The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Featured Polls
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you vote for the NDP?
Yes 15 83.33%
No 0 0%
I don't know yet 2 11.11%
I won't/can't vote 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. This poll is closed

Old June 7th, 2004, 09:40 PM   #1
cheatachu72
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to cheatachu72
Why ravers should vote NDP

Hi, everyone!

I'd like to turn back the clock to the summer of 2000. Raves were actually banned in Toronto! Jack Layton, the current leader of the NDP, and his wife, Olivia Chow, were Toronto city councillors at that time. They helped to organize iDance, an amazing daytime rave at City Hall (I'm on the front page in the Globe & Mail!), and they succeeded in getting raves unbannned. They actually attended a couple of raves too!

But there are a lot more serious reasons to vote for the NDP. We live in a make-or-break generation. If the Liberals or the Conservatives win the election, Canada will become USA's partner in crime. I can go on and on why I am disgusted with the US government, but no one would probably read this post. Check out www.guerrillanews.com or www.whatreallyhappened.com if you're interested.

Voting for the NDP is a vote for Canada's role as a peacemaker and not a warmongerer. Students who don't want to be burdened by enormous debts, people who want the government to keep the corporations in check instead of the other way around, and people who want a true change should vote NDP.

Peace,

Anthony
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:56 PM   #2
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
yes!!! YES!!!
Jack layton is the man!

It has been my personal goal this summer to get all my friends to vote NDP. Honestly something must be done, We are the children of the baby boomers We have a voice!!

/rant
Old June 7th, 2004, 11:19 PM   #3
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Photos: 32  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 12 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
YAY! NDP!
Old June 8th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #4
hendrix
Hullanewbie
spankthemonkey Champion! High Score: 848 

ya go ndp?????
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:38 PM   #5
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 21 View Users Journal
I'm so GEE...

waht is NDP?
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:39 PM   #6
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Seizure Send a message via MSN to Seizure Send a message via Yahoo to Seizure
New Democratic Party
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:43 PM   #7
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seizure
New Democratic Party

That makes so much sense to me. Alot. teehee

I sweeeeeeeear to gosh im getting mad at your posting frenzys boi..
Old June 8th, 2004, 11:46 PM   #8
Seizure
Hullaboarder

Who is Gosh?
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:20 AM   #9
bonsweetcandie
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 25 View Users Journal
Send a message via MSN to bonsweetcandie
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynhype
That makes so much sense to me. Alot. teehee

I sweeeeeeeear to gosh im getting mad at your posting frenzys boi..

Are you old enough to vote?
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:21 AM   #10
Seizure
Hullaboarder

She's turning 15 in like two weeks or something.
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:22 AM   #11
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

yea yea lol I'm turning 15

buuut I can convince my friends to vote.. and tell them about this shyyte if I knew more about it
Old June 22nd, 2004, 09:41 PM   #12
cheatachu72
Hullaboarder

If you aren't fighting the system, you are a part of the system.

Here's a well-written article that explains a lot of why this world is messed:

http://www.whale.to/m/greaves1.html

Also, if you ever find yourself wondering wtf I can't breathe the air, wtf the only job I can get is minimum wage, wtf do I have to go thousands into debt to get an education or buy a house, politics prolly had something to do with it. You owe it to yourself to stay informed There's a "u" in plur for unity - the more ppl are pissed off about the way things are, the better the chance we can get something done.

Lotz of love and see you all at Hulla,

Anthony
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:41 AM   #13
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Saffron Send a message via Yahoo to Saffron
I would vote NDP but I want to ensure that the conservatives do not get into power. So I will need to vote Liberal.
- Thom Yorke
Old June 23rd, 2004, 03:15 PM   #14
cheatachu72
Hullaboarder

strategic voting is bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
I would vote NDP but I want to ensure that the conservatives do not get into power. So I will need to vote Liberal.

Ppl should vote for the party that they like for democracy to work. Strategic voting, (i.e. voting for someone you don't really like to lower the chances of a worse candidate winning) is really bad! Paul Martin recently said that voting for the NDP is a vote for Harper. If all Martin can do to get people to vote for him is to say Harper is worse, then Martin isn't worth voting for either. Vote for the party with the best ideas, not the one using scare tactics.

Peace,

Anthony
Old June 24th, 2004, 01:26 AM   #15
Saffron
Hullaboarder

^^ My voting is not being influenced by Paul Martins scare tactics. I am using logic. I can look at what happened in the last US Presidential election and learn from that.

How dare you tell me that how I am voting is bad. I believe this country is free and I can do whatever the fuck I want. Come to think of it maybe I will move back to England.
Old June 27th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #16
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

Photos: 6  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Sexy.kitten
We should vote for NDP cause the conservitaves are gonna privatize hospitals and when we get all needing health care it will cut into our party money. BOO and the damn liberals like lost a huge chunk of money and I dont enjoy paying taxes to people that loose it!! DAMMIN STUFF!
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:05 PM   #17
Bubbles_2486
Hullaboarder

Send a message via MSN to Bubbles_2486
Ewwww..politics..to complicated for me!

PR-*Bubbles_24*

MSN- Naughty_Hotty_16@hotmail.com

HeArTbEaTz
Old June 28th, 2004, 03:14 AM   #18
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles_2486

Dammit I am trying to make kandy kids look less stupid in general and earn us all some more respect....damn you!! *shakes fist*
Old June 28th, 2004, 05:19 AM   #19
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy.kitten
We should vote for NDP cause the conservitaves are gonna privatize hospitals and when we get all needing health care it will cut into our party money. BOO and the damn liberals like lost a huge chunk of money and I dont enjoy paying taxes to people that loose it!! DAMMIN STUFF!

Sure we should vote NDP. but you do realise that by voting NDP its possible you will help the conservatives to a majority government by the NDP splitting the Liberal vote. So go ahead, vote NDP and have Stephen Harper as your next leader.

You say you dont enjoy paying taxes to people who just lose it. Well how fair is it to not tax people who make under 15k a year? That means that if you are making $20,000 you may as well make 5000 less just so you can avoid teh tax man. This is the NDP's plan. Cut taxes to the poor, and the middle class suffers. Not to mention cutting out a whole wack of money that goes towards the national debt, healthcare, roads etc... Poor people use roads and healthcare and education... they are gonna get a free ride with the NDP. Why should I have to pay because I make more money? No wonder I have an RRSP.
Old June 28th, 2004, 02:24 PM   #20
Sexy.kitten
Hullaboarder

yes well....in voting anyway something is gonna suck. I just think NDP will suck less for me and I am not about to throw my vote anywhere else.
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:47 PM   #21
brooklynhype
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles_2486

I try not to get into politics.
It is complicated! lol. but it's intresting
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:41 PM   #22
cheatachu72
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffron
Sure we should vote NDP. but you do realise that by voting NDP its possible you will help the conservatives to a majority government by the NDP splitting the Liberal vote. So go ahead, vote NDP and have Stephen Harper as your next leader.

You say you dont enjoy paying taxes to people who just lose it. Well how fair is it to not tax people who make under 15k a year? That means that if you are making $20,000 you may as well make 5000 less just so you can avoid teh tax man. This is the NDP's plan. Cut taxes to the poor, and the middle class suffers. Not to mention cutting out a whole wack of money that goes towards the national debt, healthcare, roads etc... Poor people use roads and healthcare and education... they are gonna get a free ride with the NDP. Why should I have to pay because I make more money? No wonder I have an RRSP.

Right now, corporations are getting a free ride on taxes, not to mention a free ride on the environment. Corporate tax cuts takes a big chunk of money away from the things you mention (healthcare, education, etc.) If any group of people should get a break on taxes, it's the "poor" (newlyweds raising a baby, recent university graduates) who don't make more than $15,000 yet. Not taxing these people will help make Canada a more compassionate country.

By the way, I'm not out trying to insult anyone - I enjoy open-minded discussions on these kind of topics, and especially when they challenge me and make me look at the world in a different way.

Peace,

Anthony (see you all at Hulla!)
Old June 29th, 2004, 03:01 AM   #23
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
and this is why many do not share what they voted

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old June 29th, 2004, 04:20 AM   #24
Saffron
Hullaboarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatachu72
Right now, corporations are getting a free ride on taxes, not to mention a free ride on the environment. Corporate tax cuts takes a big chunk of money away from the things you mention (healthcare, education, etc.) If any group of people should get a break on taxes, it's the "poor" (newlyweds raising a baby, recent university graduates) who don't make more than $15,000 yet. Not taxing these people will help make Canada a more compassionate country.

Tax breaks to corporations are what make our economy strong. If corporations see that you get tax breaks in Canada they are more inclined to bring their buisness here creating jobs thus strengthening the economy. If you taxed all the big buisnesses they would go elsewhere creating a recession.

Poor people should pay less tax, but still pay tax. I don't want to pay for that guy who works at McDonalds for $7.10 an hour's health care or for his kid to get an education if he isnt contributing anything.

Newleyweds raising a baby who are poor making under 15k a year... maybe they should have thought about their financial situation before deciding to procreate. Everyone makes excuses. I use to make under 15k a year but you know what I have drive, I realised you cant live off that... so what did I do? I went and got myself an education so I could live comfortably.

Canada is already a compassionate country. There is only so much we can do for people, but then we have this thing called the National Debt... which is growing by thousands of dollars every second. Taxing everyone is fair... Rich people get around taxes in other ways. My dad puts at least half of his salary into an RRSP so he isnt taxed in the 200k tax bracket. I do the same (however I dont make 200k) to put myself into a lower tax bracket. There's loop holes everywhere for taxes.