View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2003, 03:06 PM   #30
ecstasy riot
I'm special

I did not attend this or the last several Hulla's but I would like to send out my support for one of the best rave companies out there. My first Hulla was 12 I think, the one in the underground parking lot in 1999 & I had the best time & vowed never to miss another Hulla & went to several after that. I remember having no idea what the music was about, and why people were dressed in pajama's. Mind you, I had been to parties before but never witnessed anything like this before & the vibe was so wonderful & this girl taught me the hulla PLUR handshake & I remember trying to teach it to all my friends after the party.

Everyone was giving out bracelets & everyone made you feel like you were part of it, the vibe, the sub-culture, everything surrounding happy hardcore. Despite all the awful things that happened surrouding Hulla in the past years, they managed to stay together & still rock kids' worlds. I remember being in Europe last summer and meeting some American ravers & when i told them I was from Toronto they started freakign out about how lucky I am to be from where the Hulla parties are thrown because Frolic is an idol to them and the Happy2BHardcore series are extremely revered in their rave scene. =) It was so wonderful to share such a positive vibe with someone across the globe.

Enough rambling, I just wanted to say thank you Hulla, because it was Hulla that really incited this attitude about rave in me & I will always appreciate it. I remember 2 years ago when the Hulla board was going to be shut down & I was so upset because it had ment so much to me, after all it was through here I met the love of my life. But that I know goes to a fair number of people, which is just awesome.

meghin