View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2003, 06:37 AM   #26
pyrotix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to pyrotix Send a message via MSN to pyrotix
TRIP presence

Quote:
Mrs Frolic: When we have a party and people are out in front of the venue all night puking because there's bad pills going around, it really makes me ask myself why I do this and what the point of this is.

I can see how that would really concern you, and it really makes me happy that TRIP was there. The Toronto Raver Info Project is such a wonderful resource; in Canada they have it much better than the US DanceSafe chapters. There is a difference though, in the US we are sometimes allowed to provide pill testing services at parties. If TRIP was able to do this, I think it would be a tremendous boon to Hullabaloo parties.

When people know the contents of their pill, they can avoid negative experiences from taking "bad" pills, they can avoid accidentally killing themselves, and they can make informed decisions that directly affect their long-term health.

I understand this isn't Hulla's prerogative, although I'm not quite clear on the law. I think it's the Canadian government that stands in the way of pill testing, I really would like some more info on this.

Again I applaud TRIP's success in becoming a staple in the TO scene. And I applaud those who organize Hulla... a small group of people bringing joy to so many, it's like a euphoria factory made of people. I guess that's the answer to your question, but you knew that already ;-)