View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2001, 01:05 PM   #65
ShOcK tHe MoNkEy
Hullaboarder

Send a message via ICQ to ShOcK tHe MoNkEy Send a message via MSN to ShOcK tHe MoNkEy
i still havent found the right words for this but....

oh wow. what a night. i dont think it could have gone any better than it did. im still at a loss for words.

SET REVIEWS

Wolf: the perfect beginning to a perfect party. i missed the first twenty minutes but what i did hear was absolutely bangin. and i absolutely adore the 2001 remix of Wanting to Get High. that breakdown is insane!!

Silver1: i was hoping he was going to spin more trancy/freeform stuff, and i wasnt disappointed. and he dropped my absolute favorite track, Freedom 2 Dance. never a dull moment when Tommy's on the decks.

Elixir: always a treat. so many wicked tracks. there was one he spun near the end, with the most fucked up breakdown. i loved it!!

Capital J: i didnt hear much of J's set cause i was in the front hall for a net meet, but what i did hear was wicked. i even got onstage for a bit near the end. (damn security kicked us all off, we werent hurting anyone up there!!)

Anabolic Frolic: i was really looking forward to this set, and was not disappointed. he spun mostly new unrealeased dubs, all of which were right on, and I'd love to get my hands on (especially the remix of All I Need). his speech almost had me in tears, and when he dropped Heart Of Gold....well...I'll admit it i had to cry a little. then i got up onstage dancing. definitely the most memorable part of the evening.

Frisky: there's not much i can really say. its frisky! he always brings the house down!! (and thank you MC Kwik for that shoutout during Sandstorm). and he played Body Slam!! woohooo!!!!!

Subsonic Chronic: i didnt hear much of his set either, i was upstairs taking a break, (too much dancing all night).

D-Minus: absolutely wicked. Donny's a fuckin nut. nuff said. good set to end off the hardcore with. (that total eclipse remix rocks!)

Spice: this was my first time hearing Spice, and i was not disappointed. i can see why so many people love this guy. (well now i do too!). was up onstage for most of his set with my friend noah. had a blast.

and at the very very end, getting everyone to scream Happy Hullabaloo....wow. what a way to end a party.

ShOcK's rating on the Monkey Meter

99999999999999999999999999999999999/ 10