Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old August 4th, 2002, 08:25 PM   #1
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
WEMF 2k2 reviews and shoutouts!

I got there about 3 pm on Saturday, found a hole to camp in, and explored. Not only were there super-cheap deals at all the vendors, but there was enough room for a little afternoon frisbee in the main stage area! We loaded up on water, and went in seach of hardcore.

I inadvertantly ran across the hullabanetmeet, and saw some familiar faces, and some new ones. I caught the last hour of Jon the Dentist- aside from really loud ginos yelling "YEEAAAAHHHH JONNY!!!! WOOOOO!!!!" and clapping in my ear, his set was nice and rough. Commander Tom made me bounce like not many white men can. Sick Sick super sick tracks. Frolic rocked the house. Hard. Brisk... mmmmm..... 'nuff said. I'm glad he lost the mullet too. The rest of the hardcore started to grind on me a little... not enough variety... tooo much newschool. I wandered aboot the party a little, watched the light show on the main stage, bought more clothes... and danced danced danced the night away.

Shoutouts...

Quijikid... Wonderful finally meeting you. *mwah*

J-Karlos... Missed ya later on in the am, but it was great bouncing with ya in the early hours.

Temeric... he's the man, the man with the Midas touch... Too much fun bubblin' away, although I haven't been that dizzy in a while.

Direct Drive... you dissappeared too, but you're a riot as always.

Mirahonthewall... my sista I can't resista... glad I could "make your night"

SketchLobster... you came, you watched, you dissappeared. Nice seeing you again, if only for a short while.

Jenn... you and your boi are too cute... great mackin', great vibes... you almost make me want to go to NY to party. Almost.

Mr Magoo... another party, another macarena. Woot!

Frisky, D-Minus... chug a lug, chug a lug, chug a lug...

Gobstoppa... Jam and Spoon, over.

BeBe... *unf unf unf* That is all.

MaTcH... I came, I found, I sold. hehee....

Frolic... Both Mr. and Mrs.... congrats, and good luck! Thanks again for an awesome 1/6th of a party! Probably the only promoter circling amongst the massif. Big ups.

Merry WEMF to all, and to all a good night!

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old August 4th, 2002, 08:34 PM   #2
thumpdaddy!
Hullaboarder

i wish i could of been there

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the agony of being home the weekend of wemf
Old August 4th, 2002, 10:47 PM   #3
MaTcH
Banned

yes has anyone seen my brain, i think its till at wemf, its shapend like a vial and full of plur. muah ha great party and the stars were amazing along with watching the sunrise from the hulla tent and gobstopper was just smokin. and society i caught u spinning and i lubed it to death man, every lil hulla board i could think of was there and i really couldnt think of manmy so i probably seen u and i just like hi and dissappeared. well done bu bye.
Old August 4th, 2002, 11:16 PM   #4
1crazyraver
Banned

All I have to say is CHRIS LIBERATOR RULES
His set was the best I heard all weekend
Old August 4th, 2002, 11:56 PM   #5
airbag
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to airbag
First of all I wish to send a large thank you to the Destiny crew. Great organizational skills and a genuine effort to produce the best party they possibly could should be attributed to them. It was my first wemf and i truly enjoyed every single minute of it.

The highlight of the weekend for me was dj Teebee who played on sat 3-5am at the Syrous stage. It was a phenomenal set that kept me completely enchanted for two hours straight. I did not want to dance or talk to anyone, I just stood there stairing at him in amazement and listening to the most incredible drum and bass set i have heard in my life. I might have enjoyed it so much because there wasnt a single anthem in his selection, no popular poppy drum and bass that you get so used to hear at parties - This unique set consisted of dark and maybe a bit trancy tracks that seemlessly flowed one into another. Deep rolling basses contrasted with high pitch sounds left me utterly speechless and immobile. Judging from the expressions on the faces of fellow dj code, e-riot and dj doublecross, i wasnt the only one who was experiencing those moments.

Another memorable set was spun by Commander Tom on Destiny stage and also maybe John the Dentist right before him. Their sets were comlimented by amazing light and laser show from four 10 meters tall towers surrounding the area.

Aside from that , i had plently of fun spending time with some of my friends and especially with my g/f jazz without whom i definitley wouldnt have enjoyed wemf even nearly as much as i did.

THANK YOU WEMF.
THANK YOU TEEBEE.
THANK YOU JAZZ.

p.s.
I'll post some pictures asap..
Old August 5th, 2002, 12:21 AM   #6
Phorcleigh
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Phorcleigh Send a message via AIM to Phorcleigh
Well just got home basicly 10 hour drive thanks to not getting to lost this time around ummm shout outs to everyone i met awsome time sorry i was so quite i told you guys unlike on these boards im shy in person but to termeric and Psychick you to where wicked kewl termeric we need more floor room to show them canadians how to dance and the food was a life saver and Psychick you just sat down and started talkin like we where life long friends which was wonderful and everyone else vicks kills Karlos keron bebe and and i know there are otheres great time hangin hope to do it again!

**and a special message**
Scottie to hottie so sorry for the random way i ran into you i was a little to partyed up shall we say so im so sorry about that i feel like the biggest ass about that so i hope i can meet you on lets say more level ground LOL! but yeah all in all a great time! got to meet frolic! and vinylegroover! hehehe i asked him to make a special guest apperance at the hulla tent he smiled laughed and said maybe in a couple years !!!! SO GET ON HIM FROLIC! hehehe congrads on the engagement that was the best thing i have ever seen so far and well now im very tired and just over all mind tapped so im out! ****walks to bed and passes out****

Neill
Old August 5th, 2002, 12:52 AM   #7
RoB-B
Hullaboarder

Photos: 2  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to RoB-B
shout out to the brampton crew
funs times
Old August 5th, 2002, 03:28 AM   #8
Brite
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Brite
ahhhhh, inevitable post-3 day bitchiness... like a warm blanket

Well where should I start?!? I could list off the millions and billions of lil hillarious/sketchy/crazy/fun/terrible times.. but I don’t have a week to type them...

f i r s t: the ride up
fabulous, the easiest 3 day trip up ever, no stress great people (adam, nessa, and will) and arrived at a suitable time. Got there to Kellan and the everyone, met up with Fawn and we all set up our tenting village ~let the raving begin~

f r i d a y: craz-y
crack times were had... we were still clean so that was lovely *high fives cotter for our cleanliness* I spent the night with everyone, dancing, laughing, crazy adventures... the music was ok, the people were better.. although there were a few key people missing... the night was definitly the least sketchy of all for everyone... and I went to bed a tad early to rest and make m body not hate me

s a t u r d a y: sketch-Y
lets have a lil talk...Jib? NO!~ pounds of jib? NO NO~! -that is my advice for the few who have enough brain cells to learn-
beach times Saturday afternoon, fab-u-lous... *tips her hat to Shann for bein’ my parnter in crime* the amount of things that went on this day are actually too much to get into, BUT i will say wemf = drugs and as funny as it was at times...people need to stop when they can still function. Josh the Funky 1 - I love you ! but he was showing off and it took away from the set, you may disagree but I’ve seen him numerous times.. and it was a tad hard to dance to... Dj Assult, hillar, simply hillar. this night for me was about wondering... ohh acid craziness.. and i didn’t sleep till well into Sunday, but it was worth it, ohhh the stories I have

Just random listing of people who made my weekend what it was, because they are faboo:
Nessa & Adam - my favorite couple ever
Shann - hiding! acid! fun! my fav of the weekend!
Cotter- yup, you pass...you’re the best
Megan - soooo cute, lovin’
Willy- crazy willy! riddles 4 life
Fawn - never dissapoints "The Legand"
Nick - I’ll save you anytime
cOlin - awwww, hehe, glad things are normal again
Kellan - barf-shirt-bag & walkie talkies, i luv
Sunshine - boOb grab
Heather - I’m glad you came
Michie - so great
Corey - 16!!! heheh, kidding... our talks were good
Jane - t’was a pleasure meeting you
Erynn - sexi as always
probably about a dozen more... and so many more that i met for the first time and loved... forgive me? i’m the most tired
[and I didn’t hang out with some people i REALLY wanted to, :/]
Ama- wasn’t there *tear* but I rolled around for her

all n all - good weekend
UPS and downs but isn’t everything?
next yr, if there is one... hotel styles.. all the way
and some people need to know when the party should stop
Old August 5th, 2002, 01:44 PM   #9
PhatRaver
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to PhatRaver
Talking GLOWRIFFIC!

I definetly liked this event. Chock full of everthing an event should have. Now only if the airline would finally give me my luggage. And mabee reimburse me for the 12 hour cancelation friday. (missed all friday night because of AIR CANADA)

RADIATION
PLUR
RAVING IS NOT A CRIME

Panoramic Pictures of the event will be here soon.
PhatRaver.com
Old August 5th, 2002, 02:11 PM   #10
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
I had a wikkid time at my first WEMF! I didnt arrive until about 6PM Sat. and I partied hard from then until noon the next day. Everywhere I went I found people I knew or I made new friends, fun times for all.

Me and Skit's Silver1 fan club T-Shirts went over well, except for the people who kept asking if we loved Tommy Hilfiger?!?!? The front of the shirt said "I (heart) Tommy". Lots of people got pictures of it so I wanna see em!

Some of my fav. sets of the night were:

Silver1 - You have two whole fans now Tommy! hehe
Brisk - I didnt like the idea of him spinning CD's most the time but then I realized they were all new songs or new remixes and they hadnt been pressed on vinyl yet so it was all good!
Chris Liberator - It was hell bouncing back from Brisk to Liberator but he had some fuckin wikkid Techno goin!
Hujib - Good to finally meet you and all I gotta say is BODY SLAM!!!
Frisky - Awsome set and when I heard you starting to mix in "The Bastard" I nearly creamed myself.
MC Storm - Whenever he was on the mic I was in pure heaven. I finally got to see the man do the scratching noize in real life, thats nutz dude!
Anything in the Psy-Trance tent - My fav. tent for decor and atmosphere. Go Alice In Wonderland!
Dammit so many good things to say I give up!

I have about a thousand shout outs to give and I know Im gonna miss someone so Im just gonna make it simple. To anyone I know who I partied with on the weekend, you rule! Its you guys who made WEMF so much fun for me!

I have a thousand and one stories to tell and Im not gonna bother getting in to it I'm just gonna give a huge shout out to Destiny for putting on an amazing party and I cant wait til next years!

~Jesse~
Old August 5th, 2002, 03:23 PM   #11
babyphat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to babyphat
shoutouts to danielle.. wemf would definately not have been as much fun without her.
Old August 5th, 2002, 04:03 PM   #12
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
Quote:
Originally posted by Phorcleigh
... i told you guys unlike on these boards im shy in person but to termeric and Psychick you to where wicked kewl termeric we need more floor room to show them canadians how to dance and the food was a life saver and Psychick you just sat down and started talkin like we where life long friends which was wonderful

Awww...

It was a pleasure meeting you.

~jENN

I beat the internet....the end guy was hard

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars
Old August 5th, 2002, 04:05 PM   #13
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
well i tried last night around 2 am in the morning to post and i wrote a huge thing with not much to it but my tired ramblings and it didn't work so here i am attempting to do this again..........

i couldn't of asked for a more fulfilling weekend. everything about the party was amazing........from the people i met and bonded with to the ones i casually spoke to.......wow........the music was great............
chris liberator!!!!!!!!!!! fucking sick!!!!!!!! amazing time, great to have been able to see him and talk with him again.......if i didn't i wouldn't of met MAX, badass muthafucker from Ottawa.....him and his crew were some really great peeps.......max i doubt you are on these boards but big love to ya hon!
frolics proposal!!!!!!! wow.......how fucking amazing that was! the vibe in that tent was soooooo fuckin HYPE!!!!!!! MC STORM was the baddest MC i ever had the pleasure of witnessing.......
the water fun area was great.........we spent all morning friday from 6 am til the gates opened roasting our booties off and finally after hours of waiting we went and had a blast in that area.......the water slip slide to the pool was soo fun and then goin down the big ass slide all soaked and boucing all around was just what i needed after being totally hot for hours...........
all the cool vendors and things i bought...........wow what souvenirs..........the hulla crew..........wow..........it was sooo great to see a lot of you and meet soo many of you.......lotsa beautiful people big hugs to magoo, mced, lusciousleah, preskool, directdrive, phorcleigh, twiggy, mauiwowie, vickskills, match, jkarlos, imlookingthroughyourwindow, monstercan, mr.t, moondancer and whoever else i missed..............you guys are great.........i know i only spoke with most of you for a short time but it was really nice to put your online personas to your real life presence.........preskool you are too cute.........

to the destiny crew for throwing an ill party........

to all the people who i missed that might be reading these boards that i wasn't aware of, you know who you are, big hugs

okay that's enuff for now
Old August 5th, 2002, 04:11 PM   #14
ProdigyBoy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ProdigyBoy
OK, glad to hear things sounded to go pretty well and nothing to scarry seems to have happened.
*sigh of relief*

i did want to go but i think the last full party i was at was WEMF last yr *l*. meh, partying 10hrs+ just aint in the cards all the time. sitting down, no music... sometimes its nice. no?
glad you all sounded like you had a good time. what to do with the monday?

Cameron Bay.
Old August 5th, 2002, 04:56 PM   #15
evangelion
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to evangelion
I had the best time in the history of ever!

Hope the American Cheese crew didnt scare you guys tooo much
Old August 5th, 2002, 04:57 PM   #16
Psychick
Hullaboarder

Photos: 5  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Psychick
I LOVED THAT SIGN!!!!!!

~jENN
Old August 5th, 2002, 05:05 PM   #17
termeric
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to termeric Send a message via AIM to termeric
heh, i was camped out right next to the american cheese crew,

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future
Old August 5th, 2002, 05:07 PM   #18
evangelion
Hullaboarder

hahaha thats so awesome! thank you!

maker of the signage,
anna
Old August 5th, 2002, 07:11 PM   #19
breakz_btch
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to breakz_btch
everytime i ran into rob-b and scottee i was on a huge mission to gather up ppl. to goto the hotel and what not.

and everytime i was set out on missions to find rob-b and scottee, i couldn't find them anywhere GRRRRRRRRRR! SO MAD! I even wandered by myself for about 3.5 hours on saturday night wanting to party it up with u boyz!

*jen*
Old August 5th, 2002, 07:39 PM   #20
korrupt
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to korrupt
WEMF was amazing, except for when i fell into a giant hole in the ground, and why are people sleeping in the garbage, the corruption was great and so was the music.

Later
Chris
Old August 6th, 2002, 12:35 AM   #21
J-Karlos
Hullaboarder

Photos: 18  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to J-Karlos
I came up at around 9pm on friday...and as soon as we walked in i was in awe of the destiny stage...it was such a great setup...security was friendly that night...we setup tent and we were on our way to venture into the night...that night i had the pleasure of catching MindField...and it rocked...i danced to his whole set..it was awesome...crashed at like 5:30am till 8am.

Saturday..was all about Josh the Funk1...and the hulla tent...

sunday...was all about wanting a good shower.

shoutouts...not everyone of course...lot of people I missed seeing....but everyone i did ran into was nice to see again...or nice to meet for the first time!

DirectDrive: PPP CREW! fun times! hanging with you on friday night was greattttt! we showed them how to party didn't we?? didn't we! and we had quite the adventure coming home hehe

temeric.... and his crew: Ah! I beat them at UNO! yah thats right you guys failed! in record time too! hehe yah it was great hanging out with u guys during the day and making majic kool aid and pasta with psychick.

BeBe: you're such a sweetheart! we had lots of fun! it was really super nice hanging out with your friends from london...ack and you found a nice sweater for a better price than me! grgrg!

Psychick: you are the coolest ..cause you just are! and plus you have a tatoo of a cat..and i luv cats...and so i luv ya!

MCED: when i saw you show up yoooo i was so happy!!!! partying with you is always fun! bang topaz 4 life!

~QuijiKid~: Cait Cait Cait! i felt bad that you lost your voice...your such a crazzzzzy & cute one!

Keron: Josh Josh Josh! yoooo you caught the cd! wikid times during his set with you keron.

cheesegirl: tasha! i poke you...you poke me...i poked you back...you poked me back ...it was fun in Phlux tent with ya =)

Nubbie: always a pleasure yo! i feel your pain with the no techno tent all weekend =(

Mirah: smiling all weekend when i saw ya! go mirah go!

kandeegirl2: jenn you gave me the biggest hug ever! i almost passed out! great seeing ya again!

Phorcleigh: wish we could have hanged out a bit longer...a little shy but i can work with that! hope to see you again soon!

societies devil: of all places in the Tim Horten's washroom..haha awesome set andrew.

Mr.T: you came and you conquered ha.

SketchLobster: Jay Jay Jay...everytime i saw you...you were zoned out. good to see ya again though.

luscious_leah: great seeing ya! your braided hair looked soooo great!

scottee2hottee: nice to meet ya...josh was wikid!

j-KArlos

Psychick | J-Karlos | Termeric | The Cyber Lepers Of The Future

Last edited by J-Karlos : August 6th, 2002 at 12:37 AM.
Old August 6th, 2002, 01:23 AM   #22
DaNciN PhReAk
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to DaNciN PhReAk Send a message via AIM to DaNciN PhReAk Send a message via Yahoo to DaNciN PhReAk
WELL wut a weekend!!!!!! much FUN was had fo sure!!!!!!!!! waited like 15min for line-up.. NIiCE!!!!! The set up was sOOOooo much better this yr!!!!!

THE BADS!: The HEAT!!!!!! omg thought i was gonna pass out..... i got burnt BAD!!!!!! the COLD @ night.... AHhhhhhhh..haha i jus kept dancin to keep warm.... not loud enuf......!!! and HOLAY sketchers!!!! lol... i saw sum Fuct up shit let me tell ya!!!!! sum of you ppl are fuct up.... you should know when to draw the line thats for sure!

THE PPL!: OMG saw sOooo many ppl i havent seen in ages!!!! It was good to hang out with all ma friends....

ADAM:: AWWwww I miss you sOOooo much!!!!!! I almost cried when i saw you..... Your tha best...CALL ME! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
NESSA!: thanx for helpin out.... your a sweetie.... hope to see ya soon.. and thanx for the keys!
JUNGLIST JAY:: You looked sOOoo dayum good hun..... ive missed ya...! we must chill again soooooon.!
BLAKE:: your one crazy boi!!!! ur cut off from wagons my boi... no more wagon rides and smashing into portapotties for you.. !! hahaha was good ta see you.. ill try and visit soon.
KEITH:: lookin good.! ur the cutest..
FAWN
JANSON
TREVOR
SUNNE
ERYNN!: ur the cutest hun.... miss ya!
MICHIE!: HOT HOT!
NIKKI and SUE!: my skool friends.. was good ta see you two.. ive missed ya..... back to skool soon tho...
BLAKe:! didnt get to hang out with ya much.. bOoooooo..
STEFF:! i can always count on you for Dancin..Whoop....
THOM!: too cute.!
CASSIE and jean
SHon
ma grls KRISTEN and JULIA: thanx for the ride gurls.. ur tha best... mwah
KRIS: so glad u made it....!!! was fun chillin at the beach
MYKAL(mischief) Ma big brutha!! so glad u made it you crazy boi!
CHAD(kamikaze) nice set hun..... Mmmm Mmmmm...
TJ(oystrixxx): aWWww u did a great set.... be proud.... thanx soo much for Guest.. helped us out alot.! luv ya! mwah...
LINDSEY! ur hair is great! too bad u couldnt dance..whAaa stupid ankle!
LINZE! aWWww urt he cutest hun.. was goo to finally actually hang out.. wEEeeee!
PETER
ANDY(Acadian Raver)
JESS(evil jess)
Ma SUdbury CRu: KATHY,MARCIE,WIGGS,JON,and JAY..!! u finally made it to wemf. YAY
MONICA
HOLY
LADY BASS and KEN FINCH! finally saw u wut the last day...haha
TEDDY(dj roxspinz) haha ur the funniest hun.. were u evah DRUNK!! hahah too funny.....
COLIN and NICK
MARTHA
LEN and KASSANDRA
TilsonBurg Cru: Steph and Mikie.... too cute!
EMail SEan.... ur one crazy man..hahahah
PHIL
BETHONY: thanx for the shirt
TOYS
KERON!!!
SARNIA CRU!!!! JOSH,JAMES,JHON,and DARRYN.... you guys are too much..haha i must hang out with you again.!!!! especially ma DArryn.. yummmmmm....hhehee

hah ok ill stop.......if i forgot n e one.. soawey!!! still tryin to collect my marbles.. hahahaha.. cant wait til next yr!!!!!!!!

[]DeacE!:
Old August 6th, 2002, 03:17 AM   #23
eevil_kat
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to eevil_kat
had fun - too hot during the day - too damn cold at night lol - it was nice at the beach on sat - graham gold.. wow.. thats all i have to say.
fun with radios.

shoutouts:
snugz - thanks for the ride it wouldnt have been the same if you werent there.

leah - always awesome

hilary - only you and i seem to understand how good it is to have an ice cold can of coke on a hot summer day :P

ryan - thanks for letting me take that awesome pic of me on your digital camera and not deleting it.

dave - thanks for letting me borrow your radio while me and stacey went back to camp. sorry for not giving it back to you for 3 hours even after i said i'd only be 10 minutes :P

james - you are hilarious on those radios "affirmative - consuming 5 hits of acid over. uhhh the sky is melting over."

stacey - i love you. partner in crime! also so much fun on the radios. and its funny that we were talking to you and didnt know it until later on in the dose tent "OMG youre the acid guy!" so hilarious.

kristina - thanks for doing my hair on saturday morning. it was still rock hard and looking good on sunday morning.

jesse - thanks for driving us all back into town and to the beach on saturday.

thats it. i think.
Old August 6th, 2002, 10:51 AM   #24
*katie*
Hullaboarder

toy town was the best tent town ever, you guys kicked some serious ass.

and I *heart* the american cheese crew, I've never seen people rock so hard to hardcore in my life. their enthusiasm was incredibly contagious.

AND I love jumper! I really do! he was so down to earth and obviously non-elitist, plus you could understand everything he said! best mc ever! rochester crew is so lucky.

katie
Old August 6th, 2002, 11:15 AM   #25
evangelion
Hullaboarder

^^^ hahaha awwwww! the AC crew *hearts* yoo 2