User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:19 PM   #76
orbz
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to orbz
Best and most up to date information I've found on ecstasy and ecstasy research: http://thedea.org/

read the "Quick Links" at the top... totally rips apart the evidence commonly used to support the notion of MDMA as a neurotoxin
Old November 15th, 2004, 12:38 AM   #77
skunkdiggity
Hullaboarder

Photos: 4  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via AIM to skunkdiggity
What's with the high number of people going to the ER for weed? What, did they cough too hard and choke to death?
Old November 21st, 2004, 08:45 PM   #78
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Photos: 1  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 1 View Users Journal
^^ I think some people get worried and rush their friends to the ER after fainting(probably smoking too much)....
astralkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2004, 09:10 PM   #79
orbz
Hullaboarder

^ on account of anti-drug propaganda scaring their asses off about drugs, then they rush to the ER, its used to provide more bullshit stats to pump out more bullshit propaganda
orbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 12:09 AM   #80
Jeffie Freedom
Hullaboarder

From the artical: "Animal research from the U.S. has shown that one 10-mg dose in rats can decrease serotonin levels for up to two weeks."

Wow . . the weight of a rat used in research is ( according to the university of Iowa http://research.uiowa.edu/animal/?get=rat ) 450 to 800 grams for a male and 250 to 400 grams for a female. Now we don't know whether they are using male rats or females so to maintain our scientific integrity we'll have to assume that they are using male rats of the largest kind. I should also point out that they do not feed rats tiny pills of ecstasy, they inject them. Which means that the drugs hits their brains harder and quicker than with the slow absorption provided by ingestion.

An average boi weighs 150 pounds, that converts to 68.025 kilograms. The average amount of MDMA found in a pill of ecstasy is 120 milligrams (and I'm being very generous).

So the rat in the article gets 'just' 10 milligrams of MDMA . . that would be 0.00125% of its body weight. 0.00125% of an average boi's body weight is 850.3125 milligrams. That's 7 doses of ecstasy . 7 doses of ecstasy, injected at one time, into a rat which suffered relatively minor serotonin depletion and recovered, in about two weeks. Making MDMA about as safe as . . . Tylenol.
-Taking 7 times the recommended dose of Tylenol can do damage to your liver which will last longer than two weeks. "a single dose of 7 to 10 grams of acetaminophen (14 to 20 extra-strength tablets) can cause liver injury in the average healthy adult." http://www.medicinenet.com/tylenol_...age/article.htm
BTW if they were using female rats of the largest kind the dose would be equivalent to 11 pills and that's if we assume that they are using rats of the largest kind (the smaller the rat the higher the number of pills).

I have to say at this point in time, that i am completely ambivalent about whether people use ecstasy . . but i am a student of biology and i thought i would point this out. I will leave my calculations at the bottom for anyone who would like to see where the numbers come from.

weight of the rat in mg: 800g x 1000 = 800,000mg
percent of the rats bodyweight: 10mg / 800,000mg x 100% = 0.00125%.
0.00125% of a male human's body weight: 68.025 x 0.00125% = 0.000850312kg 850.3125mg
0.000850312kg x 1000 x 1000 = 850.3125mg
doses of ecstasy: 850.3125mg / 120mg = 7
damaging dose of Tylenol: 2 extra strength x 7 = 14
Jeffie Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 06:23 PM   #81
orbz
Hullaboarder

taking 7 times the recommended dose of tylenol is one thing

INJECTING 7 times the dose is quite something else entirely

oral ingestion typically takes much much much more of a chemical to have the same effects
Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:30 PM   #82
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkdiggity
What's with the high number of people going to the ER for weed? What, did they cough too hard and choke to death?

there are a number of people that are allergic to weed. I'm sure there are asthma attacks associated with smoking weed... there are quite a few reasons people could need medical attention after smoking weed.
CandyGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2004, 08:43 PM   #83
orbz
Hullaboarder

^^ actually, given that its a bronchiodilater, thc has actually been shown to be beneficial for asthmatics... its kind of counterintuitive but it seems to work. but if you have lung problems its probably best not to play around. or buy a vaporizer instead
Old November 23rd, 2004, 01:33 AM   #84
Jeffie Freedom
Hullaboarder

something else i feel responsible to add followng my last post: Although MDMA does not appear to be an especially harmfull or dangerous drug, amphetamine/methamphetamine (AKA speed/crystal) is and IMO almost all the pills you will ever buy are cut with it .

Last edited by Jeffie Freedom : November 23rd, 2004 at 01:39 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 02:58 AM   #85
orbz
Hullaboarder

unfortunately
Old November 23rd, 2004, 04:36 AM   #86
pure_mdml
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to pure_mdml
I understand the concern that people have about drugs. in some cases it's true there can be problems. Unforunately the way you go about informing people with false and questionable information does nothing but take away from the credibility that people see in you. It's not gonna work unless you stop bullshitting. (I don't know who i'm talking to specifically)

Last edited by pure_mdml : November 23rd, 2004 at 04:38 AM. Reason: gramma erra
pure_mdml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2004, 11:30 AM   #87
CandyGirl23
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to CandyGirl23 Send a message via MSN to CandyGirl23
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbz
^^ actually, given that its a bronchiodilater, thc has actually been shown to be beneficial for asthmatics... its kind of counterintuitive but it seems to work. but if you have lung problems its probably best not to play around. or buy a vaporizer instead

i'm pretty sure its a bronchiodilator when ingested (like caffeine). anything with smoke is pretty bad for people with lung problems. I just wanted to prove to the person who seemed to think weed couldn't cause a hospitalization that there were a few quite serious reasons that it could. I have friends whose throats close up if they smoke/eat weed because they're that allergic to it.

no drug is 100% safe, and i don't think there is enough study on the long-term effects of ecstacy usage. But unfortunately nearly everyone who has 'recreationally' used e, also uses other drugs making many studies impossible because of too many confounding factors.
CandyGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 11:40 AM   #88
HuMbLeBuMbLe
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to HuMbLeBuMbLe Send a message via Yahoo to HuMbLeBuMbLe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffie Freedom
something else i feel responsible to add followng my last post: Although MDMA does not appear to be an especially harmfull or dangerous drug, amphetamine/methamphetamine (AKA speed/crystal) is and IMO almost all the pills you will ever buy are cut with it .

exactly.
HuMbLeBuMbLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #89
Glyce
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 8 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Glyce Send a message via MSN to Glyce
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThumpersGirl
A lot of parents are always worried about drugs and raves curupting their children and nieghbourhood, but people only focus on the negitive.
If there is only o.d's and muders put in papers what are people to think? (Which both of those things could happen any where, right?)
Maybe if there was media coverage on the great music at raves,all the fun and friends that you make there; us ravers wouldn't be looked down upon so much?!?!?!?!
Hulla's to me always seem like a great big cartoon filled with friends and smiles.

I agree. All those people are just too close-minded and only see what's handed to them on a silver platter. No one actually asks us what we have to say. Or the person who got sent to the hospital. They just say that's what happened and some guys tested some stuff on some rats. They don't even give proof that the sources are legitimate. Really freakin' silly when it comes right down to it.
Glyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2004, 06:53 PM   #90
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
whats ecstasy?
Old December 14th, 2004, 06:58 PM   #91
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
*shrugs*

must be one of those new fangled gizmos...

Last edited by peachfuzz : December 14th, 2004 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typo
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #92
upinflames1234
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 2 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to upinflames1234
... NOOO its not a gizmo... its a street gang... DUH!
Old December 19th, 2004, 08:56 PM   #93
Jeffie Freedom
Hullaboarder

there was a great special on ABC called "ecstasy rising" with Peter Jennings is was probably the most impartial look at ecstasy i have ever seen on T.V. . . quite suprising for American prime time T.V. i have it on avi i could soulseek it to anyone interested in seeing it . . it's quite good .
Old December 19th, 2004, 09:14 PM   #94
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Me lose brain, thats unpossible!
Old December 19th, 2004, 09:43 PM   #95
peachfuzz
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to peachfuzz Send a message via Yahoo to peachfuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffie Freedom
there was a great special on ABC called "ecstasy rising" with Peter Jennings is was probably the most impartial look at ecstasy i have ever seen on T.V. . . quite suprising for American prime time T.V. i have it on avi i could soulseek it to anyone interested in seeing it . . it's quite good .

i've been wanting to see that ever since i first saw the preview for it march '03. unfortunately, i wasn't home the night it aired, and they haven't replayed it since. would love to get that from you if possible, but i don't have soulseek.. how about sending over aim?

i've read articles about the show, and apparently parents actually made their kids leave the room because they thought it was making it sound too "inviting", whereas they were just being completely objective.
peachfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2004, 03:16 AM   #96
Jeffie Freedom
Hullaboarder

it is the most objective thing i have ever seen on MDMA and i think it's credibility is through the roof . . they interview scientists and everything . . i'll gladly share this file with who ever would like to see it . . i'll send u a pm and we'll sort some sort of transfer out
Old December 21st, 2004, 04:04 AM   #97
Sim
Hullaboarder

click here to watch it.

the video link is tricky. there are ads of random lengths at the beginning of the clip. you gotta skip it to around 45 minutes BEFORE the end.

there ya go

Last edited by Sim : December 21st, 2004 at 04:07 AM.
Sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:37 PM   #98
astralkid
Hullaboarder

Man, those people made it sound like taking E was like having a religious experience or something...
Old December 24th, 2004, 12:26 AM   #99
RaverJilly
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to RaverJilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralkid
Yeah, thats what I thought...

And for all you kiddies, u need to be taking 5-HTP at least a week before getting etarded to build more sornontin so u get even more eratarded when u dose , although there is no prove that it actually help does this

where do i get some?

"You're the one for me!"

You make me wanna HulLA LA in the kitchen on the floor..

.··..··.
`·.,.·
RaverJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #100
Jeffie Freedom
Hullaboarder

Hoopers pharmacy has the best product i know of it's called Tryphonia and it's made by AOR. There are several 5-HTP products on the market but if you read the contents of what's in each capsule , some of them (in spite of having very large gel cap sizes) contain less than 5% 5-HTP . Tryphonia contains 99% 5-HTP.

Another thing i will warn you about: When i first started using 5-HTP in conjuction with ecstasy, I couldn't really tell whether they were having any effect, so one night i ate about 14 of them and a pill just to see if anything new would happen ( i had also been eating them in regular doses about every other day for a few weeks). I think i almost died in the most amazing way. My whole body felt like it was undergoing wave after wave of orgasm like convulsions and i was quite litteraly incapacitated. I also, in spite of the excruciating pleasure i was feeling, felt i was quite close to death. I have talked with a pharmasist at Hoopers who told me about something called "Serotonin Syndrome". It's a condition in which your brain releases so much serotonin, you die. Apparently under normal circumstanses this can't happen but with certain combinations of drugs, MAOI's and SSRI's or even MAOI's and MDMA for instance, this can occur. 5-HTP is not an MAOI, but i believe this is what happened. I do not think it was the pill because i had aquired three of the same ones together and i had eaten two of them the week before and did not even find them especially stong. Anyone reading this who is thinking that taking 14 5-HTP's was not a particularly segacious thing to do, understand that at the time i was near convinced they had no effect at all. I write this as an attempt at harm reduction - Play Safe

Last edited by Jeffie Freedom : December 24th, 2004 at 02:46 PM.