Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Group Hug
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 17th, 2000, 02:58 PM   #51
squirrel-E
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to squirrel-E
No, not $25.00 for the Opera House. $25.00 for a wicked small party with wicked huge DJS and a wicked tight vibe. Oh, and $25.00 to be part of something truly positive. And to celebrate our survival. Happy Hullabaloo

(Hey! That's the first time I've ever said that with a straight face!)

luvuall, Robin

*jumpjumpjumpin' on the Hullabaloo bandwagon*

[This message has been edited by squirrel-E (edited April 17, 2000).]
Old April 17th, 2000, 03:22 PM   #52
~Lesslyn~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~Lesslyn~ Send a message via MSN to ~Lesslyn~
WOW!!! this was one of the most incredible nights ever!! Nothing about it can I complain about! The vibe was the most intense thing I have ever felt! The people were incredible and I met so many new people!
Even the line-up was fun, woohoo-gotta love the happy face baloon (so sad when he died.. ..heheh) Elixir's set was amazing and i don't generally like that kind of music! E by Gum, thanks for hte picture and the shout out for me and my boy! I am not usually a dancer but my god..i don't know what got into me...i didn't stop!! Frolics set was the best! I have never seen such a touching thing ever-the group hug at the end and the speeches...*sigh* Oh, thanks frolic for dancing with us...and the lil group hug! This night will remain a magical memory in my heart! Thanks so much!

~leslie~
p.s Detroit crew you guys rock!! oh..and the digicrew..we finally united!
Old April 17th, 2000, 03:52 PM   #53
blueboy
Hullaboarder

Talking

WOW!!! this had to be the best party i've been to in a long time. SOOOO much emotion was running through the building, that it made it a truly magical experience. I've never felt so much unity and love coming from all sides. I am still getting teary eyed thinking about it now. Chris, you were truly amazing, both my best friend and i could do nothing but cry in each others arms during your speech. Thank you so much for throwing a party that will remain in memory for ever and ever.

thank you again to all those involved.

blue
Old April 17th, 2000, 03:57 PM   #54
Mattie Matt
Hullaboarder

what a nite...we debated for two days whether or not we should even make the drive up since there were only going to be 850 let in or whatever. sacrifices were made, sleep was ignored, and we were off to toronto saturday morning. it was sooo worth it, too. only the most dedicated were there. only those who truly wanted to, no..HAD to be there. elixir was awesome, as usual. i made the mistake of drinking a little too much so that during orange peel and dr. trance's set, i was in depression mode and couldn't stop thinking of all the school shit i had to do when i went home. maybe i would have enjoyed their sets more if i hadn't been schwilly. but frolic...your set reminded me of a little hand out that caillia made once...saying "last night a dj saved my life." your set brought me back to life, made the night worthwhile, made me forget for an hour about everything besides having a wonderful time and being with great people. shooting star was awesome. and heart of gold brought back all the memories of spring roll and reminded me why i LOVE the opera house, and more importantly, why i love hullabaloo. amazing. thanks for the memories, everyone. thanks to chris, phil, and my detroit gurl michelle for coming together to save the night. i'll never forget group hug. *hugs*

matt

d-d-d-detroit where the party at?
Old April 17th, 2000, 03:58 PM   #55
Mattie Matt
Hullaboarder

[This message has been edited by Mattie Matt (edited April 17, 2000).]
Old April 17th, 2000, 03:59 PM   #56
Mattie Matt
Hullaboarder

[This message has been edited by Mattie Matt (edited April 17, 2000).]
Old April 17th, 2000, 04:05 PM   #57
Rayne
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rayne
Talking

I dont think I have ever experienced the vibe that I felt at that party. Nothing will ever top it!

to everyone that came out and supported Big Hug, you guys are the BEST!

Happy Hullabaloo
Rayne
Old April 17th, 2000, 04:09 PM   #58
SmiRkleS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SmiRkleS
well, um.. i didn't go to this party.
but, i have only heard good things about it!

jaCki
Old April 17th, 2000, 04:10 PM   #59
Rayne
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Rayne
Talking

I dont think I have ever experienced the vibe that I felt at that party. Nothing will ever top it!

to everyone that came out and supported Big Hug, and to everyone who ran it,you guys are the BEST!

Happy Hullabaloo
Rayne
Old April 17th, 2000, 04:43 PM   #60
James
Hullaboarder

Thumbs up

Ok, so there's hardly anything more to be said about Group Hug. Everyone has already explained what it was - The most amazing night with the most amazing people.

What I wanna say though (for me and my boyfriend James):

1) When we smiled at someone, they automatically smiled back at us.

2) We felt we could go up and talk to everyone and anyone at Group Hug, (including Frolic, E-By-Gum and Vinyltrixta) and did.

3) We made new (real) friends, not just aquaintences.

4)It was my boyfriend James's idea to have a big group hug, and my friend Ashley told E-By-Gum to announce it. I didn't hear if he did or not, but maybe the people right at the front did, and started clustering together then moving back. (Ashley was the girl with the visor dancing on stage with 2 glowsticks)
However it started, Instantaniously or not quite...That was truly the most amazing vibe I've ever experienced. Love was all around us.
Thanx to everyone that was there and made us and everyone else so happy (Especially Frolic).

Luv you all, Jules (mrs.James)

[This message has been edited by James (edited April 17, 2000).]
Old April 17th, 2000, 06:08 PM   #61
*katie*
Hullaboarder

mattie matt asked:

<< d-d-d-detroit where the party at? >>

RIGHT HERE! I love Detroit, sketchiness and all, but you Toronto kids sure know how to have a good time! This was easily the best party I have ever been to, hands down.. I met so many wonderful people including some new Detroit kiddies, and I've never seen so many kind people around... kids offering each other water and smiling at strangers and giving random hugs. It was beautiful, and truly gave me a new perspective on life right now.

THANK YOU Phil! (and Detroit's Michelle, I should meet you sometime!) you have some good karma coming to you.

THANK YOU Frolic for being so nice, I too was part of a group hug with you and I accosted you for a personal one while I had the chance! your music means so much to me and I don't think I can express to you how happy your set made me on Saturday, it brought me to tears then and I still get all misty just remembering. I'll remember Saturday for the rest of my life, and probably tell my kids about it someday. it was that special.

And of course, many thanks to my Detroit friends for making Saturday so memorable, at least some of us can unify right? (especially my traveling companions -- Mattie Matt, Lace, and Liz -- I can't believe we topped February! soooo fun!) Toronto kids, you rule and I hope you know how lucky you have it! I met so many people, thanks for being so nice and welcoming! Leslie and Dave, *smoooooch*! thanks for hanging out with us after the party! Klubmasta Will, so nice to meet you! okay, I really should wrap this up huh? *****HUGS*****

katie

[This message has been edited by *katie* (edited April 17, 2000).]
Old April 17th, 2000, 06:23 PM   #62
Grrl2004
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Grrl2004 Send a message via AIM to Grrl2004
Talking

WOW!

I'm so disappointed I couldn't be there, but I did party that night, so I could at least get a feelin of a vibe. And let me tell you, the party I went to was Kinetic's Ground Zero, and almost every kid I talked about was disappointed about Hullabaloo, and everyone gave mad respects to frolic..

And it made me think, Hullabaloo is an institution in our scene. Which makes it good.

I hope they don't stop, I really don't..

Fatty Matty McPLuR
Old April 17th, 2000, 07:03 PM   #63
*JaSMiN*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *JaSMiN*
Wink

WOW!!!! is all that I can say. I think that Group Hug would have to be the best party I've ever been too. I can't believe how many people and nice people for that matter I met Sat. nite. (I was the one with the wings on giving out HUGS) No one that I met was having anything, but an awesome time. Thank you to Chris and Phil and everyone who put on Group Hug, and thank you to everyone who was there. You made me a memory!
*JaSMiN*
Old April 17th, 2000, 08:50 PM   #64
george of the jungle
Hullaboarder

Smile

The best vibe I have ever experienced ever. So many great people in one room. Me and my g/f met two wicked americans from Philladelphia and Baltimore. Have a safe trip back.

This was my first encounter with true PLUR and I liked it a lot. Everyone was so nice and incredible! I wish jungle parties would have love and shareing like group hug did Saturday night.

I was under the impresion there was going to be some jungle played. What happened?

Peace
Old April 17th, 2000, 11:46 PM   #65
SpikyJungleChild
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SpikyJungleChild
Smile

This is not a review of Group Hug, but more of a reflection and an introspective. It is at the bottom of a long list,and probably no one will really read this, but I need to post this for me.

Group Hug was more than just a party. Group Hug was a phenomenon. In my entire life, not just party life, have I ever been so moved by one occurance.

Group Hug was my first sober party. I had access to drugs as I have had every party. But this was one night I just didn't need it... I didn't even want it! I am not a very
emotional person... but I found myself close to tears during the closing minutes of the party.

Everything was perfect for that night... the people were happy, the music was insane, and the vibe was stronger and more present than any other party I've been to before.

Elixir, Orange Peel, Dr Trance, I usually HATE House and Trance... but dammit, the vibe was so strong, I still couldn't stop dancing!!! You guys made me like the music I could never listen to, little alone vibe to before!!!

Vibes, Vinyltrixta, those two sets had me dancing nonstop... E-By-Gum, you remember me; I was the crazy guy at the bottom of the stage all night! Those were two of the
greatest HHC sets I've ever heard in my life, infact they could have been the greatest. I got a Vinyltrixta tape at Hulla 14, and was skeptical... but it was such an
amazing tape, that I had to see him again. And BELIEVE ME, I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!!! Finally, Anabolic Frolic... Chris... many many thanks, his set brought me from
huffing and puffing tired to dancing like a psycho in just two beats!

Finally, the closing of the party... I was fortunate to have been on the stage for this part of the party, and fortunate enough to have been right next to Anabolic during his speech. In my opinion, this was the greatest
moment in Hulla History... the uniting of the raving masses, all in support of the vibe... the energy, even at 6:00am, was electric. And the final track, Heart of Gold, was the most appropriate song I've ever heard.
The group hug at the end was the icing on the cake...
a physical manifestation of the PEACE, the LOVE, the UNITY, and the RESPECT we all had for one another that night. I've never been quite so close to tears as I was that
night... I even feel emotional just writing about it now.

To the many friends I made that night, you were all part of this;

JEREMY/MARCEL : What a night... the walk from Queen and Sketch was worth it eh? Too bad robotic Elvis couldn't join us... Never forget jungle dancing to trance... it was still fun! HAHAHAH!

STEVE/ARRON/DAVE : You guys were awesome... it's so wicked we found each other in line! Too bad about our smily faced friend... he has gone to a better place, even if he was
JUST a balloon... Steve, ya gotta love my light shows...Arron, Dr Trance really DID tear it up.. and Dave, happy first party! Enjoy the bracelet!

THE DETROIT CREW (Katie, Lacea, Aaron, Matty Matt, and the rest!) : You guys were AWESOME.. the amount of fun we had was just too much... thanks for being there, thanks for inviting us back to the hotel afterwards, and thanks for the hospitality... you guys gotta come back soon! And remember Lacea and Katie... BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY!!!

To my dear Leslie... we met at Hulla 14, and here we are. I've never met a girl like you, and you have really taken this poor little french boy to the skies... just like the song, see me climb. You are part of what makes Hulla what it is for me, not just for being you, but for the memories as well. I love you sweetheart.

To Phil from Phryl, thank you for being there... what you said to me on Saturday was completely true, "What are friends for?"

To Anabolic, thank you not just from me, but on behalf of the scene. You really know what the scene is all about, and you were what I was waiting for all night. You are awesome, and keep it up! Keep Hulla happening!!!

And to everyone... to everyone who attended, who was there in support of Hullabaloo and the scene as a whole, we made a statement, and took a stand on April 15th, 2000.
We will not let stereotypes, generalizations, scapegoating,and general prejudice bring us down. We are STRONGER than that, and we have proven it!

The fact of the matter is that the scene is being assaulted... it is being violated. Those who arrange them are being persecuted, and those who attend them are being stereotyped and generalized as drug users and lepers on society. We are in the scenes darkest hour... the fact of the matter
is that human beings are xenophobic, and fear that which they do not understand. The powers that be are from a different generation, and rather than try to see us as what we are, they are trying to destroy us with a
vicious, almost sadistic mentality... like bloodhungry wildebeasts attacking a defenseless deer. Our only hope
is each other... together we stand, divided we fall.

I close this message with the same thing I close all my messages, but I think it takes on a more special meaning now...

******************PLUR***********************

- Dave

LONG LIVE HULLABALOO

[This message has been edited by SpikyJungleChild (edited April 17, 2000).]
Old April 18th, 2000, 12:06 AM   #66
XSTACEY
Hullaboarder

Talking

I'm glad everything worked out for you guys!
Nice work!

Old April 18th, 2000, 12:33 AM   #67
Jaberwocky
Hullaboarder

Smile

Who's phil ?

i don't know who phil is so i have no clue who everyone is thanking..
= (
i feel disoriented...

lates yo!
PLURR
Alex
Old April 18th, 2000, 12:35 AM   #68
~Lesslyn~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~Lesslyn~ Send a message via MSN to ~Lesslyn~
so true.....so true dave (spikyjunglechild)....*sigh* i want to go back there...what a magical night...

~leslie~
Old April 18th, 2000, 03:11 AM   #69
prodjectx
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to prodjectx
Unhappy

why why...i can't believe that i missed that party. = (

peace, 1lOvE
rYaN
Old April 18th, 2000, 03:19 AM   #70
Ms. Fit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Ms. Fit
Talking

there are no words to describe that party. it was simply.....amazing. even tho there was no jungle that was still my fave party ever! i met so many amazing people. wow. i dunno whatelse to say. everything as been said....thank you klubmasta, frolic, robin, phil, and michelle you all have my utmost respect.

Melissa
Old April 18th, 2000, 05:23 AM   #71
Da_Jungle_BunnE
Hullaboarder

Exclamation

Eveyone has said everything that can be said about that party, but I still feel the need to put in my two cents.

My roommate and I came from Detroit even though we heared hulla was cancelled.

Chris, we had so much faith in you that something would be pulled together and for that soul reason we came. your set brought tears to my eyes, I don't think there was ever a DJ in detroit who's set has even come close. I really feel like the kidz who went to serenity missed something so phantastic, something that happens so rarely. Grand Rapids Loves you!

I took a train home, my ears still ringing, and here I am at 3:00 am, still amazed at what all you crazy party people accomplished. From the unbelievable feeling of the group hug at the end to just the vibe all night, it's like, if that were the last party i were to go to, I would be content.

I met so many cool people in T-dot that night...they were all true party kidz. My girl, Bridget (she wore some dalmation print fleece pants with a matching vest) said something that just amazes me now before we even left to get on the train.

She and I had tickets that we couldn't take back until after we got back to Toronto and she would joke and say, "You'll see, all the kidz who believe in hullabaloo, all the true hulla ravers, will make whatever party we go to a hullabaloo"
For a girl who only heared me talk about Toronto, and Hullabaloo, She had so much faith that something else was going to happen.

So there we were, representin' Detroit partying with you crazy Toronto kidz, and I just knew that these were the kidz that bridget was telling me about, the party kidz that never give up hope on companies that stay true to themselves and their scene.

So, to end this long cheezy letter I'd like to send my congrats and my deepest appreciation and *massive hugs* to all the peeps who pulled this together, to the DJ's who made me get down all night, and to all the kids that made my night one I will never forget (brandon, you especially).

And to top off my night, as we were leaving, I got to hug Chris, and there's nothing like the feeling you get when you tell someone they've made you have the best time. massive love from Da Jungle!

[This message has been edited by Da_Jungle_BunnE (edited April 18, 2000).]
Old April 18th, 2000, 12:16 PM   #72
CHILL
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to CHILL
Thumbs up

Clubmasta Will Phil from phryl and anibolic frolic u guys r my heros i was so sad 2 c hulla canclled
thax yall came through with an amazin party

ANIBOLIC FROLIC U R THE MAN

watchin hulla live 4eva CHILL
Old April 18th, 2000, 12:22 PM   #73
CHILL
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to CHILL
Talking

HAPPY HULLABALOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

till nex time

Old April 18th, 2000, 05:07 PM   #74
*Tommy20*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *Tommy20* Send a message via AIM to *Tommy20*
AHHHHH!!!! I LOVE reading this thread I had so many great points at this party Even tho I didn't get to see most of my friends who i wont be able to see in a long time, i still had a great time! I met so many great people, and hvae to say my most magical moment in the party was when they played Elysium. This is my favorite song, and I just went whistle crazy...ehhe, sorry to the girl in front of me...but she just laughed and started blowing her whistle rihgt back at me YaY!!!! I came over 300 miles for this party by bus from college, and i'm so glad i did!!!!!!!!! thank u !!!!!!!!! even though i will be working in ohio all summer without a car, i MUST find a way to hulla 16! I WILL see u there!!!! finally! here's ME!!!!!

LUV U !!! *HUG*
Tommy
Old April 18th, 2000, 09:06 PM   #75
*katie*
Hullaboarder

Lightbulb

tommy -- cute pic!

jabberwocky -- phil is the wonderful man who helped frolic out when he was in a jam, and helped take care of hulla's expenses by hosting group hug.. check out the previous page for more comments.

katie