Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Group Hug
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 16th, 2000, 08:25 PM   #26
sKetChY BoY
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to sKetChY BoY
only one word to describe this party... AMAZING! the vibe there was the most amazing vibe i've ever seen! The dancing wuz absolutely amazing as well!! (especially this girl in blue and pink funfur from Toronto i think.... and this girl in a yellow hat!) I partied with the most amazing people as well, so it wuz all good!! So glad i came to Group Hug instead of Serenity.... people told me that the party was sold out.. but i took the chance and went to the opera house, good thing i did!

sketchy boy

[This message has been edited by sKetChY BoY (edited April 16, 2000).]
Old April 16th, 2000, 08:28 PM   #27
nebula
Hullaboarder

Talking

Wow, what a fantastic, wonderful, warm 'n fuzzy, beautiful party... met so many wonderful people, had a fantastic time. My personal fave set: Dr. Trance.

I managed to take a lot of pictures, but I ran out of film before Frolic's set... so here's the deal:

WHO'S GOT PICTURES???

I want to create a web page to document the event. I'm looking for any shots of Frolic's set, Frolic's speech, and any shots of Michelle the lovely door lady. Oh, and I'd also like to find a snap of that crazy lady dressed as the Queen of Hearts. Anyone? Anyone?

If you have said pics pls email me at reverb@home.com.

Much love to Phil, Sera, Ryan, Diana, Will, Chris, Jarrett, EJ, Michelle, Specs, and all the other loyal partygoers I ran into last night who I'm sure I'm forgetting.
Old April 16th, 2000, 08:35 PM   #28
flYpnotYc
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to flYpnotYc
hey, that 'lady dressed as the queen of hearts' is Mrs.Frolic. aka Robin.

hey Robin! it was cool meetin you last nite!
u looked so familiar last nite tho! then i remembered seein you at hulla 14!
well *props* to u for holdin ur idea with Hulla by still dressin up as a character from Alice in Wonderland.

flYpnotYc

[This message has been edited by flYpnotYc (edited April 16, 2000).]
Old April 16th, 2000, 08:53 PM   #29
J_ACiD
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to J_ACiD
fuck i'm such a dumbass to miss that
Old April 16th, 2000, 09:06 PM   #30
BeBe
Hullaboarder

Angry

i can't believe i missed this!
gah!

ah well...
Old April 16th, 2000, 09:18 PM   #31
Angel Gabriel
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Angel Gabriel
this was a WICKED party... especially after the lousy time i had at Serenity last weekend... it was like the complete opposite... i think you people are exaggerating a bit though... the music really wasn't that great... Elixir played almost the same set from Serenity... the rest was kinda blah... i only heard about two tracks i liked from Dr. Trance... but the people TOTALLY made up for it... i met so many awesome people... Anabolic's set at the end was AMAZING... by far the best set i have ever heard from him!!!

sorry for complaining... i know nothing can be perfect... just trying to make people feel better that missed the party...
Old April 16th, 2000, 09:44 PM   #32
Commander Keen
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Commander Keen
Talking

OMG

I'm still in awe over lastnigh.. the music was awesome, and I can't even describe the vibe..

Frolics set was amazing.. it was soo inspirational.. I can't believe how loud the crowd was...

the people I partied with, Aarron (love the hat), Dave (hope you enjoyed your first aprty) , Leslie (it was fuuny that we hooked up in line by accident), Dave (love yer little plastic ball), Jermey (your tiger is strong, but my dragon is better... hehe it was great battling with you), Marcel (hope you can walk), Laura (great dancing with you. hope we can party again), Roberta (love yer bag), Rachael (hugs), Wendy (thanks for the water), and everyone else that I can't remember) you guys are amazing.... you made this the best..

thanks for everything.

Steve, Keener

Old April 16th, 2000, 09:48 PM   #33
RaVeRGuY
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to RaVeRGuY
Wink

Wow...looks like I missed a really incredible party. I wish I would've gone..but oh wellz, skewl comes first. Glad you all had fun. I got goosebumps readin' all those great and emotional reviews.

-JP
Old April 16th, 2000, 10:14 PM   #34
phryl
Hullaboarder

i would like to thank everybody who came out last night to show their support for chris and hullabaloo.

chris has come a long way since he first played and booked hardcore for us at the "not the end" parties held over 4 years ago (both phryl and hullabaloo would rise from the ashes of "not the end" after the second party).

i have more respect for what chris has accomplished in the last 3 years, then most other promoters in toronto. unlike many promotion companies that have come and gone (or who remain today), chris has remained true to his music and his style since day one. respect for being true to yourself.

i was honoured that he asked me for help, and happy that we were able to pull something together so quickly.

Will and Silver1 should be recognized for their invaluable support & assistance last night, and for their fierce loyalty and devotion to hullabaloo. They are indeed, true friends.

although i'm not a HHC fan, i really enjoyed myself last night and was floored by the intensity of the vibe. it was certainly an emotional evening for everyone there, and michelle & i are just happy that we were a part of it.

it's an evening i will not soon forget.

thanks also to E by Gum for being such a class act, and to everybody else who contributed to the vibe and supported chris by coming out to represent last night.

cheers,
phil.
Old April 16th, 2000, 10:55 PM   #35
Scugog
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up

That was my first rave and i LOVED it! All the DJ's had very impressive sets, my favorite part was Anabolic Frolic spinning Eye Opener.

Scugog
Old April 16th, 2000, 10:55 PM   #36
CandEKid
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to CandEKid
Talking

Wow,

Thats all I have to say. After a night like that I don't think there can ever be a topper to that vibe I felt last night...NEVER. Frolic...my deepest respect for all you have done for us, you deserve more than you will ever know! Will, it was nice to finally meet you, and see who keeps our board running smoothly!...and to everyone else I met, *MASSIVE HUGS*...that was a night I will never forget.

Hullabaloo will never die.........KEEP THE VIBE ALIVE!

Peace,
Steve
Old April 16th, 2000, 11:00 PM   #37
TraNceAhoLic
Hullaboarder

hmmmmmmmmm......
I missed another 1.................
there better be some more hulla's...I need to go to at least 1 in my life

Later,
TraNceAhoLic
Old April 17th, 2000, 12:15 AM   #38
dj number nine
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to dj number nine
i am so glad to hear that everything worked out with Group Hug and the whole ordeal. even though the rave scene has its problems, it's still got an above-average percentage of people who truly care for eachother.

i'm sorry i couldn't make it up to Toronto (exams and all): it sounds like i missed a phenomenal time. but at any rate, you guys did great work. congradulations.

Scoreboard
Toronto Police : 0
Ravers : 1

let's keep it up ..

- dj number nine djnumbernine.com
Old April 17th, 2000, 12:24 AM   #39
jewelz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to jewelz
Wink

I wasn't there but I am glad to see that everything worked out so well. I am seriously touched by all that I have heard about last night, and I am proud to be a part of hulla, I know that we will survive all of this.
Old April 17th, 2000, 12:33 AM   #40
nebula
Hullaboarder

Talking

quote:
Originally posted by flYpnotYc:
hey, that 'lady dressed as the queen of hearts' is Mrs.Frolic. aka Robin.

duh!

nebula
Old April 17th, 2000, 03:47 AM   #41
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
this is a great thread

about tapes: there were none made, so it's all left to our memories of that magical night.
Old April 17th, 2000, 04:04 AM   #42
FunKstAR
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to FunKstAR
Reading this thread has brought tears to my eyes....

My hairs on my arms stand up....
This is what partyin' is about...Standin up and believin' in something so magical..I truly wish I could of been there...Those parties are ones I dream about..

Much respect to all of you's I truly wish I could of been there to experience...something that happens so little nowadays...

=(

But I keep the faith and Love our scene..

Mad love...eternally and forever...

Funk*Star
~Jeannie~
Old April 17th, 2000, 04:10 AM   #43
-*Baby Duck*-
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to -*Baby Duck*-
this sounds liek teh hullas that i remembered... too bad i missed it.. the sleep was good though!
Old April 17th, 2000, 05:56 AM   #44
Santa-Mike
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Santa-Mike
Damn wish i could've been there...

i had lost faith in hulla's because of what i saw at the parties... but for all those people to come together and show support and go nuts... damn i missed a good one...

props to all involved, looks like you threw one hell of a bash in some pretty tough times...

~ mike ~

wisshing he had gone
Old April 17th, 2000, 09:33 AM   #45
madnezz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to madnezz
AHAHAHHAHAHAH ---> ROBIN, you dressed as the queen on hearts??? HAHAHHAHAHAHA

damn, I have that picture of you all candied up too... all I need to know is how to post it *evil grin*

adios

Laura
Old April 17th, 2000, 12:53 PM   #46
NOWOLF
Hullaboarder

the small number of people attending this party made it what it was :}}-- the poilce presence at the beggining of the party got me worried for a while-- with their ferocious looks and their inquisitive smiles they were wasting their patrol time with "supervising" this party when they should of been out patrolling the streets and protecting the public from bullets and knives and maybe that kid who died from a bullet that night would still be alive..-----peace and respect but not to the ignorant ones
ay
Old April 17th, 2000, 12:54 PM   #47
NOWOLF
Hullaboarder

Cool

the small number of people attending this party made it what it was :}}-- the poilce presence at the beggining of the party got me worried for a while-- with their ferocious looks and their inquisitive smiles they were wasting their patrol time with "supervising" this party when they should of been out patrolling the streets and protecting the public from bullets and knives and maybe that kid who died from a bullet that night would still be alive..-----peace and respect but not to the ignorant ones--
ay
Old April 17th, 2000, 01:01 PM   #48
simpletee
Hullaboarder

yes... this was definitely a most memorable night! I'm so happy that i stayed right till the end

a big *hug* to all the people i met (you know who you are, i think) and big ups to the DETROIT crew... you guys rocked!

"I can't believe there's police here, and they're not shutting the party down!"
-or-
"You call this ghetto?"

oh, and thanks John (e-by-gum) for shouting out my nickname on the mic.. it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside hehe

good times... good times...

.\\artin aka ~simpletee~

ps. i took tonnes of pics.. they'll hopefully be up on some site soon..

[This message has been edited by simpletee (edited April 17, 2000).]
Old April 17th, 2000, 02:26 PM   #49
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
eventhough i showed up incredibly late and pretty much missed everything i felt something i havent felt in a long time at a party. That tingly feeling that is the vibe at a party. The last time i felt that was over a year and a half ago.

I was very impressed with the two sets i was there for (dr trance & frolic). Its been a long time since i really got into one of frolic's sets (no offence) and he was definately spot on with the mixing and the track selection.

Im sorry everything didnt work out for hullabaloo... even if i dont like some of the parties hullabaloo throws i will always go to the next one because i know there is always a solid line up and alot of effort is made to make sure we have a good time. And although i seem like the type of person who wouldnt like to be at hullabaloo i do. I might not show it though. Ive been to every hullabaloo since hullabaloo 7 and i will continue to go to everyone if there are more. why? because on saturday i remembered why i love raving. i cant explain it really but the end of that party just made my cold heart feel warm.

anyways (heres the typical saffron part). whoever that girl with the glowsticks on the strings was was a complete moron. I dont know how many times she came close to hitting me and my friend while she was dancing on the stage. and she was asked by 4 different people not to do it because it came really close to our heads but she disregarded it because she was either selfish or too wigged out to care. she let go of them once and took a few ppl out while they flew. Like really people... i dunno if you know but its pretty disrespectfull to the ravers, mc's and to the dj's to dance on the stage right in front of the dj and mc. Some of us like to see the dj and most dj's like to see the people they are playing to so maybe keep that in mind if you do dance on the stage. Stay to the side if you must be up there. thanks.

Saffron
*original UK dj/mc tease*

[This message has been edited by Saffron (edited April 17, 2000).]
Old April 17th, 2000, 02:34 PM   #50
skyparty
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to skyparty
ahhh sounds like a good night!
but $25 to go to the opera house, no thanks.

but so glad to see you all made the best of it and it turned out the best.

wouldv'e loved to have been there, but i had a wikked night myself too...

all i gotta say is Capitol J has *got* to do another breaks set soon... wholy shit....

big up to sernity and small society!

narissa