The HullaBoard  

Go Back   The HullaBoard > Hullabaloo Events > Archives (read-only) > Stay Here Forever
User Name
Password
Home Forum Gallery Arcade Journals FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old July 6th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #1
anabolic frolic
Administrator

Photos: 125  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 5 View Users Journal
Thanks for 6 wonderful years.

Thanks everyone for making our 6 year anniversary worthy of that distinction. The night had everything that makes Hulla what it is. It's such an awesome thing to think that after as many shows as we've had and after all these years, the Hulla vibe still is as strong as ever, and new people and old can all come together and make Hulla what it is.

I wouldn't be continuing throwing these parties if it wasn't for the support of everyone there and I had as much of an afterglow when going home as any of you. The sun was shining and it was a beautiful morning after a wonderful night.

Since it is our anniversary I do want to send some thank-you's to everyone that makes Hulla what it is...

First to my lovely wife Robin, I couldn't do it without you.

To Kristine, Michelle, Dana, Janine (see I still remember your names! ) and the rest of the Friendship Crew who are the unsung heroes of Hulla. They spend weeks prepping for the party, making their costumes, decorations (including the fabulous HullaBook) and arrive to the venue early in the day to help set up, blow up balloons, cut whistles, and on and on. They do this purely for their love of Hulla and don't get paid a cent. They are a huge part of the Hulla experience and while I may get all the props they are integral to each party. All your hardwork is much appreciated!!!

To all the DJs and MCs who play for us, not just last night but at every Hulla up to it. The music is the driving force of the parties, and every person who's performed on our stage, no matter how big a name they are, always bring something special to each Hulla gig.

I once again have to thank the Opera House for their continued support. I've said this many times, but after all the crap and dodgy venues I've dealt with over the years I don't think we'd be in business anymore if I didn't have such a great venue to work with. Even when things don't run as smoothly as we would like, they bust their butts to make it right and I can enjoy my own parties now since I know everything is under control.

Last but not least - You, my beloved Hulla-Ravers. I truly do have the best job in the world and it's an awesome thing to be on the receiving end of all your love and support. As long as you are there for me, I'll be there for you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful summer, and pencil in on your calenders September 20th, which will be our next event.

Keep Smiling!

-frolic
Old July 6th, 2003, 09:10 PM   #2
*MoonDancer*

Photos: 12  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to *MoonDancer* Send a message via MSN to *MoonDancer* Send a message via Yahoo to *MoonDancer*
*tears*
That was a beautiful Speech
THankyou for Hullabaloo and all its SPlendor!
KRis*
Old July 6th, 2003, 09:50 PM   #3
Snoop e
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 23 View Users Journal
Send a message via AIM to Snoop e Send a message via MSN to Snoop e Send a message via Yahoo to Snoop e
*happy tear rolls down my cheek*

Frolic kick ass party... i love what you do for the ravers and tha supporters for tha rave scene... i just wanted to congrats to you for tha 6 yrs man... and may many more come

Keep up tha good work frolic... your tha best

Check me out on MySpace.
Old July 6th, 2003, 10:24 PM   #4
candypunk
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to candypunk
cheers man, cheers
Old July 7th, 2003, 12:25 AM   #5
--Smooth--
Hullaboarder

Send a message via Yahoo to --Smooth--
Thank you Chris and Robin ~ Mr/Mrs. Frolic.

This was only my 8th Hulla. But you keep'em coming, I'll be there! .. Unless im in England. :P

==Jolly good show==

I love them allot>! I wish I could do something more then comming and having a wick'd time.-- but for now.. I guess thats cool enough>!

Keep It stylin'--
Mike--
Old July 7th, 2003, 03:26 PM   #6
Troile
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Troile
Thank you Frolic.

I cried during your set. So much cheese.

So many good times. I've never been so happy like that before.
Old July 7th, 2003, 03:33 PM   #7
GreatBigMouth
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to GreatBigMouth
Honestly I don't even know what to say...except for keep um coming and I'll keep going....Thank you sooooooooo much for giving us all the opportunity to experience something so amazing....
wait..
S-M-A-R-T
Old July 7th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #8
pyrotix
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to pyrotix Send a message via MSN to pyrotix
Talking thank YOU!

No, Chris, thank YOU!

Stay Here Forever was my first Hulla, and the best party I have ever been to! NYC's got nothin on ya.

I came up from Long Island, NY to come to Hulla, and every minute of travel was worth it! I had such a great time in Toronto, I am moving there as soon as possible. People in New York don't smile whenever you make eye contact with them, they aren't outgoing like they are in TO, NYC is dirty, homophobic and sometimes dangerous... Toronto is like some utopian haven that I have been missing all my life.

I am glad I finally found it, and if the U of T tour wasn't enough to cement my will, Stay Here Forever convinced me that Canada is where I belong.
Old July 7th, 2003, 03:51 PM   #9
Troile
Hullaboarder

W00000 go talk to Timmie...he's the guy with the dynamic uno shirt...he wants to move to canada too.

Its all about the candy.
Old July 7th, 2003, 06:31 PM   #10
lil star
Hullaboarder

Send a message via AIM to lil star
yes THANK YOU FROLIC!!!!!

thank you for hullabaloo, hulla was the reason I started raving 5 years ago and is the #1 reason why I can't stop raving, thank you so so so much and thanks for that set it was incredable! I almost cried, that was best hulla memory #5.
Old July 7th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #11
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder
Snake Champion! High Score: 2183  Duck Hunt Champion! High Score: 89000 

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i only go to hullas

that should say something

** New - Dj Tranzit - This Is Why I'm Hot - 60 min hardcore fuckery ***
Old July 8th, 2003, 12:20 AM   #12
kandeegirl2
Sweetness and Light Mod

Photos: 29  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 3 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to kandeegirl2 Send a message via AIM to kandeegirl2 Send a message via Yahoo to kandeegirl2
word ^^^ i don't really go to many other parties anymore myself.

Frolic-ya know how much i love your parties!!!!!! it was definitely another amazing night to remember
Old July 8th, 2003, 03:34 AM   #13
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

I've had two days to process and wanted to share my thoughts.

I always enjoy our parties but for after you do something for awhile it becomes somewhat routine. I suppose it's like working in a candy store, eventually candy just isn't that exciting for you anymore. Although they're fun and I always like meeting people and interacting with them, I suppose the parties had lost their wonder for me.

Well, I felt it on Saturday night. It was the first time in a long time that I stood up on stage and looked out over the crowd and had that sense of wonder and gratitude. It's almost a feeling of astonishment, that normal people can come together and create something that beautiful and warm and joyous.

There seems to be some sort of cosmic consciousness that people tap into sometimes. There's a shared emotion and energy that bounces from person to person, becoming magnified and ever-expanding. I remember being onstage at one of our early parties at the News, looking at the crowd, each person doing their individualistic and repetitive dances. I suddenly saw them as a giant brain, each person a neuron repeatedly firing, flashing a signal to the next, each a small yet vital part in this greater whole. Individual yet interconnected, separate yet unified.

For a long time now I think our parties have just been parties to me. Last Saturday made me remember that they're not just parties, they're Hullabaloo!, and I am grateful to have been a part of this movement and these events. The experience of throwing these parties has had a profound impact on my development both as an individual person, and as a couple with Chris.

Without all of you we could not do any of this. Thank you all for coming and sharing your time, your energy, and your love with us. Thank you for sharing this journey, and I hope we don't come to the end of this path for a long, long time.

I can only finish with a phrase that I long ago discounted as cheesy and trite, but it seems more appropriate than anything else: PLUR. Peace, love, unity, and respect. I love you all.
Old July 8th, 2003, 03:42 AM   #14
CareSieB
Hullaboarder

Photos: 24  Users Photo Gallery
Journal Entries: 4 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to CareSieB Send a message via AIM to CareSieB Send a message via MSN to CareSieB Send a message via Yahoo to CareSieB
whoa..
thats all i can say
You guys are great, this party was just what I needed, at the end of the night i was REALLY hoping donny would play stay here forever again, because that is just what i wanted to do, at 6 am, i just stood there in astonishment...thanks again guys
Old July 8th, 2003, 09:47 AM   #15
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Tranzit Send a message via MSN to DJ Tranzit Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Tranzit
i would really like to point out that i walked around a little bit, and it seemed that more and more people are partying sober nowadays..

i really have to hand it to you guys/girls.

that's awsome stuff.. party sober, and arrive alive (although a couple beers early night never hurt anyone!)... just lay off the drugs

For anyone who was thinking of dosing and didn't... congrats.

Personally for me, to see a crowd that is hyped, yet all messed up is one thing..
But to see a crowd that is hyped AND sober, it's something spectacular... Then you know they're REALLY having a good time, and everything IS real..
Old July 8th, 2003, 01:13 PM   #16
Troile
Hullaboarder

There is nothing wrong with personal choice.

The one thing that ruins hullas for people are the people that walk around criticising everyone for their drug abuse...

That didn't happen to me this time...but it happens to too many people. And its usually by the friendship crew or other guestlisted people.

Its really aggravating. When you're sober its soooo hard to find that groove and that vibe thats really special...anything negative really brings it down.

A person's intoxication is no one else's business. And alcohol is a drug...I find drunk people to be so much more annoying than etards.
Old July 8th, 2003, 01:22 PM   #17
Acorn143
Hullaboarder

Photos: 11  Users Photo Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to Acorn143
I almost started crying... Chris remembered my name. After a year i am now known. hehehehe. It was sssooo much fun.

Happy Birthday

From the Left: Lisa, Me, Robbin, Kristine, Michelle, Janine and Marky

Purerave: Acorn143

Last edited by Acorn143 : July 8th, 2003 at 01:25 PM.
Old July 8th, 2003, 02:52 PM   #18
Keron_DaFunky1
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to Keron_DaFunky1 Send a message via Yahoo to Keron_DaFunky1

Thanks for 6 CONSISTANT great years of amazing parties to everyone involved in making Hullabaloo what it is...and that is, a magical experience you cannot find at any other " rave ".

I'll always support you guys because you always throw quality parties and always have a great time doing it. Hulla parties are mainly the only parties I ever attend anymore, I've only ever missed one and eventhough i've said in the past " this is my last partie " - you always end up pulling me back over

One thing I especially enjoyed about this partie was how much I smiled...seriously, I don't think i've smiled that much at a partie in a very long time...maybe since Anthems??? either way, it was a great time. I got to sing so much due to the higher amount of CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE at this partie than previous hullas...so THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT!!!

I'd go on a shout out list to everyone...but you're all equally great!!! thanks for the continuing memories that will always be in my mind for me to reflect on anytime i may need that extra bit of happyness!

HAPPY HULLABALOO

ps. THE KING OF CHEESE WILL BE BACK!!!
Old July 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM   #19
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

> The one thing that ruins hullas for people are the people that walk around criticising everyone for their drug abuse...

The one thing that ruins Hullas for me is when I'm worrying all night about having to send people to the hospital because they've done too many substances.

When we have a party and people are out in front of the venue all night puking because there's bad pills going around, it really makes me ask myself why I do this and what the point of this is.

I'm not going to say don't do it at all, but be reasonable. Remember that if you OD you're not just screwing yourself, you're screwing your family and friends and anyone who happened to be around you at the time. Your actions have consequences that affect many people.
Old July 8th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #20
Troile
Hullaboarder

But see my problem is when I'm sober and I have to deal with all these people telling me that I'm an idiot and an asshole b/c I'm high.

It ruins any chance of a good vibe.

And I'm sorry but you can get high w/o injuring yourself. At get hype I saw a girl that was going around telling everyone not to do drugs feint in the bathroom b/c she drank too much alcohol.

I'm just saying that people should be concerned with their own safety and their own good time. Other people's business is their own business.
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #21
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

Alcohol is a drug as well. Being legal doesn't make it any better than anything else.

I didn't disagree that you can get high w/o injuring yourself (although the risk is always there). I do take issue with your statement that other people's business is their own business. It would be if their actions only affected themselves. But they don't; as I said, if someone OD's, many people are affected. They have a responsibility to be as safe as possible while doing ANYTHING that could affect other people, whether that's driving or taking substances or anything else.

Overdoses nearly destroyed our scene here in Toronto. Families were devastated, friends lost people they cared about, and on a wider level, thousands of people missed out on the experience of raving and dozens of people lost their livelihoods. All of this came about because a few people decided it was okay to be irresponsible in their drug use. Their actions affected thousands of other people. It isn't just "their own business".

And just as a suggestion, if people think you're an asshole and an idiot when you're sober, maybe you should take a close look at what you're doing that would make people think you're high.
Old July 8th, 2003, 04:12 PM   #22
Troile
Hullaboarder

But see just b/c people think I'm high doesn't give them a right to bug me about it.

Just b/c I wear candy, carry a water bottle and have an absolutely awesome time I must be on drugs or something.

Its really annoying.

And its not just me that feels this way. Everyone who has a problem with hulla is usually b/c of the jaded hulla residents.

I agree that when your business starts effecting others then it is no longer your business. But when I'm not hurting anyone I don't want some jaded asshole to make fun of me for the drugs I'm not using.

I can't dance. So what...I have fun dancing horribly.
Old July 8th, 2003, 05:14 PM   #23
Polina
Hullaboarder

Journal Entries: 10 View Users Journal
Send a message via ICQ to Polina
lol

i also noticed that more and more poeple were sober.. ( by that i mean no chems)

i dunno its just a personal opinion,
but i really do feel more comfortable around people who are sober.

If you can imagine it, you can create it. If you can believe it, you can become it

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.
Old July 9th, 2003, 02:58 AM   #24
DJ Tranzit
Hullaboarder

as robin said, i'll elaborate a bit with my feelings and thoughts.

she made a very good point.. yes.. if you do drugs, it is your own business, UNTIL it affects someone else...even one person. Just because others do it doesn't make it right for you to do it too.

I have done my share of drugs. I am not proud of it. Luckly for me, my useage didn't affect others. I did Ecstacy at ever rave i went to for a good 4-5 month span, and then i realized it was a mental addition in a way. it was if i NEEDED it to have a good time. Immediately i stopped doing it... and I stopped forever.

Other than that, I do not do any other drugs. I smoke cigarettes (which is a filthy habit), and I drink on slight occasions, even which i have cut back drastically. I know when i drink, especially to the point i am very drunk, i start to act wierd, and it's hard to control my actions. That is why I don't drink very much, and when i do, i keep it to a minimum amount, and i know my limits. As it was, a perfect example would be hulla. I had one beer when i got in, and i bought a second one.. i took one sip, and knew i shouldn't drink it.. ask anyone who saw me, i tried to pawn it off FOR FREE!

so.. back to the drugs..
it's a big problem.. i know many people need them to have a good time... others prefer them, some do them on occasion, and others don't at all..

wherever you fit into this is fine, but the people that DO decide to dose, weither at home, or at a party.. Please.. be responsible. Nothing is worse that getting a bad pill and not knowing it. there are so many horror stories.. it's not longer "safe" to buy off someone you know.. people are fucked up, and for some reason like to bask in the downfalls of others. it's a sad thing, but a reality

it's just easier NOT to dose.
take some wakeups or something instead
Old July 9th, 2003, 06:18 AM   #25
Mrs Frolic
Administrator

Ephedrine can kill you too.

I won't tell anyone not to do drugs; it's their choice. All I ask is that they be aware that their actions affect others. Don't mix pills, don't mix different drugs, and don't do too many of whatever you're doing (whether that is pills or alcohol or whatever). If you want to be adventurous, please be adventurous at home, not at hulla.