The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Warp Factor
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old September 29th, 2002, 08:19 PM   #26
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
MAGICAL!

What a night. What a night. What a motherfuckin' night!

I had a good feeling about this one, and I was not let down.

The lineup was quick. Security was friendly & efficient, and the free cocaine at the coat check was a neat idea.

Sets:

Silver1... interesting set... he mixed it up well, and when Gobstoppa hopped on the mic, the party started.

Spinz & JD... hullabaloo goodness! It wasn't the anthems I was expecting, but it was indeed ruff n ready jungle, full of the JD style that's been missing too much from 'ardcore sets. JD, you owe me a throwdown. Soon.

U.F.O... unbemotherfuckinlievable... I've been bored with most of the headliners that have been coming in recently, and their nustyle garbage... UFO was everything our headliner should be. Rough breakbeats, pounding bass, cheesy synth lines, and he was completely into the party, which added to the vibe.

Frolic... When the fireworks went off, and you and Jumper went bonkers, it was a magical hullabamoment. Each and every last raver in the place should remember that for years to come. No 'Love Boy' for me, but I suppose I'll let you keep spinning at parties. I creamed myself when 'My Way' came on. You sly dog you!

Frisky... You're always bangin, so I expect it from you. Bitch. Fuckin' nice one.

Jason Marshal... If I was on drugs, I would have been a puddle of rave goo during your set. I can't get into trance if I'm not rolling, but I bobbed my head a lot. wOOt!

D-minus... Have my illegitimate rave babies, you anthem whoring DJ stud. That is all.

SHOUTOUTS... to Cait, Karlos, Carl, Amirah, Mandy, AmandaVK, Jenn, candykates, JennNJ, Josh, Darren, John, Jesse, Kelly, Marilyn, Katie, Nicki, Pete, Kellan, Laura, Derek, Bob (I'll get you my demo ASAP), DivingFaces, Pointy_sticks, Leigh-Anne, Aimee, MaTcH.... fuck... I probably forgot some peeps, but I'm sleepy. So there.

PLUR PLUR PLUR RAVE RAVE RAVE

MCED

Hot + Dirty
Old September 29th, 2002, 08:22 PM   #27
EnergyFlow
Hullanewbie

Send a message via ICQ to EnergyFlow Send a message via AIM to EnergyFlow
Yes, this party kicked my ass... i drove 6 hours to party with oyu guys and bring in my 18th. My ears still be ringing from all thosee wistles =)
Thanks sooo much, the vibe was simply incredible!!

Peace,
Ryan
Old September 29th, 2002, 08:26 PM   #28
JewlZ
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to JewlZ
Smile

Well, you know a party is good when you are just getting home right now. Prior to the party really was starting to eat away at my nerves with eveything that went wrong......but by the time we got in the party and got comfortable........YAY!!!!

UFO's set was AMAZING!!!!

I throuroughly enjoyed partying it up with my awsome friend Jenn again.......and I finally got to meet the infomous Matty........but I think the three most amazing/interesting parts of the night would have to be bringing Ashley to her first party (that was quite amuzing after the party, I'm sure other people would say the same.........SARCASM! ), meeting up with a couple people from my old highschool and chilling with them afterwards......and of course, SPUNN!!!!! Matt you were the greatest, I love partying with you, you're sooooo adorable.

Anyways, for my only hulla since murderballoo, I must give it 3.78 thumbs up!

Last but not least, this is for you Jenn, from Ashley (you missed this one) -------"Can I rail your pixy stick?"

Last edited by JewlZ : September 29th, 2002 at 08:28 PM.
Old September 29th, 2002, 08:56 PM   #29
stargurl

Send a message via ICQ to stargurl
Before last night, I hadn't been to a party in Toronto in a very long time.

Last night made me ask myself: why the hell not? I met so many of you last night and had such a great time. Happy smiling faces everywhere, great music, great times. I had a blast.

Thank you all.
Old September 29th, 2002, 09:09 PM   #30
~~MaRgARitA~~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~~MaRgARitA~~
Quote:
Originally posted by Nubbie

But Lisa even said she had fun

Buahaa

oh she had a blast

but she was in the tripp booth where random people couldn't talk to her or touch her.

unlike me....

-Margarita
Old September 29th, 2002, 09:20 PM   #31
supaster
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to supaster Send a message via AIM to supaster
I had fun.
Apparently i'm a dick for not talking to people i don't like.
I would have thought talking to them and being rude would be worse...but whatever.
Thanks to Mc Specs for my nickle. It's all your parties were worth.
Thanks for the bday wishes everyone.
Old September 29th, 2002, 09:23 PM   #32
*ShAnN*
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to *ShAnN*
Quote:
Originally posted by ~~MaRgARitA~~

Buahaa

oh she had a blast

but she was in the tripp booth where random people couldn't talk to her or touch her.

unlike me....

-Margarita

was 19+ drunkalicious??????????? did you miss me???? ehehehe
Old September 29th, 2002, 09:58 PM   #33
§ p u n n
Hullaboarder

i had so much fun.

SO. MUCH. FUN.

muahahahah! i have the best pics EVAR!

i hope to get them up asap....

i STILL have music in my head.

... and ps. jenn (psychick) is my hero hahahaha

.... i cant talk, i'm losing my voice. i wonder why.

HELLO TO E V E R Y B O D Y ! ! ! !
Old September 29th, 2002, 10:05 PM   #34
djcyclone
Hullaboarder

Re: MAGICAL!

Quote:
Originally posted by Everybodies_Daddy
SHOUTOUTS... Pointy_sticks

MCED

I think you prolly saw her twin, cos she wasn't there.
Old September 29th, 2002, 10:18 PM   #35
gator
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to gator
I had an amazing time. Everything Hulla is meant to be and more.
The music was excellent and the vibe was DEFINATELY alive. UFO's set far exceeded expectations. He was terrific. And Frolic, you impress me more and more each time I see you. It is so unbelieveably cool to see dj's having as good of a time as us in the crowd.
Thank you Hullabaloo!!
Old September 29th, 2002, 10:34 PM   #36
~*~pRiNcEsS juLiA~*~
Hullaboarder

Awww I was supposed to go!!!!

It would have been an absolute bLaSt.!!!!
Next time!

LiVe LiFe... duNt LeT LiFe LiVe yEw
Old September 29th, 2002, 11:01 PM   #37
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
Ok Im too damned tired to write a whole bunch of stuff but to all the hullaboarders I met last night, you guys are awsome. And to all the hullaboarders that I've met before, pleasure as always. To all the DJ's, kick ass sets (but special shout out to Donny for spinning Elysium for Kel )

Ummm *dies*

~Jesse~
Old September 29th, 2002, 11:02 PM   #38
mrmagoo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to mrmagoo
Oh ya and Elliot, the plan was a failure, next time though, next time!
Old September 29th, 2002, 11:20 PM   #39
limey
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 7 View Users Journal
This weekend was a blast

Props to my supervisor Dwayne for making my job fun and to Rigby for letting me drink his whiskey on saturday night.
Old September 29th, 2002, 11:31 PM   #40
~~MaRgARitA~~
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ~~MaRgARitA~~
Quote:
Originally posted by *ShAnN*

was 19+ drunkalicious??????????? did you miss me???? ehehehe

hullabaloo isn't the same without you.

i miss singing to happy hardcore drunk on stage.

*memories*......
Old September 30th, 2002, 04:27 AM   #41
Psychedelicious
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally posted by § p u n n

... and ps. jenn (psychick) is my hero hahahaha

Raving it up in my basement is the best ever. Hahaha.

That girl was the most hilarious person I have ever met.

I'll write a review later, I'm very sleepy.

Psychick & J-Karlos & Termeric | The Cyber Lepers of the Future

anyone who's anyone knows who deek is ... you're all internet stars
Old September 30th, 2002, 11:05 AM   #42
Klubmasta Will
Hullaboarder

first hulla i've missed in ages. unfortunately for me, i was stuck doing work all weekend and couldn't even drop by for a little bit like i had hoped.

glad to hear dj spinz rocked it 'ardcore.

glad to hear hullabaloo has not lost any of its magic.

happy birthday frolic - lotsa stuff to celebrate lately.
Old September 30th, 2002, 11:44 AM   #43
zanadu
Hullanewbie

excellent time, i had. first party and all, it was interesting... what was with the dude that was running with the bunny? "Can my bunny kiss you?" hehehe wtf???

btw spinz, fawkin deadly set, will see you again... pics from my digicam will be online tonite
Old September 30th, 2002, 11:54 AM   #44
Sgrodog
Hullanewbie

New to the Scene...

Just want to say that I had an amazing time Sat night...me and my friend Jenn drove up from Buffalo and Warped was our first party...Neither of us knew what to expect, and were actually pretty nervous. But it turned out to be the most amazing night Ive ever had. I met so many awesome people, but cant remember anyones names, besides Kate and Adam who were the first people to "show us the ropes" somewhat and introduce us to the scene...thanks guys!

If anyone reads this and remembers meeting Jeff and Jenn that night...then I just want to say thanks for making that night something I will never forget. The faces, the awesome sound...just too much!! Also introduced to the Happy Hardcore sound that night too and stayed up the rest of Sunday mixing a HH disc to play while working....definitely great music. Puts me right back in the middle of the party and the vibe I felt...

Definitely open to hearing back from anyone with any info on anything else coming up around Buffalo/Rochester/Toronto....cant wait to see you all again at the next party!!
Old September 30th, 2002, 12:11 PM   #45
imlookingthroughyourwindo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to imlookingthroughyourwindo Send a message via AIM to imlookingthroughyourwindo
fucking awesome party kids! way to go, the hulla vibe is still alive and going strong, packed until the very end, the dj's rocked it, memorable sets were U.F.O's, Jason Marshalls, Frolics, and Frisky!
the fireworks were so cool during UFO's and Frolics set!
HULLA WILL NEVER DIE!!
Old September 30th, 2002, 12:44 PM   #46
silver1
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to silver1
Wow what a night!

For me, it was definitely on of my favourite sets I've ever spun. I was all over the place with different styles (some freeform, some darker stuff, into the happier stuff) and I was worried that you guys wouldn't take to it. But it was awesome to look up and see people getting down to all of it.

Cheers to the partiers who make Hulla what it is.

Great sets by everyone I saw.

Hujib is one of the most talented DJs I know. Flawless mixing EVERYTIME I see him spin.

I nearly creamed myself when Le Freak finished her set with Equator's "Silence". One of my all time favourite trance tunes.

Spinz and JD rocked the place big time. I'm not a big fan of jungle but seeing the enthusiam Spinz puts into his set makes it hard not to keep moving.

UFO has been one of, if not THE BEST producers in the last year. So I was hoping to hear a lot of new stuff to get an idea of what's coming up in the next year of hardcore. When I found out he'd be spinning the entire set off CDs I knew I wouldn't be diappointed. What a truely awesome set.

Frolic once again delivered the goods and proved why he's the most sought after hardcore DJ in North America. He programs a set so well that the crowd results are guaranteed and the roof blows off the place every time.

Frisky started things off right with "Don't Go Away" before he got into the newer upfront stuff. It's amazing how a single track can trigger so many memories from the days of when he caned the shit out of that track. It set the mood perfectly for his set that he continued with a lot of his newer stuff. Simply awesome.

I started to REALLY run out of gas during Frisky's set (woke up at 7:00 the previous morning) so I bailed midway though (Sorry I missed your set Donny. You can kick me in the junk the next time you see me). But all in all, awesome event. Great Lighting, Great sound, wicked pyro, unreal vibe.

While a lot of the scene stuggles to survive, Hulla keeps getting better and better. It is truely a special and unique event unto its own. Lookin' forward to Dec. 14th!

P.S. Kudos to the MCs JD, Kwik, Gobstoppa and Jumper. With a single jesture or a single request, a talented MC can get the party to explode in a second. And all of the guys who worked that night could do just that. They get the crowd going and keep them hyped and responsive the entire night. Good work guys!
Old September 30th, 2002, 12:57 PM   #47
Everybodies_Daddy
Hullaboarder

Photos: 8  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Everybodies_Daddy
Re: Re: MAGICAL!

Quote:
Originally posted by djcyclone

I think you prolly saw her twin, cos she wasn't there.

There were so many random faces, I figured she was probably one of them.

Shouts out to all the random faces cru! wOOt!

MCED
Old September 30th, 2002, 03:17 PM   #48
oOFuzzEOo
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to oOFuzzEOo
Exclamation BOO!! at the jungle!

Alright I'm not bad mouthing jungle or anything, becuase yes i belive jungle can be really good sometimes.. But WTF was that crap they played at hulla... It sucked sooo much ass it wasn't funny, That was the longest hour I have ever had to sit through..

But i have to admit, the party was excellent with the excpetion of that crap they played.. who was it DJ spinz? Anywho, I thought the happy hardcore was great.. I missed D-minus's set because I had to leave early but whatever... Did he spin castles in the sky.. If he did... GOD DAM IT!!!

Anywho, I enjoyed my self... note to frolic.. Either get Good Jungle.. Or no Jungle at all
Old September 30th, 2002, 03:22 PM   #49
TrancE_KiD_82
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to TrancE_KiD_82
ugh.........i couldnt go............i had to werk
Old September 30th, 2002, 03:34 PM   #50
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1
Re: BOO!! at the jungle!

Quote:
Originally posted by oOFuzzEOo
Anywho, I thought the happy hardcore was great..

Was I at a differant partie or something??? there was a minimal amount of HAPPY hardcore!!! it was mainly nu style hardcore...i think i could have counted the amount of HAPPY hardcore tracks played all night...I understand hhc producers are trying to bring back alot of the flare oldskool hardcore had...but wow...i just can't get into nu style hhc...it's not nearly happy enough

ps...every dj threw down a good set, they kept the crowd going and fun times were had by all...which is what the partie is ALL ABOUT!!!
i DID have a fabulous time...i always do...it's HULLABALOO! BUT...yeah, more sing-a-long tunes would have been nice...lots of friendly ppl. and so many old friends were there...it was great partying with everyone again...and the new stage setup was amazing!!! that screen idea was great and the pyro was good eye candy happy birthday to Chris, I was going to ask you something at the partie...but you were getting swarmed...i hope that picture i took of you and those ppl. came out well = )

all in all a great partie...good times and great ppl...see you all December 14'th