The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Birthday Funtopia 2
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old June 25th, 1999, 03:51 PM   #1
Seal Bounce Champion! High Score:  

first off all, thanks to everyone that made it out and made it another wicked jam! I cant even begin to tell you how relieved I am this is over. No one knew this, but the party came EXTREMELY CLOSE to being cancelled. within hours really. the wednesday before my party I had no space, everything that I had before then had fallen through for various reasons, and even the old backups weren't available. I wasn't going to wait until saturday to cancel the party, because that wouldn't be fair to all the out of town people who were travelling here from so far away, so i knew I had to make a decision quick.
as a last resort I called Harry from hardsound and asked him about the bingohall, and he made a call on behalf and it turned out it was still available, even though it was in mid-renovation. so i visted the space, I was pleasently surprised that the walls had all been knocked out which gave us the room we needed. So i quickly moved on getting the space (if the bingo hall didn't work out, the party would be cancelled for sure). It was so stressful for me, I wanted to quit the business. I wished I had never started this. it was crazy. Basically in 2 days we put the party together. The good thing about having thrown parties for 2 years is that I have a really good support infrastructure, and I always used the same sound and lights, security, tents, etc... so with a few phone calls everything came together. anyways, the rest is history and I thought the party kicked ass. all the uk dj's were really impressed with our crowd, and mc storm was asking me if everyone had been watching the tapes from parties in england, cause we were exactly the same

the bouncy slide got ripped by some idiot, so thats why they were only running for less than an hour.

so, thanks again everyone who came out and made our anniversary so wicked. I hope everyone enjoys their summer!!

Old June 25th, 1999, 04:27 PM   #2

frolic, i hafta say this latest hullabaloo was one of my favourite parties in a long time.

the bingo hall has NEVER been used this well! the outdoor tents and huge chill out space were incredible! MAD MAD respect for proving once again that old venues can still be made fresh and new with a little bit of creative thinking.

mc storm was absolutely crazy! i've been waiting to see this guy for months. if anyone missed his performance, he's the guy that scratches with his vocal cords. it was awesome when he started "battling" brisk's scratching with his vocal scratching. i can't wait for the tape!

unfortunately i missed most of ruffneck's set cuz i was giving out free hullabaloo tapes with robin (frolic's gf) in the chill out area. (if anyone missed the tape giveaway games, picture hundreds of excitable partiers being given free mix tapes ... now THAT was fun.)

all the sets i saw in the main room were wicked. the only set i watched in the second room was subsonic chronic's hard trance set. pete was so hyped for his first hullabaloo performance and his enthusiasm was absolutely contagious. we were so proud of our boy pete!

frolic, i had a huge lump in my throat when you came out to shake hands and hug people during your last song. it's like everything that has been hullabaloo over the past 2 years - all the love, all the close friends and family, all the magic - culminated in that one beautiful moment. i know it sounds corny, but that's how i felt. (excuse me, i have something in my eye ...)

anyway, thanks again, frolic, for another night i'll never forget.

and of course, happy birthday hullabaloo ...

Klubmasta Will

Old June 25th, 1999, 04:29 PM   #3

yes, i am the king of cheese ...

Klubmasta Will

Old June 25th, 1999, 05:06 PM   #4

the hulla party itself was ammazing. i was dissapointed with the lack or rm at 4everland but there was enough at this one. Are night almost was completely ruined on out way to get their. From 8:00 me and my friends waited for those shuttle busses. 2 did show up and were rushed so we paitnently waited on from there departure round 8:30ish (i think one of the busses actullay was going to a club in mississauga but was coaxed to go to hulla and $100was given to him)
well after no buses showed up and it was around 11 we finally had to take a cab
if i was going to have to pay to take a cab i would have liked to have been there at least for the 1st set.

once inside i had a blast. it was pretty darn hot but i was able to dance through it and the open doors helped. the outside was set up very well tooo.
the dj's were great other than the face alot of repeated tracks and the party seemed to be missing alot of happy hardcore. there was hardcore but just not the H/H. maybe it was jus tme on that and i did not hear D-Minus's set.
happiest point in the night had to be Freaky Flow and all the MC's putting out ammazing preformances redeeming themselves to me after there last hulla preformances.
there were some bad things that happened over the night at hulla. stuff geting stollen,dumped,pissed on, beaten up...and a securty gaurd stomped out our sparklers...grr

sorry bout all the bitchen but there was alot to complain about. shuttle bus back was coach but there were not enuff of them.

after it all the happy times at hulla made up for it all and it ranks i think #1 out of all the other hullas i have been too. i had a great time despite the set backs and it is something i will always remeber.

sorry to here bout all the stress u had to go through frolic putting this thing on but it looks like u had your hands full of problems.

best luck on next hulla's
later
Cameron Bay.

Old June 25th, 1999, 05:42 PM   #5

Bravo Chris. Without a doubt the best Hulla I've ever been to as well as the best party I've ever been to. Once again, a happy birthday to Hulla

Old June 25th, 1999, 06:45 PM   #6

hats down to you!!! putting something like this togather in 2 days ? man ur a genious ! I can't even begin to imagine what u must have went through ! ahhh the horror, and all for us ... what ever u do, don't quit !

much respect
pete

ps: I had the best time of my life !!!

Old June 25th, 1999, 06:58 PM   #7

Thanks again to Frolic for putting this together (in just 2 days???) and to all the DJ's that made it the best night of my life!
And all the people I met..

here's to future Hulla's... may they always display insane amounts of PLURiness!!!

HUGZ 2 ALL!

Old June 25th, 1999, 07:48 PM   #8

yeah, about the buses. unfortunately that was a result of the last minute planning. it was impossible to book buses before we had a space (had no idea where it was or how many we were going to need). and when it was finally a go ahead all I could get were 2 of those coaches. if everything went perfectly we would have had 4.

Old June 25th, 1999, 09:23 PM   #9

2 days? I'm impressed! Definately one of the best parties I had been to in a while. I can't compare it with other Hulla parties since it was my first, but I had a great time. And I hardly recognized the venue, it looked beautiful. Thanks Frolic, it's a night to remember.

jellibeen

Old June 25th, 1999, 10:47 PM   #10

This party was amazing. I really hope you don't still want to quit the business because you're really good at throwing parties.
I had a great time and i dont think i stopped smiling all night.
thanks
becky

Old June 26th, 1999, 03:50 AM   #11

Frolic, I really wanted to say "THANK YOU".
a)I've never seen the Bingo Hall look so good
b)There was lots of room to dance, and roam outdoors, and BREATHE!
c)One SOLID lineup. Wow. Made my night.
So, THANK YOU. Please don't quit. You are the best.

Old June 26th, 1999, 05:05 AM   #12

Frolic, i just want to thank you for throwing such a great part-e, i had such an amazing night! Everything was plur-fect. Happy Birthday Hullabaloo.

*massive hugs*

Old June 26th, 1999, 11:57 AM   #13

frolic,,,,
raving is about the music and the pepole that
we party with.when i talk about hullaballoo
to other pepole I say the music was wicked the mc's rocked and that frolic has the best party's in the world..hopfully one day you
see that..stop stresses...and thanks for two
years of hardcore
p.l.u.r.

Old June 26th, 1999, 12:28 PM   #14

I'd just like to add my two cents...=)

The best rave I've been too, so many things went right so many memories, I'd like to thank you in part of couple of kids from Windsor and Detroit for a night I'll never forget

ps.I was the kid who ran up on stage and gave you a big hug! , it's the least I can do to someone that can bring so much happiness through music the scene would not be the same with out you...

Old June 26th, 1999, 02:48 PM   #15

Massive respect for throwing 2 yearz worth of wikkid parties! Friends from England and the US even msg'd me Sunday askin' bout Hulla (yesh yesh, Hulla is famous for it's vibe world wide baby!!!) and sayin' how much they wanted to go etc. Keep up the amazing work!

Old June 28th, 1999, 01:28 AM   #16

Hats off to Frolic and the whole Hulla crew for an *AMAZING* time!

I knew that this party was going to be something I couldn't miss and I was right!

I can't express how glad I was that I made the trip to Toronto, (I'm from Milwaukee, WI BTW) I'm still smiling!!

I've been doing this quite a while and am always thrown back as to how Toronto (and Hullabaloo!) consistantly throw top notch parties.

Here and now in 1999 Toronto still knows how
to make the Vibe felt, thanks to Frolic, The
Hulla crew and most of all thanks to all the
wonderful people of Toronto for all their
warm smiles,generosity and pure love of the
feeling..

Hopefully see everyone at EWMF July 16-18th!

I'm looking to be adopted if anyone has room in their tent!

-Badtz-

Old June 28th, 1999, 02:12 AM   #17

Thanks for everything Chris

I must say its been an interesting two years.

& Thanks too dJ "le freak" for introducing both chris & I to each other.

MartyMcFly
*Hullaballo~Forever*

Old June 28th, 1999, 02:20 AM   #18

AnAbOliC FrOLiC:
I jUsT WaNtEd 2 TeLL U HoW MuCh I LuV U!!! U R AmAziNg, ThAnX 4 MaKiNg My 1St HuLLa WiKkiD
*hugs, kisses, cuddles, snuggles*
~PuRe LoVe~

Old June 28th, 1999, 03:39 AM   #19

Badtz...
I'm just wondering since you're from Wisconsin if you are or were with Crystal, that girl with the visor and the spiky blonde hair and the cute little pet frog... I saw you at Hulla and you came and sat with us, and you were really nice... you left your frog and then I had to go find you and give it back
And well, if this isn't you then... uh... hi, how's it goin?
Huggz to whoever you are
Agent...

Old June 28th, 1999, 04:37 AM   #20

Agent Orange:

No, sorry that wasn't me! Although I'm curious to know who it was since they were
from Wisconsin too!

If you're from Wisconsin and reading this PLEASE write me so we can hookup!

Ohhh, I *am* real nice though and happy to meet anyone and everyone!

Cheers!

-Badtz-

Old June 28th, 1999, 01:31 PM   #21

By far the best party I have ever been too!!! Definatly worth the trip to Toronto for the party. I liked it soo much that I am coming back down in October. Well I just wanted to say thank you and the winnipeg crew had the best time ever. p.S BOOK JUSTRICH

Jason

Marty, see you wednsday

Old June 28th, 1999, 04:03 PM   #22

pleeze mr. frolic, don't ever scare me into thinking you might quit some day. this was my first hulla and the very best rave i've ever gone to. thanx soooo much for dealing with all the stress to make my night and a couple thousand others' so wonderful
to you and all yer helpers
MaSSiVeLy BigG BiGG HuGGZZ
Wunderbrat

Old June 28th, 1999, 11:54 PM   #23
*blooms*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *blooms*
Talking

i'm so happy that there are people out there who feel the same way i do about funtopia!

it was one of the most incredible nights of my life.
saw some amazing friends, heard great music, almost had an aneurism trying to figure out how the f*ck Storm does that with his mouth...
and met a shitload of people that i hope to meet again. (hey jaylin! hey matty & simon from oakville! its liz )
so basically the point of this message is to say that i am thankful that there are parties that can do everything right according to my standards.
if there weren't, what would be the point??

and lastly, to all you sketch monkeys who sat in the corner in your k-holes or whatever:
you missed a great party! so smarten up and enjoy what you've got!!

later,
liz

p.s. frolic, i had some seriously high standards for this night and you surpassed them. kudos to you and everyone who helped make it happen.
Old June 29th, 1999, 01:27 AM   #24
belle
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to belle
Talking

I am sooooo thankful that the party was saved. I want to thank you for throwing a life altering party in my eyes. I have been partying for years in Saskatchewan but I have never experienced anything like that I did that night! Thank you so much and I look forward to many more!
=)
Old June 29th, 1999, 07:35 AM   #25
ScottE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ScottE
Talking

I must say... WHAT a F*****G WICKED PARTY!! Best time I've had in a loong time!! Mad props Anabolic, you did a great job making my first Hulla an awesome one! All in 2 days too! I think the Bingo hall setup was boom, a HUGE outside area to chill, and plenty of space in the main room. Not extremly hot, but it got even cooler when the doors opened. All the people I met were great, and the vibe was superb I give this party a 90%.

The few downsides of the party:
- Shuttle busses .. I know it was too late, but just thought i'd mention it
- Sound .. I think that the sound in the main room could have been a little better.
- Tha bouncy thingy collapsed 5 mins after I got there!!

Anyways, the good parts FAR outweighed the bad parts and as most of you, I had the bestest of times

P.L.U.R. always.

ScottE

PS - I'm a bit new here, but have been reading the messages, ya all sound awesome! Hope to meet some of you.