ideals at that question, saying something to the extent of, "uh, *excuse me*, we're exempt -- we don't do drugs". Fine then, perhaps something closer to home, "what if that was my friend?". Or, closer yet, "what if that was brother or sister?".

How often has anyone reading this sat and asked themselves, "what can I do to make my scene better? Make the events I go to more safe? How can I be a more responsible and respectful partier?".

Because, when the last record spins, it is your scene. You pay a ticket price to be a part of it at the events you go to. If you write messages on this board, you have identified yourself as a stakeholder.

I will cut myself short there. If you are still reading, you will find that I have expressed nothing except the genuine interest to have you think. To ask yourself the above questions, but more importantly, to have you try and come up with answers of your own.

And, I will point out that the sound of thought is silence.

Take care,
Andrew -//-- Dodeca
[shadowdance.productions.guelph]

Last edited by aphex : November 28th, 2001 at 09:29 PM.
aphex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2001, 02:19 PM   #100
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by Rainbow Brit-E

Look who is trying to impress some boy they flirt with on the hullaboard by mentioning oral sex in a serious thread about drug use I am shocked you would choose to decide to make this a sex thread... you have enough of those.

Easy now... I think she was just trying to lighten the mood in here, as I was in the previous post.

There's way too much drama in here.. everybody step back, shake it out... have a snack, and come back with more balanced opinions and less insults...

mmkay?

mced