The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Field of Dreams
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old May 13th, 2002, 12:31 AM   #26
o0oONE LOVEo0o
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to o0oONE LOVEo0o
Wooo Hooo!!!
What a fun time...I got in about 12...met sooooo many fun people!!!
All the sets that I heard were great but throughout Forces set I had pure chills up and down my spine!!!! Soooooooo gooood

Asian Pride Crew - especially Andy Pandy cuz he's the bestest & such a sweetie at heart
*muAh* ASIAN PRIDE yo!! LOL
Beck&Luke - dance puppets, dance!!! mUaHAHhahAHhaHAha
Mark - I want my boobies back!!
Adrian, Stephen&Shannon - It's the cutie crew...lol... *muAh*
ummmmm....shawn, bruce, jeffrey, ron, mike, matt(?KarmicKande?), sonya, ahhhhh soooo many people...sucks to bad memory!! Sucks to martin not being able to come well remember to smile cuz smiling is the best part of any day!!! *muAh*

SaNj
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old May 13th, 2002, 12:35 AM   #27
mirahonthawall
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mirahonthawall Send a message via MSN to mirahonthawall
^ ^ ^
Asian Pride Yo!

mirah
Old May 13th, 2002, 12:47 AM   #28
DirectDrive
Hullaboarder

Oh my.

Once again words cannot describe the feeling I experienced at this party. It was truly indescribable.
I think the best review I could write would just be a list of all my memorable moments, which is incomplete but it's what I've come up with so far.

Enjoy... and I hope that some of these memories will trigger memories of your own.

What a night.

Carl's Memorable Moments (in almost chronological order):
-----------------------------

- Sketchy D's halfhearted but still enjoyable and fun turnout ...and calling all the Timeshift kids Twinkees .... "I'M a Twinkee? Look at you!"
- The two Fiction girls on the streetcar plugging their store to a bunch of kandy kids going to a Hulla hehehe
- Party lineups!! So much fun I forgot about the rain!
- Jesse giving Silver1 some candy at the ticket window
- The security guard wondering what the hell my Neon Ice-Cream Light was, why it was attached to me, and trying to find a secret trap door on it where I could hide drugs hehehehe
- Coming into the party at around 10:10 or so and hearing my favorite freeform song The Bastard....I don't think I spent more than 30 seconds inside before I started dancing.
- Talking and being with everyone at the very front at the stage. ...And finally meeting all you hullaboarders!!
- My ecstatic feeling when I find out Sparkles sold my cherished Life Savers (which I couldn't find at an actual candy store in the afternoon!)
- Dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing, dancing. And more dancing.
- Hearing favorite track after favorite track after favorite track....
- Holding a balloon shutup its fun
- Blowing at the bubbles that kandeegirl2 was making with the bubble gun
- "I Can't Stop Raving." Thank you for playing this.
- Big giant group hugs!!
- Bouncing to hardcore while in big giant group hugs!
- Singing along to "I'm a raver not a crazy drug addict" with a big circle of friends....and realizing the truth in the lyrics.
- Singing along with 500 people to Eyeopener What an uplifting experience.
- Giving huge hugs to everyone I knew and huge smiles to everyone I didn't, and receiving the same.
- Doublespeed techstepping even though my feet, back, legs, and general body were aching in pain
- Swapping bracelets and people's overjoyed faces when I let them choose whatever bracelet they wanted
- Slow taichi-like liquiding to Chronic's trance set
- Waving my fingers in the blue spotlight and making shadows and shadow puppets on the wall
- Talking home-studio music production with J-Karlos upstairs
- The short haggling session with the bartender over buying an entire 2L bottle of orange juice
- Mirah. Just......Mirah.
- Someone had a limo out front hahaha while everyone is freezing their ass off
Old May 13th, 2002, 12:50 AM   #29
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
Quote:
Originally posted by mrmagoo
Hey Match, what the hell kinda pen did you use? An entire night of dancing and sweating didnt make it come of, it didnt come off in the shower today. Grr, I have been tatooed by Match!!!!

hehe, glad you had a good time dude.

~Jesse~

yah match!!! shit don;t come off what do i have to use bleach or sumthin!!!!

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old May 13th, 2002, 12:50 AM   #30
Craze Tantra
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Craze Tantra
Getting Down And dirty

The party was great . 1st time ive been to the opra house .not bad but kind of small.

this time i brought some new people who never went to a rave so i thought this would be a great place to start. They had a good time . at first they stuck to me like glue then aftr frolic came on they just drift away dong there own thing.

for me i had a great time . with my friedns doing there own thing it felt i went there by myself. AND it felt great ! the onyl draw back was that at times i should be drinking water but was way into the music.
oh wow the heat didnt make things better ether. it was hot!
thts one thing i like about the docks. it had more space thus more air.

with the drive from Rochester NY i lost interst of hulla but when frolic came on it got me thiking why i came here. its to hav fun and let loose.

Oh yeah and i did so. i have to say sorry for the people who got stemped on . My bad !

I also like to say thanks to that littlelady who help me out. Ur the one that got me up dancing again. And for real u didnt have to fan me down with ur big bear. Like i said it would take a bigger fan to cool m off.

WOw who was the last DJ that played round 5 ? he was awsome . felt the beat and the bass line that made me shiver.
other then that it was another great party like always!

the ride home was a bitch tho. are cart died right after we left TO Around 7 am the thing kept on over heating. But i told my friend maybe this was for the good because he knows and i know that we couldnt drive home . No way, we couldnt even keep are eyes open when eating are hash browns at the big M .

So we called the tow truck who drove us back to the states. and that cost $$ but hey at least we didnt crash the junker !

Aight peace outz had a great time and ill do it again !
again again!
Old May 13th, 2002, 12:53 AM   #31
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
^ ^ ^ Touching! hehe

I finally got to give Silver 1 his Ring Pop, I am so cool. hehehe

<--- Big Geek

~Jesse~
Old May 13th, 2002, 12:56 AM   #32
mirahonthawall
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mirahonthawall Send a message via MSN to mirahonthawall
Quote:
Originally posted by DirectDrive

- Mirah. Just......Mirah.

^ ^
aw, thanks, you're so sweet.

Craze Tantra...I believe it was subsonic chronic on at 5...but he wasn't the last, silver1 was the last. =)

mirah
Old May 13th, 2002, 12:56 AM   #33
Craze Tantra
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to Craze Tantra
Quote:
Originally posted by mirahonthawall
^ ^ ^
Asian Pride Yo!

mirah

I hear you ASIAN PRIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 13th, 2002, 01:00 AM   #34
mirahonthawall
Hullaboarder

lol...no no...it's asian pride YO....can't forget the 'yo'. =)

annnywho...back on topic here...uhm, wait, i already posted my review...i should...go....now...ah!

mirah
Old May 13th, 2002, 01:02 AM   #35
Race 2 Da Beat
Hullaboarder

Photos: 3  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Race 2 Da Beat
OOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

So my night was amazing before Hulla even started! I met Gavin Rossdale (lead singer of Bush, I have been obsessed with them since I was 12) and I got his autograph! YEAH KEL!

I got to Hulla just as Frisky was on (I was so worried I was gunna miss his set, but I got there about 12:15)

MrMagoo: I love you Silly Goose
Keith: You are pretty fly for a blind guy
James: you horney lil bugger!
MCED:SPeaking of horny lil buggers... by the way, you are hella cool and thanks again for the ride
Stu: Oh my god!You were quite possible the hottest guy there that night! Remember what I told you about that? (THINK HARD!) and you are an awesome dancer and give awesome light shows and you better call me!
Carl: I hope you felt better, it was amazing to meet you... stay in touch baby!
Jay: It was sooooooo nice to finally meet you and one day, I will make sure you love vaginas!
Scott: I work with you all the time, so I will let you know when I see ya next. other than that, you are cool in my books
ET: I am so glad you had fun at your first rave and you are such a sweeite! I'll buy you your own pacifire next time ok hun?
Skit: I love that Tunge ring! I am sooo sorry about your pants... I will finish them ASAP
Matty: Your signature is false advertisement, or so you told me.... I guess I'll have to see it for myself one day
Amirah: You were one of the coolest people I met... I will definately stay in touch
JERZEE & NY CREW: You guys rocked! Come back soon! It was so nice meeting all of you
J-Karlos: I hope you whored it up and had fun... smile baby!
Mouse: Always a pleasure baby! ALWAYS!

To everyone and anyone else I met last night, you are all awesome and amazing people. You guys are the reason why these parties are so much fun!

Love
Kelly
Old May 13th, 2002, 01:26 AM   #36
d-MiNuS
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to d-MiNuS
Talking WiKKeD!

Great Party!

Soo Much Fun!

Everyone seemed to be having a good time

I met alot of new people and saw alot of old faces

The music was wikked from begining to end

All the dj's I heard RoCKeD!

Can't wait for the next one!! :P

*d-MinuS*

Old May 13th, 2002, 01:56 AM   #37
GILLYBEAR:)
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to GILLYBEAR:)
well i haven't been to a hulla for a very long time but i have to say i had a great time meeting people at the etons center (scary at the end) but hey i had fun.
met sum amazing people and if you remember me ADD ME TO YOUR ICQ OR E-MAIL ME!
all the great friends i went with and met up with there
your all amazing and TO MAH BIG BRO SUBSONIC I LUV YOU BRO YOUR THE BEST AND IT WAS GREAT SEEING YOU AGAIN!
i danced my ass off with this one guy who i met there DAME HE CAN DANCE!
we had fun together.
and well it was a great nigth and i hope to see you all very soon.
and to the people i met at the etons center *HUMPZ U ALL*
you guyz are all great.
if you met me at the etons center i was wearing a dark blue ecko hoddie with a blur skirt.and at the party blue and grey short sleved shirt with mah blue skirt and marthas sexc hat after a while.
GILLYBEAR!!!! IS MAH NAME! betta remember dat..(it's like Jillybear but with a G)
luv ya all
and to my friends who saved me and helped me out (jeff,martha,sabrina,santa and sunshine)
thanks guyz i will not for get that (jeff you will get yoru money back i will send it to you)

oh ya n' to the guy in 19+ who told me not to run down the stairs well thanx b/c well now i have a brose!!!!!!
GGGGGGRRRR i shood have listened.

ps-elixer great set buddy and i heard your cd it's great luv.
*MWAH*

Last edited by GILLYBEAR:) : May 13th, 2002 at 02:08 AM.
Old May 13th, 2002, 03:37 AM   #38
BeBe
Hullaboarder

Yes yes yes. Another Hulla come and gone. Here are my thoughts.

Sets:

elixir - tried to make it for your whole set but got lost at the Queen st. closing. What I heard was enjoyable... a good set to start off my night. Walked around a lot. Didn't dance. Needed beer.

frisky - some good tracks I hadn't heard before. Always impressed with your skills on the decks. Got me pumped for all the hhc goodness to come.

marcus - wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. A nice meal for my recent hunger for jungle. After wandering around at 1am looking for hullaboard people in the upstairs area, went downstairs for a nice stretch of dancing. Needed it. Very much. Thank you for that.

frolic - this was my favourite set of the night. Danced my ass off. Time went by far too quickly. Unfortuntely tired myself out to the point of not having any more energy for Force's set. Just went with it though, felt good. Loved your speech at the end. I was expecting you to say something long and rehearsed, but instead you said all that needed to be said in one short sentence.

force - Great set. I wish I had more energy for it and that I didn't have a pounding headache. Made it through, though... I just held on to the railing upstairs for dear life and closed my eyes, savouring the moment. It was spiritual to say the least.

People...

- dani: yer one of a kind. I'll turn you into a raver yet. first, work on your spatial skills a little. Loved your balloon mistletoe bit. It'll work someday
- J-Karlos: we must hang out again sometime. I only really talked (i.e. yelled over the music) with you for like, 10 mins. ICQ me. We will chat.
- everybodies_daddy: I've already said this, c-u-t-e. Sorry about your car. I'm sure we will meet again.
- brite: I'm so glad I recognized you from your pictures. Saved me from further making an ass of myself, searching 19+ for hulla board people. You seem very sweet. Again, I'm sure I'll see you sometime.
- soju: a surprise to finally meet you. I will tell Pauly that i did. Then he will deny he has ever even been to one of those "rave parties", because Jesus wouldn't approve of it (just kidding paul).

All in all, I had an excellent time at this party. Even though it was too hot and I found the security to be rude, it didn't ruin things for me. I got my pokey taken away and forgot to pick it up. Damn.

Kudos on another successful night. I look forward to the next.

mandy
Old May 13th, 2002, 04:04 AM   #39
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Ok ive had enough time to rest so here's my review.

The night started off with a big dissapointed.
I'm standing in line and see a sign saying Styles didn't make it (big surprise....*cough*).
But I was already there...so I had no intention of leaving. Afterall, how much of a differance was this really going to make?
Anyways I got inside...heard the last 2 minutes of Hujib's set...so I cannot really comment on that.
Elixir...it probably was a good set but I was too distracted to really pay attention to the music.
Frisky...good set chris! I'm glad you were able to give Heaven a proper introduction to the hardcore collective. 19+ at a big bud just didn't quite give you the reaction it deserves. It was great to actually talk to you in person for a change...and thanks for playing "all i want".
Marcus...jungle is not my thing. But for whatever reason i really enjoyed this set. I missed some of it because I was one of the 5 or so people who went to that 19+ net meet...so I was a lil distracted. It was good to hear shake it tho...its a damn good track.
Frolic...lots of newer stuff...got me moving...enjoyable nonetheless.
Force & Force.....again a good set. Newer stuff mixed in with the well known anthems. Pretty much the same set from groove is in the heart and funtopia 3 tho. But still...it was hulla so its expected to hear those tracks.
I left about 15 minutes into Dminus' set. Although i'm sure it was full of cheesy goodness.

Some memorable moments...
-seeing tara drink a bottle of wine in 2 minutes...
-tara running around 19+ asking random groups of people "is this the hullabaloo-raves.com net meet" lol
-finding the net meet and realizing only 5 people showed up
-meeting random hullaboarders: laughtrax....j-karlos...ummm i think thats it lol
-brandie being so drunk she couldn't even stand up
-seeing SCOOT's gf michelle singing along to eye opener
-getting into the "heart of gold" moment then some chick screaming out "look out im gonna puke"
-"oh my god....ive never heard this song before...i'm so happy they played it...three times"
-"holy fuck i gotta get a picture of that"
-"YOU!"

So yeah....overall a good party. Probably the best opera house hulla with the exception of the first group hug.

Last edited by supaster : May 13th, 2002 at 04:07 AM.
Old May 13th, 2002, 01:35 PM   #40
airbag
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to airbag
Wow. That was definitely an incredible experience.
I wasnt feeling the music too much, not even Don Marcus' set but that didnt keep me from shaking my ass that was adorned by brand new baby blue fun fur pants that futwurKk made for me, as well as entertaining myself with some liquid arm twisting styles. HHC is soo easy to dance to! Even easier than house.
The vibe was a blast! Smiling faces on both people and some 10,000 baloons that were floating all over the place.

I was mostly hanging out with my own crew but i somehow managed to run into a few fellow hullaboarders:

brite - yay! i finally met my female counterpart! Didnt get a chance to chat thou..
direct drive - howisya bro? been nice meeting you!
sketchlobster - you definitely deserve sketch in your nickname. Hope you enjoyed the lil massage.
mced - you are short!! lol
mauwiebooty(sp?) - you are gorgeous!

-----

I only have a bunch of shitty pix. Didnt want to spend the entire night taking pictures like I always end up doing so I said fuck it and put the camera back into my bag

Old May 13th, 2002, 01:37 PM   #41
airbag
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to airbag

Old May 13th, 2002, 01:38 PM   #42
monstercan-D
Hullaboarder

Whoa...
I thought that I would hide upstair a lot more, but I couldn't resist the urge to stay in the middle of the action! The music was top-notch all night and so were the people!

Met/ran in to/recognized:Geriatric raver girl + husband, Karmickande, Evil Smurfette, Gothic Pluto, kandeegirl2 'n' the jerzee cru, sublime (bad luck at the border, buddy )

It was a peasure to come through the doors to trance. That way I got 'prepped' for the high-speed sonic assault to follow. The one set that stuck out in my mind was Marcus' jungle set. It was a pleasure to actually dance to jungle not surrounded by thugs, just a happy vibe all around.

I'm kicking myself for not sticking around for Silver1 to play Shooting Star, but singing along to Eyeopener was magical.

I was going to pass this up, but I thank my brother-in-law Shane for urging me to come out.

Happy Huggabaloo!

^^^^If I say that too much the Hullalawyers will get me for copyright infringement!
Old May 13th, 2002, 02:07 PM   #43
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
I also met a dominatrix candy raver.

Seriously.

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old May 13th, 2002, 03:00 PM   #44
Moez
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Moez
Re: Getting Down And dirty

Quote:
Originally posted by Craze Tantra

WOw who was the last DJ that played round 5 ? he was awsome . felt the beat and the bass line that made me shiver.
other then that it was another great party like always!

if it sounded like hard house/goa that was Subsonic Chronic, if it was Happy Hardcore it was Silver1.

both played excellent sets
Old May 13th, 2002, 03:03 PM   #45
BeBe
Hullaboarder

supaster: Went to the netmeet. Why did i not meet you. Nametags next time.
Old May 13th, 2002, 03:04 PM   #46
BeBe
Hullaboarder

Does anyone know who the dude on the right is?
Old May 13th, 2002, 03:48 PM   #47
pikid3.14
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to pikid3.14
Talking

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!
field of dreams was my first canadian party, and i havent stopped smileing yet. the vibe was off the hook and everybody their was mad cool and friendly the music was bumping even though im more of a goa kid-it was so worth the 5 hours up and 5 hours back from NY. u should all come down and teach us americans about raveing and being down wit all those around u really really well done.......the whole evening was grand(even after the whole vomiting+emt check over thing: word to the wise dont mix the orange ones wit the green ones ) so let me give mad props to the hulla crew for makeing it happen,double d(sponge bob square pants) amber,mr.dowd,and dj triptye for bringing me,to all the cool people i met(to the super cool grrl wearing the multi colored shirt wit the name tag happy hippie whom i met out side and kept bringing me water+massages and i gave the pink plastic jewel necklace to i forgot ur name,hell by the end of the night i forgot my own name-but if u read this e-mail me pleeze!!)
and all of the lovely people who came!! wit the exception of the dude out side who was slinging bunk sid i want my $20 back!!!!
peace----the infamous 314
Old May 13th, 2002, 03:59 PM   #48
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
Quote:
Originally posted by BeBe
Does anyone know who the dude on the right is?

He lives down the street from me, his name is Jesse.
Old May 13th, 2002, 04:30 PM   #49
shordee
Hullanewbie

I am not at all surprised that Hulla kicked ass.
3 of my five friends who came had never been to a hulla and didnt so much enjoy happy hardcore. They all left with memoris of an amazing party.
THANK YOU!

All sets were wicked! My fav of course was Frolic, you rock. Happy B_day to Robin.
I cant waite for the next Hulla.

Thanks to everyone who mad this part all that it was!

shannon
Old May 13th, 2002, 05:09 PM   #50
Lenor
Hullanewbie

Send a message via AIM to Lenor
Hullu was great! Especially sitting on that black box thing with wheels for 8 HOURS!.. HA HA.. It kept moveing and i kept getting dripped on. ANyways... Next hullu im definitly there!..