The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Group Hug
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 14th, 2000, 11:24 AM   #26
Jizz Master Zero
Hullaboarder

I'm always saying to my ladies "I'll still respect you in the morning"...

Funny I'm saying it to all the good peeps at Hulla now.

Mad respect. Being a scapegoat or the first in a chain of what may be a dark time for the scene, damn. For the absolute nicest people to have this happen, bloody shame.

In the future though, I'd expect this to pay off in spades as far as good will goes. Whatever powers that be are trying to torch the scene, but of the 'mid sized' promoters, they've picked ones that appear to be absolutely willing, and totally able to defend themselves. TDSC connections, legal connections, Hulla's no fly by night run like a lemonade stand. It's a business. With smart people guiding it.

Good luck guys.

Hmm. Thought the thread deserved a bump. I however am better at the *hump*...

Damn I wanted to hump a balloon at Hulla...

PS The situation stinks:

Old April 14th, 2000, 12:31 PM   #27
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I can't tell you how much your support means at a time like this. Part of me is sad and pissed off, another part of me is relieved that we averted what could have been a HUGE disaster on saturday night had we gone through with the party.

I appreciate everyone's feedback both here through emails. We all kinda knew something was coming down the pike, and unfortunately it surfaced the week of my event but I have no doubts we can bounce back from this.
Old April 14th, 2000, 01:03 PM   #28
sketchup
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to sketchup
Wink

I would just like to thank you too Chris, Robyn, Will and all people that help throw these amazing parties. My first party was a Hullabaloo and since that party my life has changed soo much for the better!! thank you soo much and hopeflly things will sort out soon for you!!

thanks
andrew
Old April 14th, 2000, 01:25 PM   #29
jo3y
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to jo3y
wow a vibe on the board!

NICE

yes hulla has also been instamental in my past few years, thanks for the good times.

I await the return
Old April 14th, 2000, 01:51 PM   #30
Grrl2004
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Grrl2004 Send a message via AIM to Grrl2004
Talking

I've been to 12 Hullabaloo Parties. And my first one Love & Magic literally changed my life. Here's my story:

I was about to turn 14, in about 4 days. I was a scary looking, Manson worshipping little goth kiddee, and a friend dragged me kicking and screaming to a "rave" I had no idea what to expect, I'd seen like, a bunch of blue wigged freaks downtown, and didn't want anything to do with it.

If anyone was at Hulla 3 and saw that angry looking, black haired goth kid, with all my make-ups on, I have to say thank you.

That party was the best thing ever to happen to me, I was within days of suicide, and I can honestly tell you love changed me.

I fell instantly in love with Hullabaloo and partying in general, Everyone walked up to me said hey, gave me a glo show (I wasn't on anything, but it was still cool!) I couldn't believe people were socializing with the scary kid in the corner!

Anyway, it saved my life, and made me the party freak I am today, thank you Chris. You literally saved my life.

Fatty Matty McPLuR
Old April 14th, 2000, 09:42 PM   #31
Spacegrrl9
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Spacegrrl9
Some of the best memories of my life are at Hulla parties. And no, I'm not kissing ass, I am being sincere. I can't thank you enough for those great memories I will cherish until the day I die. I am very sorry about what happened, but always remember that you have our support and in numbers we CAN make a difference.

Much Luv,

Lyndsey
Old April 14th, 2000, 11:09 PM   #32
dj number nine
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj number nine
Chris gets my thumbs up. he's definitely one of the nicest, most caring people in this "scene." when his parties started going downhill, and he saw that original magic leaving, he did the right thing and did a few parties without fliers to bring the party back to what it should be, instead of just raking in more cash. i'll always respect him for that.

Chris'll make it through this one, and i know that there are few people as dedicated as Frolic with Klubmasta at his side! go team!

- dj number nine djnumbernine.com
Old April 14th, 2000, 11:24 PM   #33
31 FLAVOURS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to 31 FLAVOURS
Chris you sure know how to throw a party and if it wern't for you i would have never gotten hooked. a year ago this weekend i went to my first party and well its sad that there isnt a hulla this time of year but as i celebrate this weekend at the last minute party all i ll be think of is my first hulla and how amazing it truly was

madd respect to you chris and the rest of the hullabaloo crew.

Peace
PLUR

Zale
31 Flavours
Old April 15th, 2000, 12:52 AM   #34
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

Unhappy

Thanks to everyone who is supporting us. It's really difficult right now, I'm very angry and frustrated. I feel helpless and it's a very bad feeling to have two months of work and effort going down the drain. This was going to be a decorated party, so I put in many hours of effort with The Prop House to help create an amazing party. It's an awful disappointment now.

The support of our hulla ravers means an awful lot. Thank you, it does help.

-Robin
Old April 15th, 2000, 05:52 AM   #35
plurette
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to plurette
Smile

Chris,

I know our situations in the past are most probably very small, and very un lasting in your mind,
but call me correct, when you believed in me, and my dreams, helped me, you showed me forms of guidence i needed,
and on the night i needed it the most, you were there, and gave me with a huge hug when you found out who i was.
you gave what you didn't have to, to me, and i am forever in your debt.
its a small impression you've made on my life, but forever an ever lasting one,
and i hope that everything will be okay, more so i know that everyone will be okay,
i've looked up to you, for sometime now,
without this board, i wouldn't have some of the dearest ppl to me, including my boi.
And without you, on 2 of my birthdays i wouldn't of had as much fun as i did celebrating them in hullabaloo style. And so many great evenings, that have bin had by all.
You know, i owe you, if you ever, and i mean, ever need anything, i owe you big time!

Hope to talk to ya on icq soon, cuz we haven't talked in awhile now *snifflez*
I believe in you, and hullabaloo!

Love,
Tamarra~
JediCrew~
May The Force Be With You~
Old April 15th, 2000, 08:09 AM   #36
Mattie Matt
Hullaboarder

thank you....for my first party, and for all the parties since, that have brought me to toronto and made it, and hullabaloo, a happy home away from home for me.

matt
Old April 15th, 2000, 11:13 AM   #37
Seal Bounce Champion! High Score:  

Pete is right. Chris, you can be proud of what you have put together over the years. Not only have you put on some of the best parties anywhere, but you have also brought tons of people together who would not have known eachother otherwise, and you have kick started the careers of many local Toronto DJs.

Old April 15th, 2000, 11:48 AM   #38
dddubbb
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dddubbb
Unhappy

U GUYS MADE ME CRY!!##R$#
peace and love and mad mad respect

dub
Old April 15th, 2000, 01:17 PM   #39
Sober J
Hullaboarder

Although I have only been to one Hulla Party,
I feel a great connection to you guys.

Hulla has an old skool vibe happening that I saw back in '93.
I dont see that at other parties now days.

I hope you are given strength from this, and I hope in the future you can continue on.

Props all of you!
PEACE
Old April 15th, 2000, 01:26 PM   #40
ample
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ample
Chris, I came back into the scene because of Hulla, it gave me back my faith. I met the man I'm now married to at Hulla. It's put a lot into my life which I'm thankful for, and I will continue to support it.
*can you feel the love in this thread?*

-Jessica
Old April 15th, 2000, 03:19 PM   #41
Lind*ser
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Lind*ser
I wanted to post something here to give my support or sumthin, but I find myself not really knowing what to say.

Chris and Robin you guys know how I feel about you two, and your friendship means the world to me. I think the highest of both of you.

I think "Group Hug" will show you just how much Hullabaloo has meant to a lot of people, and that event just might cheer you up.

In closing, I love you both. cheer up, it'll be okay soon.

-linds*
Old April 15th, 2000, 06:29 PM   #42
Rook911
Hullaboarder

some of my best memories are from hulla parties, so it's really sad to hear what's going on. mad props to u chris... i hope this shit clears up and u can get back to making good memories

~rook911~
Old April 15th, 2000, 08:40 PM   #43
anastasia
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to anastasia
Wink

I just started partying over a year ago and so far Hulla parties are my fav. I get so excited knowing that I will going to a Hulla party and I have very fond memories of the last one. I truly love happy hardcore music and Hulla parties are the only place I can let loose and have so much fun. I wish I could go tonight but my bf has an exam until 10pm. I would be afraid that I would go and Anabolic would come on and I would cry. I cried at the last Hulla because I was so happy and felt so loved by all my friends there..
So sad today..guess I will listen to happy music to cheer me up..
boohoo
Deb
Old April 16th, 2000, 04:24 AM   #44
cRAVEr
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to cRAVEr
I had to come in here late.. oh well its never too late to give propz....

Chris,

Man, All the respect in the werld goes to you. Poe-Poe had each of their thumbs up each others asses and its unfortunate that they had to shit-pile you. You are doing a great job in the "scene" both as a Dj and Promotor. Propz to ya, and if I may say this.. Please check out my site often for updates, theres going to be some stuff added I know you will want to see.
www.ravealliance.com

Please check back often as my webmaster has been away all weekend and well, I have to rush him to get the one thing up that I feel is important to what happened to you and possibly the rules that you have tried to enforce with city officials all along...

If you want to know more Please ask Will to send you the email that I sent him.. It explains everything I believe.

cRAVEr - Rave Alliance Productions
Old April 16th, 2000, 06:07 PM   #45
dea
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to dea
Mad respect to everyone that has made all the past Hulla events happen, and to all those who tried to make this one Happen. If we're going down, we are going down fighting... Good luck, hope to see you all at the next Hulla.

Kate
Old April 16th, 2000, 06:27 PM   #46
*~BlUeAnGeL~*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *~BlUeAnGeL~*
Talking

Hey

I've only been to two hulla's but at both of them i had a wikked time. I was disappointed to hear what had happened about hulla 15. We'll get through this . I hope that there will be more hulla's bc they are hella fun. Hulla was my first party and iwill always remember it.

Thank you chris so much for putting on a wikked party with wikked djs' .

Love ya all

Mel =o)