User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old April 18th, 2000, 09:21 PM   #76
SpEcS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SpEcS
Cool

Well...I must say I had tears wellign up in my eyes at the end. I agree with Saffy, this was (pardon the pun) an eyeopener. It showed me the reason I go to parties.

Since I think I talked to each and every one of you in line, thank you all for keeping me entertained and taking my flyers! =) I had a great time talking to all of you!

I can't wait to see you all again. I hope anyone who talked to me will coem hunt me down again at whatever party they see me at! I would really enjoy talking to any of you again!

Well...hope to see all of you soon! I had a wikkid time...and one more thing...SHAME ON YOU FROLIC FOR NOT MAKING TAPES!!!!

SpEcS
-F3 Productions http://www.f3.tsx.org
416-703-5643
April 29, 2000 - OUT OF THE BLUE

Old April 19th, 2000, 12:07 AM   #77
*katie*
Hullaboarder

specs -- I saw you all night sweetie! you tried to hand us yet another flier as we were leaving, I swear I got at least 5! I still don't think the detroit crew will be able to make it to your party, but I promised you I'd try and I will! (I was the blonde haired girl in the yellow t-shirt/olive phat pants from d-town, I also chatted with you in the girls bathroom for a couple minutes I think!) heh, you're a cutie.

p.s. is anyone thinking about scanning their pics from group hug? I'd love to see everyone's pics! I haven't gotten mine developed yet but when I do I'll try to post some or something.

katie
...STILL all warm and fuzzy from that party.
Old April 19th, 2000, 12:29 AM   #78
SpEcS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to SpEcS
Cool

I hop ehte detroit crew can make it...you guys kicked ass to chill with.....

I want one of those shirts y0!!!!

SpEcS
-F3 Productions http://www.f3.tsx.org
416-703-5643
April 29, 2000 - OUT OF THE BLUE
Old April 19th, 2000, 02:20 AM   #79
*katie*
Hullaboarder

I just don't want this thread to be bumped from the first page...

katie
...viva group hug!
Old April 19th, 2000, 02:31 AM   #80
Tranc-N-Dent
Hullanewbie

Talking

If making anyone that did not make it to funhouse feel the strongest pangs of envy known to human kind is cool, consider yourselves miles davis.

kudos to anyone lucky enough to experience what everyone who has ever set foot in a party is meant to feel.

peace out
Old April 19th, 2000, 03:49 PM   #81
Da grunj
Hullaboarder

The past weekends problems with the rave scene is not only happening in Toronto, but all over our country. If it was not for pHil from pHryl, the out come for Anabolic Frolic could have been much worse.

A simular situation happened in Vancouver a few weeks ago, the entire rave'n comunity was out to get the organizer who tried to do the best he could. We must all keep our heads up. Raves are cancelled approx. 50% of the time in Vancouver (my experiences).

april 05 2000 - Epic Productions (Matrix)

Official Press Release

"In regards to the Matrix on April 01, firstly I would like to express my deepest apologies to all the people who never made it into the Matrix and to all who had to put up with the bullshit outside. I am not here to make excuses for myself or my company and I do take full responsibility even though the factors that hindered this event were external. What I really want to do is to make an understanding with all of you who we failed.

I can take a lot of things that are said about me, whether it be that I'm a failure, a dick or that I throw bad parties but the one thing that I cannot accept is when people refer to my company as a cash grab. Because that is the furthest from the truth, if we were in it for the money I would not have gone through w/three venues, losing most of my personal savings; I would have just cancelled the show--it would have been that easy. I'm not here to rip you off, if I was why did I even throw one. But instead I did everything that I could humanly do to make sure that a show did go on.

In hopes that you will understand, these are the events that transpired:

We hired the services of Undernet to obtain our license and to get our venue which was the PNE Agridome--We had put an initial deposit on the Agridome and went to the Fest. Committee for approval. What had happened with the PNE was that the never handed in their revised fire safety and security plan in time to the city which resulted in us losing the license. This can be attested by the comment made by the city in the Georgia Straight and VTV news. Thus a week and a half to the show we had no venue.

We scoped every single venue we could think of and on Monday the week of the show we came into contact with the owner of the A-Frame building in Delta who really wanted to rent us that building. We made our agreements and put a half down on the venue and secured it. We thought everything was saved, made plans and designed how everything was going to be set up. Come Friday night my sound and lighting crew went into set up only to be harassed by police and threatened by them. The police did not want a rave this size to occur in their town. Like most closed minded police who are prejudicial against raves and our scene, they would not stand down. Thus at midnight we came to a standoff. I had to make the decision whether come Saturday we would standoff w/the police and risk having the party shut down or pull out of the venue. I chose to pull out of the venue because I did not want to risk the safety of any kids since a standoff with this many people would have resulted in a riot.

So come Friday night we had no venue, at this point most people would have just thrown in the towel and buried their heads under a pillow. I was fortunate to have really close friends who stayed up with me all night infusing courage and telling me not to give up and that a show must go on no matter what the costs. Not sleeping the whole night I paced up and down my room trying to think of a solution, outdoors? Underground? but nothing could be done under such notice. Then at 10 am Saturday morning I got a call from a friend that Foolproof had cancelled their show and that the Halls were now available-- Thus at 12 in the afternoon we set up both the halls and believe me setting up two parties in eight hours is not the easiest thing to do under these circumstances. I guess the rest you all know. Those that did not get in I'm very sorry, the police were very uneasy about the crowds and they wanted to get everyone dispersed to avoid any commotion.

Right from day one we had amazing opposition from the authorities, I believe that they were very afraid of the numbers that we could draw and thus they chose to gridlock every single step of our process in order to make us fail.

I would like to thank my sound and lighting company Juice Entertainment for sticking by me till the bitter end. Moses I know you stuck your neck out for me and I will never forget it, thanks for not pulling out. And thank you Bobby and Sangeep, I know you guys got into a lot of heat.

The very last thing I wanted to do was to disappoint all of you and it does hurt me to know that I did. The whole reason I wanted to throw parties was to look at the whole party and see the house jumping up and down having fun. Even though my name and my company is being hammered right now, I have no regrets about not canceling the show. I truly apologize for what has transpired and am trying to figure out what to do. Give me a day or two and I will make an announcement. I know I fucked up your night but everyone makes mistakes and at least I tried my very best to make things go through. To all those who made it into the party I hoped you enjoyed the music, the lighting and sound show, because nothing like that has ever gone into the halls. Whether you believe me or not is out of my control, all I can do is explain exactly what happened and hope that you understand.

Sincerely,
Nathan--E.P

Old April 19th, 2000, 03:51 PM   #82
Da grunj
Hullaboarder

The past weekends problems with the rave scene is not only happening in Toronto, but all over our country. If it was not for pHil from pHryl, the out come for Anabolic Frolic could have been much worse.

A simular situation happened in Vancouver a few weeks ago, the entire rave'n comunity was out to get the organizer who tried to do the best he could. We must all keep our heads up. Raves are cancelled approx. 50% of the time in Vancouver (my experiences).

april 05 2000 - Epic Productions (Matrix)

Official Press Release

"In regards to the Matrix on April 01, firstly I would like to express my deepest apologies to all the people who never made it into the Matrix and to all who had to put up with the bullshit outside. I am not here to make excuses for myself or my company and I do take full responsibility even though the factors that hindered this event were external. What I really want to do is to make an understanding with all of you who we failed.

I can take a lot of things that are said about me, whether it be that I'm a failure, a dick or that I throw bad parties but the one thing that I cannot accept is when people refer to my company as a cash grab. Because that is the furthest from the truth, if we were in it for the money I would not have gone through w/three venues, losing most of my personal savings; I would have just cancelled the show--it would have been that easy. I'm not here to rip you off, if I was why did I even throw one. But instead I did everything that I could humanly do to make sure that a show did go on.

In hopes that you will understand, these are the events that transpired:

We hired the services of Undernet to obtain our license and to get our venue which was the PNE Agridome--We had put an initial deposit on the Agridome and went to the Fest. Committee for approval. What had happened with the PNE was that the never handed in their revised fire safety and security plan in time to the city which resulted in us losing the license. This can be attested by the comment made by the city in the Georgia Straight and VTV news. Thus a week and a half to the show we had no venue.

We scoped every single venue we could think of and on Monday the week of the show we came into contact with the owner of the A-Frame building in Delta who really wanted to rent us that building. We made our agreements and put a half down on the venue and secured it. We thought everything was saved, made plans and designed how everything was going to be set up. Come Friday night my sound and lighting crew went into set up only to be harassed by police and threatened by them. The police did not want a rave this size to occur in their town. Like most closed minded police who are prejudicial against raves and our scene, they would not stand down. Thus at midnight we came to a standoff. I had to make the decision whether come Saturday we would standoff w/the police and risk having the party shut down or pull out of the venue. I chose to pull out of the venue because I did not want to risk the safety of any kids since a standoff with this many people would have resulted in a riot.

So come Friday night we had no venue, at this point most people would have just thrown in the towel and buried their heads under a pillow. I was fortunate to have really close friends who stayed up with me all night infusing courage and telling me not to give up and that a show must go on no matter what the costs. Not sleeping the whole night I paced up and down my room trying to think of a solution, outdoors? Underground? but nothing could be done under such notice. Then at 10 am Saturday morning I got a call from a friend that Foolproof had cancelled their show and that the Halls were now available-- Thus at 12 in the afternoon we set up both the halls and believe me setting up two parties in eight hours is not the easiest thing to do under these circumstances. I guess the rest you all know. Those that did not get in I'm very sorry, the police were very uneasy about the crowds and they wanted to get everyone dispersed to avoid any commotion.

Right from day one we had amazing opposition from the authorities, I believe that they were very afraid of the numbers that we could draw and thus they chose to gridlock every single step of our process in order to make us fail.

I would like to thank my sound and lighting company Juice Entertainment for sticking by me till the bitter end. Moses I know you stuck your neck out for me and I will never forget it, thanks for not pulling out. And thank you Bobby and Sangeep, I know you guys got into a lot of heat.

The very last thing I wanted to do was to disappoint all of you and it does hurt me to know that I did. The whole reason I wanted to throw parties was to look at the whole party and see the house jumping up and down having fun. Even though my name and my company is being hammered right now, I have no regrets about not canceling the show. I truly apologize for what has transpired and am trying to figure out what to do. Give me a day or two and I will make an announcement. I know I fucked up your night but everyone makes mistakes and at least I tried my very best to make things go through. To all those who made it into the party I hoped you enjoyed the music, the lighting and sound show, because nothing like that has ever gone into the halls. Whether you believe me or not is out of my control, all I can do is explain exactly what happened and hope that you understand.

Sincerely,
Nathan--E.P

Old April 19th, 2000, 06:02 PM   #83
noah
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to noah
Oh goodness
I haven't posted my review yet!
Well here ya go

Holy Shit .... this is one of the best parties of all time!
And I honestly feel sorry for all of you who missed this jam.
First I'll get the olny bad things about the party out
Okay they searched my shoes 3 times, what's up with that?
And when I was getting patted down, the secuirty guard felt it necissary to grab my genitales! (I hope that's how you spell that)
And the security was really tight
And Rukkus never showed, so I had to go all night without any Jungle
But every DJ threw down amazing sets
I really don't like trance or Hard house ...
But Elixir, Orange Peel and Dr. Trance all had me jumpin and swayin
I haven't danced that much ever!
The Vibes and Livelee show blew me away
Vinyltrixa was wicked too
But the absolute best was when Frolic came out and talked to all of us
It was honestly a majical feeling
There was plenty of room to dance, wicked people there ... well on the most part wicked people
the line-up was kinda shitty
But once we got inside it was all worth it
Excellent sound and a pretty soild light show too
I just can't stop saying good things about this party
You can only understand exactly how amazing it was unless you were there
But the absolute high light of the night
Was during Vibes set ...
Some girl came up to me and said
"holy, you're really rippin shit up you're a really good dancer. Damn you must have a wicked E"
Then I told her that I hadn't dosed and I was completely sober! (I didn't even smoke 1 J all night)
The look on her face was priceless
she was like holy shit how can you dance that intense sober
And I was like how can't you dance this intense when you're sober
Big Up all the people who said they liked my dancing ... you can't understand how good that makes me feel inside and all the people who smiled at me when I was dancing
Huge huge Big Up to Phil for helping out and trowing a truely memorable party and to Frolic for still being in good spirit's eventhough is party got cancelled
And one last Big Up to all the people who turned out and made this night what it was
One of the best parties of the year

peace
noah

Old April 20th, 2000, 01:48 AM   #84
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
I just wanted to add that all the UK guys were VERY impressed with the party and the type of crowd and support we can pull in under such circumstances. I was told repeatedly over the weekend that we truly had something very special over here and I'm sure you can all agree
Old April 20th, 2000, 12:37 PM   #85
Jess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jess
Thumbs up

Well, I figure it's better late than never to tell you how much I appreciated Group Hug. I was completely disappointed when I found out Through the Looking Glass had been cancelled as I was bringing two friends who had never been to a "rave" (I like to use the term party now because of the negative connotation with the word rave) before. We were going to go sober as I thought that if they enjoyed themselves NOT being on drugs then they could decide later on if they wanted to use them at furure parties. They had a hell of a time. As most people they were scred of the danger element (I owe the club stabbings, and gunfires for this). The security was utterly amazing. I'm not sure if anybody was caught with anything, but I've never had to take my shoes off before. I felt completely safe. So did the newbies. The people were extremely welcoming, friendly and true promoters of PLUR. I would also like to take the time to thank this guy, (he was oriental, with a white wife beater...) anyway he gave me the most spectacular head massage! I can't wait for the next hullabaloo. XTC FREAK RULES!!!
Frolic thank you for everything.
You are an amazing human being and if you ever forget that e-mail me and I'll tell you.
j.lepage@gurlmail.com
lots of love,
Jess
Old April 20th, 2000, 08:04 PM   #86
Jess
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Jess
Well, I figure it's better late than never to tell you how much I appreciated Group Hug. I was completely disappointed when I found out Through the Looking Glass had been cancelled as I was bringing two friends who had never been to a "rave" (I like to use the term party now because of the negative connotation with the word rave) before. We were going to go sober as I thought that if they enjoyed themselves NOT being on drugs then they could decide later on if they wanted to use them at furure parties. They had a hell of a time. As most people they were scred of the danger element (I owe the club stabbings, and gunfires for this). The security was utterly amazing. I'm not sure if anybody was caught with anything, but I've never had to take my shoes off before. I felt completely safe. So did the newbies. The people were extremely welcoming, friendly and true promoters of PLUR. I would also like to take the time to thank this guy, (he was oriental, with a white wife beater...) anyway he gave me the most spectacular head massage! I can't wait for the next hullabaloo. XTC FREAK RULES!!!
Frolic thank you for everything.
You are an amazing human being and if you ever forget that e-mail me and I'll tell you.
j.lepage@gurlmail.com
lots of love,
Jess
"laugh so hard it hurts, love like you've never been hurt, dance like no one is watching"
Old April 20th, 2000, 08:15 PM   #87
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

holy crap! that's the slowest double post i've ever seen!

???????
Old April 20th, 2000, 08:17 PM   #88
Flexxy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Flexxy
ACk!
i wish i was there
Old April 21st, 2000, 12:35 AM   #89
Junglist MassiF
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Junglist MassiF
Thumbs up

This is the best thread!!
just wanted you to know

long live *Group HUG*

Derrick
Old April 21st, 2000, 04:39 AM   #90
Mercury

Send a message via ICQ to Mercury
Unhappy

Will, good call on the double post. lol

I'm really glad to hear that it turned out way it did. I'm just sorry that I didn't make it out.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to what I was doing......(still) kicking myself.

Mercury
Old April 21st, 2000, 05:09 PM   #91
Lace
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Lace
Cool

I'll keep this short-you've all gotten the picture about what an amazing night Group Hug was! I am so glad us all D-town kids pulled together and decided to drive to TO despite the bad news! Liz, Katie, Mattie--I love you guys!

Thank you, Anabolic, for making this night one I will never forget! You helped bring us all together to share in what we all love best-music, friends and fun This weekend was not only a break for us all before finals at school, but it was a chance for so many people to bond that didn't really know each other before. Anabolic, you have no idea how much you and your music means to us all...thank you for being such a great guy!!!
(Oh, and for allowing us to have our picture taken with you..hehe!)

Dave and Leslie-so glad we got to hang out with you! It was so fun dancing booty and chillin' with ya all night! You need to come to the ghetto and party

To the D-town posse: did ya all hear MC E by Gum give us a shout out? Hehe-I was being a cheeseball and wrote him a note from all of us We need to show Detroit what it means to party TO style! Ando-great to finally meet you! Aaron, Marcos, and Jefferson-hanging out in the hotel after the party was so great!!!

To everyone else I met: This party was so great because everyone was so happy and the "vibe" (sorry about the term) was the best I've ever felt! Dave's previous post says it all, I think! *hugs* to everyone!!!

Here's a picture with some of us kids with Chris. This was one of the happiest nights of my life! Thanks everyone and see you all in June!!!! Happy Hullabaloo!!!

[img]www.angelfire.com/on3/LesslynsLair/anabolicfriends.jpg[img]
From left to right: Dave,Lace,Anabolic,Leslie,Katie

Old April 21st, 2000, 05:58 PM   #92
bucky
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to bucky Send a message via AIM to bucky

pictures! any pictures? and come on, noone had a minidisc recorder to bootleg sets?

this thread is one that should be saved and stored in the archives.
Old April 21st, 2000, 07:25 PM   #93
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal

we all knew phil had it in him
Old April 21st, 2000, 07:49 PM   #94
~Lesslyn~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~Lesslyn~ Send a message via MSN to ~Lesslyn~
Well, i should have some pictures on my page within the next 24 hours....the url is www.angelfire.com/on2/LesslynsLair
go in the rave part and then you will see Group Hug!
Here is the picture Lace was trying to post! hehe...

Dave (spikyjunglechild), Lace, Anabolic, Leslie (me!) and Katie

~leslie~
Old April 22nd, 2000, 02:20 AM   #95
Junglist MassiF
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Junglist MassiF
Thumbs up

YAY!!! pictures!!! keep 'em coming!!!

Derrick
Old April 22nd, 2000, 03:09 AM   #96
Dr Trance
Hullaboarder

Unfortunately, I had to leave before the actual group hug took place, but I've heard about what happened at the end of the party from a lot of people, and I'll tell ya this: I've been in the scene since almost the beginning, and have seen that sort of thing happen only once before-at the Atlantis "Return To The Deep" final party. Congrats to everyone there: you have succeded in creating a very rare moment that is the penultimate true meaning of what raving is all about. But that's what Hulla parties have always meant, anyway. It's a crying shame that this group should be the one to suffer for the sins that have crept into our scene. However, the vibe that surrounds Hullabaloo may also very well be what asves it (and the scene) in the end. There are a lot of very dedicated people working very hard to keep it alive. All of our positive energy and support directed toward them will help more than you know.
Old April 22nd, 2000, 02:29 PM   #97
Naphta
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Naphta
Smile

THE VIBE HAS VEREE LITTLE TO DO W/ THE DJ'S
THE PEOPLE WHO WERE AT GROUP HUG, WERE THERE TO XPRESS THE HAPPINESS THEY SHARE WITH ONE ANOTHER, IT WAS A GREAT EVENT, BUT MY VIEWS AND OPINIONS WILL NOT CHANGE TOWARDS CERTAIN PEOPLE IN THE SCENE...ALTHOUGH IT HAS REKINDLE SUM FAITH IN WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO CONTINUE TO PARTY HARD, AND WHO WERE At THIS EVENT SHOUTS OUT AND MAXIMUM RESPECT.
UNTIL SOUNDS OF MADNESS
-PEACE-
~ ~
Old April 23rd, 2000, 12:28 AM   #98
Digital_BluE
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Digital_BluE
Cool

Once again I'd like to say I had a wicked time at this event! I have a massive amount of picture from this party! Only about one fouth of them are on the net, but you can check those out at:
http://www.geocities.com/LooK_2K/grouphug.htm

I have many more pictures to be uploaded soon so keep checking back if you want to see more.

PLUR
Trevor
Old April 23rd, 2000, 01:12 AM   #99
PsYcHaDeLiX
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to PsYcHaDeLiX
Smile

What can I say, this was a party I'll never 4get. The place was vibbin especially towards the end when just about everyone formed a masiff hug =) It was soo nice to c a bunch of us who r keepin the scene together, party hard till the early morn. Everyone I met was just a sweetie!!! Thanx to everyone who made this possible, it was one of the bestest nites ever!!!!!
plur
PsYcHaDeLiX
Old April 23rd, 2000, 01:31 AM   #100
cuggE
Hullanewbie

this is the first time i have ever truley regretted not going to a party

looks like i missed a damn good thing